Capita Customer Management Employee Reviews

Don't you've been warned!!!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Capita Park Rotherham15 October 2019
Capita Rotherham NO WAY!
Long term employee's getting managed out the doors for years of terrible mis-management thats all blamed on you.
High targets to hit but still expect the highest service, not achievable. If you want to be ill with stress,presure,targets, worry then go for it. If you want to be respected for doing a good job,loyalty please stay clear !!!!!!
Treat Like A Criminal Before Given The Chance
none (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire12 October 2019
This company does a credit check on you before any offer of employment. If you have bad credit be prepared to be treated like a criminal and rejected which is discriminatory in itself. This is saying that if you have bad credit you are likely to steal from customers' accounts and can not be trusted. It is no wonder that they have such a high turn over of staff over the years when this is how people who want to earn an honest living get treat.
Cons
Very biased against people with bad credit
Awful Job, Awful Company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bootle, Merseyside26 September 2019
Worked for Capita with the National Trust for almost 2 years now and it’s been the most stressful thing I have ever done in my working history. The management don’t give a care about anything, there’s bullying going on within my team and it’s been laughed off. The managers stand around socialising talking about what they have been doing over the weekend or what there plans are for the upcoming weekend. The behaviour is disgraceful.
Don’t be silly!
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wath-on-Dearne, South Yorkshire26 September 2019
Worked there for just over 2 years which was just stress and stupid shifts which they would change. Went on maternity leave and didn’t hear anything from them until the day my maternity pay ended. Was made to use holiday days whilst they tried to find hours I could go back to around my childcare which they then couldn’t do. Had to be the days I couldn’t get childcare for for and 1 in 3 Saturdays which I was unable to do. After checking other departments I was given no other option but to hand my notice on and be made to feel it was all my fault!
Only if you need too,
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham19 September 2019
Great job until TUPE sent me to Capita. Everything went wrong. Free drinks went, toilet breaks taken away - one girl messed herself at her desk because of this. You have to deliver KPI and that is all the job is about. You will hit burn out fairly quickly. Capita is one of the devils machines.
Stay away!!
Crud (Former Employee) –  Crapondacrud13 September 2019
This company only Cares about them selves . They don't care what kind of mental torture they put you through. All lies.. lies lies lies lies lies lies
The worst place I have ever worked
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rotherham12 September 2019
I have recently left Capita after 6 years of working for them. I recommend that NOBODY apply for a job at Capita. The past 6 years of my career have been filled with nothing but stress and no appreciation for the work I have done. I was in a position which kept almost the entire British Gas unit running, and was never given anything for the effort. I even did work that really should have been dealt with by Operations Managers and was basically expected to just be happy for the fact that I was not on the phone, regardless that phone based agents actually made more money as they could earn commision.
I have known this company actually break multiple laws and get away with it, as the majority of the staff are young people in their first job who don't understand their rights. This company will do everything they can to screw you over and make you say thank you for it. My partner went on maternity and was not contacted for at least 6 months, and during that time, her manager left the business, her team was disbanded, and the contract was shipped to South Africa. She was not contacted about any of this, and has basically been told to come back full time or quit, with a 8 month old baby.
Please, please, please, save yourself a lot of worry and stress and do not apply to work for Capita. You will regret it. Over 6 years I have not known a single person leave this place and be sad about it. Every person who leaves has said the same thing, Capita is a poorly run company who will do anything they can, even break the law and your civil rights, just to make themselves more money.
I
  more... met some great people not part of upper management and I really hope they all get out soon.  less
Good bits and bad bits
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow11 September 2019
Some good times, some bad times. They dont value you as a human being. Your colleagues make the job but dont expect to have a mentor of any sorts. Most management is clueless
Worst place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham11 September 2019
Make an absolute mug of you and sly in everything they do. Get praised for doing things right then another day the things you’ve done right are “wrong”. All target based and as long as they have people answering calls their not bothered how you feel. If you need a toilet break it has to come off your breaks or you have to stay behind at the end of your shift to make the time back.

Get told your job is “secure” but don’t believe them! You can be sacked for the smallest and most pathetic thing!!

