Caerphilly County Borough Council

Caerphilly County Borough Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom96 reviews
Really enjoyed my time here. Gained some fab experience and some great friends. However it wasn’t always easy to work here due to the toxicity of certain members of the team. You need to be very strong willed and not afraid to speak up for yourself or other people.
There is a Clique there and if your face doesn’t fit then your on your own. There is no equality, 1 rule for 1 and all that. If they take away 2-3 people it would be a healthier place
Pros
na
Cons
na
Had been out of work for a while then this job opportunity came by and I have never looked back wished I had worked for Caerphilly borough council years ago
Working as a graveyard opertive was a new experience for me but I really enjoyed working there all staff are friendly and helpful and I learned a lot anout funerials
Pros
Lots
Cons
Caerphilly Council is a very accommodating employer, offering shifts as available. Culturally diversified and accommodating to those with physical disabilities. A relaxed, working environment but all know to work to a professional standard.
Little or no real help from management. They do not encourage staff to take thhe initiative, staff who are more than capable of doing what's required to get a job done or solve a particular problem. They like to keep staff on a short leash at all times an atmosphere that does not go down well.
It was the best job I've ever had worked well within a team i had great co/workers the service users were a hard working lot was very proud to have had the opportunity to work with them
Good, excellent experience. Kind work colleagues, brilliant management. Reasonable pay salary, but unreasonable work hours. Overall, it’s a nice place to work.
Loved working in leisure for years, good team environment, would have stayed if it wasn't so inconsistent as a casual contract.
Not the best payers for the job role, but plenty of opportunity to train in other areas or to further existing qualifications.
A typical day at work would be to communicate with customers, carry out inductions and show people how to use gym equipment correctly. It is a fast paced environment and learned a lot about sales and working as a team. I figured that I can work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
I enjoyed my work in Caerphilly council, however working with the building is very stuffy and formal. Managers see themselves above staff and this makes it difficult for staff to feel supported and at ease with management.
The job is ideal for those who are passionate about care giving. A typical day involves providing personal care and providing activities for the person you are caring for.
Great hob one of the best I've ever had wish I could be kept on full time.. bosses are good most employees are good guys easy to get along with.. paybis always in time n decent
Management aren’t the greatest but the job itself and the team to work with are excellent.
Good hours/shift patterns if you don’t mind working weekends.
This is not a pleasant place to work. Cuts to funding have put too much pressure on the staff, forcing people out to make further cuts. It is running on a shoestring. A much happier place before austerity.
Cons
an increasingly stressed workforce.
Would clean my own area in a leisure centre for 2 and half hours there would be around a few areas to clean and there will be given to different cleaners. Learn your coshh handling.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Mainly part time work
Great place to work whether your starting your career or have experience from other jobs. There are many roles and departments within so advancing upwards is common.
Pros - Flexi

Cons - Lazy managers who think it's ok to treat people lower down the chain like dirt. Very clicky, lots of nepotism. No longer a job for life because of all the cuts
I had a paper round once a week for many years, was a good job for a 16 year old, flexible around my studies and easy to do. Papers were delivered to house and had to then go around area.
Worked for this company for 30 years and never progressed in my role . Unless you have a family member in management or your face fits !! You have no value . If your good at your trade , you will no be recognised and promoted you will stay as you are too make the foreman look impressive at meetings . The grunts that I worked with are brilliant, I miss them .
The best part of CCBC is the fact that the range of jobs is very wide and they pay quite well. The resources needing to apply is there and easy to find and the organizational structure is very accessible and communication between departments is quite swift.
While working for them for 3+ years I can honestly say I have nothing and to say about them and the fact that they allowed me to work around going to college was amazing
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes short notice
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caerphilly County Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Caerphilly County Borough Council Reviews by Location