Cancer Research UK Employee Reviews

funwork place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood15 April 2018
its a friendly place and where u work hard but can still a fun at the same time working on till sorting clothes the work place has a good environment and great people working there we all work as a group or as individuals .love to meet lots of people and help out as much as possible.
Pros
breaks/lunch
Cons
up and down stair all day
Ok
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crayford, Kent15 April 2018
I have a job here Nd isn’t too bd.i would like to be paid for my work and the people in here be less grumpy and bossy.very good hard work here.its got good hours and people come in often here.
Pros
Ok
Cons
No pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex13 April 2018
There is always something to do, helping the customers out, unpacking all of the goods given to us, pricing them and putting them onto the front of the shop and many other things.You also get to meet some amazing people!
Pros
Lovely
what a way to make a difference
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire11 April 2018
if you need to find your feet in retail the this is the place to do it, do not do it for the money but for the love of making a difference a relaxed and welcoming place to go if you want to do some good.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Lovely atmosphere
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Romsey5 April 2018
Really friendly and welcoming people , always offer you a biscuit and drink , really kind and flexible with hours , they communicate really well and you can always have a great conversation with them
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urmston5 April 2018
I only did work experience so I wouldn't know about salary but all the people are so friendly and take their time with your learning period. Always a good environment, management is great! Recommend working here, was a great experience for me.
best place to work
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marylebone, Greater London5 April 2018
I pray my next boss are like the people here. they are so nice any one who works here will tell no. if you some odd reason have a problem here then there something wrong with you
Pros
everything
Cons
shifty people come in every now and then
Fun Place
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 April 2018
This job is quite good as it has a lively culture and also makes the place a fun place to work. It is quite lively and you meet many nice and helpful people while working and i would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for volunteering and also part time work.
Pros
Pay for lunch
Cons
Too much work
productive, chilled, warming
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havant28 March 2018
I enjoy working here a lot, all the staff are very nice and very friendly. There is never a dull moment and I am always doing something different. I always have work to do so it never gets boring.
Pros
Flexible hours, long lunch break
Cons
There aren't any
Great Cause
Retail Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands28 March 2018
A typical day for an Area Manager, to be honest the day is very varied, in general you are visiting 2/3 shops a day, ensuring the shops are commercial, and have enough donated stock and that there are enough volunteers.
The big learn is that volunteers really dislike any change, so it’s a challenge when any change is needed.
I found my line manager incredibly easy to get on with, I felt valued and listened to.
The work life balance can be very challenging at times
The best part of working for this wonderful Charity is obviously the cause; raising money to fund research into Cancer cures.
Pros
Company car, excellent holiday
Cons
Expect to work long hours to complete all that is needed to succeed

Want to know more about Cancer Research UK?

Ask a question
worklife
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 March 2018
manager left me on my own on the shopfront for hours on my own with barely any training so i was left clueless for a lot of situations but the team was good
Amazing
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire27 March 2018
I loved working here as a volunteer. The manager showed me the ropes and was her patient when I was learning. We all work together and have the common goal of raising money to beat cancer.
Pros
Work experience
nice work enivronment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 March 2018
I did some voluntary work there and I quiet enjoyed it. The staff were very kind and made me feel welcome. I met a lot of interesting people there. Enjoy.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
not very organised
fun
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire25 March 2018
fun place to volunteer for Duke of Edinburgh award. Role included tidying the shop, dressing the mannequins on display and handling donations. Good early customer service experience
very friendly
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire23 March 2018
Very friendly place to work, made me feel at ease and always made sure things run smoothly. Very enjoyable and got on well with both customers and staff.
Pros
very friendly place
Cons
Very nice and bubbly staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe22 March 2018
The staff are very friendly and hard-working, ensuring that all the shelves are stocked and everything is in the right place and clean.

They make sure that everything has price tags on and that items that have been donated are clean and up to standard.
Pros
Very friendly and talkative staff
Cons
Repetitive work
Flexible hours and great environment
Charity worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire22 March 2018
During my hours raising awareness for cancer research i was surrounded by a great team that made the hours go that much quicker. Knocking door to door, means that we may sometimes encounter negative and difficult people.

Having said this i felt save doing my job due to the system there was in place. Staff were so easy to speak to and any problems i may have encountered were taken seriously.

Overall a great re-warding experience.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 March 2018
sorting clothes steaming clothes putting stock out on the shop floor serving customers I learned to communicate well with others it was a very good company to work for and such amazing staff the bit I enjoyed most was serving customers and sorting clothes out
Good Workplace
Volunteering at Cancer Research UK (Former Employee) –  Southend21 March 2018
When I did volunteering here I learnt key skills like interacting with customers and sorting out stock. I liked this job because I got to meet people who worked there who are the same age as me.
Productive day
Derby- Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby15 March 2018
My typical day with Cancer Research was being able to deal with customers, offering a good customer service with their wants and needs, merchandising and reporting back to managers