CVS Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Norfolk13 July 2018
I feel very valued working here at CVS. I have a great team around me and I feel extremely proud to be part of a successful group that places such a strong emphasis on valuing and developing our people, delivering clinical excellence and exceptional client care. The flexible working opportunities on offer are the best I've ever experienced and the many other benefits on offer are fantastic!
The support teams work tirelessly to help us and everyone is extremely helpful and friendly.
Absolutely no care for staff, driven purely by profit
Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom10 July 2018
So far my experience of working under CVS has been quite negative. After being promised "everything will stay the same" and "we're not target driven" I have come to understand exactly how this company operates - sadly they are primarily focused on money rather than the wellbeing of their staff. They cream the profits off everything - charging practices more for their lab and crematorium. The sheer volume of acquisitions has driven this company into the ground with very little support from Head Office (owing to their recruitment and staff retainment issues) most of the positive reviews are from Regional Directors, desperately trying to promote CVS as a "great company to work for" it's very sad times indeed that a company so large fails to recognise basic good management and as a result staff feel undervalued, under pressure and demoralised.
Pros
Reasonable holiday and sickness allowance. Decent training opportunities
Cons
Down- trodden by poor middle management, lack of support. Pay for my particular role is dismal.
Great Company to work for
Head Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cornwall4 July 2018
Working for CVS has saved my career, after 10 plus years as a nurse i was getting bored with veterinary life then CVS came along and i can truly say they saved my career, i have loved working for a big company and being involved with the decision making of practice life. I like the structure of a big company it gives an idea on how you can progress up the ladder and thats something nurses have trouble with in the past - I feel very valued and supported.
The bonus scheme is amazing
Pros
Many many benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Life as Regional Director with CVS
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Devon and Cornwall2 July 2018
I joined CVS and the industry in Jan 2017, From day 1, I could feel the passion and desire in the company to do the very best for the animals and clients. I had a structured induction period and learnt very quickly that the culture of a Caring Business ran throughout the company.
CVS has given me the opportunity to develop my multi-site skills, but also encouraged me to use my experience from other industries and bring these to CVS.
Long hours in the car, as with any multi-site role, but spending time with my teams in practices to develop their skills and the level of care that we delivers is one of the most enjoyable pieces of the job
Great support from the other Regional Directors means that there is always someone there to support you, when you may need i
Pros
Freedom to develop my team and clinical services
Cons
Time in the car, but hey, part of the job!!!
Not the best company to work for
Trainee Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  England18 June 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company at all, my work/life balance went out of the window I was working all the time and I was having to pay for my travel in between practices because I didn’t drive. I was made to feel less than everyone else all the time which started to take its toll on me personally as well. I was given no warning about my probation meeting and was just told one day that I was having a meeting and that I wasn’t working hard enough even though I was working my socks off. I was always put on the spot about things that had gone wrong even if I wasn’t in on the day that the mistake happened. The pay was awful it definitely isn’t enough for the amount of stuff that you had to deal whether it was the long hours, the job itself or the staff members. You would never get a full lunch you’d always get called to do something, if they over booked on stuff you’d had to do all of it and you’d get the backlash if anything ever went wrong.I throughly enjoyed the job itself it’s just a shame about that it all went wrong.
Pros
The animals, the job itself.
Cons
Hours, travel and pay.
Flat recruitment process
Business support (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk12 June 2018
The culture shows signs of stress, and classic fast growth strain, (disgruntled employees at meet and greet) no doubt there are some really good opportunities. However, withdrew from the application process after a haphazard interview (not prepared for me, but expected me to be prepared) and a luke warm reception( one interviewer left mid way through initial meeting). When you are seeking talented people I think it's critical you are prepared and aligned at every point of the process this organisations maturity level is not yet sophisticated enough to understand the importance of presentation of its brand on the employee side. This was the impression I was left with.
Pros
Good salary for location
Cons
Not able to translate vision and values
A great job offering great opportunities for the future
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon24 May 2018
CVS is a big company with thousands of employees enjoying a diverse range of roles. So every bodies day is different. The local practice teams are fantastic and everybody works hard to deliver excellent clinical standards and the best in client care.
Like most jobs people work very hard every day , but pay and benefits are good and the company values its employees.

Job stability is excellent and there are plenty of opportunites for promotion.
Pros
fantastic practice teams
Cons
Many hours spent in the car
Exciting times for professionals seeking to be the best they can be
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  South East24 May 2018
It’s great to be working for such a forward thinking, innovative, and rapidly growing corporate organisation who position their core values around its people (staff), clients / patients, and clinical excellence - something which remains at the heart of CVS (UK) Ltd.

A constantly evolving culture which sees its employees, operating at all levels, and spanning the many different functions within the group, encouraged to share their ideas and perform in their roles with autonomy and confidence.

