Cadent Gas Employee Reviews

Challenging but rewarding environment
Cutover Manager (Former Employee) –  Coventry15 January 2020
Demanding and stressful at times the role was never the less rewarding and there was plenty of support from management and colleagues.
There was an understanding that although some long hours and personal sacrifice are necessary at times, a work-life balance is required.
good place to work
Construction Interface Engineer (Current Employee) –  site based3 January 2020
every day was a differant challenge
some tight deadlines to meet
controlling of sub contractors a challenge
more communication could be improved on
Pros
Interesting work
No where to go
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  London18 December 2019
No way of progressing through the ranks. The training you receive means you can not better yourself and once you join you are stuck, especially if you go through the apprenticeship.
Awful Place to Work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands29 November 2019
It’s like a company doing everything off the back of a cigarette packet, at a million miles an hour. And temporary staff get treated extremely poorly.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands25 October 2019
The atmosphere was pretty relaxed. Had some lovely people around there. There is a huge drive to reduce cost which negative influences the moral on occasions.
Disgusting place to work
Plant Protection Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire22 October 2019
This is a horrendous place to work. You are timed when you do anything including going to the toilet. If you are less than a level 3 you are nothing and are capable of nothing. There is no development and any new positions that come on the job board are more than likely already taken by someone and only advertised because they have to be.
Your progression is based on who you know, not what you’re capable of
Cadent
Gas Engineer (Former Employee) –  Surrey14 October 2019
I worked there for a long time. The place is good to work for but the weather can be tough at times especially in the winter. It’s nice to work in summer.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley10 October 2019
I was at the company for 13 years, enjoyed my time there.
They use mostly agency staff through Manpower but I cannot comment on that as I was employed by Cadent.
No salary progression
Workgroup Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands9 October 2019
There was no salary progression which was disappointing and their HR department was poor. The work was interesting and other colleagues were nice to work with.
Productive and high energised company
IT Change and Service Transition Lead (Current Employee) –  Coventry28 September 2019
Project delivery focused high energised company, professional and pleasant people. Senior Management team are solely focused on budgets and gate reviews.
Need for improvement
Supply Chain QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands2 September 2019
Substantial need for improvement in multiple areas. Insufficient attention is paid to activities important for running the business in the most appropriate way.
Could be much better
Emergency Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Leicester7 August 2019
Too much focus on stats rather then on individual. Management try to impress each other with targets to progress their career at the cost of others.
My manager helped me and guided me but she was bound by statistics and targets imposed on her.
I received all the support and had progressed very well but the employment agency called me back as i was ill and was absent few times so I lost the job.
Pros
Massive opportunities if on good books
Cons
Too much emphasis on time of calls rather then service
Great at change but poor at doing the basics
Change Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midlands11 July 2019
Cadent is the peter principle through and through. Join the company and see for yourself.
I have learnt a lot in my time at Cadent, from Admin to Manager its full of opportunity. The new leadership team are making changes that are much needed. We just need to sort the basics too and day to day management skills.
Cons
Frustration
Fairly secure job but pay is low
Gas Emergency Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire21 June 2019
Its hard to advance here if you go through Pertemps (which almost everyone does unless they come in on a graduate scheme), i know of people that had been there for 9/10 years and hadn't been able to secure a permanent job directly with Cadent.
The pay is quite low for what you do and, depending what department you're on, the stress involved.
They're really good with moral, if they have a big incident they usually bought pizza for everyone and tried their best to cater to dietry requirements- we even had an ice cream van in the summer for a few days!
Pros
good moral, lots of different departments to try to progress to
Cons
low wages, not much for progression in to permanent roles
High pressured
Connections planner (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 June 2019
Triio connections department - very high pressured, great team to work with, management aren't very helpful at times, lots of additional tasks added on to your already busy duties with no extra pay, new contract or even asked about them, just told.
productive but chaotic
connection manager (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire21 March 2019
Cadent as a company has a good view on where they want to be in the next 5 years but they have no Idea how to achieve their goals or what it is that their customers actually want from them.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
not organsied, bad management, dont treat collegues fairly
Fantastic graduate scheme
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  North West; then Coventry10 January 2019
I have nearly come to the end of my time on the graduate scheme (3x 6 month placements) and have not only thoroughly enjoyed my time, but genuinely seen myself develop as a person.

You get a good understanding of all aspects of what is a large and varied business; plenty of high quality technical and non-technical training; a good level of respect, authority and ownership to drive the important projects you work on; and exposure to senior members of the organisation.

The salary and benefits are very good and your life outside of work is respected, meaning overall it covers all bases as a great graduate scheme.

I am really looking forward to the next step in my time at Cadent.
Pros
Ownership of projects, training, salary, benefits
Fantastic Graduate Scheme
Graduate (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire9 January 2019
-Do three 6-month placements through the scheme allowing you to really learn about the company with few limitations.
-Excellent training plan and well executed courses that incorporate practical learning as much as possible
-Very competitive pay including starting and finishing bonus for the scheme, accommodation allowance and a good pension scheme
-All levels of management are really supportive and the culture is very good - it's definitely has happier staff than any of the other 4 companies I've worked for
-The work-life balance is very good, I do 8-4 or 9-5 most days.
-The company and jobs are very interesting with little opportunity to get bored!
Great Place to work
HR Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 October 2018
I was only there for 4 weeks but would have happily stayed as it was a fun working environment where the people made you feel welcome. My boss was lovely and i was treated as one of the team even though i was only there for 4 weeks.
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Coventry20 June 2018
This is a great company which is now making it's way without the influence of National Grid, which means it can concentrate providing the best service to it's customers
Pros
great work life balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cadent Gas. Our community is ready to answer.