CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

student focussed environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canterbury19 April 2018
Good training support, student focussed, office based work, not enough student engagement. Good for sustainability. Not so good for health well being.
productive and supportive workplace
Administrative Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Canterbury8 April 2018
A very enjoyable experience in a warm and supportive environment with lots of benefits such as free lunches on events days.

A typical events day would consist of scanning in documents from students and entering them into the system and other days would consist of entering more information into the system whilst checking for errors.

Whilst the hardest part of this job would be the monotony of data input, it was lessened by the friendships formed with co-workers and a relaxed yet professional work environment.

The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to meet new people from a variety of backgrounds and being allowed to sample free food from the university cafeteria.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
variable hours
Extremely busy workplace
Team Leader - Practice Learning Unit (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent18 March 2018
This was a full on and very busy workplace. The opportunity to learn and improve was excellent.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult and challenging behaviour in both staff and students.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting things right and implementing better ways of working to ensure the smooth running of the office.
Fun and room to grow
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canterbury12 February 2018
I was not given an official salary as it was more a gig-based job where i would be paid cash for each event i helped out.
The culture was very interesting and i felt i learned something new at every event i went to in regards to audio engineering, musical concepts and performance abilities.
Pros
Learning new audio techniques
Cons
Occasionally giving up other opportunities
Friendly place to work
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent21 January 2018
Good notice in advance for changes. New offers and other positions given in advance. Friendly staff. Training given and paid to attend with most positions.
Pros
Free lunches
A supportive and friendly place to work
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent18 January 2018
This is a small, friendly university that seeks to be value-led. Students are central to decision-making and are well cared for. Whilst there is some exciting research in progress, this is not the main concern of most members of staff.
Hard Work but enjoyable
Registry Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mark4 January 2018
Lots of pressure and deadlines to meet.
Processes sometimes change, not always for the better.
Management do communicate and are flexible.
Staff are generally welcoming and helpful.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Part Time hours can sometimes lead to work not being done in my abscence
Poor management
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent10 October 2017
I've worked at Christchurch for 3 years, it's by far the most unorangised work place there is and the management is appalling. The hours you get are all over the place, if you're off sick they punish you with less hours for not being there. It's not all as great as people say.
You could be working your socks off and not get any recognition what-so-ever no 'good job' it's as if they expect it, but the second you're stood around taking a little break they're straight on your back... Only work here if there's no other options
Pros
High pay
Cons
Bad oraganision
Fun and Intresting
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent9 October 2017
the staff are very welcoming and help you with the upcoming tasks you may have to take part in. The overall experience is fun to do and is something I would recommend doing.
Cool
Department Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kent7 September 2017
I am currently on e verything and I are you doing the home visit tomorrow and it's still early days of onky be abke to get back to you soon as I know what you mean
Great feeling of community
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent21 August 2017
As a volunteer I felt valued and appreciated. Colleagues support each other and students are happy to study here. There is effective communication between staff and management.
The hardest part of the job was not being paid for the work and odd hours. The most enjoyable part was using the equipment which was new and well maintained and also working with such a great team of people.
My duties were to assist in the laboratory processes involved in pig IVF.
Pros
Great people
Cons
working times
good university
Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Canterbury12 July 2017
did 3 years there. it was a good university in which they pushed you. I learnt a lot and I have come out a better person. I feel very educated and mature.
great workplace
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent15 June 2017
• Gathering feedback on student issues on my course and communicating this feedback to the course staff to ensure the issues are resolved.
• Working together with other course representatives on similar issues to enhance a positive outcome for any changes needed.
• Participating in meetings to discuss issues with staff and students.
• Reporting back to fellow students on responses to feedback and any changes made
great uni
Student (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent13 June 2017
great lecturers that really care about their students. The development of the old prison site will only improve the facilities even further. it is a great place to study.
Fun workplace, New experience
Outreach Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent18 May 2017
As it was my first job it was made easy as it was with colleagues from my university. the work was straight forward and with the help of my team members it was made easier.
Pros
free lunches
Productive Work Place
Stem Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Canterbury23 April 2017
Enjoyed working here. Very friendly management and working environment. There were many benefits to the job like free office software and drinks during your breaks.
good
French lecturer (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent, UK31 March 2017
good interaction with the students , learn new skills , masters and applied methods in my teaching. variety of classes and students.
work hard with interesting students.
good
Nice environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent14 March 2017
I have been working as a student ambassador at Canterbury Christ Church for a year and few months. I could not have found a better opportunity! I am a people person, I love to meet new people, talk about the passion I have for what I do (I am a student teacher). Moreover, this job gives you the perfect occasion to HELP someone in need. I helped students thinking about their future career; gave them the tools to understand that they can make it and all of us come to a point in life when everything looks extremely hard to face.
The hardest part of the job is that offers only temporary roles. The management is good; people do put all their effort for every events to run as smooth as possible and if you are proactive, it offers space for improvement and personal development.
Best Job Ever
Catering Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury1 December 2016
Great company to work for, always fun and never a dull day. Pay was great and increased every year, customers were also very friendly.
great place to work..
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Broadstairs26 October 2016
start a 6am 9am. great place to work. people are nice. have great managerment,that can talk to.any problems. people work with are nice.we all get on..