CVS (UK) Ltd is a great place for those individuals seeking to foster a professional career in the world of veterinary services - for both clinical and non-clinical personnel alike - with personal development, and very real (transparent) career development, available to all who strive to be the best in their field and aspire to grow within the large family that is CVS (UK) Ltd.

A business who have managed to retain their identity, amidst massive expansion, and who encourage the same of their network of clinical practices, resulting in the provision of quality local services and patient care - nationwide - delivered by highly skilled teams with a true local / community identity.

Now feels like a very exciting time to be part of the continued CVS journey...
Pros
Very visible and varied career path options, supportive management framework, all employees are given a voice
Cons
Central support function challenges brought about by rapid company expansion
Great opportunities
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  West of England23 May 2018
Having in worked in practice CVS have provided me with great opportunities to develop my career.
The culture has been positive throughout and looks for the best ways to improve practices and look after their staff.
I would recommend CVS to anyone looking to work in the veterinary industry.
Pros
Good work life balance.
An honest review...
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk16 May 2018
I have worked for a number of companies that do not care about their staff and purely care only about their financial gain. CVS has differed from these and is a breath of fresh air in comparison.

Offering more flexible working, genuinely encouraging professional development and to also allow you to take your annual leave - which trust me is a first!

My colleagues are incredibly friendly and approachable (no matter of their seniority within the business) and there is a professional but relaxed atmosphere that makes it a joy to work here.

The hardest part of working at CVS is keeping up with the sheer growth of the business, however I would much rather work for a successful Company that is continually growing and being a part of that continued success, rather than one that doesn't and fearing the security of my job!

CVS keep up the good work!
Excellent and Supportive Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk16 May 2018
Since I have worked at CVS I have found the company to be a great place to work. The company is supportive and has given me the opportunity to develop in my role and with the company. There is also great company benefits for members of staff.
Great company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk16 May 2018
I have worked for CVS for a number of years now, they encourage a great work life balance for me and extra support for developing my career. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!
Bad higher management
Veterinary Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Cornwall29 April 2018
No care for staff, only interested in money. Would not recommend working for this company, no wonder they are always looking for staff. Looking forward to a nicer job with more support for younger vets.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
I cannot put into words
Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 April 2018
due to certain worries I cannot put into words how awful as a sales person this place was to work when I was employed. I would not recommend sales professionals for a role here
Pros
Cons
lots
Hateful experience - the CEO cares only for the empire he is building
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk31 March 2018
It has been several years since I worked there. Examples of how the company doesn't care are numerous. It was so cold in the room some roomsthat we worked in, during winter we wore our coats all day. Gloved hands worked the keyboard. Complaints were laughed at. The social committee were given £500 a year to organise events for the staff. If they wanted better events, the staff had to pay. The staff turnover was huge. The uncaring abuser that is the main man drives his Audi R8 and lords it over everyone. Be very warey of joining this crude example of corporate scum in full effect. They make great money...and keep their staff poor. Nice.
Pros
Almost nothing
Cons
Pay, conditions, etc etc
Badly paid and they don't appreciate loyalty, only money!
Manager (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London6 March 2018
Worked here for 3.5 years. The team I work with are great but over all they only care about how much money they make and not about people investment or appreciate loyalty. I would stay away and go to a veterinary company who care about their people.
Pros
Good team on the ground
Cons
Higher management don't care about people
Bullying culture, worst experience ever
Veterinary Surgeon (Former Employee) –  South West25 February 2018
Started working last year, seemed all right until head nurse started bullying, with another person joining in. Lost all confidence, on top of that was at work all the time and felt like a slave. Exploiting employees and not appreciating any work one does (not even the extra hours/weekends). Lack of support and guidance from line manager.
Brilliant
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Surrey17 February 2018
This job is totally perfect
The only issue is the salary is low for the job, On the whole the job is very enjoyable and the company is excellent. literally a great company to work for the only thing is the wage
Pros
great
Cons
low wage
Terrible company to work for
RVN (Former Employee) –  Hampshire5 February 2018
CVS has no interest in its staff or customers further than wringing as much money out of them as it can. Permanently short staffed and as such very stressful and poor atmosphere to work in with mistakes made due to CVS unwilling to spend money hiring staff to benefit both existing staff and animals under their care. Vet nurses mainly made up by trainees on minimum wage and vets run into the ground also.
Pros
Probably better working conditions than some Chinese sweat shops
Cons
Pay, hours, working environment, management and company culture
Culture has changed in last few years
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Midlands5 January 2018
Company changed dramatically over recent years, used to be people focused, but now it is more money focused with a bullying culture that seems acceptable !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CVS Group Reviews by Location