Cambian Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work !!!!
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands12 November 2019
I love working here, my colleagues are like family and we work really well together. There is lots of opportunity for progression in the company and the managers are very supportive and genuinely care about the young people and the staff. Great, committed team who work exceptionally hard to make a difference to young peoples lives.
Very clicky
Child Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wisbech12 November 2019
Staff are very clicky job involved very challenging needs dealing with psychological needs of under 18 staff are very unsupported management appear to not want to get involved need to have a very good understanding of writing English as paper work needs to inspire the management
Don't bother
Vice Principal Applicant (Former Employee) –  Corbridge, Northumberland8 November 2019
Attended interview for a senior leadership position in the NE of England. Was advised I'd hear result by the end of the week. 2 weeks later no word. Had to chase them for a definitive answer.

Spent almost £300 on taxis, trains and flights to travel from south coast to Corbridge. Asked HR contact before booking travel whether Cambian required any specific modes of transport for expense reasons, providing her the opportunity to confirm that Cambian did not cover expenses. She confirmed there were no limitations.

When I submitted travel expenses they were declined.In 25 years of teaching I've never attended an interview requiring significant travel where the interviewing institution did not support the travel element.

During my interview, the conversation led me to conclude that the service was stretched, I'd be concerned that this situation leaves service users and colleagues vulnerable. Of course this is only my perception.
Terrible workplace I feel sorry for the children in care that live there!
Residential Childcare Worker (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands4 November 2019
Terrible management who bully and intimidate staff.
If your face doesn't fit then your not in the click!
The home was ALWAYS running out of shopping! and having trouble with finances, again due to management!
Awful Care Home for children to live in.
Working patterns managment review
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough30 October 2019
Changed shifts from 8 hours to 15hours with a sleep at the end of it.
No consideration for home life or your family.
Management unsupportive and not friendly, the registered manage was a bully and made it hard so you had no choice but to leave.
If your face fits.
They say it’s all about the children but it’s all about business
Don't apply, better yourself elsewhere
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire30 October 2019
I am happy that they are shutting down the hospital unit. Cambian is a disgrace to care and to the children they looked after. Management was awful, they didn't care about you even if you did the extra mile. I saw many support staff do extra long hours mainly for the kids. At no point was there any appreciation. The staff there now are part of a clan, if you don't fit sorry to say it aint gonna work out. It is a shame as when the good support staff was there willows was a good place to work at. However now it's the drama and self centered people. Free food was the only benefit. If you like long shifts then cambian is for you i remember doing at least a handful of 24 hour shifts and no thanks. Once I completed a night shift and was told to come back. They are better employers out there!! out for you
Not for everyone but no job is!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 October 2019
I personally find Cambian a fantastic company to work for. There is lots of progression, the team end up being a second family, you get to change the lives of our young people.
The hours are long, work life balance is hard. Some days will be difficult, but other days you wont believe you've been paid to go on holiday/ activities.
The Managers care and will invest time and money into helping the young people.
Pros
Progression, training and development, changing peoples lives. The teams you work in. Seeing positive out comes.
Cons
Long hours, challenging behaviour.
Best Team To Work For
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hartlebury24 October 2019
Great school to work for. Staff are all very friendly and welcoming and work together to do what’s best for the students. Senior Management are exceptional and help with any issues and are really down to earth. I’ve felt completely supported during my time here and couldn’t think of ever having a better job.
Tough job, great kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dorset21 October 2019
It’s not an easy environment. Some staff lazy in their attitude and effects motivation of students. It’s obvious there is little or no respect or education for the students conditions from some staff which makes the job of others harder. There’s so much potential for these students but they are not supported effectively enough for them to succeed despite them being capable. It’s a sad place.
Run for the hills
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartlebury10 October 2019
Totally corrupt Company who cover up from the top when complaints are made.
You will be worked to the point of exhaustion on minimum wage. No overtime pay and breaks.
Company only care about profits and certainly not the welfare of the students within its care.
Troublesome students are goaded and then eventually excluded.
Awful place to work.
Pros
Kids are amazing but deserve so much better
Cons
Expected to do everything
Run just run
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire30 September 2019
The only good thing about this company is I met some amazing people both staff and kids, that’s the only positive. Staff are treated like dirt working ridiculous shifts as they are always short staffed it’s a good day if you only have to do 12 hour shift and get to have some food. Ridiculous amount of injuries to staff completely inappropriate referrals as Cambian sees kids as easy money. Management never stays so good luck getting support from them and MDT just wanna get paid and not deal with any risks.
fast-paced & changing environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2019
Met challenges in the pressurised working environment. Marketing team - very good team work & support. Gained a wealth of experience as company was expanding rapidly during the time I was employed.
Lack of help for staff
Residential Childcare Worker - Day leader/Senior (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire20 September 2019
Staff aren’t valued and the wage for the job required is terrible.
No breaks at all and if you dare mention anything about your legal required breaks, youll be told if you dont like it lump it
Unprofessional
Tutor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire16 September 2019
Unprofessional, lack of communication between staff and management. No training given, not told of risks and then pulled up if things were done wrong, wasn’t able to ask ask managers as they were to busy on the phone or computers.
Assistant support worker
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 September 2019
Staff like every work environment there is good and bad in all work places , women back stabbing equally they are good staff, I experienced both in my time spent employed by them must say I had a few personal issue I lost my eldest brother 9 Months later my mum and then my hubby took ill which ended my employment, but I cannot say anything bad about this I was supported through your , if you compare there wages and sleep over pay to that of other Children’s homes it was poor especially as they took kids that no one would major behaviour problems, that’s there down fall
Poor company
Residential Childcare Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 September 2019
Poor, not interested in wefare of staff or young people. Appears just out to get beds filled & money for young people.
Too much gossipping about staff as well as young people
Managers dont back you up during incidents.
A lot of Blame culture
Scary
(SEND/LDD) (Former Employee) –  Corbridge10 September 2019
Loved the care staff, teachers, love the students.
Management team were shocking. Inexperienced, uncaring and quite frankly bad at their jobs.
Cambian are a money making organisation above all else and at all costs.
Staff are not properly trained and placed in highly dangerous and vulnerable situations. CQC must definitely be taking a back hander as they have been reported about the safety of students but still nothing is done about serious safeguarding issues. If managers are approached then staff are bullied or belittled.
Was an experience I never want again.
If could give a 0 I would
Team Leader Sexual trauma Residential Care (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire6 September 2019
This company should be closed down, lack of training, new staff or agency workers get all the blame for things they have no control over as they have not been shown. Used as a Scape goat if you dear to challenge anyone in management. There is no safeguarding in place for the young people and certainly not staff. Over worked and expected to stay due to staff not turning up. On call management turns there phones off
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Great company to work for
Home manager (Current Employee) –  Shropshire28 August 2019
I started with this company just over 4 years ago and have to say their career progression is outstanding.
The training provided is unlimited as to how far you want to progress and the majority of the staff are harworking and have a complete child focus approach.
There are ups and downs and grumbles as with any work place but I feel the support given helps you work through these.
Dont apply
Rcw (Former Employee) –  Powys28 August 2019
If you enjoy being under valued worked to the point of falling apart mentally physically and critisised by staff every shift go for it. nothing you do is good enough for anyone your a glorified taxi driver cook and cleaner. It's all about paper work not the kids. The staff teams are horrendous and will slate each home and team and each other actually the staff was the worst part about the job.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Bad staff bad hours chaotic management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambian Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5