CGI Group Employee Reviews

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 2,576 reviews
Effective business model for maintaining results
Director Consulting (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 November 2018
As well as being a great place to work CGI has a great management foundation enabling it to grow and make competitive levels of margin. Usual range of opportunities that you'd expect from a global organisation of this scale.
non ethical to report on previous employer
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Home worker - Base office Reading4 October 2018
non ethical to report on previous employer - Not prepared to divulge confidential information and current of past employers, due to equivalence and code of ethics.
Pros
non ethical to report on previous employer
Cons
non ethical to report on previous employer
Hard
Accountants Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2018
Was good money, commute wasn't too bad and I learned many types of accounting skills. I learned many of my Excel skills here but I would never go back.
Test Management - Smart Metering
Systems Integration Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey6 June 2018
Commercial / contractural test awareness, and key person in Systems Integration Test team for securing and implementing the Test Strategy. I have a large team of around 40 testers and 4 test managers that Direct Report into me. Hardest part one the job is controlling change, as the customer changes their mind.However, this is also the most enjoyable part of the job, as the challenge to either work with the customer to give the most appropriate test methodology is both exciting and satisfying.
Pros
lots of testing work
Cons
old fashioned testing
Flexible Employer
Digital Consultant (Former Employee) –  Various13 March 2018
My experience of CGI was varied. I joined CMG which became Logica then CGI. Lots of cultural and organisational change all of the time and with CGI an annual reorganisation of leadership and teams.

Job opportunities were predominantly excellent for most of my career but dried up in London towards the latter in the Digital Transformation space. The hardest part of my role became the travel. You have to be very flexible and manage autonomously so it became preferable to work for oneself.

The most enjoyable part of CGI was the variety of roles and opportunity as well as those people involved. I was fortunate to always work with great teams, individuals and on site with customers - it felt like a new job every time.

Also, CGI was a strong supporter of part time work and home working which enabled me to remain involved for so long. I was also able to extend my learning through mentorship, coaching and community volunteer work which is a real plus point to realising personal achievement and success.
Pros
CSR volunteering. Holiday allowance and flexible working.
Cons
Limited client work opportunities. Under paid.
Excellent work life balance
Oracle HCM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Didsbury, Greater Manchester21 February 2018
Ability to work from home is great, but can be a challenge giving up if you are looking to progress elsewhere. When taking into consideration any further roles, put a price on peace of mind and savings on commuting when looking to move on.
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
I was there for over 20 years, and generally found the people good to work with. There was a good range of propjects and clients. Since I left Logica, the company has now merged with CGI.
Payroll Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 November 2017
It was a long time ago now but I remember learning about new processes and there was always an opportunity to learn more if you wanted to.

Nice place to work,
Pros
Free cake
Challenging
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2017
BPO model was not always conducive to long term career development. If your project had a long term contract in-place and a healthy budget, career enrichment was available.
Pros
Diverse projects
Cons
Lack of disciplines
worked when known as Logica
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, UK4 October 2017
Was an amazing experience, worked with a lot of great people on interesting projects all over the world. As a consultant I got to travel but not the advancement
excellent
senior analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol3 October 2017
Good dedicated group of people.
Wide ranging services and customer base.
Internal systems not given the investment available to revenue earning systems.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
location
CGI is not a safe place to work
Governance & Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  London24 September 2017
The company is not designed to create a safe and inspiring workplace. you are only there to follow orders and are at the mercy of a current manager which also may change at any time with no warning.
Career advancement only really possible in commercial functions
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  London25 August 2017
Unless you are involved in a role that actively generates revenue, career advancement is likely to be slower. Company structure and rewards are heavily skewed towards these functions.

A lot of roles are very flexible with working location / hours - home working is common.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Limited progression for some roles
Atrocious company
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2017
This company is comprised, in equal parts of the following types of people:

1. Highly technical, astute and capable types who lack the business sense to move to a better company

2. Naive, smart, young, ambitious types who will leave or get poached after a single assignment

3. Totally inept laggards who have created comfortable cliques

Pay is average. Perks are poor. You are treated like a battery hen and expected to lay golden eggs. There are hawks looming to steel your thunder at every opportunity. I have direct experience of them lying through the proverbial teeth to win contracts. There is no team spirit. Everyone is out for themselves. Get with the in crowd or get out. Fast.
Pros
Cons
Toxic environment. Some excellent people but they will leave soon.
Fantastic environment for career development
Senior Wintel Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgend4 July 2017
really enjoyed working for CGI the only downside was the salary bands and how you get an incremental rise that would take years to get to where I would be satisfied.
Pros
great benefits, ITIL based proceedures
Provides a Good Step-Up Into Professional IT
I.T Technical Analyst/Deputy TL (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend28 June 2017
Good starter company for those new to the IT profession. However, due to this the companies pay structure leaves alot to be desired. Provides good avenues to progress within company.
Pros
Good Job Progression Possibility
Cons
Salary
Very good way to get into IT
Service Desk Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend, UK11 June 2017
Easy company to get your foot in the door in the IT industry. Very difficult to progress further within the company or to get paid competitively. Not very public transport friendly.
Great starting role in IT
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2017
All about charging to the client - sometimes feel disconnected from the company.

Unfortunately some managers will only give you a chance on a role if they like you not based on merit.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
salary not comparable to competitiors
Productive and collaborative
Technical Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  London17 May 2017
Day would involve working on projects implementing solutions to clients. Workplace culture is friendly, Colleagues I worked with made work enjoyable.
Really professional and relaxed atmosphere. Management is friendly and very trusting and opportunity to work from home was really valued.
dying on its feet outside of Canada
Business Development Director (Current Employee) –  London6 May 2017
CGI took on Logica, stripped it of its assets and is now flogging a dead horse. They do not pay their sales people bonuses anymore and lack the capability to sell their business!. Incredibly poor management and general sense of desperation across the business. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
they offered voluntary redundancy
Cons
you wont find out how bad things are till you join

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.