Calor Gas Ltd.

Calor Gas Ltd. Employee Reviews for Plant Operator

Plant Operator7 reviews
United Kingdom7 reviews
I liked working here as the work isn’t too difficult but still keeps you going. I learned a lot of different skills and qualities working within squads of different experiences and age.
Pros
Learn a range of skills and qualities
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
I enjoyed work for calorgas it was fast pace and exiting I gained a lot of experience while I was working there it helped me with my maths and working out
Just used and abused, worked on the outdated and dangerous plant in all weather conditions. Best thing about it was the greasy spoon, Straight from the 80's... Personally I'd stay clear !!!!!
Cons
my 13 months at CALOR GAS was a fun and productive time. it helped me to fully understand health and safety as it is a dangerous environment. With the work team they were full of life and liked to have a joke around. There were plenty of team building exercises on offer, they would be set about 3 months apart. There was heaps of overtime. You were not stuck on 1 job they would rotate you on jobs every Monday, so you were trained up on everything in the work environment.
Pros
early starts, afternoon finishes
Cons
management
Worked as a plant operative filling gas cylinders also unloading and loading lorries and maintenance of gas cylinders in the coldest and most outdated plant you could imagine, 47kg gas bottles hand loaded and unloaded from lorry trailers, if you want heavy dirty work and inhaling gas fumes is your thing with little reward then dive in. Management not interested in you unless part of the clique.
Pros
Cons
management, outdated methods
Long hours, hard work and monotonous. No chance of progressing, agency is always trying to save money meaning work wear is sacrificed. High staff turnover most people don't last the first week as they hate it.
Pros
Just over min wage
Cons
No stable job and not valued
Was employed as a bottling plant operative doing what can only be described as the most mind numbing work i have ever come across in the coldest environment you could ask for. Management could not care less about their employees and the plant itself is so outdated it would fit in lovely in Victorian times. Beware this company as all they want is mugs to carry out a heavy and dirty job.
Pros
Cons
leaving the place