Calor Gas Ltd.

Calor Gas Ltd. Employee Reviews in Warwick

Calor was a very dynamic and fun experience for me, the staff in the engineering department are fantastic and friendly. I would recommend a friend to work for Calor.
A very warm and welcoming business; the work culture is extremely healthy. Flexible work timings and the liberty to work from home make it even better!
Great company who have looked after their employees in the past and focused on personal development. Of more recent years like many other companies, cost cutting has occurred and altered the feel of the company and with increasing workload with fewer staff make it less relaxed and enjoyable as it used to be.
Good working hours enabling an acceptable wotklife balance. Reasonable benefits and perks together with a decent pension scheme. Variety of work tasks making for interesting and challenging days.
I have loved my 17 years at Calor. The people are what makes the place so special and the workplace is friendly and productive. I have gained a huge amount of system and technical knowledge over the years enjoy the data focus of my job.
Pros
Lovely Office, Cycle to work scheme, People
Calor is a company that until recently had outdated practices and technology in terms of their production and management. Recent changes to the Board has brought much fresh thinking and development in terms of their working model and desire to change the culture.
Pros
Open to new ideas
Cons
Not always able to carry through initiatives
Diverse, fast paced, often stressful environment. Flat structure makes it difficult to progress. Although there are many training initiatives, these are mainly in house and so have minimal worth outside of Calor.
Pros
Stable environment
Cons
Long Hours, Minimal opportunities to progress
I was only there a very short time and barely got to learn what I was expected to do as this was for sick cover. I was required to organise and coordinate materials and machinery for engineers to carry out jobs, including emergency requests, create Purchase Orders from information provided relevant to engineer jobs, approve supplier invoices for payment once jobs completed and coordinate with the Payables team where discrepancies were found between Purchase Orders raised and supplier invoices received. I did not really have a chance to learn too much about the culture of the management or the workplace, as it was such a short period of time, and the hardest part of the job was obviously learning what I needed to do to complete the tasks required.
Pros
Subsidised lunches/ good canteen
Cons
Length of time in employment
Great company to work for. There's a very positive and upbeat atmosphere with the friendliest, most approachable management team I have ever worked with.
Pros
Reward and Recognition!
I have not been working for Calor Gas for long, but in the short time I have been here I have been welcomed in, made to feel valued, like my opinion and views matter. Everyone is open and eager to share their knowledge and experiences, there are many people within the business who have been working here for 10,15,20 and even 40 years, who still love to 'fly the Calor flag' and show real dedication to their staff and company. The hours are good in the office environment, the pay is good and there are so many other benefits to being part of such a family/team culture that go way beyond just a pay packet. I will certainly be here a long time :)
Pros
Subsidised lunches, free parking, excellent culture.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Calor Gas Ltd.?
Calor Gas management are all for pushing their employees to progress. it is a fun, modern atmosphere where employees feel welcome and wanted. With Calor Gas your ambition is the limit, you really can achieve what you set out too.
Pros
canteen on site
Cons
basic Salary not enough
very few progression opportunities so jobs are safe but no way to progress in most areas vast differences between management styles across teams parking on site
Calor Gas was a great place to work, I learned a vast amount in a short period of time.
Pros
Exposure to interesting projects