Buzz Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Its a challenging job
Team assistant (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester8 July 2019
The job is ok just need a different job nearer to home
Pros
No but you get discounts
Cons
Used to be a good company to work for
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester2 July 2019
You have to work 6 hours before a break and you don't get overtime rates for working over contract hours or bank holiday ,but we get discounts of meals when we are in on a full day and evening shift
Fun to place to work
Customer host (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire12 May 2019
Fast paced environment in the evenings. The pay is good and team members are very welcoming. Managers are very caring and understanding. Some departments can be boring and drag out. Cant really fault the job.
Pros
Good food discounts
Cons
Very unsocial hours
Great people but false promises
Host (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire12 May 2019
At first I was really excited for the role as I am a grafter and don’t mind unsociable hours , especially working with great people . One particular role I knew be too stressful so I requested if it be possible not to be in that position. This was agreed before employment began , as I spent 85% of the time in this department I was promised not to assigned to ,my mental health deteriorated . I raised my views , concerns on a number of occasions. This was ignored time and time again after 9 months of pestering the management they still chose to ignore my situation. If they stuck to their promise I know I would of spent many years there , so if you go for a interview don’t believe what they say before accepting a position, management do not care about the team it’s all about £££’s sad to leave great people ( the team ) . Some polices brought in bring the team down , ALL perks removed not allowed discounted food or drinks , not even allowed to pay full price . Things like this have ruined the morale of actually a fantastic group of people . Wouldn’t surprise me if more leave in the coming months £950 a month not worth the stress to anyone, good luck to anyone who works here you’ll need it
Pros
Zero
Cons
Management don’t care
Its okay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire6 December 2018
working at buzz is good pay but long hours and a lot of hard work and dedication. the long hours can effect your personal life. However the staff act like a family in the toughest of times.
Pros
discounted food.
Cons
long hours no free time.
Don't do it, if you respect yourself
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire13 November 2018
Absolutely awful company to work for, management are Bullies, Customers are so hard done by, no benefits. No nothing!
However, if the manger likes you, you will get all the hours you want, but is quick to take them away.
Get swarn at, by Customers and management.
Management are not helpful, not nice, always take customers side.
Long 14 hour days, Hours taken off you to help management with wage percentages, or sometimes forget to pay you, if they don't like you
Pros
Cons
Management, rude customers
Dont EVER get a job here
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 October 2018
It's draining, you don't get any appreciation, most don't know what team work is. No incentives, pay is rubbish. Customers acting like are so hard done by.
Pros
Better uniform since going to buzz from gala
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage.
Awful.no life
Presenter/host (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside27 August 2018
Wages awful
Hours awful-split shifts
Management abs awful,esp the deputy manager if your face didnt fit she would try everything to make you leave even if it meant getting a disciplinary.
Not a good job if you have dependants
Dont expect a social life either
No support if you have a mental health condition
Pros
Customers
Cons
Awful pay, long hours
No life! Long hours minimum wage
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 July 2018
Applied for customer host.. I was greatly mistaken and mislead by the advertisement for this position it states no day will be the same .. I can assure you after being successful for the job you will be placed in the Diner forever more .. which basically entails running out the food to the tables, going around with your trolley collecting dishes and operating the dishwasher.. after speaking with many other employees this seems to be the norm to be stuck in the diner as the cleaner and dishwasher! 15 mins gets deducted of your wage if you clock in 3 mins early or late.. also no staff discount for lunch time on your split 14 hour shift..
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Minimun wage & no staff benefits
Very friendly workplace
Host (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire13 June 2018
Working for buzz bingo gives you a very friendly workplace and management team.
Working at buzz bingo has given me confidence and skills to learn all departments in the club.
Pros
Meals n drinks at a very small cost
Cons
16hours - 40hours
Don’t bother
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  England11 June 2018
Worked at a club for a number of years. Company started rapidly declining after a couple of bad decisions higher up which lead to a rapid decrease in customers. More stress and work load placed on staff as a result. Expected to do more or less everything with little to no training, 14 hour split shifts, regular weekend work, pay reduced to minimum wage, removed staff benefits, no extra bank holiday pay or bonuses like there used to be, Gala gold stopped, removed small breaks during shifts, constantly changing rotas, always short staffed and run off your feet because of it, the list just goes on and on. Shame really as it used to be a fairly decent company that had some sort of respect for its employees for the hard work they put in each day everyday. You are now just treated like a number as the company just focuses solely on profits rather than employee satisfaction, with your every move criticised by management. Avoid.
Pros
Customers
Cons
14 hour shifts, work/life balance, company priorities
Avoid
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North East2 May 2018
Used to be a fun place, since new management bought them out it is awful. Care more for profits (and LOTS of them) than anything else, there is no job security as new management are looking to offload some clubs. Work life balance is awful thanks to split shifts, there's 2 hours break inbetween then your back in for the evening shift. Not good for anyone with kids, or other commitments. Pay used to be decent but they have capped it at minimum wage now, after taking away all the benefits like bank holiday pay, discounts, sickness scheme etc. There was the possibility to earn more by being 'Gala Gold' and getting an extra 20p per hour, this got stopped abruptly when minimum wage went up last time due to them not realising they would be spending more on wages.
Pros
You meet some wonderful customers, become a Jack of all trades as you get moved about, could be cooking one night then selling tickets the next
Cons
Long hours, split shifts, no job security
Avoid at all costs
Host (Former Employee) –  England19 April 2018
You are expected to be available to Work every single day of the year except Christmas Day. Your rota will change every week so you don’t know what plans you can make in advance, to get a weekend off you have to use holidays because you can guarantee you are on the rota to work the weekend. The staff are expected to work 14 hour days, and constantly deal with being shouted at and spoken to badly by customers. You get no benefits and the pay is shocking. You end up working 50 hour weeks to get by, and you are ran into the ground. There is pressure on all staff because the company tries to make as much money as possible, therefore there are cuts and shifts run short staffed. You get no thanks for your commitment to the company, and after you leave you have no idea how you possibly put up with it. No extra pay for bank holidays and no reduced opening hours. Don’t be fooled by the promises the company makes, the reality is you are expected to work horrendous hours and hate your working life. You have no social life and no life outside of work, it is impossible to get a normal Work life balance. The company does not respect its employees that’s why there is such a high turnover of staff. You don’t even get a free drink you have to pay for drinks, which the prices lately have doubled just to squeeze that bit extra out of staff. Because of the long days you have no life outside of work. I genuinely can say I would never go back into such a stressful and bad job
poor
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barkingside6 September 2016
i was only contracted to do days and gala had me working all day and night for no extra pay i felt over worked and under paid, i would not recommend this company
fun workplace
all different (Former Employee) –  london2 April 2013
i enjoy working at gala, learn dealing with customers, staff we really and help u, long days, being with really nice person
Cons
long hour
Loved my job very much but it was very stressfull
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bury Lncs13 November 2012
As Assistant Manager I thought it was hard work as I ended up running the store and other members of staff was just stood around chatting all day and getting the benefits for wat I was doing. Apart from that I did love the job but unfortunatly i ended up loosing my job due to being bullied out of my position.
Pros
20%
Cons
members of staff's attitude and behavour towards myself