Camelot Group

Camelot Group Employee Reviews

Currently work for Camelot and my contract is due to end this year. It has been a very eye opening company to work for, not only have I learnt a lot since starting my role but I have also had a lot of fun. They definitely take care of you.
Was a bit sad I had to leave as was moving out of the area. Although they do employ slot of people so sometimes there is slot of time between calls. The people are nice there.
Good food and nice staff but inside the kitchen was just stress and being bossed around. At the start I enjoyed working there but then getting pressured and made to waitress when I wasn’t so confident but now I’ve gained confidence it’s fine
I started out as a contractor. My strengths in the team were recognised very quickly which allowed me to take additional responsibilities in the role. Within 6 months I interviewed for a permanent role in a higher position, was given a 3 month trial after that and offered a permanent role straight after. Flexibility is great as is the culture of the people working there. Development is encouraged as are new ideas.
To get where we’re headed tomorrow, we need to do the right things today. Our Vision helps us centre our efforts around an ambitious but achievable goal: to run the world’s favourite national lottery. And we’ll do it by celebrating what ... Read more Mission: Our mission is simple: to change lives Our ambition and strategy for long-term, responsible growth has seen total National Lottery sales grow by over 52% in the last decade. And this continued strong commercial focus is not at the expense of our Mission to change lives; it’s the engine of it. Enabling us to give over £30m a week to good causes.
Nice people to work with as a team we Have a laugh We all get on as a team And help each if we need help If you abit late for work they don't mind
I worked for Camelot for 3 years as a call handler and would love to go back - I keep applying! It was busy most of the time and that made the hours go quickly and it’s lovely helping people to play the National and Euro lotteries. I’m really not sure of the hourly rate as it was a long time ago but I remember that it was a good rate.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Overtime at short notice
While the work at Camelot was dependant on the the customer phoning in and therefore could be at times slow, the relaxed nature of the workplace meant that the wait between calls did not become unbearable. Furthermore, the workplace itself was a large positive.
Pros
Work environment
Have worked for Camelot over the past 3 and half years and while there's been a lot of change in this time it feels like we're in a really good place. I feel like I've got a clear view on the direction we're heading in. This is the first company I've worked for where you're encouraged to get involved in extra project work to support your development. I've gained a lot of exposure to areas I wouldn't typically touch on in my role. The people I work with have a big part to play in why I enjoy working for Camelot too.
Pros
Onsite costa and subsidised canteen. Good benefits too.
Cons
Generally quite a flat structure so it can be hard to progress.
There are a few reasons why I enjoy working at Camelot: - the size and scale of Camelot is huge in terms of turnover, customer base, brand etc but the company is relatively small (less than 1000 staff) which means that you can really make a difference and be recognised for good work - the working atmosphere is relaxed and I am allowed to manage my own workload in a way that suits me - decent company benefits plan - there is good support offered for training and development if sought - people tend to get on with eachother really well and have a shared purpose - the work done at Camelot raises huge amounts of money for good causes as well as some inspirational winners stories The only downside for me is that location can sometimes be frustrating as there aren't a huge number of shops nearby, but there is a decent canteen and Costa on site and Morrisons is only a 15 min walk away
Pros
Benefits package, responsibility, development, environment, atmosphere
People there work hard and have a strong bond with each other although interaction between departments could be better.Benefits are good holiday allowance on site parking and canteen.Flexible working hours although work/life balance could be improved as several working weekends.Bonus depends on sales and profits.
Pros
Holidays and parking
Cons
Work/Life balance could be better
I've worked at Camelot for the last 3.5 years and its definitely one of the best places I have worked. I'm trusted to get on with my job and work with a great team to get things done. I have been fortunate enough to move into a few roles during this time and I really value that my contributions have been recognised and the opportunity to stretch is always here. It's not going to be right for everyone and that's ok; but if you love working with great people, passionate about being your best and want to work somewhere with a genuine purpose, theres no better place in my opinion I've not thought about a career at Camelot, I'm very much about doing a great job and seeing what the future holds - I look back on my time fondly and feel proud about my impact on the organisation and the change I have been able to make.
Pros
People, Good Benefits, It's close to home so there is balance for me.
Cons
It can be quite reactive here, you have to be resilient.
I am really proud to work for Camelot. During my time here I've been given some great opportunities that has allowed me to develop myself and grow my career. I love working for one of the nations favourite brands. I'm very happy to be working in an environment that is very commercial and large scale but at the same time gives so much back to the community.
Pros
The people, hands down. I have never come across a company with such camaraderie.
Cons
We're a regulated company so processes can be very stringent at times, there is always open minds about how things can be done better though so that helps.
management were very good, however as a temp role there was no job security. The job was very straight forward and they have great facilities and good space.
Awful culture! Your best efforts were never good enough. Bullying management style. Feared losing my job daily, colleagues sacked regularly. Only cared about the bottom line and had no compassion for their employees
Pros
Zero
Cons
As above
Didn't know from one day to the next if would have work . Good management. Learnt alot from the company . Not having overtime was the hardest part of the job and hours sometimes being short . Good work members .
Pros
Good work force
Cons
Not alot of hours
I worked there for over 3 years, job security was offered at the time but I was amongst about 50 people let go/made redundant, management isn't that great mostly 2 faced know how to cause issues especially when you want to re-apply there again for a job that you previously had done and I would strongly recommend and advise not to bother with them at all.
Pros
Pay was above average at the time
Cons
Pressurised jobs and poor management.
I worked here when I was young and it was my first experience in an corporate environment. I learnt a lot during my time here and the company gave me a nice platform to thrive.
A fantastic place to work with lots going on. I have learned and grown my capability since joining Camelot, working on projects I would never have dreamed of!
I worked as a Retail Sales Executive and really loved the role despite a few issues here and there but overall it’s great. However, I was made redundant enexpectedly and out of the blue along with over 50% of other RSEs. A year only they begin recruiting for the same role again. I guess all you are is a statistic to them.
Pros
Company car, fuel card, exposure to fun activities outside of work
Cons
Not a great CEO, lack of progression /favouritism to progress
  1. Employee reviews