Caerphilly County Borough Council Employee Reviews

staff great, management poor.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  various22 March 2019
Worked with some lovely staff but management of those staff was poor. Staff not consulted on any proposed changes until rolled out to the public and then had to deal with fallout when the changes were found to be poor choices.
Some very experienced staff who felt undervalued and totally demotivated when offers suggesting improvements to the service were constantly ignored.
Pros
good staff who became good friends
Cons
middle management who couldn't manage
road safety volunteer
Road Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly7 March 2019
excellent all round, couldnt of asked for a better coach, the road safety officer was very informative and was willing to help answer any questions we had.
Pros
helping children cross the road safely
Cons
when it finishes
Working in Leisure
Swimming instructor (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly21 February 2019
Monotonous job, which pays a very modest salary if you are 16-20. A very easy job to fall into and stay into if you are not very ambitious. Staff are the most enjoyable thing about working, but finding work is laid back and last minute. Must have some physical attributes to be able to lift and move things. Common Sense is a requirement and high level of education is not desired.
great
mobile creche assistant (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly4 February 2019
great hard work but worth it, great commpany, great pay great holiday allowances, great great great company to work for, build long friendships not just work
Budget Cuts
Customer First Manager (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly21 January 2019
Really loved working here the first 14 years but with all the budget cuts it just wasn't the same and didn't seem as focused on the Customer as on Budgets
Pros
Working for the customer
Cons
Budgets
Council
Recycling Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tir-Y-Berth2 January 2019
Classic council, good people doing their best for the area struggling with under-funding and cost-savings. Lots of good work/life stuff like flexitime and salary sacrifice purchase schemes and managers who understand people have lives outside work.
Management sucks, if you’re lower than managers forget it
Dogsbody (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly16 November 2018
They give not a care bout no-one so much back handedness going on.

Not for the good of all only themselves. Councillors are a rip off get paid for nothing
Pros
Flexi
productive
Groundsman/Gardener (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly2 November 2018
working as part of a team made the job enjoyable training courses available to gain extra skills gained experience in all types of grass cutting hedge cutting general maintenance
Secure place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ystrad Mynach17 October 2018
There job is secure an there is a lot opportunities and amenities for which are available for members of staff. There are a lot of different teams in Caerphilly.
Ok quite a safe job
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly20 September 2018
Current employee been with them coming up 25 years.. only quibble I have is to get on you got to have family working there very friends and family oriented ..
or believe it or not you get on if you play rugby 🏉
Pros
Working conditions ok
Cons
Like said before friends and family
Busy and rewarding environment
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly31 August 2018
Basically a very busy environment which I enjoyed, dealing with service users taking referrals and sign posting them to the relevant Support Provider which I felt very positive about.

Updated and calculated schedules inputting the data into relevant software to raise invoices for payment.

I managed my own duties prioritising where appropriate.

The hardest part of the job was when service users were referred back as they didn't engage with the Support Provider.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when a service user 'moved on' due to the support provided.
School Crossing Patrol Officer
School Crossing Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, Caerphilly19 June 2018
I am polite and efficient, making sure I adhere to safety laws.

I need to be at the crossing by 8:25 and help children and their parents cross the road safely until school starts, and also ensure children can safely cross the road home in the afternoon.
Lack of Team work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly county Borough Council13 April 2018
I have not worked for this Authority since 2005 at which time the culture of the staff group needed a lot of guidance and couching to bring in the changes that were needed to ensure that the homes were run in a professional manner, To try and bring the staff group together and work as a team instead of against each other.
To ensure information was recorded down and per policy and procedures indicated also to ensure that they had regular and updated training
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of team work
Great company to work for
School Crossing Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Pontllanfraith, UK23 March 2018
I loved this job and worked there for two years. It worked well with me having a young family to look after on my own. The pay and conditions were good and the management were great. The only reason I left this position was because I moved out of the area and needed something with more hours.
Pros
Great pay and conditions
Cons
not enough hours in the end
Stressful, slow and non-beneficial
Former technician highways (Former Employee) –  Pontllanfraith ED6 February 2018
A stressful place to work where internal staff are no help whatsoever when trying to solve an issue. Typical pass the buck, blame culture within highways departments to ensure that certain staff recieve payroses/made up job titles and the minions deal with the worst work for no extra benefit or recognition. Work/life balance is fantastic if you can sit at your desk and do nothing to build time to ensure extra time off from the place.
Cons
Long hours, miserable place to work.
Events
CCBC sports development (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly17 January 2018
The sporting side of the CCBC are great and a bunch of nice people to work with. During the vents they gave us a lot of freedom when refereeing the games.
Good team to work with
Children's Services SOCIAL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly4 January 2018
I have found this employment to be an excellent opportunity to start a career in social work. The team and management have been fully supportive and there are many opportunities to progress further in the career.
Pros
Close proximity to where I live
Cons
Long hours and unpredictable hours.
Well paid job for the outcomes that are asked of me
Caerphilly (Current Employee) –  Caerphilly21 December 2017
Really enjoyed working for Caerphilly council for the past 10 years with a vast amount of experience and qualifications gained along the way. Lack of opportunities to progress in my career has made me think of looking elsewhere in the industry.
Pros
Good wage for inexperienced/young workers
Cons
Long hours needed to work
Caerphilly bourgh council is great company to work for
Cleaner and caretaket (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly30 November 2017
The overall was very good very easy to understand which is very good i just hope i am lucky for what i have applyed for i have had cleaning jobs and shop floor i enjoyed them all
fiendly place
Breakfast Club Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly23 November 2017
Very busy in the morning laying out tables and other breakfast equipment, toys , cups plates and cereals . Lovely spending time with the children on playground. Other staff very helpful and cheerful to spend time with