CAFCASS Employee Reviews

Good
Family Court Advisor (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire2 December 2018
Good working environment. Family court advisors can work from home and receive training on the job. FCA work covers public and private law and involves working with other agencies.
Normal work place
Data administrator (Former Employee) –  Coventry19 September 2018
Nice place to work post university, gets you into a normal office life. Nice people to work with, turn up do your job and go home is the extent of it. Job is the equivalent of working in a production line of a factory floor.
Family Court Officer (Former Employee) –  West Wales31 July 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, would recommend. No concerns colleagues and management very good. Did a lot of Private Law work and CP checks. Enjoyable to work in the Courts and with service users.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
limited contract
Not my type of environment
Court Adviser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 June 2018
It could be fun but it could be hard to seek constructive management support .

I was not there long enough to form a constructive opinion you either like or dislike this type of work
Pros
working from Home
Cons
no team
Professional approach
Family Court Advisor/Children Guardian (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk15 May 2018
I gained a lot of experience in this role, they enhanced the skills I had. The flexible working hours were a bonus and meant that I could timetable my week. Good support was provided
Pros
Flexible working hours and professional cuture
Cons
sometimes workloads can be high, and timetables are expected to be met
Mentally challenging position
Data Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands26 April 2018
CAFCASS is a government office charged with safeguarding the child in legal cases. To work for them, you will need to have a DBS check completed.

The work is mentally challenging with targets in place for the number of cases you will need to complete.

Overtime is a common sight within the office and the people who work there are, on the whole, friendly and approachable.
Cons
Mentally challenging - cases dealing with abuse of children
Fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 January 2018
Was a lovely place to work, staff very supportive, enjoyed my time there, learned a lot and gained a lot of valuable skills which I can use in my next job role
26 January 2018

Thank you for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your time here and found it a very supportive environment and we hope your time with us as indeed given you skills for your new employment.

Very demanding role both emotionally and physically
Family court advisor (Former Employee) –  Hull and south humber2 June 2017
Difficult to find an appropriate work life balance due to the pressure and demand of report writing within allocated file dates.

Child friendly organisation in terms of home working and flexible hours although great pressure placed upon you in terms of work load.
26 January 2018

Thank you for posting your comments, we do appreciate it. It is fair to say the role of FCA (Social Worker) is a demanding role but I am pleased you acknowledge we try and make this easier by allowing as much flexibility as we can for our staff.

Awful unsupportive managers
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands24 April 2017
In all honesty, a tea spoon could have managed the office better. Complete lack of support. Very childish with managers refused to talk to staff, asking staff if hospital appointments are really "worth your job". If you are desperate for a job then go ahead, if not....run for the hills!
Pros
Informal
Cons
Awful management, no work/life balance
26 January 2018

Hi, I am very sorry to hear that your experience is so out of keeping with other feedback we receive. We wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Busy environment but supportive
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire4 April 2017
Working with children and families in both private and public Law. Must be able to work autonomously and produce work within timescales. You would enjoy if you like time based work.
26 January 2018

Thank you, yes we are a very busy organisation but I am pleased you felt supported during your time with us.

Great place
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  University of Warwick18 May 2016
Public sector organisation. You work in an open space environment which makes it more informal. The building is modern and well located. you have access to the canteen at University of Warwick next door. The organisation pays for a health membership and you get discounts on gym membership and shopping. Also child care vouchers.
People are friendly but very busy. you need to be able to adapt very quickly.
Pros
Discounted gym membership and health programme
26 January 2018

Thanks for your lovely, positive review - we really appreciate it/

Pleasent place to work
London WC1 - Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  London10 March 2016
In the time that I have spent in Cafcass I have learnt volumes and gained many skills along the way. Cafcass is a dynamic environment where you will meet a diverse range of people. Cafcass offers great Health & Well being benefits as well as online modules seminars on how to improve one's skills, strengths, knowledge and human relations.
Pros
Good working environment, great colleagues
Cons
Poor pay progression
26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your time at Cafcass and learnt so much from the great colleagues you worked with.

A learning curve for me in my career
FINANCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 October 2015
I learned how to manage my workload more effectively to get all the tasks completed daily.

I enjoyed being part of this friendly team and my manager was always very supportive and I learned a lot from her.
Pros
The location being in Birmingham City Centre
Cons
The long hours
Croydon
Family Court Adviser (Former Employee) –  Croydon22 September 2015
I enjoyed my time gathering a lot of experience. Given me lots of opportunities to develop myself and work with all professionals.
26 January 2018

I am glad you had a positive experience that gave you opportunity to develop, thanks for taking a few moments to share that with us.

N/a
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG11 March 2015
Challenging and demanding, yet rewarding when deployment is completed on time and in budget.
Each site had its own challenges, however with detailed planning the risks identified were mitigated.
Lovely Work place friendly people
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG13 August 2014
I have learnt alot about Cafass nice place to work in.

dealing with court papers and dealing with social workers if any queries on court papers as you sometimes get the very important cases need to be seen asap.
Pros
Nice place nice people
Cons
location as waiting ages to get home waiting for a bus
26 January 2018

Thanks for letting us know what a nice place to work it is, we do try! Sorry not much we could do about the bus timetable, I hope you have found something since that is easier for you to get to/from work.

Nuturing enviroment
Family Court Advisor/Children's Guardian (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 July 2014
Management good
Work life balance good
Work load high but manageable
Pros
Good employee benifits
26 January 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review, it is really appreciated.

conscientious place to work + enjoyable
PA to 3 Regional Directors (Former Employee) –  London11 June 2014
Worked from 9.30 - 17.30
My directors were very passionate about their work
I found the work very rewarding
I had great job satisfaction working for my directors
I learnt new work skills (new computer skills)
I enjoyed organising my directors dairies/meetings etc
Great office environment, general feeling of doing a worthwhile job.
Personal Assistant to Head of Service (Former Employee) –  York14 May 2014
A typical day at work involves dealing with e-mail and phones calls, liaising with Head of Service and Senior Management team as necessary. Organising travel and accommodation. Routine tasks mixed with projects such as arranging training events and meetings. Great bunch of dedicated colleagues.
Pros
free car parking in city centre
A safe place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coventry, ENG8 May 2014
A typical day would consist of receipting cases across England. I learned a lot about English private family law.

Your co-workers are always extremely friendly and supportive.

The hardest part of the Job is sometimes you may see distressing stories & pictures
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Can be monotomous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAFCASS. Our community is ready to answer.