CABINET OFFICE Employee Reviews

Great for experience
Office Manager/PA (Former Employee) –  London5 March 2019
I came to working for government completely blind, they were very inclusive and nurturing.

The institution itself can be quite elitist and so while i was very lucky to have supportive peers and managers, many others in my position may not have been so lucky.

My role was very challenging and i learned a great deal, not only about my role specifically but about Government as a whole.
A mixed ball of cherries
UC and Conferencing Lead Architect and SME (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2019
Technology is a buz, but culture, job security and management is questionable.
Highly technical team, ground-breaking programs of work and the general advantage of producing really meaningful work.
Good for development
HR (Current Employee) –  London13 February 2019
No day is the same and management make an effort to ascertain your plans for the future. With that in mind that do suggest options for your personal development.
Pros
Flexi
Great learning environment
Policy Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2018
poor pay, should remunerated staff salaries to match other government departments. not very diverse, too much pressure, very stressful, enjoyed meeting new people.
Good Place To work
In life management and commercial lead (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 April 2018
The cabinet Office is a good pace to work , the work was very interesting, i enjoyed working with my colleagues the location close to parliament square .
Good company
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 February 2018
Good a company to work for but the level of management needs to be improved. Staff moral needed to be improved. New senior management had great ideas to implement but the culture needed to change which takes time.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Long hour culture
Excellent.
Senior Policy Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 January 2018
An excellent work place to connect and learn more about the government's agenda - particularly on the overall approach to digital by default programme and data.
work experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2017
i had carried out a 2 week work experience which allowed me to build on my it skills and gain knowledge of how the business works in delivering information to the whole of london.
This was a good place to work. It was not very diverse, which could be improved but if you are interested in working as a assistant or in administration then it will be a great place.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
needs more diversity
A very mixed experience
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2017
There is a strong team-working ethic amongst the administrative and secretarial staff, and the work is interesting, but the management style is oppressive and draconian.
Overview of my role
Case Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2017
My role involves processing nomination forms for UK National Honours. There is a constant flow of work as we accept nominations all year round. We are in charge of a set of cases delegated by the first letter of the nominees surname. We then have to start validating each case by getting other Government departments to provide comments on the individual and say what they think the right level of award would be. This means continually working with multiple people to get the case ready to put forward for a committee. Once we have all the validation we write a 500 word citation on each person for the committee so they can decide who they want to receive the award. We also get to attend the press conference before the list is published; working with the press and selected recipients.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
A lot of work
environnement agréable
Shop assistant/ barista (Former Employee) –  england26 May 2017
bonne ambiance journée actif toujours quelque chose a faire
Pros
repas et café gratuit
Cons
mon collegue
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  London4 May 2017
I learnt a lot during my time here, and enjoyed a good working relationship with some colleagues, but the management and workplace culture can be pressured and gradist.
Administrator
Credit Control Officer /Income and Expenditure (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London18 April 2017
This role is not relevant to my current job requirements. I am looking for a part time role within Glastonbury Festival. This is nothing to do with any of my previous administration jobs.
good
Cons
High profile place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London13 February 2017
Civil Contingencies Secretariat is at the centre of UK resilience, and as such has to prepare for and react to civil emergencies.
Every day is different, which make it an exciting place to work.
A great place to work
Higher Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London26 November 2016
A challenging and rewarding place to work, daily tasks would vary with the high pressure requirements of Senior Civil Servants and Members of the Cabinet.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  Bedford18 July 2016
I work in a team of 4, in the Procurement Team. We are merged with the legal Team which consists of 20 people.

I enjoy my job role because I am always communicating with different people at all levels. The job allows me to work two days in the office and two day working from home.
Tight deadlines to work to can be very challenging at times
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke19 February 2016
Work can be very varied with very tight deadlines to work to at times, especially year end. I currently do a lot of reconciliation work which can be very rewarding when everything balances.

The majority of work colleagues are very friendly and helpful, as a team we have worked very well together over the yeas. Unfortunately due to a change in Management it has split the office.
Pros
Good Pension and Flexi
Cons
No pay rise for years and more preasure being put upon staff
poor
Juniper network engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, ENG23 January 2016
I was hired as a Network engineer with the chance to gain experience and make changes i was told this was a 'interesting' network to learn from. it is not !
My day consists of raising tickets for pointless outages when there is planned maintenance. I am supposed to be a 2nd/3rd line engineer

My co workers are great though i get on very well with them,

It is impossible to get experience in this place and i will be leaving as soon as possible,
Pros
Cons
everything
Interesting and varied
NSS (Current Employee) –  London3 December 2015
Cabinet Office has been a fantastic place for me to work and grow, and have many cherished memories. However now I have relocated I do need to find a job closer to home so I will be sad to leave.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Long Hours
making sure mail was safe
Driver (Former Employee) –  london14 October 2015
delivering documents to the hands of relevant people
co-workers always worked as team
in some circumstances I did very long hours
chauffeured high ranking civil servants