A lot of people taking time off for stress and then get punished for taking time off. Don’t ever get praised in anything you do no matter how hard you work. Just avoid working here unless you wanna be stressed and worried about “targets” 24/7!
Not a good place to work
Tariff change team (Current Employee) –  Manvers10 September 2019
My father passed away and I couldn't get time off, no give and take at all.Very nice colleagues Management not good . No back up given when needed. No chance to improve.
Overworked and underpaid
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester17 August 2019
Stressful isn't even the word for this place.
They use you when they need you to do things well above your pay grade (which you don't get correctly paid for) then tell you to "get back online"
KPIS so unachievable, gurenteed to only progress if your face fits
Only thing that gets you through the day is decent teammates
Bonuses are terrible
Overpriced canteen
People constantly going on work related stress then being put on warnings when returning no care for their staff at all everyone is replaceable
Pros
People and free parking
Cons
Everything else
Disgraceful Company
Customer Solutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Samsung14 August 2019
Impossible deadlines and expectations to meet, awful shift patterns that they continuously change for ‘business needs.’ Management rarely bother with you unless there’s something to pull you up on. Wage wasn’t worth the stress and would not recommend this company to anyone who isn’t prepared to climb mountains for little reward and absolutely no job security.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management, Shift Patterns, No Support
Stressful but good wage
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham5 August 2019
The majority of the time you feel like a number rather than a valued employee. It is a target driven environment with some of the KPI's appearing unachievable so you will need to get your head down and work hard. Though capita are a large company, job security is never guaranteed within a call centre due to loss of client contracts etc.
If you can cope with quite a stressful job then you are rewarded with a good wage for the area and there is usually plenty of overtime available. The people who I work with are some of the best people I have ever met in my life and definitely make the job bearable
No security.. use you then don't care
call handler (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire29 July 2019
Capita set unrealistic targets than could only be met and maintained by robots, if you have actual feelings and care for the customers you got no where ... great customer service ;providers is NOT what they want ... they want you on off on off on off a call regardless of the nature of the call .. Loved the fact I was working on behalf of the RSPCA but I'm sure they would do well to outsource to someone else
Pros
good work mates
Cons
decent training
Avoid soul destroying capita
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester27 July 2019
They literally don't care about the Advisors. People constantly off on sick due to the lack of duty of care. Unrealistic KPI's.
"Customer smiles" is a joke.
The slowest computer systems which effects your efficiency on doing the job.
Canteen food overpriced and disgusting, the catering staff are amazing and friendly.
Only positive than that are the people on your team, they get you through the day
No progression available unless you are in with a clique. So much favoritism
Pros
Leaving at the end of your shift and colleague's on your team
Cons
No colleague recognition. Management. Everything
Poor atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire19 July 2019
Initial training was good but the atmosphere in the centre was stressed and generally quite unhappy
Benefits
Rspca
Call Handker (Former Employee) –  RSPCA - Wath On Dearne17 July 2019
I lasted 12 weeks, hated it. Horrible atmosphere and environment. I was told it’s quality of the call not quantity, this was an absolute load of rubbish!! They didn’t like you to speak to your colleagues that you was sat next to, even if no calls was coming through!! You are also treated like a battery hen, bum on seat, call after call after call, if you needed the toilet the time had to be knocked off your dinner or break, but nothing given back if you ended up stuck on a call at the end of your shift. I absolutely adore all animals but this place broke me, it was so demoralising. The building is soul less, and like an airport hanger. This place has put me off Call Centres for life!!
Just to reiterate Capita run the Call Centre for the RSPCA, maybe they need to move away from Capita?? As people are leaving in droves, from my group over half have left already.
Pros
None.
Cons
If you know whats good for you, stay away from Capita
Mobile Phone HHP Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 July 2019
Stress, stress, monitoring, stress, backbiting, more stress, more monitoring and more pressure. You'll walk away, the churn here is massive.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester4 July 2019
What makes Tesco Mobile Fantastic?
Being part of a fantastic family working together as team using each other’s strengths to ensure that we achieve on a daily basis.
Everyone has positive attitude.
Being an excellent team player encourages building relationships within all areas of the business, having the drive and ability to achieve individual and team performance targets monthly.
Having the passion to work hard to be focused/flexible on developing and fulfilling your potential.
Hard work pays off at Tesco Mobile lots of opportunity to develop your career if you are dedicated and committed the hard work pays off.
Pros
Working with great people
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bury29 June 2019
I really enjoy working for Capita. Everyone have been very supportive since day one. The on-boarding journey is very well planned to allow advisors to understand the role and to experience the common scenarios so that we are prepared to take on any challenges. My hard work doesn't go to waste as it is noticed and appreciated by all colleagues. Since I have joined Capita I have been made aware of different areas of the business to progress and different career paths available within the work place. Everyone at the work place are supportive and look out for each other. I am part of a colleague workstream in which me and other advisors are able to share our views and share new ideas, many ideas have already been put together and implemented.
Pros
Different shift options
Cons
Some long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita Customer Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7