Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire County Council Employee Reviews in Huntingdon

Huntingdon9 reviews
I am able to work from many locations in the County area and also from home which offers great flexibility as a working parent. During my working day I typically undertake design work, correspondence, financially reporting and mentoring of other team members. I supervise civil engineering works on site which can sometimes involve journeys of over an hour to reach site location in the County. I work in a friendly team who are always ready to help. I get satisfaction from seeing my schemes built on site and also from solving Highway safety problems.
Cons
Flexible working means there is not excuse not to answer emails on non working days or out of hours
Too many processes and procedures, if you question this, you are a trouble causer, horrendous experience of working for the local government.
Would never choose to work in the public sector again.
I would recommend this company. My team and manager have been incredible. I have received the skills and assistance to continue with my career in children and youth Services
Poor communication with staff, hot desk policies make it difficult to find somewhere to work, workloads high and not reflective of the pay offered, very slow to offer permanent roles through official channels
Friendly team and interesting workload due to the nature of the office remit to provide corporate parenting to vulnerable children and young people. The job is a good balance of routine work which gives the satisfaction of completion but also challenging tasks which need to be tackled as soon as they come up.
Flexible hours, opportunity for advancement in certain areas. Job is office based, work is beneficial to young people. People keep to themselves mainly, line manager interested in employee well-being.
Pros
Flexible
Worked within a specialist team, communication skills with general public and ability to assess and manage clients was key for my role to be achievable.
Pros
Could manage own diary
Cons
Budget cuts!
A good Professional company giving opportunities to everyone
Pros
Free lunch for KS1
Cons
Not free lunch for KS2
Lots of pressures due to the economic situation. Staff are excellent, dedicated and hard working. CCC has a lot of objectives, meeting targets, works hard to the people of Cambridgeshire and its stake holders. Has alot to offer.
Pros
good office environment.
Cons
parking is virtually none existent.