Capita IT Resourcing Employee Reviews

Customer Satisfaction
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe31 December 2018
No single day is the same as working for a service provider, everyday throws challenges which as a Service Delivery Manager requires attention to detail, patience and understanding and above all understanding how best the team can support the customer and achieve their goals.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring each of the different support teams provide the service to the client in a timely fashion and ensuring no service credits are made applicable.

I am thoroughly enjoying the opportunity of stepping up into the SDM role since previous SDM departed. It has enabled me to understand, learn and grow as a person. Having a joke and laugh with the team to ease any tensions goes a long way in making sure the team feel valued.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Sometimes weekend work is invovlved
One of the best work experiences.
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Chippenham13 November 2018
Though I was only there on work experience they treated my like a colleague and got me involved in day to day work. The office environment is one that seems easy to work in and quite relaxed. Everyone I met who worked there also seemed happy with there position and enjoyed their job.
Pros
Relaxed and nice work environment.
Cons
Outdated hardware.
Don't
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex16 September 2018
I currently work at capita as a second line software analyst and I am advising you not to work here.
Since I have worked here I have felt like I've been bullied, intimidated and treated like a child. The senior management staff do not care about your well being. The whole higher archery in itself needs a major restructure. The pay structure within the company is completely backwards. I am speaking on behalf of a number of colleagues and not just mine,
As a service desk SLA times are always failing because the company are so understaffed. There has been a completely restructure within the service desk at Chelmsford and always falling behind on staff. I have never seen so many people leave within 6 months at a company than i have this one.
Pros
You do get some capita employee benefits
Cons
Read my review.
Good work colleagues to work with
Service Desk Analyst & EUC (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire28 June 2018
Unfortunately this role is not permanent. I do not receive any holiday entitlement, if I take a days leave, this will be unpaid.

Overall I would like a permanent role and advance my career.

I do enjoy working with my fellow 2 colleagues as we are friends outside of work.

I have learnt numerous of new software and have been able to use these new skills on a daily basis.
Cons
No holiday entitlement / Not a secure role
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beckenham9 April 2018
Great team to work with, within the settlements department. I would have to deal with handling and processing checks for shares of large quantities of money.
Good experience earned
Graduate Software Developer (Trainee) (Former Employee) –  London24 March 2018
Good Graduate Scheme that helped me gain valuable commercial experience and get exposed to new technologies.

Working with real life projects on client site everyday.
Corporate Beast - In need of health kick...
Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 February 2018
Capita is fundamentally a good company to work for, and pays well.

The group of Capita companies is expanding into areas without any real specialism and losing focus on its core strengths.

The new CEO at Capita appears to be making the right steps to address this, but I think is going to be a lengthy process to recover.
Pros
Well paid.
Cons
Little opportunity for development / Salary reviews
Excellent - loved my job
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol19 January 2018
This was the best job I have ever had, it was challenging and was very supported by all levels, it was a happy place to work, the only downside they were very unsupportive to part time positions.
Okay workplace
Software Engineer/Developer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 October 2017
The workplace was very confined, the managers were fun and friendly people, however, a bit on the pushy side, workplace culture was very enjoyable and friendly, very welcoming.
Best place to work
NOC Engineer 24/7 (SC Cleared) (Current Employee) –  Reigate, Surrey3 October 2017
A great working environment, great staff and teams, great attitudes. Lots of oppotunities to work on challenging projects with cleaver people. Its a very rapidly growing company having non stop success.
Great Staff
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2017
I really enjoyed working for Capita ITPS, I made some really good friends here that I'm still in touch with. I would definitely recommend working here!
Great work culture
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2017
I really enjoy the work culture here, it was very easy for me to settle in and feel part of the team.
It has been clearly laid out to me how I can progress within the company.
Dysfunctional and Toxic
Business Development (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 July 2017
I cant really say much good about this company, other than there are some really nice people there and the salary/benefits are ok.

Its an incredibly dysfunctional and badly organised place, with policies and procedures all over the place, many of which serve no purpose or actually help anybody, but they must be followed if you are to get even the simplest of things done.

The politics between the various divisions can be toxic... be aware there is no such thing as Capita.. just a group of sub companies who at times work against each other or just plainly do their own thing which may undermine another sub division... its a mess and the constant re-organisations have left most of the employees - especially those in IT Services wondering what they are supposed to be doing or why
Pros
Good T&C's
Cons
Poor Management
Large corporate
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex5 June 2017
Capita is a conglomerate of acquisitions, many of which have not been integrated well, hence staff tend to associate more with the account they work on than with Capita.
Good but not great
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham1 June 2017
Reasonable company to work with. There in continual change and embrace the whole project management style.

I contracted through another company between Spain and the UK
Interesting
Tester (Former Employee) –  Gloucester6 April 2017
I was moved to testing because I had ideas for improvements following creating a training programme.
It was enjoyable and made me passionate about improving all systems.
Enjoyable job and good workplace environment.
Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire15 February 2017
I co-ordinated customer requests from hardware, software, networks & databases.

I was fortunate to learn more about Service Management relationships and improve my customer skills.

The management were always approachable & encouraging.

The hardest and also the most enjoyable aspect of the job was meeting customer requests in a timely & professional manner, and building and maintaining positive customer relationships.
Pros
Subsidised lunches, positive working environment.
Cons
The salary could have been better.
great if you like being kept in the dark
Warehouse Controller (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire12 February 2017
i started in a two man team my boss left leaving me on my own.i was in contact with head office and they kept telling me my pay would be up graded after 6 months I heard rumours the warehouse was closing down and they had no intensions of paying me the extra money.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lied to by management
Good Variety
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Nationwide13 December 2016
Good flexible organisation to work for, but not good at recognising talent and encouraging to progress. The people I have worked with have generally been great and are a good bunch of people with similar views on the organisation.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
bottom 25% for pay and perks
Average place to work
1st Line Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey30 November 2016
Good work timings. No job security can get redundant randomly. Co workers are OK and initial training is good. Recommended for people passionate about service desks..