Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
Children
Unfortunately run by narrow minded people who probably have no idea of the day to day concerns of the children and their family's Total disregard for staff, the harder you work to try and make a difference the more is added and less is available to the children.
Pros
Pay for your parking, if you can find a space
Poor management who clinically are out of their depth
I worked as a manager ( band 7 ) and was initially left alone to do my jobb , worked closely with my supervisor / consultant ( we had worked together in another organisation ) and this was rewarding.

However we were a threat to management as they did not understand our strategy.

This resulted jn the unit being " scapegoated " within the organisation, not a good outfit ti work for.

Suffice to say other managers outside of the unit recognised the process confirming the "scapegoating"

I would not work for CPFT again
Avoid at all costs
Appalling bullying, backstabbing culture that seems systemic within the NHS at the moment. Silo mentality working across several sites and managers whose only interest seems to be serving their own little empire.
Danielle
This is a really good website really easy to use I’m
Currently working in mental health and looking to do something along those lines or possibly something else.
Fab place to work!!
I found this position in particular challenging yet rewarding, I have been able to develop and learn throughout my employment with CPFT. I would recommend this Trust as a great place to work and feel that management have actively listened to any concerns I have raised. I am actively encouraged to attend various training courses that will contribute to my professional development. I feel this job has given me the tools to progress in my administrative career. The staff are always friendly/welcoming.
Pros
Free Parking on Fulbourn Site/Training Opportunities
Cons
Admin Management are bullies, have no idea what they are doing
Victimisation
Bullying and harrasment takes place, staff are stressed management do not care, HR are of no use and are very biased. Nepotism throughout and family and friends employed with no experience, very unfair interview processes.

No communication and adults and treated like children.

The Trust has gone downhill, they need to look at staff surveys and actually do something about it and get rid of a lot of management.
Benefits
Cons
Worst job I have ever had. Would not wish working there on my worst enemy
Awful organisation, honestly cannot say a single positive thing about working for the CCG. Difficult to imagine a more demotivating and miserable working environment, I hated every minute of every day there.
Pros
Cons
Terrible work environment and atmosphere, nothing works as it should be it facilities, equipment or processes, everything is being cut, nobody cuts through with any organisational clout or decision making
enjoyable role
providing care, assessments and education to patients in their own homes. I have improved my communication skills. Teamwork is essential in community setting. I enjoy talking and giving care to the elderly, in some cases having a visit form a nurse is the highlight of their day, so I try and and make it worthwhile. I enjoy working in the community as it enables the housebound patients to receive high quality care in their own environment.. The hardest part of the job is when you find a patient poorly needing extra care, however it quite rewarding that you will be able to lease with other members of the MDT team for individualised care. The travelling times between patients gives me time to reflect which is a fundamental aspect in nursing.
Pros
giving personalised care in the comfort of a patients home
Cons
traffic can be a challenge during busy times.
Management Support Appalling
I have worked as an RMN for 20+ years in a number of geographical locations.
This is the worst Trust I have worked for.

Culture appears to be to work the staff into the ground, pile more work on them, staff leaving all the time, don't recruit quickly enough and so the few staff that are left go off sick because of stress.

The managers couldn't be any more disinterested in staff stress if they tried.

CPFT is Totally focused on targets and business model - pleasing the commissioners is all that matters, sod the patients or the poor staff.

Service Managers and Team Managers pretend to listen to staff but are never proactive with information and dont speak up and support staff when patients complain or staff ask for help because of overworking.

It is a shame CPFT are so vast and geographically speaking NHS employment options are limited if you are an RMN and live in Cambridgeshire.

If you have a choice don't work for CPFT mental health directorate.
Pros
Annual leave 33 days - long service
Cons
Poor support, overworked
There are better places to work...
I have been with the trust over 4 years now and my view is that there are much better places to work. Managerial support is very inconsistent and often setting unrealistic targets. Consultations are frequent and end up affecting patient care.
Having said that, some of the jobs i have done within the trust have been very satisfying and the colleagues have been very supportive.

No wonder why the trust struggles to recruit.
Pros
Supportive colleagues, satisfying job.
Cons
Unrealistic goals set by management. HR is horrendous
Very rewarding and lots of opportunities.
Would recommend working here, you get to meet new people. Make new friends and get lots of benefits and can go far.
Not great
Senior management mean well but their policies are not enforced in the actual workplace for many people.
So many puerile leaving the service at all levels from band 2 administrators to consultants
Overworked
All NHS staff are stretched to the max. It is the same for non-clinical staff. As funding is not available, progression isn't easy. The understanding that staff are over-worked is assumed as the norm.
Hard place to work
Difficult to work in children's departments, everyone is under strain and overworked. Bullying culture. Wouldn't recommend as a place to work and zero support. Raise concerns and no one listens
Pros
N/a
Cons
Demoralising
very stressful pressured environment
Most enjoyable part of the job - patient care
Hardest part of the job - lack of support from management

Stressful pressured environment

not well managed - lots of inefficiencies in the way we work
Pros
33 days holiday
Cons
sedentary
Exhausting, lack of support
Great people, but unrealistic targets leading to exhausted staff. Alot needs to change for it to all come together in the future. The nursing staff at wtruly wonderful people.
Pros
Good teams
Cons
Alot expected of you.
Challenging role with supportive collegues
Challenging fast paced roles working largely in high pressure environments. The different roles present differing pro and negative aspects with a common theme of working within a valued role within the NHS.
Underpaid and overworked
Company went through lots of changes which meant more workload and no more pay to the staff members.
Took away the relationship between the nursing staff and admin team
Pros
NHS discount card
Cons
Underpaid
Great place to work!
Love working here!. Flexible working pattern allowing better work life balance. Supportive team members and opportunities to develop. Since starting I have been promoted and given the opportunity to change things.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
No air conditioning
Better places to work.....
Winchester place:
Good things: interesting work, nice staff/clinicians

Not so good things: no car park, no staff room, crampt office, old carpets, wallpaper hanging off walls. High staff turnover. Poor management.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
lack of management support
Recovery focus
Good engagement with patients and their families. The trust is recovery focus and patient's orientated. The trust engages well with other agencies
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Parking for staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6