Cancer Research UK Employee Reviews

Fun worked place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton21 October 2018
Cancer research is a great place to work everyone gets along great there is always laughing and joking going on our customers are mostly happily with out staff and products
Pros
The friends you make
Cons
Difficult customers but you get passed them
Fun workplace
Stock room organizer (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire19 October 2018
I enjoyed working as a team and I learnt a lot of new skills such as sorting and stapling. The team were also really good at training me to be independent, especially when it came to helping customers.
fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire18 October 2018
I enjoyed working with as a volunteer for cancer research, the workers were very helpful and lunch times and breaks were according to the time you've worked. if I had a chance I would surely go and work again
Good
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sleaford17 October 2018
Good charity organization for people who are looking to get into the work business and to learn what retail is really like from a first person perspective.
Pros
Nice people
Fun workplace
Customer Service Sales Assistant - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wishaw16 October 2018
Ive been volunteering for nearly 9 months part time. Every time you go in, its always something different to do. no two days are the same.The manager and all of the other volunteers are very nice and caring.
Pros
Different role, Flexible working, Relaxed
Cons
Some customers are difficult
A Short Paragraph
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes16 October 2018
Very helpful and suited shop for people that may not able to buy clothes and accessories .The clothes were cheap and very well kept
as well as the accessories .So I guest seemingly relaxed environment where people could work or shop in comfort .
Pros
Its Local
Cons
Rather not say
Calm Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ashford14 October 2018
This experience was amazing as I got to meet many people while working due to communicating a lot. However, the cleanliness of the store I was working at wasn't the greatest. Other than that, the staffs were all friendly and approachable.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No salary
productive and great atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City9 October 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Cancer research UK. It was a fun, productive and great atmosphere to work in. I learned how to price clothing and steam clothing for purchase. The staff were very inviting, friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed working there i had no issues and would definatley recommend anyone to work with them.
Pros
feel apart of a team
Cons
unpaid
Volunteer job role
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Ilford9 October 2018
GOOD AND FRIENDLY WORKING ENVIRONMENT. • Managing till, billing, packaging, customer service and cash.
• Implementing strategies to improve the smooth running of the Charity Shop
• Managing and training and motivating staff to carry out tasks set.
• Providing excellent customer service so that they visit again
• Building an efficient team to help the organization and enhance people’s skills and potential through screening, motivating the team to complete task in a given time frame in a cheerful and amicable way.
Friendly and productive work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire7 October 2018
Very friendly and inviting staff, cooperative team that were all extremely helpful and made me feel welcome. Coordinated and good at giving instructions and teaching new jobs.
Pros
Long lunch break, friendly staff
Cons
No salary
good
Sales Assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire5 October 2018
I worked here as a volunteer, I enjoyed my time there, I was always busy which I loved and was always doing something different, the staff I worked with were really nice
It was not that bad
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2018
love the people working there. So kind and helpful when stuck at the till. It was very chill and manageable. The hardest part of the job is to get the clothes all streamed.
Pros
lovely people working with you
Cons
Dirty clothes
Was okay.
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London29 September 2018
Good management were very nice and respectful. However work was very boring not much to do considering I was younger than everyone else. Did not really enjoy my time here.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Very boring
fun workplace
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands28 September 2018
Close-knit environment where everyone works hard to make a difference and engaging with them in friendly conversation. Staff are hardworking and determined.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Till is confusing
beautiful atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pitlochry28 September 2018
Its amazing feeling to work with this nice and helpfull people.. we are all fighting for all people in the wold to protect them of cancel.. very good atmosphere
Productive, life changer, compassionate
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crewe27 September 2018
Each day is receiving donations, processing and rotating goods around the shop and serving customers. You're made to feel (as a good manager should) appreciated and work with your strengths and you will find you can do more. Your time is valued and time can fly by as there is always something to do. I've been at two shops and the support has been great, not just from managers I must add.

I have not felt once that this charity is out just to get your money and constantly pushing you as they chase ever growing targets though targets are in place like any business and charity alike. This is the reality of large organisations today and was eye-opening when I first stepped into charity work.

The hardest part of the job for me is people sharing their stories of a loss of a loved one, it really puts your own problems into perspective so its character building and just high lights why we work for this cause.

Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing first hand and in some cases being apart of the personal growth of volunteers and knowing that you're making a difference as we fight cancer together.
Pros
Good cause, Paid travel, Career progression
Cons
Pay in respect of responsibility you have could put you off
productive and very fun work place to be
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton27 September 2018
I enjoyed volunteering at cancer research as I gained load of new experience and a variety of different skills . I enjoyed helping the community and also working as part of a team .
Pros
helping out at festivals
not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire26 September 2018
manager would do some inappropriate thing as times and so preferred not to continue, she was helpful and taught me to use a till and that was what i wanted to learn because i wanted to work at retail
Good place for work expierience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Peterborough25 September 2018
Since it is a volunteer (aka free) job for most, it isnt as stressful. While you have to be fairly fast in your job, you are allowed to do mistakes and there are more than enough people than can "cover" for you. Overall i had a positive expierience.
Pros
Nice people, Not a lot of stress.
volunteer
Retail Assistant - Voluntary (Current Employee) –  durham25 September 2018
I have been a volunteer for 6 months now and enjoy working on the till. I also have been trained to use the tag gun to put labels on clothes and different items. I have been shown how to use the steamer to steam clothes before they go on the shopfloor. I enjoy sorting out the bags for gift aid and non gift aid.
Pros
free lunch with recepit