Cambridgeshire County Council Employee Reviews

Rolling shift pattern, suits my lifestyle.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ely, ENG3 February 2016
Lots of travelling, dealing with patients, contacting GP-DNs when required, speaking with management, reporting information. Good relationship with colleagues and management.
Pros
Rolling shift pattern.
Cons
Work overload
A growing variety of services, challenging, supportive & good staff relations
District Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wisbech, ENG17 March 2015
Helping with general enquiries as well as book information. Promoting a growing number of services.
Over the years I have gained more confidence in myself & my abilities.
Overall staff work as a good team, welcoming new members of staff. In the past fews years there have been library closures, job changes & redundancies leading to low moral & insecurity.
The hardest part of the job is the increasing moans about services, verbal abuse & having to deal with a growing number of migrant workers knowing very little English.
Working with competent staff who get on well & help each other.
Meeting & being able to help a variety of people of all ages & backgrounds.
Getting compliments & gratitude for the help we provided
Pros
A good team of workers, support from management, good experiences
Cons
Job insecurity, Verbal abuse & threats
Rewarding
Relief Tutor Part-time (Current Employee) –  Chatteris3 October 2014
I work part time and a typical evening for me is presenting a topic on Forensic Science or Criminology to adult learners. I have met some lovely people from various backgrounds who all engage in some lively debate on topics presented
Pros
do a lot of preparation at home
Cons
part time
challenging work place
Volunteer Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  ENG22 September 2014
easy to get along with team, challenging every day, nothing much i can say as i was only a volunteer
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
nothing
A investors in people company
Perri Caterer (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, ENG3 August 2014
A good Professional company giving opportunities to everyone
Pros
Free lunch for KS1
Cons
Not free lunch for KS2
Good training
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Countywide27 July 2014
I have worked for Cambs CC for four years. I have had loads of training and enjoy my work
Pros
Training, mileage paid
Cons
Expected to say yes to everything...
Prejudiced
SchooI Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lantern11 May 2014
Would give all with one star zero if I could. Employed by CCS you will be subject of bullying and abuse from management, and they really don't pay enough to put up with that.
Pros
Cons
therapy bills after
Productive and welcoming
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Histon, ENG18 February 2014
A typical day would involve being challenged in a good way and talking/building up strong professional relationships with the young people.

I have learned many different things, like when to try and help the young person or when to perhaps sometimes take a step back and let the young person think/try and do something themselves before offering help to them.

The management is always very good, they are very supportive and understanding of anyone who works for them and they want you to know that you can talk to them or ask them anything that you may want cleared up.

The co-workers are great, we have all got something in common and that is working with young people. You know that you can have a laugh and a joke with them, but at the same time you know that they will work hard for you and vice versa the teamwork is of a very high standard.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes trying to get the young people to be confident within themselves, but it's something that will take time-its a work in progress.

Building up productive professional relationships with the young people, having that banter with them is great. I enjoy knowing for the fact that I can help the young people to achieve their goals.
Pros
Training
Productive and reliable company
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntingdonshire31 January 2014
I have been working for Cambridgeshire County Council for 3 months due to a tupe from Cambridgeshire Community Services. The County Council made the transition flawless and very easy to adjust to the changes.
I have maintained my role as a care manager working within Hinchingbrooke Hospital. My role is to visit service users who need to be assessed for on going care and support following their discharge from hospital. I have learnt a great deal in this role and have developed new and existing skills as well as taking on added responsibilities because my employer has recognised my previous skills and experience. this has given me more job satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of my role is interacting with my team, service users and hospital professionals.
Productive and fun place
Research Group Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENG3 October 2013
I enjoyed to work at the County Council. There are nice people who work there. My colleagues were flexible as I had to look after my baby when she was ill.
Productive and professional enviroment
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENG5 September 2013
ITBM - Ongoing processing of calls received in the Property Services queue in a timely fashion (streamlined processes to allow quicker responses)

Contractor applications (Batch invoicing), BT, Virgin Media - Ongoing processing of jobs in term contractor applications, receipting and querying invoices.

Zurich Insurance reports - Logging and filing of the Zurich Insurance reports, processing works where required.

Southern Monitoring - Monitoring of emails, logging and resolving problems.

Post - sort and distribute to relevant persons.

Deal with incoming calls in a professional manner.

Order office supplies and ad hoc items through E-Procurement system (Oracle, ESPO) and email as required.

Purchase Ledger.
Pros
Flexitime
celebrating diversity
black community support officer (Current Employee) –  cpdc2 March 2013
i like the diversity of my work load working with young people and adults.
Good place to work. No parking even when job involves journeys.
Information Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambs29 November 2012
Lots of pressures due to the economic situation. Staff are excellent, dedicated and hard working. CCC has a lot of objectives, meeting targets, works hard to the people of Cambridgeshire and its stake holders. Has alot to offer.
Pros
good office environment.
Cons
parking is virtually none existent.