Capco

Capco Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
good fun young place to work with smart people. Fairly flat structure. Can be a bit clicky and difficult to integrate. limited support for mental health issues
mixed experiences at CAPCO. Good skills learned but day to day not very interesting. Very little variation in terms of the projects I was exposed to during my time there.
Workplace culture is strong. Involvement in company initiatives is encouraged and company events are organised frequently. Part of this work culture is to take on additional work to develop/expand skills outside of assigned project which can be time consuming.
This was the worst working experience of my life.the recruitment department is awful and it's manager has no ethics.They are Bullies.
High team attrition rate in the recruitment department: in a team of 8 employees ,26 people left the company in a year.

Working environment is very toxic. They have no ethics.
Pros
Cons
Everything, specially the head of talent
Work is varied dependent on project. I learnt a lot of new skills, management varies dependent on project. Very social environment. If you are not a social person it may be a challenge to be promoted
Nice environment, friendly people and overall a good workplace. People come from different places around the world to work there and to hear there stories are very interesting and intriguing. Most people attended top universities and did not all have degree's in business or economics to work there which i found interesting.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
As with any consultancy it completely depends upon your project, but I was fortunate to be a part of a great team. Overall a good company, but still corporate in nature.
Capco has a great work culture. The management team is very helpful and always proactive. The pay and benefits are good and there's possibility of fast advancement.
Pros
pay and advancement opportunity
Cons
work life balance
A good place to build a skill set and work with leading names in the financial services industry.Some really nice people and interesting projects to work on.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor Management
Creative, innovative, genuine credible alternative to the bigger consulting businesses and a great place for the millennials.

It is an exciting culture and environment to work in
Pros
Vibe
Cons
Long hours but that's consulting
Doesn't operate as a consultancy, so don't expect to work on unique consulting problems. Operating model is based on inserting 'consultants' into roles a bank has problem filling through its normal recruitment operations and then charging consulting fees whilst the consultant learns next to nothing. Predictability huge turn over of staff, not to mention long period of bench time waiting for roles to turn up of which a large percentage of staff are released within the probation period. The firm tries to hush this practice even requesting that "you dont need to tell anyone" what just happened. Toxic organisation, toxic culture, toxic partners, toxic people, there is nothing of value at this organisation.
Cons
Very friendly people, good people, good environment to work. I had such a great time there, and all the people were willing to provide any help those whoever needed it.
Pros:

- Good career progression

- Diversity of colleagues

Cons:

- Hierarchical (politics)

- Innovative face that is supported by a bodyshop
Dynamic organisation with brilliant and dynamic employees that are always committed for successful delivery of changes
The workplace culture is fantastic; with its base at the heart Shoreditch ; employees are provided every required element to ensure their success on projects with Clients
General cleaner 3 hours a day cleaning kitchen, offices, toilets and conference rooms! I had an excellent relationship with all the office staff.... I loved my little job and enjoyed earning a little money for myself and my family.
Pros
Work relations
Cons
Excellent treatment of staff, a wonderful office environment and great care taken to ensure individual and team progression.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, occasional treats from managers
Cons
Yet to be seen
Good experience to refine financial sector skills. Training are provided to support daily work and there is available a vast network for anyone who wants to achieve a career in this field.
Pros
training
Cons
long hours of work
Work experience at a banking consultancy firm called Capco, allowed me to obtain more skills and knowledge within the business sector. During my week there I developed strategies used throughout the business sector that allowed me to focus on group work. Remit was to create a presentation summarising what we had learnt over the course of the week, we then hat to apply this knowledge to a case study. The employees taught us new things in depth such as customer satisfaction and how to solve working flow problems. This experience has developed my time management skills. We were given challenging tasks but this is what I relish, believing that hard work pays off This is something I follow as a principle of my life; I had a great week culminating in my group presentation being awarded first place.
A company that encourages you to deliver ownership over your career and your delivery. Never stops stretching you and ensures you continually ride an almost vertical learning curve. I have made many friends and is a pleasure to be a part of.
Nice environment, good office, well located.
The advanced technology used in Capco was very interresting.

I learnt how to integrate different parts (Artifacts from different teams), build a master build and deploy it on different environment, choose a strategy suitable to the project

The management was very technical. I appreciate to talk about Technic with them.

Co-worker was very nice except about the documentation.

We spent time to know how to integrate all parts of the project.

The hardest part of the job was to explain to very competent people how to change the way they are working.

The most enjoyable was to see all the different team was able to deliver on time.
Pros
Technical Challenge - advanced technology
Cons
No long term view
Challenging and diverse place to work, with many opportunities.