Calor Gas Ltd.

Calor Gas Ltd. Employee Reviews in Leamington Spa

Enjoyed my time at Calor, nice culture and great team. Only downside was the lack of progression within the area I worked, which is the reason I left.
Calor is a nice place to work with lots of very kind and skilled people and has a very open culture. the work you do can have a large amount of impact and several people have long service which can be a good thing. However there is a lack when it comes to career progression and sometimes a lack in development of employees. The work can also be interesting and the business has a lot of change, however it has a strong hierarchy view to management. They also don't honour their commitments and it can be hard to progress through to higher levels within the business even when it's promised.
Pros
Culture, People
Cons
Working Hours, Expectations, Pay, Benefits, Management
Expectation that staff would be in early and leave late every day, not suited to a working mum, no flexible working options. Some unhealthy cultural issues of bullying. Departments seem to put barriers in the way instead of working together. IT, Legal etc seen as hurdles rather than support.
Pros
High salary
Cons
No work life balance, unhealthy culture, difficult working environment
On a daily basis the staff and management at Calor are consistently welcoming and supportive. The working environment is most pleasant with colleagues perfecting the perfect productivity and enjoyment balance. As with any job working directly with the customer daily tasks at Calor are challenging but always achievable and you are well supported by staff and management alike.
A great fun and productive place to work. Brilliant co workers, great team work. Very supportive management. I very much enjoyed my time at Calor, Overall a very good working experience
Pros
Brilliant Co workers
Cons
Could be sressful at times
A typical day at Calor would only suit someone who can continually reprioritise their workload, delegate where necessary and maximise their own potential and the potential of everyone around them. Each day provides a learning experience in the way that information needs to be presented, the way systems work, how you get to the level of detail required. Management are fair but because of the way that Calor's market operates, with changes happening all the time, requests can often be very last minute and of a higher priority than the urgent job you have been given previously, so some negotiation will inevitably be required. My team are experienced and well respected throughout Calor and deemed the go to people for anything that is not easily dealt with. The hardest part of my day is also the most enjoyable, that being the variety of things that can be pushed in my direction.
Pros
Variety - Management that respect the people who can be seen to push themselves
Cons
Distance to travel daily
Average place to work - managers are hardly around to help but very harsh to judge. Other members of staff and friendly and willing to help!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Calor Gas Ltd.?