CAMBRIDGESHIRE CONSTABULARY

CAMBRIDGESHIRE CONSTABULARY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews
I enjoyed working for this organisation but over the years with so many cuts, the job became very stressful!
There was initially 6 posts throughout the County, then reduced to 2 posts, the last year reduced to one post.
Pros
Flexibility and nice people
Cons
Long hours, travelling along A14, not consistent employment. Lots of changes in senior management.
The roles in the police vary depending on your posting. The diverse number of roles can suit most people. There is job satisfaction due to the results which can be achieved.
Cons
Short notice working hours
I worked here for 11 years plus and enjoyed most of my time. Some of the Management team didn't manage people very well but my immediate line manager was excellent. I viewed my friends here as second family and miss working there now I have left.
It is a very high demanding g position with above average stress levels but the rewards out weigh any negatives dealing with people are a strong asset for me I have the ability to defuse most things
Receive, process, organise and prepare documentation.
Training is available if you wish to progress.

It is a multi culture environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference and public safety, no matter how small.
A police officer role is wide and varied. From a front line uniformed constable and on through all the varying police roles, departments, promotion, local, regional and national units mean there is something for everyone in the police service. A great long term career option for anyone who is prepared to work hard.
Everyone knowns about the police but what makes the profession exciting is the freedom to develop, the challenge, excitement and the knowledge that you are doing something worthwhile. It is hard - some of the job is very dull and repetitive but you never know what is going to happen next. The job has so many different roles that if you do not like what you are currently doing there is always protentional to move to another team to see if that suits you better.

You have to be resilient in the face of violence and be willing to put yourself between the public and those people who wish to harm it. This might be achieved from just being there to actually facing down armed criminals intent on doing you harm. What's life without a little excitement? That's why I joined and if I was 30 years younger I would no hesitate to start again.
An excellent place to work and develop as an individual. Many opportunities are made available with regards skill acquisition and promotion prospects.
Amazing Police Force, I enjoyed a lot working in there.
I have gained viable experience working in this job role to allow me to further myself in my career.

Unfortunately due to lack of progression and change management I am seeking other employment
Most interesting job I have ever done and very rewarding. Loved the fact that I could start early and leave early. However, it was not a pleasant working environment. If your face fits you will be fine, if not then unfortunately, you don't stand a chance.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
More staff required
Cambrigeshire constabulary is an amazing place to work as there are different ethnic backgrounds being able to work together in order to prevent crime.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Not appropriate to write anything in here due to the. Astute of the organisation
A great role, working with fab people. Something new every day. However you do need to be a certain type of person. You need to be robust and not easily offended and work in a fast pace environment with considerable pressure.
Terrible place to work and people are leaving in there droves.

Staff roles are Micro managed beyond belief.

It used to be good but nowdays it's terrible.

We wear a uniform we don't need to , we work u til 12 midnight when we dont need to, we start at 7.00am when we don't need to.

If you enjoy being policed by police in a micro management style the. This job is for you.
Pros
The People
Cons
Long hours, long weekends, .micro management
I do not wish to comment as my employment with this organisation was over five years ago, and the organisation was going through many changes at the time.
A good force to work for, the managers DO listen to you, the workloads allocated are not too enormous and they do help when they can. If you are thinking about a career as a copper, then you could do a lot worse than try these guys.
A rewarding job for the right person. It doesn't however provide a good work/life balance. It provides you with an ability to aquire excellent life skills and able to help people.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
work/life balance
Due to the recent austerity measures budgets are still under close control and there is constant reorganisation/collaboration projects which does not make for job security.
Add to this the fact that police staff who are experts in their field are often overruled by police officers seemingly pursuing their own agenda/managing projects when they should be managing policing operations, the work environment is not the most supportive for civilians.
Pros
Free membership of their gyms, flexi working, family friendly
Cons
Poor planning and management
working here was great until the cuts got so bad that it started to strain people, very stressful job and a thankless one too making it that much harder. unfortunately politics play a massive part in the way its run and no one cares about the little person.
pay is great but not for the job you have to do and what you have to put up with.
Pros
pay and collegues
Cons
terrible home/work life. treated badly my senior management
Its a good place to work if you can put the time in.

The work/life balance is more favoured to work as this is more of a vocation but you don't know if you will enjoy it until you do it!
Pros
good environment, excellent people
Cons
dealing with bad situations, pay, work/life balance