Cancer Research UK Employee Reviews

Alright
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Prestwich19 June 2018
Friendly Staff, Feels homely, Good head staff and leaders.
Working here has been good I haven't had any problems and i have enjoyed the experience. Good if you have Stamina to work
Worked in charity shop (Former Employee) –  Wymondham17 June 2018
I learnt a lot in my time working at the Cancer research shop. full training was given by the Manager. In stock handling, customer service, cleaning store etc. I enjoyed being part of a team and the customer service. Because it's the distribution depot , there was a lot of stock to sort and move, which is quite challenging.
Pros
Voluntery
Cons
Helping people with cancer
volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield13 June 2018
when i was doing my volunteer work at cancer research i learned a lot of things that would come really useful when working with children and other people like patience, talking to over people around you. helping others when they need help to do something if they are unsure about something and they would us team work when working together.
Pros
i would have to bring my own lunch
Cons
i would get about 30 minutes to a hour
productive and fun workplace
volenteer (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire13 June 2018
i would be stocking shelves and hanging up clothes in the shop i would work on the till most of the time and sign up customers to gift aid wich made the charety more money to help people my collegues were very lovley to work with and my manager looked after her team and was very lovley
Pros
i regained a lot of self confidence aswell as a better understanding of retail
Cons
dealing with customers that had little respect for myself and collegues
Fine
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire12 June 2018
Ok for getting some work experience, not really much else to say here since it was unpaid voluntary work - the work was pretty simple and you could volunteer when you wanted.
Fun Workplace
Volunteer at Ilford branch (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London8 June 2018
Volunteering at cancer research was very fun as it is a relaxing and has an open environment with friendly people everywhere. The management where very welcoming and explained the jobs I had to carry out very clearly and helped me along the way. The environment was never down always upbeat and fast paced which I preferred very much.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Productive and friendly
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London5 June 2018
Cancer Research had a friendly working environment as the staff were easy going and grateful for all volunteers. They would take time to explain things to you in order to make sure you did the job correctly, this made me feel comfortable working there and I felt confident to do the job and ask for help when I was confused.
Pros
customer service
Cons
at times the leadership felt unorganised
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheadle4 June 2018
A challenging experience as this was my first ever work experience. Doing errands around the shop was fun and rewarding. When it comes the staff, they are friendly and supportive which helped my through the working environment.
good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Broadway31 May 2018
volunteered there during summer holiday and even though you don't get paid, the experience there helps you build up your confidence for similar field in future
Fantastic
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove28 May 2018
A fantastic organisation ran by a team of enthusiastic volunteers always willing to go the extra mile to deliver a fantastic service to the customers.
it is fun
Customer Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith21 May 2018
I can do culling replace stock stock take deliveries banking opening up answering the phone customer service clean the shop and raised funds for the shop
Good experience for young adults starting out in work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine20 May 2018
I chose to volunteer at the cancer research shop to gain experience at working in shops. During a shift I would take in new donations and I would sort them into size etc. I would then put them out into the shop front, I would also work the register
A great work experience
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ferndown, Dorset20 May 2018
I spent my time at this job learning what it is like to serve customers first hand. As a charity shop, I found it easy to find work to do as things were always being sold and people were always asking questions. It was a very active work environment which required interraction with many new customers. My managers were very friendly with all of the staff and we got on well meaning that it was a very positive workplace. People were always talking to each other, and yet we were often on top of all of the work and looking for more to do. The hardest part of the job was the customers as some were difficult and trying to get money off, while others came in just to try their luck at stealing something, but this was not an issue as i got used to dealing with these situations in time.
exellent
customers serivice casheir and sale (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 May 2018
it was one of the best work charity I have experienced working on sale. I have learnt how to communicate with customers.
organise clothes,shoes and extra
Good
Customer care taking care of them (Former Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire15 May 2018
It was a pretty fun experience i have learned how to handle items before that i have never used for example an iron. Workplace clture was pretty good nothing bad everyone was nice all the time we all got the job done. The hardest part of the job was probably just using things i have never used before. The best part was meeting people ive not met before getting to know them and working with them.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn14 May 2018
A usual day consists of tagging items or checking for certain stickers and separating the items that range from clothes to accessories. I enjoyed the relationships I have formed
nice and friendly
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline14 May 2018
i was helping out sorting donated clothes and goods, marking the with the price. the workers were all very nice and lovely and if I wouldn't have moved away I would probably still be working there.
Manual work
Volunteer Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde13 May 2018
Opening and closing the shop. Got on well with management and workers. lots of manual work.Money handling and cashing up. Good Customer relations skills. Fund raising.
Pros
Working with nice people
Cons
lots of lifting and manual work
work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morpeth12 May 2018
this was a great company work for I enjoyed my time there working for them would work for them again. I worked for them for a year and learn loads from them I would recommend you work for this company.
Pros
free
Cons
8 hours day
Fun and Friendly
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Hounslow3 May 2018
One of best experiences , working with Cancer Research. Learnt to work in a team, other employees always giving a helping hand. Had opportunities on putting in my own ideas to make shop floor look better. A fun and enthusiastic workplace culture is always present with the Hounslow Branch. Everyday was enjoyable with music and the place the shop is located.
Pros
Wonderful people to work alongside
Cons
Small shop