CVS Group Employee Reviews

The Village Animal Hospital - Caterham - best place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Caterham, Surrey17 October 2019
The hospital in Caterham and its supporting branch's are not just a team but a family. Our clients and their pets are at the heart of everything we do alongside our colleagues. Clients, colleagues, care.
Great place to work that is fast paced and supportive. Amazing benefits.
Management are fantastic being progressive, supportive and treat you a person not just an employee. All the team are valued from vets to receptionists and career progression is supported and encouraged.
The first solace work wise I have been truly happy.
Do not work for CVS Caterham
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Caterham, Surrey28 September 2019
Most awful company I have ever worked for!!!

I was bullied to the acknowledgement of my own work colleagues. I suffered a very personal issue in which the manager decided to tell other people. I was bullied and not offered enough support. I can't believe the social climbing manager has gotten away with. I should have sued! bullying work culture, long hours, dirty practice, over priced. Ashamed to have worked for such a company.
Employee focused
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea27 September 2019
CVS are very much employee focused and comply to fair treatment of staff.

I was unable to continue my duties as an RVN in the practice I worked at, but CVS did everything they could to try and find an alternative. I ended up being promoted to Practice Manager in another practice. This would not have happened if my original practice had not been acquired by CVS.
Mi resumen de valoracion es bastante bueno en general.
tecnico de laboratorio (Current Employee) –  cambridge17 September 2019
Se trabaja en un ambiente agradable y distendido. El trabajo es ameno y muy interesante. La empresa en internacionalmente reconocida y muy bien valorada. Me encuentro muy bien en mi trabajo pero desearia volver a mi pais.
Pros
Estabilidad total de trabajo.
Cons
El sueldo y la distancia a mi pais de origen.
Good perks of the job, local teams/management lovelly
HRVN (Current Employee) –  Devon16 September 2019
Having worked for CVS for 7 years (previously been employed by independent) I can see the good and bad points of both. The good definitely outweighs the bad with lots of access to online courses, mindfulness, charity of the year, out of work schemes like shopping vouchers and gym flex. Both areas I have worked in have a good management team and the recent salary restructure shows that the company is moving in the right direction with regards to nurses pay, some of my colleagues in other co-porates are way below on pay.
Yes some of the co-porate things are annoying such as not being able to order from certain companies but overall I would choose CVS over the other companies just because they do listen to the mere mortals in the practices and you see them roiling out the improvements
Pros
Goood support and CPD
Cons
Not being able to order form where ever you like!
Don’t care about staff
Head nurse (Former Employee) –  Scotland16 September 2019
As a company they preach it’s all about the staff and team work but reality is it’s about money and at the cost to the clients service and the staff. I suffered mental illness due to bullying and was treated like I was the problem because it’s all about the easy options to them and my experience before that was generally do as your told or go, even if you were just trying to get the best care for your patients and clients - money is all they care about
Dedicated to improving clients current situation, profitibility, service, support.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Laboratories13 September 2019
I very much enjoy working for the labs as top of the agenda is the customer which can be very much lost in many companies now.

Anyone can offer products or a service and yes they have their unique USP's but the main differentiator is the personal side, the service and aftercare. I believe we excel here or at least strive to.

What does this mean to me, in my position. Commitment and confidence!

I do and have recommended friends to work for CVS and have had great feedback. Join us :-)
Fantastic company
Head Veterinary Nurse (Current Employee) –  South East12 September 2019
Cvs have the employees at the centre of their company. There are lots of employee benefits and as a employee you feel valued and listened to. With their support network continually growing there are lots of avenues for career progression, training and job satisfaction! Highly recommend!!
Pros
Lots of employee benefits; annual bonus, Perkbox (an app for cvs employees with lots of discounts and offers) cycle to work policy, buy and sell holiday scheme, and lots more!
Cons
I honestly have none, it’s a great company - the best I have worked for out of the corporate and independent practices
Not the best company to work for....
RVN (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex11 September 2019
CVS is a large company that gives the impression it doesn't really care about their staff. They offer a good share scheme and we have a fair amount of holiday days. But the pay is poor, the salary people receive after doing training and learning skills is not good enough. Other Practices in this area offer quite a bit more. The management team is not that approachable. Hours that we work aren't bad, but not enough gratitude and rewards for hard work. Not sure I want to work for a big company like this for long term future.
Pros
variety of shifts
Cons
Poor salary
Best job so far
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk10 September 2019
I work for CVS groups online pharmacy, animed direct.
I have to be honest. The team I work in are the most understanding, friendly and bonkers bunch I've worked with. It's always a joy to come in and have a laugh whilst doing the job at hand.
The money is not the best but it beats alot of other jobs. Been part of cvs means that if I ever get bored of my job there are many other areas of pet related work i can go into.
Overall 4 star to work for
Amazing company to work for, I couldn't wish for more
Practice Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent6 September 2019
I'm really proud to work for CVS, amazing animal care, amazing staff, amazing benefits and progression prospects. All good, I would highly recommend working for CVS
Employee Benefits and Career Opportunity
Practice Director (Current Employee) –  Suffolk6 September 2019
Having worked for CVS for 15+ Years, I am actually a RVN and
I have had plenty of career development and opportunity. The Company offers fantastic benefits to its employees new
ones appear to be evolving all the time
The New Graduate scheme for vets is absolutely fantastic and gives all newly qualified vets a good solid platform of development as they start their careers getting into the swing of practice life.
I don't think CVS are given enough credit to be honest, and what a great company they are, things don't always run smoothly, that's life. However its what we do about the hurdles and CVS always overcome them and are turning to its employees for their opinions which means so much.
I know people that have gone to work for other corporates and have promptly left as promises were not kept.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Comp Salary and New Graduate Scheme
Many Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  England6 September 2019
I have had many opportunities for training and progression since I started with CVS. Mostly a supportive management structure within my division. Relatively fair pay and fair opportunities. Many company benefits.
Pros
Perk box, discounted pet fees, training, progression
Cons
Too corporate occasionally, poor communication
Supportive and progressive
Veterinary Surgeon (Current Employee) –  South London, Greater London6 September 2019
I have worked within CVS for just under a year and so far have nothing bad to say about the company or my colleagues

