Côte Restaurants Employee Reviews

Was my first job
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames, Greater London6 November 2019
I really appreciate what I learn on Cote, was like my second family when i start there but after a couple of years and i think so even now the situation is really bad, i still have friends work for them that are not really happy
Incredible
Chef (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire15 October 2019
Work in the Harrogate restaurant and is probably the worst working experience in my life.Very bad management and terrible kitchen staff.Not very organised and very stressful
Just awful time wasters. Keep out!!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  St Martin Place8 October 2019
High expectations and fake values.
Afterall you are just a number and MUST do anything for your guests.
If you have no dignity and integrity then it's the right place.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset23 September 2019
I start organizing all things for a good service.I have learned several things about hospitality.In this restaurant there is very good administration for both schedules and salary.
Not payd enough for the job u do
Waiter/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Hampstead16 September 2019
.bad rotas. Managers don't care about staff. They are pushing staff to work extra,you are paid but not enough for all the things they ask. Hampstead is the worse.
If you are looking to progress in hospitality, Côte is the one for you.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom8 September 2019
I started in Côte as a waiting team member just over two years ago, before progressing to Supervisor and then Assistant Manager via Cote’s Internal ‘Career Pathway’ programmes.

In terms of pay, benefits to staff members and training and development Côte truly is second to none. The development opportunities available not only to myself as a manager, but that are available to team members on all levels are brilliant.

A great discount scheme, both internally and with external companies and offers that are unrivalled in the industry at the moment. Training and tasting budgets give great opportunities to see your staff members learn and grow. The company’s exceed culture is incredible, and you are provided the resources to go above and beyond for your team and guests.

The food and brand image are clear, and Côte is passionate about delivering consistency and a great experience time and time again. It is hard work, it’s hospitality after all and you are expected to invest a lot. However, what you give gets returned ten-fold and if you are prepared to work hard and invest time and effort you will reap the rewards- there are constant opportunities to grow, develop and progress in Côte.

Would 100% recommend this company for anyone who is serious about a career in hospitality.
Pros
Unrivalled training and development opportunities, great staff discount and perks
Cons
Long hours and hard work- but it’s hospitality!
Good
Head Waiter / Supervisor in training (Current Employee) –  Haywards Heath3 September 2019
It was a nice place to work, friendly and food progressing opportunities. Only downside is hours and a lack of social life. This is a single persons job.
Good job and food
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Farnham, Surrey2 August 2019
Very bussy restaurant, good food, amaizing people, good team work, meat is amaizing, grill chef is incredible good worker and very fast! Is noce to be part of team
waitress
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire18 July 2019
make good coffees
take orders
busy days
fullhouse evenings
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad salary
Expect More...they do
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks19 June 2019
The motto of the company is Expect More, and they really do. From a business perspective this is great. However as an employee it is a little too much.
Pros
Ok staff food
Cons
Tronc
Do not work here
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire3 June 2019
I did a trial shift at my local Côte restaurant. Don’t get me wrong it was a lovely place and the food looked beautifully served. I decided to give it a go and see whether I liked it or not. So i did a 4-11 shift and was not offered a break. I spoke to the other waiters and waitresses and they said that it was too busy to ever have a break and you do not even get paid for it. So you’re basically working half an hour free. By the end of your shift you are starving. The atmosphere was cold and the management was so rude and arrogant. When I said I didn’t think it was for me he told me to go and get a job at pizza express where I would be wanted and threw my uniform at me as I walked out the door. If you are not willing to be two-faced to these people then I wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no break, don’t get paid for carrying on continuously and rude staff and management
Bad bad people
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey9 May 2019
Main complaint is the way customers are being allowed to be rude, over-demanding and generally grumpy cheapskates. If you love your job avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
Amazing experience
Serveuse en restauration (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester4 April 2019
This is the best place I've been working for ! The team is so helpful and made me really confidence for a first time as a waitress. There is a lot of food tasting and also a learning book which allow you to progress in your work... thank you for everything
No Respect
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Limeyard Ealing, Greater London17 March 2019
No respect from anyone.
They identify your weaknesses never your strengths.
Minimum wage not £8+ an hour.
They don’t train you.
Tips are great.
Lack of trust.
No progression opportunities.
Complicated shift patterns.
If you go there as a guest then they are quick to rush you out the door (only if you are working there). Sometimes you are not allowed to eat there even if it’s quiet.
I highly would not reccomend this job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, management tend to dehumanise you a lot, the team are terrible, no trust
Caring and respectful
Host (Former Employee) –  Windsor15 February 2019
Management were particularly great. They treated everyone as an equal and sorted out any disputes very professional. Would happily work for them again
A good place to work in
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2019
It is a good company to work for with lots of benefits, very good career progression, professional people. Management is very friendly and professional, what separates Cote from other companies is the very high standards and focus on the guest experience, staff is encouraged to exceed guest expectations every day.
Pros
Staff food and drinks, rota requests
dicrciminatary work culture
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  guildford17 November 2018
primarily polish and italian speaking staff throughout kitchen and front of house i was working here and was the only english chef who was fluent english working in an enviroment where everyone speaking in foreighn languange was my worst experience being in a kitchen , as an english speaking member of staff i struggled greatly too communicate at work with colleuges, no weekends off
difficult customers shared tips ,
Pros
free food
Cons
bad culture
Nice place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire10 September 2018
Good place to work. Nice coworkers managment . You can learn a lot of things here. I was really hapy to work in Cote but its time to move on. The hardest thing is spending most of the life at work.
productive and fun
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Farnham, Surrey28 August 2018
Great company to work for
fantastic team
fantastic managers
lots of benefits

Great money
great tips (obviously) depending on how you do your job
Pros
free lunches
Well run
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Highgate, Greater London30 July 2018
I think they treat employees well and management was generally of a good standard when I worked there.

On busier days work became harder and sometimes the management wasn't at ti's best.

Overall good work experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
pay not great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Côte Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.