Capita IT Resourcing

Capita IT Resourcing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
The hours were good. Job could be stressful with targets and alot of the time management would be inconsistent with information relating to certain things like target goals ECT.
Great workplace, friendly and relaxed environment. Flexible working is available. Office location suitably located with good access to motorway, railway and bus network.
Company is a great starting block for one’s career if you can be bothered to wait it out & fight for what you would like. This is due to the environment & the characters that work there.

Management are not supportive of investing in their people or creating work life balance for their employees. Often times people would shout & scream at one another which wasn’t an environment that I believed was conducive to my growth as a person or employee.

Salary & benefits were minimal and not competitive to what’s currently in the market. A large proportion of those who work at the office are young which means I was exposed to moments of immature behaviour.

Unfortunately, not a company that requires longevity or loyalty as they won’t provide that for you.
Pros
Basic wage
Cons
Too many unfortunately
If you're looking for something short term, based in IT, sure, go ahead.
If you're looking for a quick stepping stone into other IT based roles. go ahead.

The office is difficult to get to if you don't drive.

The management only care about themselves.

The team is only any good if they're hitting 100% of their targets which is never easy. and management refer to you not as an employee, but as a "desk"
Pros
IT stepping stone
Cons
everything
Business develop our Salesforce strategy
Create GTM's into specific verticals that are driving factors of Salesforce and Mulesoft products and consulting

This is a new venture for Capita as part of the Capita Transformation proposition to market - delighting our customers.
Pros
work / life balance
Cons
Transformation has been a long and sometimes complicated process.
No single day is the same as working for a service provider, everyday throws challenges which as a Service Delivery Manager requires attention to detail, patience and understanding and above all understanding how best the team can support the customer and achieve their goals.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring each of the different support teams provide the service to the client in a timely fashion and ensuring no service credits are made applicable.

I am thoroughly enjoying the opportunity of stepping up into the SDM role since previous SDM departed. It has enabled me to understand, learn and grow as a person. Having a joke and laugh with the team to ease any tensions goes a long way in making sure the team feel valued.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Sometimes weekend work is invovlved
Though I was only there on work experience they treated my like a colleague and got me involved in day to day work. The office environment is one that seems easy to work in and quite relaxed. Everyone I met who worked there also seemed happy with there position and enjoyed their job.
Pros
Relaxed and nice work environment.
Cons
Outdated hardware.
I currently work at capita as a second line software analyst and I am advising you not to work here.
Since I have worked here I have felt like I've been bullied, intimidated and treated like a child. The senior management staff do not care about your well being. The whole higher archery in itself needs a major restructure. The pay structure within the company is completely backwards. I am speaking on behalf of a number of colleagues and not just mine,

As a service desk SLA times are always failing because the company are so understaffed. There has been a completely restructure within the service desk at Chelmsford and always falling behind on staff. I have never seen so many people leave within 6 months at a company than i have this one.
Pros
You do get some capita employee benefits
Cons
Read my review.
Unfortunately this role is not permanent. I do not receive any holiday entitlement, if I take a days leave, this will be unpaid.

Overall I would like a permanent role and advance my career.

I do enjoy working with my fellow 2 colleagues as we are friends outside of work.

I have learnt numerous of new software and have been able to use these new skills on a daily basis.
Cons
No holiday entitlement / Not a secure role
Great team to work with, within the settlements department. I would have to deal with handling and processing checks for shares of large quantities of money.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capita IT Resourcing?
Good Graduate Scheme that helped me gain valuable commercial experience and get exposed to new technologies.

Working with real life projects on client site everyday.
Capita is fundamentally a good company to work for, and pays well.

The group of Capita companies is expanding into areas without any real specialism and losing focus on its core strengths.

The new CEO at Capita appears to be making the right steps to address this, but I think is going to be a lengthy process to recover.
Pros
Well paid.
Cons
Little opportunity for development / Salary reviews
This was the best job I have ever had, it was challenging and was very supported by all levels, it was a happy place to work, the only downside they were very unsupportive to part time positions.
The workplace was very confined, the managers were fun and friendly people, however, a bit on the pushy side, workplace culture was very enjoyable and friendly, very welcoming.
A great working environment, great staff and teams, great attitudes. Lots of oppotunities to work on challenging projects with cleaver people. Its a very rapidly growing company having non stop success.
I really enjoyed working for Capita ITPS, I made some really good friends here that I'm still in touch with. I would definitely recommend working here!
I really enjoy the work culture here, it was very easy for me to settle in and feel part of the team.
It has been clearly laid out to me how I can progress within the company.
I cant really say much good about this company, other than there are some really nice people there and the salary/benefits are ok.

Its an incredibly dysfunctional and badly organised place, with policies and procedures all over the place, many of which serve no purpose or actually help anybody, but they must be followed if you are to get even the simplest of things done.

The politics between the various divisions can be toxic... be aware there is no such thing as Capita.. just a group of sub companies who at times work against each other or just plainly do their own thing which may undermine another sub division... its a mess and the constant re-organisations have left most of the employees - especially those in IT Services wondering what they are supposed to be doing or why
Pros
Good T&C's
Cons
Poor Management
Capita is a conglomerate of acquisitions, many of which have not been integrated well, hence staff tend to associate more with the account they work on than with Capita.
Reasonable company to work with. There in continual change and embrace the whole project management style.

I contracted through another company between Spain and the UK
I was moved to testing because I had ideas for improvements following creating a training programme.
It was enjoyable and made me passionate about improving all systems.