CVS Group Employee Reviews

I cannot put into words
Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 April 2018
due to certain worries I cannot put into words how awful as a sales person this place was to work when I was employed. I would not recommend sales professionals for a role here
Pros
Cons
lots
Hateful experience - the CEO cares only for the empire he is building
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk31 March 2018
It has been several years since I worked there. Examples of how the company doesn't care are numerous. It was so cold in the room some roomsthat we worked in, during winter we wore our coats all day. Gloved hands worked the keyboard. Complaints were laughed at. The social committee were given £500 a year to organise events for the staff. If they wanted better events, the staff had to pay. The staff turnover was huge. The uncaring abuser that is the main man drives his Audi R8 and lords it over everyone. Be very warey of joining this crude example of corporate scum in full effect. They make great money...and keep their staff poor. Nice.
Pros
Almost nothing
Cons
Pay, conditions, etc etc
Badly paid and they don't appreciate loyalty, only money!
Manager (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London6 March 2018
Worked here for 3.5 years. The team I work with are great but over all they only care about how much money they make and not about people investment or appreciate loyalty. I would stay away and go to a veterinary company who care about their people.
Pros
Good team on the ground
Cons
Higher management don't care about people
Bullying culture, worst experience ever
Veterinary Surgeon (Former Employee) –  South West25 February 2018
Started working last year, seemed all right until head nurse started bullying, with another person joining in. Lost all confidence, on top of that was at work all the time and felt like a slave. Exploiting employees and not appreciating any work one does (not even the extra hours/weekends). Lack of support and guidance from line manager.
Brilliant
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Surrey17 February 2018
This job is totally perfect
The only issue is the salary is low for the job, On the whole the job is very enjoyable and the company is excellent. literally a great company to work for the only thing is the wage
Pros
great
Cons
low wage
Terrible company to work for
RVN (Former Employee) –  Hampshire5 February 2018
CVS has no interest in its staff or customers further than wringing as much money out of them as it can. Permanently short staffed and as such very stressful and poor atmosphere to work in with mistakes made due to CVS unwilling to spend money hiring staff to benefit both existing staff and animals under their care. Vet nurses mainly made up by trainees on minimum wage and vets run into the ground also.
Pros
Probably better working conditions than some Chinese sweat shops
Cons
Pay, hours, working environment, management and company culture
Thoroughly enjoy my job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Somerset26 November 2017
I enjoy working for CVS, I joined after they bought out the many independent practices so I know no different. Yes the pay isn’t great but I love what I do, no 2 days are the same. In my experience the management are very approachable and my work colleagues are great. Always the opportunity to pick up extra hours as overtime.
Pros
Being involved with the animals. Extra hours available if you want them.
Cons
Can’t think of any!
Great team, supported within role
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkshire16 November 2017
Good company to work for with good employee benefits. I feel well supported in my role, both in Practice and by senior management. Development and progression is encouraged, and the in-house training provided definitely helps with this. I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis and being amongst the excellent team we have.
Rewarding, lots of opportunities
Veterinary Surgeon (Former Employee) –  South14 November 2017
I worked for CVS for 3 years. It was challenging but really rewarding. I was promoted and allowed to work in a really flexible way (which helped with work-life balance and child care), I enjoyed the benefits of working for a larger company, like child care vouchers, gym membership and especially the 'save as you earn' scheme, which is essentially buying shares is the company. CPD was supported and I was encouraged to pursue my interests and develop my career.
Pros
Flexibiltiy
Cons
Challenging
Worst company I have ever worked for. Only care about money.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wales26 October 2017
I would not recommend CVS to anyone. We regularly had to work through lunch because of understaffing due to, according to upper management, lack of income. They do not give overtime pay and taking time in lieu is nearly impossible. Upper management seem concerned only with bringing in money and encourage staff to book as much as possible regardless. Quality and care seem merely lip service. Just take a look at the staff turnover in many of their Welsh practices; not good at all.
Pros
The days go by very quickly due to low staff levels
Cons
Regional and upper management
Lots of support
Vet Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Nottingham26 October 2017
I work with with a fantastic team on a day to day basis and we are backed up with good support from the field and support office including HR and finance. It's great knowing that I always have someone to call when I have an issue.
Awful
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire23 October 2017
Awful company to work for! Soulless with the main focus being money. Awful, just awful. Poor salary, long hours. Save yourself the hassle and keep supporting the few independent practices that are still going and actually care about their patients and clients.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Management is terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk20 October 2017
This is a terrible company to work for. The pay is poor and the Managers and colleagues are rude and patronising.I dont know how they get away with it.
Pros
None!
Cons
Treats employees like garbage
A good employer
Veterinary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire3 October 2017
I worked for my practice before we were bought out by CVS and since they did we have only have good changes like more training and a total refurb of the practice! Day to day not much has changed and I have had an amazing manager the past two years so have no complaints at all!
Great Progression and Culture
Registered Veterinary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 October 2017
Really happy with the pay I receive compared to my last practice. I love the people I work with and we are all focused on our patients.
CVS has helped me train up to a head nurse and offers me good career prospects. Friendly bunch and the wider company is always willing to help out.
Not the best
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shropshire25 September 2017
No work life balance and wages not the best, however where I worked the management were first class as were my colleagues, it's just unfortunate that small practices are being swallowed up by large organisations.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Worked at the support office in Diss, great people for the vast majotity. Streasful at timesbdue to large acquisitions but rewarding and challenging.
Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk24 July 2017
All in all, a great place to work. I enjoyed my time enormously. CVS is at the forefront of delivering excellence to get owners and the support office staff ensure the practices can deliver this by maintaining a high standard of work. It was challenging but enjoyable and the people were for the vast majority, a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Lots of employee benifits
Cons
Expected to go above and beyond your job role with no reward too often
Great team, lovely place of work
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire3 May 2017
I would just like to
Broaden my horizons and improve my skills even further and use what I've already got too. I work well on my own or in a team and always go that extra mile to get my work done or help colleagues when needed. I enjoy a challenge and learning new techniques to help with my workload is always good.providing an excellent service also to the client is paramount.
Pros
Dealing with pets and clients
Cons
Not all staff work as a team.
Terrible pay
Veterinary Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2017
This company only cares about money, not their staff nor their patients.
There is no career progression unless you want to be on a terrible salary. There is an awful hierachy system and the people who actually work in Practice are not listened to or apreciated.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Terrible pay
Not a great place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 March 2017
Boiler room.
to be fair to the company, I don't think the manager was very good.

I left pretty quickly and found a much better job.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Boiler room

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7