CGI Group Employee Reviews

Found 96 reviews matching the search See all 2,599 reviews
Happy enviroment, but always professional
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgend30 September 2013
All my working life I have dealt with general public. This is role I am, and always will be comfortable with. I am able to converse with all social calibre's.
On a daily basis I apply....
Adaptable
Empathic
Hard Working
Reliable
Sense of humour
Pros
Making friends not just working with colleagues
Cons
Full time
Stressful position
Training & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, WLS19 August 2013
Typical day at work started at 7.45 due to the fact that I had to maintain 3 peoples workload.
I have obtained several skills and lots of experience during my time with Logica, such as ITIL, Prince 2, ISO Management, Quality Control, further qualifications in Training.
Management was poor, most of the management pulled against each other rather than together to get to the one common objective. The management was too involved in making names for themselves rather than helping their teams achieve their targets.
Hardest part of the job was managing stress and tasks with unrealistic deadlines.
Enjoyable part of the job was training the new employees, with the training materials I wrote and maintained.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Long Hours, Unfair conditions in the workplace.
Terrible
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, WLS17 July 2013
I would advise you not to go and work for Logica, terrible atmosphere incompetent management I could go on and on, for example when I worked there 15 people walked out in one day, says it all really.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
everything else
Encouraging Place of Work
Customer Service & Fraud Agent (Current Employee) –  Bridgend27 June 2013
Each day is managed by a scheduling team so you can plan in advance what you are working so you can plan your personal life, it is very organised. Ive learnt alot about Customer needs as well as the needs of the business too.
The management stricture is very open planned and they are all easily approachable.
There is a diverse mixture of staff from all walks of life so may cultures mix and work together daily to attain what is required of staff
I do enjoy coming to work as teh company are committed to the staff and making and creating a fun working enviroment to also create a productive team/department
Pros
Good Procedures & Policies
Cons
Job Uncertainty
My first ever job
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  ENG26 June 2013
The first job that I had after graduating from Aston University.
Good working Enviroment
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, WLS21 June 2013
Great Team environment with good spirits.
Good Management.
Cgi
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Bridgend30 May 2013
Working at CGI is quite agreeable.
I currently work via a local agency and enjoy it, although there concerns at present about job security.
Nice working environment but quite disjointed landscape
Technical Design Authority (Current Employee) –  UK13 November 2012
A good company to work for in my opinion. Professional, friendly and generally a nice place to work.

Their ethos of "Smart working" was quite frustrating as they preferred you not to travel to client site unless it was extremely necessary. In the role that I perform, I like to work closely with my clients and forge strong relationships in order to derive the best solutions. This approach obviously didn't fit in with the Logica view of working practices.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
typical disjointed processes that most big companies suffer from
Nive place to work - good atmosphere..
H'phone and broadband tech support (Former Employee) –  hughes park3 October 2012
I enjoyed my time at Logica. good comaradery and a relaxed workplace. helpful staff too...
Pros
godd team spirit..
Cons
none..
wanted there moneys worth
sales, retentions, collections, customer service (Former Employee) –  south wales17 September 2012
Not the best company to work for, left hand not knowing what right is doing.
Pros
bonus
Cons
working hours, pay and training systems
Productive, fun and happy workplace.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgend23 August 2012
On a day to day basis I fulfil the general duties involved in working within an office environment, this includes, answering the phones, dealing with clients liaising with I Headteacher’s and Examining Bodies. I also take part in weekly conference calls, as a part of this process I minute the calls and then prepare the reports to forward onto relevant agencies. I can work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines. This demonstrates I work as a strong team member not just within the team but dealing with administration issues for Logica. I relate well to a variety of people and communicate on a variety of levels as we deail with number of different people.
I love the fact that everyday I work as part of a team.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
Talented People but disappointing company performance.
Service Development Director (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 August 2012
Logica has been bought out by CGI after a disappointing performance in 2011, despite laudible aspirations to integrate people, business and technology. The downturn in market sectors since 2008 did not help a company that still retains a very talented workforce. Intending to realign to address market changes, this company will focus on growth in the outsourcing business.
Pros
talented workforce
Cons
underperformance
IT Trainer/Count center manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh30 June 2012
Very little time as only a 2 week contract but very productive company.
Pros
flexible
Cons
contract work not permanent
Productive and pleasant workplace
Administrative Assistant/Post Room (Former Employee) –  Southwark Street, London22 June 2012
I enjoyed my employment at Logica for a number of reasons. A typical day at work was fast-paced and enjoyable. There were a range of employees; of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds. The managers were friendly, considerate, and interested in me as a person as well as a professional employee/team member.
Pros
opportunity to work independently and with a team also.
Cons
arduous and sometimes repetitve tasks.
Friendly, enjoyable place to work.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgend19 June 2012
Working in a fast paced environment, the work can be repetitive but the people who work in the company are extremely friendly and always willing to help, there is always an oppertunity to progress further and undergo training.