Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire County Council Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews
Plenty of work, mostly relaxed environment. Good benefits. Nature of the role means you work alone often, other days office is full. Good learning/training. Work load creeps up, but help is there if u ask. Staff nice, but do take advantage when you first start. You have to be assertive and strong.
Awful company. I would not recommend working for the Reablement team. The pay is not good for the work that is expected. Managers are not easy to communicate with. Communication is not good.
Pay grades are sometimes too low for the extra workload required at times. Career and Personal advance to is not invested unless at management level and above.
Lots of instability, uncertainty and anxious feelings, only exasperated by repetitive restructures, serving only cost cutting purpose and overzealous managers, eager to exercise their powers of control.
Pros
pension and holidays entitlement
Cons
stress, uncertainty and shrinking benefits
I enjoy my direct work with families and feel that when given the time I am able to support positive outcomes with them. However, case loads are high and the ability to significantly improve outcomes for clients is time limited. Timescales for data recording are very short. I am supported to enhance my learning by attending training for Managers but positions at this level and progression within the service is very limited. There has been recent restructure to the services provided by the Local Authority which has caused the workplace culture to go through a period of change.
Pros
Flexi work patterns, good employee benefits
Cons
Challenging case loads
The salary, benefits and holidays are acceptable but as with many organisation the job satisfaction depends on the quality of the council decision makers and individual manager This was very poor in many cases. Highly paid senior managers had cut salaries and staff numbers resulting in huge backlogs and constant complaints from service users. They then tried to reverse that decision but it was too late. They didn't seem to be accountable for their mistakes. Very high turnover of staff due to these poor decisions by highly paid senior management putting huge pressure on more juniopr team leaders and staff
Pros
Flexible holiday
Cons
Some very poor senior management with little concern for staff
Nice environment. Care about employees and training opportunities. Hard work but good sense of achievement. Modern offices. good transport links. employment benefits and pension
Pros
well paid
Cons
The Reablement team are the most dedicated and passionate individuals that I have ever worked alongside, if you are looking for a career in empowering adults in your local community within their homes, then apply to a support worker today. Flexible hours and days, excellent benefits, enhanced pay rates at weekends, supervision and free training.
A typical day involves an early start, arriving at the office at 7am to begin planning my day. Management is relaxed which can be both good and bad. Co workers are friendly and relaxed atmosphere in office. Hardest part of job is pressure of work and being a one person team and not receiving any support from colleagues. I enjoy the relaxed environment and believe people respond well to this type of environment.
Pros
pension scheme
Cons
long hours, lack of support, poor salary progression
A good Professional company giving opportunities to everyone
Pros
Free lunch for KS1
Cons
Not free lunch for KS2
I have worked for Cambs CC for four years. I have had loads of training and enjoy my work
Pros
Training, mileage paid
Cons
Expected to say yes to everything...