CBS Butler

CBS Butler Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews
To sum CBSbutler up with one word would be OPPORTUNITY.

Having worked for CBSbutler most of my adult life I can tell you they make significant investments in staff development with internal and external training programmes and career promotion of existing staff. Starting as an assistant and now managing a department I have experienced first-hand promotions and college based learning courses. I have been offered many rewards and awards for my hard work and taken advantage of the on-site gym facility and regular social events such as meals, ‘race days’, boat trips and November firework displays! I feel I am a valued and an important member of the CBSbutler team.
CBSbutler is a great place to work, no two days are ever the same which makes it a diverse and challenging place to work. There is always a buzz round the office especially at p60. I have an excellent working relationship within all key departments and I am actually excited to come to work everyday.
I joined CBSbutler because I wanted to be part of a reputable brand who has a strong presence in the Engineering and the IT sector, I actually love my job here. I work hard, put in the hours and I am rewarded with a great commission structure

If you are looking for a job that offers growth and development then you seriously got to pick up the phone and give the internal recruiter a call, She is friendly and is open to a private discussion about any future positions.

CBSBulter is a fun, people centric, result driven company who has a very strong emphasis on Sales but they are completely transparent with that. They promise huge earning potential for those people who want to work hard and want to drive the business forward and I think that is a fair request from any company. They are open and honest with you at the interview and tell you their expectations from the start.
Pros
Great incentives, Great bonus structure, great team environment
Cons
When it snows the location of offices can be a bit tricky to get to
I have been here 4 years and progressed from Graduate Trainee to managing a team of three. There is significant earning potential with various overrides (additional earning potential) for perm only desk and dual desks, along with extensive training both internally and funded external courses. The company definitely looks after those employees who perform, and offer training and support to those that might not be performing but have the right attitude and work hard in order to perform better. The sales floor itself has a laid-back, friendly atmosphere with lots of fun people, and a good work life balance is achievable whilst still achieving significant earnings.
Pros
Holidays for those who hit annual taget.
Cons
Not enough company-funded socials.
CBS butler is a very successful recruitment business - strong client and candidate base, however they need to treat employees like adults.

Way too KPI driven

New ideas not taken on board

Needs more company events

I feel when they address these issues, it will be an environment that people like and also a place where the employees enjoy working.
Pros
Strong candidate and client base, High base salary
Cons
Poor commission structure, Too KPI Driven, Not enough social events, Need to listen to employees more
I would start work at 8.30, with 1 hour for lunch, finishing at 5.30. We all worked hard and reaped the benefits, I was producing a large amount of cv's per day all in the CBSbutler template, contracts and all admin duties were carried out on a daily basis. I gave help to the consultants whenever the needed it. I believe that having s team that fits together is so important, I spent many hours at work as did my colleagues and I felt that it was so important to get on with the people you work with, knowing that you could trust them to come in and all work as a team plus having laughs along the way, I found a sense of humour is a criteria when you spend so much of your life together. The management team most of the time were great but I did see over the years quite a lot of changes some good some bad but overall it was positive. I worked with the same Managing Director
and had nothing but respect and admiration for him. The workplace culture in support service was a good environment we worked hard and played hard. I find it hard to say what the hardest part of my job was, obvioius things come to mind i.e when staff were off sick or on holiday and the workload was a lot heavier, sometimes working longer hours but that was my own choice. I loved my job, I am a people person and have to admit I miss the camaraderie.
Pros
Bonus's twice a year, social events, prizes
Cons
Changes over the last 6 months I was there
While CBSbutler is successful in security, It reminds me of the MLS, while glamourous and looks exciting. When you analyse everything, it is all smoke and mirrors and some people look like they are making a success but thats because the standard is so low.
Like most places, Managers or senior consultants tell you it is ok to leave then or take a longer lunch but if you actually do it then they do the whole 'Can I have a quick word" act in front of everyone.

There are the typical 'lad consultants' who think recruitment is like wolf of wall street and are loud and in your face, but unlike other places where there is 1 or 2, 50% of the consultants fit the 'lad consultant' criteria, where they play pranks for example. If you leave your computer unlocked even if you are getting a drink, they will email someone in the office, something embarrassing then delete all proof which can funny if it is something stupid and you could easily tell it is someone else, but the messages that are sent make things awkward. NOT funny, or they just just spread rumours.

There is also a high turnaround there, It is either a job hoppers role so won't stay long or the resting place for slightly successful consultants who couldn't reach their full potential end up to look better.

But despite those people, there are some absolutely great people, who can turn a dark day into a bright one.

while there are worse places to work, there is 10x the amount of better places.
Pros
office looking over farm which is nice when sunny.
Cons
middle of no where, expected to stay late so managers go play golf.
Did not work directly with this Agency Company as I was recruited to work for their clients. So was not able to contact face to face which did surprised me in a way.
Pros
asking the correct questions when investigating requirements for their clients
Cons
Temporary contact did not last its course of 'Terms of Agreement'
Not a good agency to work for not supportive to their employees also a light that the contracts and there's no communication between them and their clients
Need to focus on developing and retaining staff. Old fashioned way of working with poor training and lack of brightness of future for employees
Pros
free parking
Cons
awful management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CBS Butler?