CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT

CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews
Enjoyable work with friendly and talented colleagues
First timing working in education and I learnt a lot about assessment content creation and the pre and post examination processes. Colleagues were always willing to help and adequate resources were available to complete projects successfully.
senior payroll assistant, cambridge assesment
did daily input and responded to emails from staff with queries about their pay. The staff and management are helpful and friendly and it is a relaxed atmosphere.
A mixed bag with positives and negatives
After several years and two different departments I've come away with a mixed opinion of this place of work. Different areas have different management styles. One department had a terrible managent culture and treated staff lower down the pecking order as if they were children. The other department was much more mature, fair and equitable so it really does depend which Department/Buisness Stream employs you. Don't expect much support from HR if problems arise.

The office is not the easiest of places to get to if you don't have a trainline in your town or are lucky enough to be able to afford to live in Cambridge. Expect an hour and a half to two hour (on a bad day) commute if you live somewhere that requires getting the bus in. There is limited parking on-site (95 spaces for over 2000 employees) so don't even think about driving in unless it's park and ride.

On that note, salairies (bonuses and payrises) have been steadliy getting worse over the years meaning that many of their lower down employees can no longer afford to live in Cambridge if you weren't lucky enough to have purchased a property before the house prices went stupid. Expect long horrendous commutes on over-crowded public transport if you live in a satilite town or village.
Easy-going yet unreliable
A typical day at work is relaxing but you must ensure you reach the required amount of papers per day. The facilities and staff are brilliant and helpful. The only downside is that assignments aren't always available and we were often out of work.
Poor management especially in the engineering department
I spent 6 months here as a multi skill engineer found out that the engineer manager had got rid of the last2 engineer who had worked there for years as they were a threat so if you show ability in your position here you will find your job under threat by the engineering manager who gets rid of people who are better then him
Terrible
Terrible attitude by staff and management alike. Probably could all benefit from 6 months in a normal job like factory work. Spoilt workers playing at real work.
Very boring job
Worked at Cambridge assessment for around 6 weeks I found if your not a full_time employee you are looked down and treated differently out of 28 people in my department only 3 were British job is very boring same thing same thing again and again not allowed to talk at all, not that many people speak English anyway. Canteen on other side of building you lose half of your break getting there if you really need a job go for it don't think I could ever do that type of job ever again
So boring
Pros
Leave early on Fridays
Cons
So boring
Almost great
There are still pockets of teams resistant to change but overall its a good place to work, great facilities and benefits. Technology is slowly catching to where it should be.
its amazing
very nice people
great work life balance

management encourage facilitate excellent working environments

management are excellent with emotional intelligence and understanding their employees
Pros
free lunches and free gym
Cons
tight deadlines and individual work activities
My dept was not friendly
Enjoyable work lufe/balance. My dept not friendly. Other depts seem ok. Got to jump through hoops to please management. Performance yearly review was hard.
Good place to work - excellent benefits
Excellent benefits, flexible attitude. Good management structure. Advancement available if you can get it.
Salary needs to be reviewed for local area.
Superb company all round
Everything you could want in a job, personally really regret leaving, they really take care of you and your wellbeing, the opportunities are endless and the pay is very competitive.
Pros
Opportunities, health and safety, pay
Cons
After realising when I left there’s really no negativity regarding this amazing company
Great place for progression
As my first role post graduation, it was great for career progression. Lots of training provided by friendly staff. Overall good experience while I was working there.
Family orientated
Good work life style balance. Achievable targets. Constantly change to keep your mind stimulated.
Majority of your tasks are project based with tight achievable targets. But yoh could start a project at the beginning, middle or end of the project life cycle.
Pros
Modern clean environment. Family orientated
Is not bad company
Overall rating is normal, not very good but normal. Work/Life Balance is bad because you work sometimes early morning, sometimes evening shift but sometimes day shift and you don't know when the shift will be a change from one to other.
Salary - is ok, possible overtime but day shift is minimal salary.

Job Security/Advancement - high level.

Management - is not very good. Job Culture - if you are a temporary worker sometimes your feeling - you are nothing.
Pros
Free hot and could drinks
Cons
Dirty car park
Temporary position
This was a temporary position so I feel that I can't really give an honest review but my experience was okay and I was treated fairly. Plus there were good working conditions
Pros
Clean enviroment
Cons
Travel
Good company
Great company from what I have seen so far
Treat employees very fair and great benefits

Workplace culture is similar to public sector so may not suit people who want fast pace culture
Cut as soon as you're unnecessary
I initially had a very good experience with Cambridge Assessment. The office and working environment was good and I took to the work very well.
Unfortunately, as a contractor I often had to chase them up to find out if and when I would be working, particularly during quiet months.

After a month or two of low activity I was eventually told, after enquiries to my agency, that Cambridge Assessment had decided to end my contract without warning, or indeed telling, me. This was legal per my contract, but struck me as unprofessional and left a bad taste after the whole experience.

Take the opportunity if it comes, but have a backup plan in case they axe you out of nowhere.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Had to email back and forth to find out I'd been fired
Fantastic new offices
Cambridge Assessment are just moving their staff into fantastic new offices in the centre if Cambridge with lots of open space and collaboration areas
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Getting into the centre of Cambridge can be difficult
Versitile place to work
During my time at Cambridge Assessment I have learned how to work in different places and sectors of the workplace. This has helped me develop new skills.
conducive working environment
conducive working environment. where every single idea is valued. the staff are friendly and all labor laws as well as safety procedures are adhered to