In the past I have left positions as I have felt overly stressed and burnt out however this is not the case here. My day consists of doing what I love, and I am always well supported by my colleagues in the practice, along with managers/directors higher up in the company. Work/life balance is very important to me as it is to many others and I can safely say that I feel valued working at CVS. Some days are busier than others, every day is different although the one constant factor is support (and laughter!) and I feel that there is always someone I can talk to or something that can be done to put my mind at rest. The above-average holiday benefit also means there is always a break to look forward to!

I have seen some reviews that have been lashing out at some managers and that all the company cares about is profit. This is a business so it does need to make money but CVS genuinely values their people and they are always finding ways to improve and develop clinically.
Pros
Excellent holiday package
Cons
some long days
Worst company to work for
Animal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgnorth, Shropshire30 August 2019
Appalling management & bullied if you query anything to do with wages and contract.
Will employ people to do job Roles in which they are not qualified which then causes employee problems with wages and overtime.
Management are the worst
Vet Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 August 2019
I worked at a multi site practice in Cambridgeshire and loved the people I worked with but then a new practice manager and it all went wrong. With several good staff leaving in a short space of time and feedback given as to reasons why they left I am surprised that CVS don’t take it seriously. An attempt to bully and demoralise was prevented as I left! Management need to realise that these small time practice managers are lazy and awful
Management issues and no work/life balance
RVN (Former Employee) –  London South East, Greater London26 August 2019
Unsure whether it is specific to my practice or CVS practices in general but management do not seem to understand how short staffed we are and when requests are made about anything, it takes a lifetime to see those things happen. Very concerned about budget and not concerned enough about new equipment (basics like cleaning equipment and kennel equipment). We only had rotas one week in advance and the shifts were regularly changed the night before, making a social life impossible to maintain, as well as being an inconvenience to family life.
Pros
Thought SVN training and newly qualified RVN time, I got lots of hands on experience and met some lovely colleagues and clients
Cons
No work life balance, complete lack of support from management when dealing with rota issues, equipment faults and complaints against members of staff
Hideous, bullying company. Worst job ever.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South8 August 2019
Worst job I’ve ever had. Poor management skills. Was bullied and harassed and management did nothing to stop it. Expected to do more than job spec. Made me ill with stress. After I left head office wasn’t notified and took me nearly 2 months to get my correct final details sorted.
Pros
Discounted vets bills
Cons
Everything else
My take on cvs
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom5 August 2019
My colleagues and clients were lovely but that wasn't enough to make me stay unfortunately.
The salary is poor, it doesn't matter how much experience you have or your age (As if the company puts one age bracket on minimum wage, surely we should all be on minimum wage). However a higher wage to show you value staff would be better!
Line manager not very approachable and hardly ever seen, so not really a manager.
It does feel like some practices care more for profit overall rather than customer service.
It is quite a disorganised company to work for, I wouldn't recommend as to them you are a number rather than a valued member of staff.
Cons
Poor salary, unsociable hours, lack of communication
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk26 June 2019
I felt unappreciated and bullied by my boss, who watched my every move. I was only able to relax and carry out my tasks when she left the office.

A friend of mine started after me in another department and left before me. She still has not recovered from the experience.

The staff turn over is huge, which speaks volumes. I have learned a very tough lesson and l hope others can learn from my experience. Unless you have skin as thick as leather and a general pessimistic outlook without a care for your own happiness, do not apply for a job at CVS, unless, of course, you are happy to turn into someone with those riveting attributes.
Pros
Cheaper vet bills
Cons
Very unhappy place to work .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Group. Our community is ready to answer.