CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT Employee Reviews

Temporary position
Examination sorter, marker and checker (Former Employee) –  Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire29 November 2018
This was a temporary position so I feel that I can't really give an honest review but my experience was okay and I was treated fairly. Plus there were good working conditions
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Travel
Good company
Interim Manager (Current Employee) –  covenyry17 September 2018
Great company from what I have seen so far
Treat employees very fair and great benefits
Workplace culture is similar to public sector so may not suit people who want fast pace culture
Cut as soon as you're unnecessary
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire20 August 2018
I initially had a very good experience with Cambridge Assessment. The office and working environment was good and I took to the work very well.
Unfortunately, as a contractor I often had to chase them up to find out if and when I would be working, particularly during quiet months.
After a month or two of low activity I was eventually told, after enquiries to my agency, that Cambridge Assessment had decided to end my contract without warning, or indeed telling, me. This was legal per my contract, but struck me as unprofessional and left a bad taste after the whole experience.

Take the opportunity if it comes, but have a backup plan in case they axe you out of nowhere.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Had to email back and forth to find out I'd been fired
Fantastic new offices
Monitoring/Servers Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire29 April 2018
Cambridge Assessment are just moving their staff into fantastic new offices in the centre if Cambridge with lots of open space and collaboration areas
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Getting into the centre of Cambridge can be difficult
Versitile place to work
Clerical checking (Former Employee) –  Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire27 April 2018
During my time at Cambridge Assessment I have learned how to work in different places and sectors of the workplace. This has helped me develop new skills.
conducive working environment
flexible worker (Current Employee) –  withlesford duxford11 March 2018
conducive working environment. where every single idea is valued. the staff are friendly and all labor laws as well as safety procedures are adhered to
Fine for a temporary work place
Exam marker (Former Employee) –  Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire15 February 2018
Work was very repetitive marking exam papers. Not given a lot of training before starting work. Can be quite stressful as if you didn't mark enough papers or made a lot of mistakes you would be fired.
A lot of breaks given throughout the working day, opportunity for overtime and meet some lovely people.
Temporary work, good employer (through Select)
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire14 February 2018
Working through the Select Agency. Cambridge Assessment employs many staff on temporary contracts. This fits in with the seasonal, world-wide nature of the examinations timetable. Select are fair and honest. I would work for them again.
Pros
Shift work. Misses Cambridge traffic
Cons
Temporary work
No day was the same
Implementation Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire12 February 2018
There are so many aspects of Cambridge Assessment I enjoyed. The people are amazing and so supportive. No say was the same as I was facing so many different challenging from many areas of the business and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Commute
Productive and learnt a lot
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire11 December 2017
Excellent place to work friendly atmosphere and i learnt a massive amount whilst being here. I think it was tremendously character building. The long hours was a challenge but something i overcome.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons

Want to know more about CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT?

Ask a question
I was a temporary employee
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire11 October 2017
I can only comment as someone who has been a temporary employee. Because of the nature of the job and the environment, it was unfortunately a very boring experience.
Pros
the canteen
Kept being put byself making boxxes all day
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge23 August 2017
Good colleagues management was ok hours were really early or complete opposites late altho writing this review of a company years later doesn't make much sense as alot will have changed I'm sure .
Easy temporary work
Marker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire7 August 2017
Exam marking. If you can stand the repetition of marking the same thing all day, then this is well paid, temporary work, with good pay and the opportunity to go back 3 times per year.
Pros
Good pay, no targets - easy work
Cons
Repetitiveness and only temporary contracts
Fantastic company to work for
Distribution Operative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge13 July 2017
I didn't have high hopes when joining the company but quickly changed my mind after just a few days. Great company to work for, the job can be a little tedious but the staff and management are excellent. Subsidised canteen and free tea/coffee are a bonus too!
Pros
Subsidised canteen, good people, company that cares about workers.
Cons
Work can be tedious, alternating shifts, temporary work
Good Team
Supplier Payment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire9 July 2017
Good team work and nice offices, nice people and wages are fair. Benefit from staff discounts and subsidised canteen.
Happy to send on courses and lots of in house training.
Pros
good canteen and discount system
Cons
distance
mostly organised but mind numbing
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Duxford, Cambridgeshire13 June 2017
Most of the staff are lovely and chatty, the managers were nice and understandable if some what bad at organising at certain points.

The work is menial normally and doesn't provide much personal fulfilment, you are not taught any skills unless show willingness to stay in the company and rise slowly through the management ranks.
Pros
cafeteria inside that is cheap, parking available
Cons
menial, mind numbing work.
Would not offer permanent contracts
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Duxford, Cambridgeshire20 February 2017
I absolutely loved working for this company but they were fixed on only offering temporary rolling contracts instead of permanent positions.
Pros
Good working environment, great people
Cons
No permanent jobs available
Excellent company to work for
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire9 February 2017
I used to work in DC10 for 3 years. Amazing people working there create the feeling of a positive and happy workplace. Whenever possible, the management and senior management is understanding and willing to help. All workers are treated politely and fairly. The pay and benefits are excellent too. Overall, it is a great place to work at!
Good working environment
Distribution support assistant - Training Scripts (Current Employee) –  Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire6 February 2017
Cambridge assessment is one of the very important organisations in the world due to the diligence of work they carry season after season in the education progression of mostly young people in most parts of the world. It is such a privilege to be part of a big organisation and to learn as you work.
Productive and well organised
Distribution Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duxford21 December 2016
Everyday is a different day at work, very busy and always something new is happening.
Good work place, excellent training facilities, ability to progress through courses and training
Pros
High Health and safety
Cons
Working in a warehouse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT Reviews by Location