Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews
Motivated to pursue an MBA in health care administration.
Brought me closer to the reality of working in the health care sector.

Introduced me to the formal way of recruitment in the NHS.

The induction was a drawn out process, very well managed.

Follow up, test they keep records, but can only offer a service certificate and kind that they are not directly liasioning me with NIHR research project proposals and PI's.

Sad, there is a glass shield between volunteering and getting absorbed into the workforce in NHS.
An amazing environment where to build a professional career.
Unfortunately the pay rates within NHS are not satisfactory.

It was my first job and I felt very well supported.
I adored working for CUH, all of my colleagues were friendly and helpful and there is a lot of support. The opportunities for progression here are vast and there are lots of opportunities to attend courses and cpd. The range of staff benefits are extensive and of course the standard nhs perks such as holiday and maternity pay are offered too.
The group of secretaries I shared an office with were brilliant; they helped me fit in really quickly and were so helpful and welcoming. It's a shame the job itself was rather boring so I only stayed until something more interesting came along. Still miss those ladies though!!
It is a great place to work, you will have a good job there. It is not for the faint hearted though. You will be pushed to work all you have in you which some people love to do and others are not able to.
Pros
Repuation
Cons
Long hours, Poor pay
was welcomed as a newly qualified nurse and first time in the theatres. learnt alot of new skills and introduced to theatre environment and various specialities.
Working at Cambridge University Hospitals has provided me the platform not only to learn new things in my job but has also allowed me the opportunity to enhance my academic career.
Working at CUH has helped me grow as a person and a professional. Starting as an apprentice 5 years ago, they are now fully funding a university degree to continue my professional development. This investment in staff helps create an environment of loyalty with health professionals who care for the trust, the patients which rely on the services provided and colleagues.

Of course the work can be hard but the rewards and benefits that you all help to achieve are worth it.
I would recommend working in CUH because it values diversity and inclusivity.
Great hospital friendly and professional staff.
Unfortunately due to husbands illness and relocating I reluctantly had to resign

Staff were always friendly and team working was excellent

Training opportunities were given therefore advancement could be achieved if requied
Pros
Leave entitlement
Cons
Unsocial hours
I love the job so much it was excellent. Excellent pay as a bank hca, excellent teams in most wards, excellent training. Some staff were nasty but that's the case everywhere.
Pros
Amazing pay and team
Cons
I have worked at CUH/Addenbrooke’s for 20 years first on the Staff Bank as Admin, then as Medical Secretary, Secretary, PA and finally Executive Assistant.
There have been ups and downs but in general I’ve enjoyed working here. There are definitely opportunities to advance and you are encouraged to take advantage of any courses and education on offer.

Work/life is usually pretty good but as with all places it does rather depend on your manager and which department you work in.

Annual leave is fairly generous as are other benefits of working in the NHS.

I would definitely recommend and have done so to family and friends.
Pros
Generous annual leave and other benefits, career opportunities, work/life balance
Cons
Differs depending on your job, or maybe none at all
I felt that CUH is very friendly to everyone and has got a welcoming nature to the people who are new here. CUH provides safe and excellent care to all patients.
Cambridge was definitely and amazing experience for me. You will not be disappointed. The manager really go out their way for their staff and I really enjoyed it at the hospital. I will definitely go back to work there in the future.
Pros
Amazing progression in the company, always room for training and to grow.
Cons
Long hours and commuting, tired. Not bad if you live closer.
I really wouldn't recommend working for CUH. I wouldn't go back. I personally like the hospital and get my treatment there. however, I won't work there again.
Working for NHS you have to be open minded about the hours and benefits you will receive. Working for Paediatrics, the working hours are reasonable and Management is able to work around the hours I chose to come in.
Pros
Sick Pay
Cons
Salary
Great place to learn new skills and advance
Days are busy and management expects a lot, you will work long hours and have to leave it all there, however patients make it all worth it
Addenbrookes Hospital is an excellent place to work. Training is intensive and effective with ongoing support by training team and mentor on the wards.
I worked there for 11 years, part time. I learned about different aspects for facilities management. The travelling to and from Cambridge was hard work.
Cons
traffic
This is a good hospital to work at, with friendly, approachable and supportive staff. There are many opportunities for development but one must keep learning.
I have enjoyed working at the University of Cambridge. It has great people and challenging work. Great annual leave and work life balance. The only problem is that it is hard to get promoted or recognized for your job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3