Cancer Research UK Employee Reviews

Friendly enviroment
Volunteering at Cancer Research UK in Clarkston (Former Employee) –  Clarkston15 January 2018
All the people that volunteer here are very polite people and are always keen on helping everyone that comes into the shop which is lovely. the jobs you would be doing are serving customer's and setting up the shop.
work experience
work experience (Former Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire15 January 2018
I wasn't there long enough to form an opinion for a review of this company - this position was work experience only whilst I was studying for my GCSE's.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife14 January 2018
Working with the community and learning new things how to work a till keeping Rhe shop floor clean and tidy. Lovely staff. It was amazing to work a there
Fun Workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wrexham13 January 2018
When working at Cancer Research UK, you were Volunteering.
No expectations and no regret.
I had the most wonderful boss, she could relate to almost every problem.
at the age of 16 there were allot of self inflicted issues that made it difficult to do my job.
Pros
Emotionally Rewarding
Cons
Long Hours and No salary
Productive exciting workplace
Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands12 January 2018
Energetic and enthusiastic people and great to work with.
Working outdoors hands on experience which is great. The company look after their staff and volunteers.
Enjoyed working and helping everyone in the shop.
Sales Assistant (Voluntary) (Former Employee) –  Buxton11 January 2018
A great day at work serving customers, loved helping anyone who needed my assistance, was taught how to display windows. Management very nice to work with, was allowed to work in the shop alone and go to the bank. Very nice clean place to work. Nothing hard to do very nice job to do.
Pros
Cons
Would of done more hours if it was a paid job.
Fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydenham10 January 2018
I enjoyed working at cancer research because I felt good doing a positive thing getting out of my bed and willing to help others I do have to say that due to the fact that I'm only 17 it's hard for me to get and financial support so for me to get there was really hard because of it was a voluntary work
Pros
Helping others
Cons
No payment, hard for me to get in
it was a fun work place full of laughter and joy
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton10 January 2018
I liked volunteering at cancer research i learnt a lot of new skills in which i did not know before such as how to work a till , do the stock take and also how to do the cash lift at the end of the day. i can make good use of the skills in which i have gained from volunteering.The team at cancer research was really friendly and also very welcoming they were fun to get a long with and great to have a laugh with . I really enjoyed it there and felt like part of the team the.The workplace was really fun.
Pros
discounts
Cons
some extra days and some long hours
Productive and fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire5 January 2018
My experience with Cancer Research UK was very interesting, as I had both bad and good experiences. The typical day at work was rather fun because we got to communicate and interact with customers, while doing the positions that we felt needed experience. I learnt to work on the till and good management, since I had to place items according to the isle. The hardest part of the job was placing the price tags, that is because if we did one mistake we had to remove and add the tags from the clothes.
Pros
3 breaks which we could've changed the time.
Not Recommended
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Banchory3 January 2018
Awful salary for the responsibility of the position ( Assistant Manager on minimum wage). No overtime payment, no employee benefits, i worked for the company nearly three years and had four area managers. Hardly ever got to have a break including a lunch break your expected to work 9am to 5.30pm without a break. Expected to know how to run a retail shop without any training. Company doesn't follow health and safety or lone working laws. The only good part of the job was helping a good cause.
Pros
Good Cause
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford28 December 2017
A typical day at work is being in a productive and fun workplace. I have learnt how to use the till, how to print out gift aid stickers for the gift aid donations that come in the shop, how to put out donations on the shop floor. The management are very friendly to work with and communicate well with. The workplace culture is fun and cheerful. The most enjoyable part of the job is to volunteer in an amazing charity and to work with a lovely bunch of volunteers.
Fun workplace
UK - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 December 2017
Lovely and friendly staff, a great place to start if you need work experience and a strive to help the community. I learned many skills that can be applied to retail shops
Pros
Free tea and biscuits
Loved my time here
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Remote20 December 2017
It was only a part time position but the organisation seems to care for and trust it's staff. Staff work from home and have great flexibility. I would work for the organisation again if I could!
fun work place
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill18 December 2017
i learnt a lot on the job: team work, restocking shelves, being able to talk to customers and work in a busy environment with the right attitude. I also believe i am quite organised and like to keep things in order.
volunteering was very fun and enjoyable
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough18 December 2017
volunteering at cancer research uk was a lot of fun as it taught be a lot of skills and how to handle retail equipment and quality checks etc. it also helped me deal with customers , positive and negative customers. lots of friendly people never gets boring in such a lively work environment.
Pros
unlimited coffee and tea breaks
Cons
some customers
Very nice and fun place to work .
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 December 2017
The work was very wonderful and its goal was humane and very beautiful All officials with high morals and high in dealing with employees and customers a very clean and orderly place .
Pros
Very well treated
Cons
Stand up very often
I liked the great team and nice collective; I like to be busy.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire15 December 2017
Work lasted few hours and was always very busy, what I liked most of.
I learned of different brands and quality of trade.
This shop management not been fallowing all the rules and this was for me hardest to understand but most of time all was correct and I enjoyed to working for them.
Workplace culture was most of time alright but sometimes the shop manager insolted her own workers.
The hardest part was when manager was confusing and did not give correct orders what she was expecting from us, her volunteers and her assistant manager.
The most enjoyable was when I new what was from me expected to do.
Pros
nice team; busy
Cons
unorganised
Retail assistant
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troon, South Ayrshire14 December 2017
During my time working as part of the cancer research team I gained several new skills such as dealing with the public in a professional and ordinarily manner aswell as sorting and tagging stock and learning the new computerised till I have always been hardworking and have a great passion for the importance of good customer sevice
Pros
Meeying new peolle and gaining new skills
great place!
Donation Organiser (Former Employee) –  Godalming9 December 2017
for voluntary work, this was a great place! the manager and staff were great! very kind and wonderful people. very nice place to get good deals for a charity shop.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex7 December 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here, meeting new people and helping out around the shop. The staff were very lovely and the customers always brought a smile to my face.