Buzz Group Employee Reviews

Worst place I ever worked for
Session manager (Current Employee) –  Essex10 September 2019
Management don’t care I step down from management as was not treated right gave my 12 years to them and been treated not nice them whole years but trying to get new job now
Rubbish
Host (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire9 September 2019
Not trained by the right people some staff think you are above the rest
and act like they are in charge then try go show you up when done wrong !!!!!
Not a bad place to work for
Cleaner specialist/diner staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 September 2019
A lot of lazy people. Hard work in diner. Employees do wonder off and hide and leave you to do all the work. Some management are fair others have their favorites. Some staff are bullies and think they are management.
Worse company ever!!!
Buzz bingo caller (Former Employee) –  Uk26 August 2019
Worse company ever. Shocking management, poor communication, long hours and poor staff Morel. This company offers poor wages, treats their staff with no respect and aspects them to work last minute. Avoid this company at all costs!
Dire
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 August 2019
Worked like a dog by management, doing overtime most nights with harsh disciplines for even the most minor of grievances. No one's job is even remotely safe and anyone who stays on will only ever be able to work with the systems and cannot function with change. Avoid at all costs.
Hours and pay
Bingo Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk16 July 2019
I have worked at this company for almost three years and not once have I been asked if over time was okay. They just presume you will do it. Nobody gets any thanks for the jobs that they do unless it is the same members of staff that get thanked for everything. Management do not listen to staff complaints. Especially when the complaint involves other members of staff. Every shift is a split shift working from 10am roughly to 10pm roughly. You do not get payed for a break. One of the most depressing places I have worked and hopefully I won’t be there much longer.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, basic pay, no social life
Its a challenging job
Team assistant (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester8 July 2019
The job is ok just need a different job nearer to home
Pros
No but you get discounts
Cons
Used to be a good company to work for
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester2 July 2019
You have to work 6 hours before a break and you don't get overtime rates for working over contract hours or bank holiday ,but we get discounts of meals when we are in on a full day and evening shift
Its a job
Customer host (Current Employee) –  Dundee30 June 2019
I don't have many nice to things say.
Staff can be two faced or your best friend.
Customers treat you like a servant, or like one of the family.
Some staff and customer will treat you both ways in the same shift.
Really enjoy working here
Host (Current Employee) –  Morecambe25 May 2019
Yes it can be very unsociable hours so if that isn't your thing then dont apply. However the job is great and we always have fun. Management sre helpful and look out for you and despite other reviews there is career progression as i have done that myself.
Pros
Great staff, fun theme nights
Cons
Long days, unsociable hours
Buzz Bingo
Customer Host (Current Employee) –  Poole25 May 2019
Iam currently at Buzz Bingo doing variety of jobs like Bar, Pot Wash, Front Of House. Im also being trained on ow to fix the AWP Machines and becoming a Key Holder.
Fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 May 2019
Fantastic people to work with friendly and welcoming managers are helpful and always there for you if you need something a happy place to work different departments that you can work for
Pros
75% discount
Cons
Duty manager
Not a career move
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Medway, Kent18 May 2019
I was told by management that there would definitely be room to move up in the company but soon found out this was not true.

The staff were very helpful with teaching me new things on the system and cashing up etc so I can't fault them, and the customers were generally lovely.
In general not a bad place to work, if you just want a job and not a career but if you are looking to get further, Please avoid.
Pros
Meet lots of great people, occasional treats from management
Cons
Alot of other employees there that dont really care for the job, no incentives like free meals, i was even made to pay for tea and coffee during double shifts, Split shifts with 3 hour splits were very inconvenient
Fun to place to work
Customer host (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire12 May 2019
Fast paced environment in the evenings. The pay is good and team members are very welcoming. Managers are very caring and understanding. Some departments can be boring and drag out. Cant really fault the job.
Pros
Good food discounts
Cons
Very unsocial hours
Great people but false promises
Host (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire12 May 2019
At first I was really excited for the role as I am a grafter and don’t mind unsociable hours , especially working with great people . One particular role I knew be too stressful so I requested if it be possible not to be in that position. This was agreed before employment began , as I spent 85% of the time in this department I was promised not to assigned to ,my mental health deteriorated . I raised my views , concerns on a number of occasions. This was ignored time and time again after 9 months of pestering the management they still chose to ignore my situation. If they stuck to their promise I know I would of spent many years there , so if you go for a interview don’t believe what they say before accepting a position, management do not care about the team it’s all about £££’s sad to leave great people ( the team ) . Some polices brought in bring the team down , ALL perks removed not allowed discounted food or drinks , not even allowed to pay full price . Things like this have ruined the morale of actually a fantastic group of people . Wouldn’t surprise me if more leave in the coming months £950 a month not worth the stress to anyone, good luck to anyone who works here you’ll need it
Pros
Zero
Cons
Management don’t care
great social aspects
Departmental Controller (Former Employee) –  Falkirk30 April 2019
great for younger people as a stop gap or uni students.
happy fast paced environment to work in.
pressure from above to hit targets.
money is everything.
Pros
social aspects
Cons
money grabbing
Excellent
Host (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands8 March 2019
Lovely place to work (Coventry walsgrave club) supportive and professional! I love’d working there.
They help you if struggling, care about you as an individual and coach you.
Pros
Great team, supportive management
Cons
Pay could be better
Long Hours
Session Manager (Current Employee) –  Weymouth6 March 2019
As a manager you are expected to work long days due to session times being from 9am-10pm most days. Ideal place to work to meet new people from all different backgrounds.
Like The Plague, Avoid At All Costs!
"Specialist" Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Shropshire12 January 2019
I worked at Buzz (or Gala Bingo, as it used to be called) for 3.5 years, and I was completely miserable the whole time. No chance of career progression, despite asking for the opportunity on several occasions, and managers seem totally unwilling to see if it's possible. Managers refuse to talk to you about things that affect you. Often get ridiculously long breaks of 5-6 hours, and you can't go home for that when you live 20 miles away. Often on break longer than I worked all day in total.
Pros
Funny work colleagues, some nice customers
Cons
Managers hide, a couple of annoying colleagues, long breaks, no career opportunities, having to admit to working here on CV
Absolutely terrible
Host (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire10 January 2019
I worked here for 1 year. The worst year of my life I’d say. Since working for buzz bingo my mental health deteriated massively. Although there is some nice and genuine people to work with most people are two faced and can’t wait to say something bad about you! You feel isolated! Not only was the staff rude but the managers were also appalling. The two managers who knew how to do their job were always being bossed around by their boss who was in fact was making matters worse. This is an environment for bullies to gang up on the younger team members. I wasn’t always given my contracted hours which were promised to be paid if not given to me but I never saw any money for them, they also get the hosts pay wrong 90% of the time but make sure that the managers pay is correct. Parking permits weren’t allocated to me and a few of my colleagues which resulted in parking tickets £100 a go for all of us, the company told us we would have to pay it to claim it back. They didn’t seem to understand some people can’t affoed to do that. Overall I’d say don’t waste your time, find somewhere that will respect your time and efforts.
Pros
Money is okay
Cons
Literally everything, especially the bully managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buzz Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8