Calor Gas Ltd. Employee Reviews

Worst job I’ve had
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle3 August 2019
Essentially carrying as many explosive cylinders as you can and deliver them to a sometimes impossible time table .
WHAT COULD GO WRONG ?
Boss never spoke up for us once .
Pros
Ok hours
Cons
Workload
Not to be trusted
Driver (Former Employee) –  Saxham,Bedford, Barnsley, Stoney Stanton.21 September 2018
Worked at 4 depots and really enjoyed the work but when you rock the boat they stab you in the back.
Reported a manager for bullying, I got moved to another job by the agency then dumped. The manager was fired about a year later for bullying a female staff member.
Report dangerous practices and left because of no interest from company.
Now calor won't touch me.
Health and Safety, yea but only when it's convenient.
Pros
Good heavy physical work
Cons
Bad company to work for, will not support you.
Amazing People
Systems Admin / Business Information Reporting (Current Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire10 September 2018
I have loved my 17 years at Calor. The people are what makes the place so special and the workplace is friendly and productive. I have gained a huge amount of system and technical knowledge over the years enjoy the data focus of my job.
Pros
Lovely Office, Cycle to work scheme, People
nice place
Plant Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Stanton24 August 2018
nice place to work if your on the calor books if your agency you get treated poorly with no bonuses for the hard work you do when calor employees get bonuses
at times work challenging
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Midland17 August 2018
Business constantly growing and going through change - existing and new staff at time found work practices challenging - very weather related and success has to come from teamwork
Pros
no weekend work unless issues
Cons
work can prove challenging
Not a bad place to work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, Falkirk26 July 2018
There are worse places to work, the people make it, although sometimes you are left standing about for hours, quite boring, other times you havent got a minute to stand, heavy lifting
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
money should be better
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen13 June 2018
Great place to work with even better company culture. I learned here a lot and have a lot of new experiences.
The salary is lower than other top companies, but the benefits and culture are amazing.
productive and fun workplace
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdulais4 April 2018
my 13 months at CALOR GAS was a fun and productive time. it helped me to fully understand health and safety as it is a dangerous environment. With the work team they were full of life and liked to have a joke around. There were plenty of team building exercises on offer, they would be set about 3 months apart. There was heaps of overtime. You were not stuck on 1 job they would rotate you on jobs every Monday, so you were trained up on everything in the work environment.
Pros
early starts, afternoon finishes
Cons
management
Everyone gossips like little girls in the playground
Plant (Current Employee) –  Coryton, Essex28 March 2018
Not bad job good facilities pay okay work hours etc lots of rules on site people were very clicky back stabbers little girls in the school play ground all gossiping about each other not my scene at all!
Pros
Ok pay good facility for workers
Cons
Gossips
Outdated company but keen to improve
Business Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick29 January 2018
Calor is a company that until recently had outdated practices and technology in terms of their production and management. Recent changes to the Board has brought much fresh thinking and development in terms of their working model and desire to change the culture.
Pros
Open to new ideas
Cons
Not always able to carry through initiatives
Don't do it
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire25 January 2018
Worked in customer services for a short while . Lots of calls no time to do any of the tasks required . What is advertised is only a very small part ,you are expected to do a lot more . No chance of advancing in the company, the pay is ridiculously low for the amount of work and hours you put in .
I wouldn't recommend working here at all
Pros
No scripts work on own initiative
Cons
Constantly busy no support
A strong foundation
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa11 January 2018
Calor is a nice place to work with lots of very kind and skilled people and has a very open culture. the work you do can have a large amount of impact and several people have long service which can be a good thing.

However there is a lack when it comes to career progression and sometimes a lack in development of employees. The work can also be interesting and the business has a lot of change, however it has a strong hierarchy view to management.

They also don't honour their commitments and it can be hard to progress through to higher levels within the business even when it's promised.
Pros
Culture, People
Cons
Working Hours, Expectations, Pay, Benefits, Management
productive
Class 1 and Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Coryton13 December 2017
they give you up to 15 drops a day sometimes caravan park with 50 drops... they give wrong adress wich bring you in middle of nowhere... the truck are old , take about 3-4 h to unload the tank etc
Pros
nothing
Nice play to be
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoney Stanton, Leicestershire16 November 2017
Calor is a lovely place to work, the staff are friendly and the managers are really supportive. If they notice potential in you, they will help you progress
Great invoronment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Slough8 November 2017
I was lucky enough to be given a chance at this position, as I had no work experience.
I worked with a great team and dealt with varying customers and their requirements. Sometimes the in tray would be overflowing in the morning and with the incoming calls and other duties it sometimes felt like it would never get done. However, with encouragement from the others, it always did.
Unhealthy culture of presenteeism and bullying
office worker (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire31 October 2017
Expectation that staff would be in early and leave late every day, not suited to a working mum, no flexible working options. Some unhealthy cultural issues of bullying. Departments seem to put barriers in the way instead of working together. IT, Legal etc seen as hurdles rather than support.
Pros
High salary
Cons
No work life balance, unhealthy culture, difficult working environment
Extremely professional
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Immingham, Lincolnshire29 October 2017
Calor gas is an extremely professional working environment, that demands high standards in all applications.

The company provide full training in all applications of LPG delivery, to a very high standard.
Pros
Extremely competitive rates of pay.
Cons
The job itself is temporary.
No Management support, low pay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoney Stanton, Leicestershire17 September 2017
I worked here for 4.5 years. My Team Leader was Unprofessional, Incompetent, Lazy, and Unsupportive. Progression was hard to obtain, as selection criteria not adhered to, and recognition of good work deliberately not given. Management was weak, and support for me personally was non-existent, despite trying desperately to progress within the company. Big confidence knock, and terrible place to work.
Pros
Open plan environment
Cons
Saturday working, excessive changeover of Management staff
Satisfactiory work .
Gas inspector (Current Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot13 September 2017
Typical day in work for me is to check admin , all emails , schedules and plan out with supervisor... I'd be in charge of all tank refirbishment which entails gas freeing , purging , valving LPG vessels to regulations and drawings , sanding and painting and writing out CDE forms and spreadsheets .important to me is health and safety , cossh as I deal with hazardous materials and I like to keep a clean workshop/station at all times.
Most enjoyable part is definitely leaving knowing all targets and goals are met to a great quality and standard.
Pros
Optional overtime
Cons
Work conditions
Terrible man-management
Former agency driver (Former Employee) –  Coryton, Essex7 July 2017
They don't really appreciate anything you do for them, theirs is a get out and deliver your load at all costs.
The transport supervisor was rarely on site and this led to you having to supply your own PPE!!.
The worst part is not having any point of contact for drivers when problems occur, the best part was the strong bond the drivers had.
Pros
Not bad money on agency
Cons
No review on access of vehicles to properties, lousy route planning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calor Gas Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.