Cadent Gas

Cadent Gas Employee Reviews

United Kingdom44 reviews
The work is good, colleagues are awesome. Management is very bad very reactive not proactive only contact you if there is a problem. My line manager was useless. Never get all the facts and ready to blame. Job security is bad.

I wouldn't recommend applying for a job here.
Pros
Work invironment
Cons
Job security
This is a company who treats their employees like dog S*** . They bend the rules to suit them. No rewards. No control over your bonus. Undervalued. Underpaid. No travel time. Sexist managers. Poor work life balance. Leaving this company two months ago was the best thing I’ve done.
Cons
local management good. Higher management clueless and heartless towards workforce. Also a good company to work for before cadent took over. They have stripped us of a number of things I.e:
Share save scheme

Bonus incentive scheme

Call teirs

To name a few

Struggling to see how there are any good reviews on here obviously not workforce. Must be paid to input on here just to make look good. Really disheartening company to work for. New cadent g contract for new starters even worse. Honestly money not too dissimilar to tesco or meter fitting. If you have a gas safe qualification befter of working for another gas company or local ouncil
Pros
struggling to think of any.
Cons
Unable to plan a family life with cadent g contract
Use to be a great company to work for when we was national grid.

After becoming cadent they’ve stripped us of all incentives and benefits.

Took away our:

-Share save scheme

-Call out tiers

- bonus schemes becoming worse

-new contracts which are basically zero hour contracts.

And the list goes on, they even took away something as small as coffee machines in our depots. Don’t know how much longer
Pros
Great tea of engineers. Some management good.
Cons
Higher up management clueless. No job security. Long hours. No appreciation.
From the start I had no system log on/ set up so had to watch others for months before retrieving my own log on. Managers lacked social skills, had their favourites and were quite rude thinking they were funny. Racist behaviour was the norm which is totally unacceptable, imitating members of staff who had accents etc
Pros
On site parking
Cons
Rude people, horrid environment to work in
this is a awful place to work as the new management just tell lies to suit themselves and they employ people who are not capable of doing the job but displace others who do know the job .my advice to anyone applying for work at cadent is to think very carefully before you do so as this company is hanging by a thread at the moment

. hopefully they lose the contract as it would be fully deserved you should have minus stars to rate these clowns
Pros
Cons
management need to look at the way they treat there emoloyees
17 years service at Windsor street . And then sacked for doing things that everybody else has done for years you know who you are. New level 7 manager has not got a clue she's just there to clear out anyone who's face dose not fit anymore. The place is run by women that a""s lick the top gaffers. . Well I hope you all have a happy life and enjoy your rewards sooner or later you will lose it all.
Pros
Left to your own devices scratching around for work and baby sitting idiots
Cons
Your just a number unless you the managers favourite pet
Cadent has a fantastic work environment, whether you are starting out in your career or at the end.
The gas industry’s one of the safest places to work, given you follow the rules.

I would suggest it’s not the same place to work as National Grid but it is like comparing apples to oranges then moaning they don’t taste the same.

Great team,great opportunity and I would recommend
Pros
Great place to work and great promotion prospects
Cons
Call out can be a pain
Now its cadent, stay clear
Terrible contract

Poor pay

Expect to work day - night

Shift work - weekends- christmas - bank hoildays etc....

All the best have left!!!!

New mangers on power trips unless u do as you are told and become there new ego.
Cons
Not the company it used to be at all. No care for staff any longer, you are just a number. Use to feel valued but all that has gone now. Managers use to be trained and knowledgeable
Cadent really knows who to look after it's people... this was the case before covid-19 and even more during covid-19.

The company has always supported flexible working and promotes diversity and is labeled ' youth friendly' and 'disability confident employer'.

I had previously worked in an environment where i was micro-managed and overloaded with work without any support from managers. At Cadent, I am trusted so much and left to do my own thing. Although not many people would appreciate this style, but this works for me and it is nice knowing your employer trusts your ability. There is so much support available for everyone and the rewards are pretty good.

The company has offered so much support to it's employees and wider community during COVID-19. The organisation has seriously taken a very responsive and supportive role in supporting Covid-19 and previously other social community projects. The company has always had various volunteering programmes and takes its social responsibility seriously.

- Employees are offered 2 days off a month to volunteer to support covid-19 causes / projects. How many employers do this?

- Employees included agency / temps are not furloughed.

- Majority of the employees have worked from home since March 2020 with so much support from managers.... Although 'WFH' culture was always in place but has been offered to majority of staff. WFH mainly applies to business support areas but guys on the field (gas engineers) are required to work to protect UK customers and keep the gas flowing.

I am grateful and proud to work for this company.
 - more...
No leadership or direction. I was left to my own devices. My colleague said on the first day that she had 7 managers in a 12 month period. Cadent going through transition period from National Grid to Cadent Gas therefore lots of turmoil. Transactional and reactive environment. Cost savings and efficiencies are surprisingly never talked about, which was new to me. People are pleasant but there is no career progression, stability and the environment is very reactive. If you want to go somewhere to learn and grow then Cadent is definitely not the right organisation.
A company that looks after its employees and provides great career opportunities. I have developed a whole range of skills and experience and my personal development has been supported along the way. Since the Gas distribution business separated from National Grid the pace for change and thirst for innovation has increased due to scale and I believe it offers an exciting and rewarding career in a friendly and supportive work environment.
Always wanting more without giving back, management lack any sort of communication, no man management skills, feels like they are trying to catch you out
not the best job. no prospects. It is more a place of who you know what you know and not dependant on performance. It is more a case of being another number in the company.
Managers /supervisors are the worst kind of people going they take no responsibility and put everything on you ...break working time directive . They make there own policies up and as for Health and Safety ignore it until something goes wrong then it’s your fault as well then lie about to cover there backside
Great Company to work for, great team, good management. good pay and benefits. very fair. 25 Days Holiday. Investors in people. They teach you all that you need to Know to do your job.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Fast paced and can be stressful
I've really enjoyed working with the people in general. Leadership needs nurturing in order drive the culture change they're aspiring to. Following recent changes I feel that people are stretched and unclear about their purpose which doesn't provide a healthy work environment, where people collaborate and support one another.
If you like been bored and working for incompetent management Cadent is the place for you.
No job promotion, no work life balance and unsafe working hours
i currently work for the company and have done for many years, we are going through a restructure at the moment and the management team couldn't care less about the staff affected.
no idea what they are doing everyone has to interview either for their own jobs that they have been doing for years or someone elses job who is being displaced.

they have no care for the mental wellbeing this has caused months of uncertainty and stress, sleepless nights and tears.

management really are a joke!

National Grid was never this bad get rid of the idiots in place now

for the 1st time in years i am now actively looking for employment outside the company.

Good hard working staff pushed out the company because of poor management.
i work with so many great people but no help from company to progress within the company. everything is based on how well you can talk and convince interviewers and not how good you are at your current role or how much potential you have and what you can bring to the team