Cancer Research UK Employee Reviews

Found 1,085 reviews matching the search See all 1,112 reviews
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Surrey17 January 2019
I really enjoyed working at Cancer Research UK I only volunteered for about 100 hours but I really found it to be amazing.

The people were really friendly to work with and it was really rewarding to help cancer sufferers
Pros
All was great
productive workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2019
worked very with many customers everyday very good company to work for. good work atmosphere managers really care about their employees. would definitely reccommend
productive and interesting
My role was a part time volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Neots16 January 2019
a very fun and friendly environment to work in. The manager was helpful when I first started and helped teach me my roles and made me feel very comfortable with my tasks.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
inconvinient hours
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stirling14 January 2019
Work within a shop. Hanging and tagging clothes to get steamed then they get priced to go onto shop floor for the customer to buy. I also serve customers.
Pros
Meet new people
Voluntary
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester14 January 2019
I volunteer at present,
Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service * Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards * Maintain a fully stocked store * Ascertain customers’ needs and wants * Recommend and display items that match customer needs * Welcome and greet customers * Processing donations and logging stock. * Ensure all displayed items are clean, steamed and stored correctly * Follow all companies policies and procedures
productive
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 January 2019
a typical day at work is relaxed. I have learnt to interact and conversate with people who are all different age groups. it was a delightful experience working at Cancer Research, especially as it was for a good cause.
Pros
relaxed
Organised and fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Crayford, Kent11 January 2019
During my time at cancer research I was able to take a lot from this experience such as fairly decent teamwork and basic retail skills. The workplace never had a bad atmosphere and everyone seem to get along.
Pros
good experience
Cons
A different place to work
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port9 January 2019
The environment was unfamiliar to me which was a good learning experience that allowed me to interact and organize the shop as well as being on the till.
Pros
Slow days
Cons
Stressful
voluntree
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire8 January 2019
voluntree at cancer resheach it to build up your confidence and experience of the impossible to work with the public and with others.

I work at Cancer Research in Ayr, i have wonderful of experience:
Tagging and prince cloths
Full up the books, cds, dvds,
Fix the kids cloths in the correct size
Doing some till work
Keep the shop floor clean
Pros
felxabile hours
Cons
9am to 5:30
fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Balham7 January 2019
Work colleges where amazing to work with and they were very welcoming. They taught me how to use the till and how to provide excellent customer service.
Its really fun and lots of learning skills
volunteering work (Current Employee) –  Lewes, East Sussex7 January 2019
I worked in Cancer Research for volunteer and great fun and meeting people and its hard work and love it. good and learning new skills to help people to get the job right.
what i learnt
Door to Door Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Norwich3 January 2019
I travelled a lot during working with cancer research, different places of the UK, i met loads of new people. i built up my confidence to knock on peoples doors and speak to them. I always stayed calm while people were shouting or swearing at me.
Pros
good pay
Comfortable fun place to work with flexible hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 January 2019
The staff is very friendly and the job engaging. The work is meaningful as it provides funds for cancer research. As it is a volunteering job there is no pay but it is worth it as it helps others. The management is incredibly helpful and kind.
Light environment, friendly team, good worth ethic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill1 January 2019
Cancer Research is a fantastic place to choose when volunteering. There was hesitance at first due to not being paid however the job is very rewarding. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful towards me, always patient when teaching me my duties. I have learned skills such as excellent communication and customer service. To any one wishing to volunteer one day, I would recommend Cancer Research.
Pros
Hours are up to you, no uniform required
Cons
No pay, when the shop is not busy it can get boring
Shop assistant
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire30 December 2018
I loathed working at cancer research uk, it felt like the volunteers were made the scapegoat by the managers if the charity shop itself didn't make enough money. I felt like a piece of property more than a volunteer.
Pros
Cons
Terrible managers
Fun
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheam30 December 2018
You are able to work in an environment which is very relaxed and get to meet new people everyday. Everyone working there is friendly and fun to be around
Voluntary work only
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London18 December 2018
I am currently doing voluntary work at cancer research they have a fun and enagetic team that always know how to motivate staff. I have currently not experienced a bad day there. I am unable to comment on the pay due to my work only being voluntary.
Very useful in confidence building in retail.
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Southwick, West Sussex12 December 2018
Thoroughly enjoying the environment, Very good for building and maintaining confident customer relations . The ideal really . Very lucky with the lady that manages our store .
Made to feel extremely welcome . A good bridge in between retail jobs .
Very welcoming environment to any volunteer and such a hard working team
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire (retail park)6 December 2018
Everything about the experience is enjoyable, from working behind the scenes preparing the stock and goods to working on the shop floor assisting customers to ensure that they have a positive experience while they look for their desired items. The staff and volunteers are so kind, everyone gets along and has a good laugh. highly recommend volunteering in this shop if you have some hours to spare as it is so rewarding knowing that everything you do goes towards a good cause to help others in need.
Pros
in store discounts
productive
Shop floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holloway, Greater London5 December 2018
prepared stock for merchandising, cash handling, shop floor assistant. work place culture was laid back and less intensive. workers were friendly. giving back to the community was the best bit
Pros
looks good on CV
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Research UK. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3