Capgemini Management reviews

Found 77 reviews matching the search See all 6,346 reviews
Good entry level employer who have helped me gain the necessary training and experience to move onto bigger roles
UX Interaction Designer (Current Employee) –  Telford6 September 2018
Pros:
Great entry level career development, training and a diverse culture to work in.

Cons:
Limited, entry level base pay which doesn’t improve inline with market rate. This makes them struggle to be competitive with rival IT and consultancy companies.

Advice to Management:
As important as core clients are, they should not affect a company’s core values.
Pros
Training, entry level
Cons
Salary, management
Nice work culture with effective managment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 November 2018
Prime focus is quality deliverables and client satisfaction.
Nice work culture with good work life balance.
Salary increment are not great if you stick around longer.
Effective higher management with clear vision and direction.
Good place for technical abilities
Finance (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2019
Not a bad place to work if you can prove your contributions and worth to the company. Management do like you to be forward and outgoing. Good working culture
Pros
car parking
Cons
very difficult to climb the ladder/advancement in the company
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Inverness, UK8 December 2018
For the most part I have to say the management were on point and where possible did their best to help with career progression and did what they could to make the working environment as good as it can be.
Pros
Working Environment
Cons
Salary generally below market value
High class consultancy
MANAGING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  UK6 September 2018
Six enjoyable years involved in bid responses, programme initiation, management, closure and recovery across a wide variety of clients and sectors.

Lots of opportunity.
Pros
organisational culture
Cons
Work life balance
Enjoyed my time
Infrastructure Tester (Former Employee) –  London, UK10 December 2018
Great team, laid back, great pay, challenging at times but not overwhelming. Social events, culture of company was inclusive of diversity. Management was good, kept pressure off the team.
Outsourcing - on a race to the bottom.
Enterprise Engagement Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2019
CG expect a few pounds of flesh for their investment. A great salary and benefits, but don't expect annual rises. They employ an antiquated bell curve system for annual performance reviews which forces high performers to be marked as average. They have an issue retaining quality resource and if you're not willing to travel and put in significant hours, you won't last long.
Not a good place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey5 April 2018
Very limited opportunities to advance. Culture of blame and fear. Lack of recognition. Top-heavy layer of Vice Presidents. No work-life balance: it's a bit of a sweat shop mentality and the management of people is poor
Pros
some good people
Cons
poor people management, very hierarchical, limited opportunities for advancement and growth
Good Work life balance
SAP security/GRC consultant (Former Employee) –  Benguluru4 June 2018
Not a Good place money wise. Good Work life Balance. Management is not that great. I would not recommend anyone to join Capgemenini as the pay hike is very less
Safe enviroment to work in.
Problem Management Analyst / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland13 December 2017
On a daily basis reports would be updated or created depending on the clients needs,each client being different.I managed to go from a novice working with computers to be able to create reports and host and chair meetings regarding the reports.
The management at the level that I dealt with were always pleasant and treated me with respect.
The management tried to create a FUN workplace culture.
The hardest part of the job was having to stick to strict time lines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving positve feedback from the client on all desks that I worked on.
Pros
Good amount of holidays
Cons
None really
Good working Internment
AWS Solution architect (Current Employee) –  UK1 July 2018
Good working environment. management keeps us upto date on progress of Capgemini. Good learning platform for new talents and lot of initiate taken to up skills for current employees
Good
Cons
less exposure to offshore
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 August 2017
Typical day starts at 08:30 and ends around 17:00. Management depends on the business unit but overall satisfactory. The workplace culture is very much owned by you and your drive.
Pros
Work life balance, career progression and training opportunities.
Cons
Lack of clarity on the graduate scheme
Innovative
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Various19 July 2017
Company provides many avenues for career progression with competitive remuneration packages.

Management actively encourages proactive, outside-the-box "thinkers and doers".

Actively involved in the very latest technologies (XP, DevOps, IoT, Robotics, Cyber Sec etc)
Pros
Diverse, Interesting, Challenging
Cons
Work/Life balance
new livery old mentality
Principal (Former Employee) –  London4 April 2017
An old style hard-core IT consultant organisation of the worst kind.
Those that will ask your watch to tell you the time.
Parasites that benefit from big organisation cost-cutting mentality to outsource vital services to consultants cutting jobs.
A body shop without a strategic vision, still shouting about a 'digital transformation vision' now more than 4 years old.
The worst are those that have grown inside without experiencing the real business world.
Pros
decent remuneration package
Cons
management, culture, work life balance
Service Centre Analyst (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Highland15 August 2017
Every day is different, as you don't know who you will speak to on the telephone. I have learned several different jobs in my time at Capgemini and the management team have helped me to progress. The workplace culture is good. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Long hours with travelling to and from work
Challenging yet fulfilling workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire23 March 2018
Capgemini was a good experience from a Project Management perspective. It is an outcomes based organisation. As a Project Manager, I felt free to devise and deliver the project according to best principles rather than mandated by their internal methodology.

Collaboration is strongly promoted.
Poor culture
engineer (Former Employee) –  london22 January 2015
Longer hours, money driven culture with no care for the clients you work for. Most IT is offshored with no regard to services impacted.

I was forced to work for CapGemini due to outsourcing - I personally would never work for them again.

I survived 4 years before I was eventually made redundant despite working in a team begging for more resources as we were breaching SLA's left right and centre due to a lack of staff.

If you have been Tuped into Cap, Management structure are constantly finding ways to get rid of you.

Never again.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no regard for staff.
Lack of support on a management level
IT Analyst/Live Services (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire23 March 2018
Managers would manufacture stressful environments because they thought this caused people to work harder. During my time with a certain team here my anxiety was made a lot worse. I'd ask for help and support and would just be treated like I was an idiot.
A mixed bag
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sale15 September 2016
Capgemini has some fantastic people and some very strong areas of excellence. It also has some distinctly below par people and areas, The overall culture is not geared to spot the difference so it remains a culture of personality rather than maintaining a strong corporate identity. A typical day for me was busy but too often overrun with bureaucratic activity, most of which didn't add to anything useful. Management is the mixed bag as described, I can honestly say I was privileged to work within an excellent team of people. The hardest part was the constant top-down processes and box ticking activities, The most enjoyable part was putting that to bed so you could produce some excellent work and delight the clients.
Pros
Big company with a lot going on
Cons
Bureaucracy and difficulty going across streams
Workplace review
Facilities Manager/Lead Analyst/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  West Midlands31 March 2017
Typical days are always demanding. Some pressures can be avoided.
Learned not to take too many things personally, part and parcel of the role.
Management can be understanding but they are driven by targets which can cloud their judgement
Workplace culture is dependant on where you are in the organisation. Some areas come with their own challenges.
Hardest part is when the time is not permitted to perform your role
Most enjoyable part is when you complete a role and you get a certain level of job satisfaction from completing a task in time.
Pros
Workplac enviroment
Cons
None I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K