Calor Gas Ltd. Employee Reviews

Welcoming, challenging and productive.
Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa7 February 2017
On a daily basis the staff and management at Calor are consistently welcoming and supportive. The working environment is most pleasant with colleagues perfecting the perfect productivity and enjoyment balance.

As with any job working directly with the customer daily tasks at Calor are challenging but always achievable and you are well supported by staff and management alike.
Good working environment
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot16 January 2017
Good team environment, with varied responsibilities. Offered regular overtime. Good training provided.

Worked in different areas of the plant on a rotational basis.
Great job, not great money, good experience
HGV Driver class 2 (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port10 January 2017
My 1st ADR job, loved most aspects of the job.
Friendly management and office staff, good lads always willing to help.
Deffo rate this job for a young 1st time adr starter
solid company, some draw backs
Strategic Planner (Former Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire10 January 2017
very few progression opportunities so jobs are safe but no way to progress in most areas
vast differences between management styles across teams
parking on site
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire2 January 2017
A great fun and productive place to work. Brilliant co workers, great team work. Very supportive management. I very much enjoyed my time at Calor, Overall a very good working experience
Pros
Brilliant Co workers
Cons
Could be sressful at times
good staff relatations
Depot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire21 December 2016
Enjoyed working at my depot and with my staff but moved to a larger depot which meant a lot of traveling .so declined move.
Pros
good staff training free uniform good holiday allowance
Cons
Plant set in Victorian times.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Grangemouth14 November 2016
Was employed as a bottling plant operative doing what can only be described as the most mind numbing work i have ever come across in the coldest environment you could ask for. Management could not care less about their employees and the plant itself is so outdated it would fit in lovely in Victorian times. Beware this company as all they want is mugs to carry out a heavy and dirty job.
Pros
Cons
leaving the place
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth14 November 2016
Overall it is a good company to work for with in house training provided and they are also very willing to invest in staff and put them through training courses. They have paid for my HGV, ADR and forklift training in the past 6years.
The majority of staff are great fun and we all get along, It is also great for getting outdoors and interacting with the community.
However the money is poor and the sheer physicallity of the job is very bad for your body, hens why I am in search of new job.
Pros
Independence when you are out on the road especially when in rural areas its brilliant.
Cons
Poor salary with a lot of heavy lifting which eventually will take its toll on your body.
A family feeling when working for Calor Gas
Calor Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Cumbria9 October 2016
The only company I have ever worked for. Calor Gas are a big company but there is also a feeling like you are working in a big family business which is great. The culture is brilliant, overall, just a fantastic company to work for. Who knows? I might well be working for Calor Gas till I retire in 30 or so years, providing that the right opportunities present themselves.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
Good bunch of colleagues
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Canvey Island27 September 2016
The location of the job was excellent I was close to all amenities my reviews were excellent and yet I was shown very little respect as a woman within the environment. It wasn't a nice place to be especially as the top management was very weak at the time of my employment, I was bullied and harassed a lot all of which was reported to HR at head office. Unfortunately, I had very little support and just gave up.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
weak management
Strong and reliable workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire30 August 2016
Calor Gas Ltd was a great place to work, i really enjoyed my time with the company it was just a shame that there job opportunities were limited and most staff members were on a temporary basis.
The management was great and so were the colleagues.
Pros
Free Lunch if walking or biking to work
Cons
Temp Work
Became a difficult place to work at.
Area Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based22 August 2016
It was a difficult job, with all the restraint that were put on you from the manager structure. Days were long but there was a sense of togetherness between myself and the other managers.
Pros
It was a good package overall.
Cons
Long hours and lots of traveling.
Good place bad management
Pump operative (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth2 August 2016
Enjoy job just not run very well and safe environment good working colleagues the moral is low not the hardest job just needs better management with people skill and company would be a great job
Not to bad
FLT and Stock Checker (Former Employee) –  croyton6 June 2016
was a basic job with basic pay was hard work but was full of nice people that respected you and what you was doing.
Lots of friendly staff but the job is just a stop gap for most due to pay
great co-workers
production line operator (Former Employee) –  Saxham3 June 2016
the work is very manually intensive and repetitive.nice early finish but also early starts.salary was very poor for the work involved
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor salary
job security,great environment ,great team
Depot Manager for the market leader in LPG (Current Employee) –  Hull26 May 2016
My job consists of many roles and vary from day to day
I am responsible for all aspects of the business from Health and Safety,Transport conformance and legislation,staff training,mentoring guidence and apraisals.
Making sure the daily running of the business is adheard to and a profit is made while ensuring the customers experience is a good one and needs have been met.
Weekly checks and monthly audits are carried out by myself to ensure compliance is met in line with company policies and procedures.
The most rewarding and beneficial part of my job is to see my team preform to their best knowing that i have created a strong team and that targets are always exceeded and my customer base is catered for.
Everyday is different
CSC Operations Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa11 April 2016
A typical day at Calor would only suit someone who can continually reprioritise their workload, delegate where necessary and maximise their own potential and the potential of everyone around them.
Each day provides a learning experience in the way that information needs to be presented, the way systems work, how you get to the level of detail required.
Management are fair but because of the way that Calor's market operates, with changes happening all the time, requests can often be very last minute and of a higher priority than the urgent job you have been given previously, so some negotiation will inevitably be required.
My team are experienced and well respected throughout Calor and deemed the go to people for anything that is not easily dealt with.
The hardest part of my day is also the most enjoyable, that being the variety of things that can be pushed in my direction.
Pros
Variety - Management that respect the people who can be seen to push themselves
Cons
Distance to travel daily
ok place to work
Plant Operative (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough21 February 2016
working for calor gas there is never really a sense of job security or chance for promotion, the work environment is quite negative, being monitored and scrutinized by management at all times, the only positive aspect was the people I worked with who were a helpful and friendly bunch of lads.
Why?
Class 2 HGV Driver - Mini Bulk Tanker ADR (Gases) (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, ENG29 January 2016
It is my own personal opinion and it will remain that way. I would suggest that you plant somebody in thi company to gain information for you.

Sadly, this company no longer exists.

Very sad.
Pros
Got paid
Cons
Went bust
Productive and demanding
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  London, ENG28 December 2015
This required that I could do work for as long as I needed it to be paid. As it was commission based. The more I did, the more I would benefit myself. A typical day would be of me keeping track of deliverers and how much money I would be earning per day. I learnt how to keep records of my routes, items dispatched, and how much money was coming in. The hardest part of my job was that I did not get to physically move a lot but only at a moderate paste for example, loading and unloading of goods from the company to homes.
Pros
Earn as much as effort you put in
Cons
Rush hours in the days which slowed my progress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calor Gas Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.