Buzz Bingo

Buzz Bingo Employee Reviews

Works well as a stop gap
Starting when it was Gala this was a great company to work for! Upon leaving previously and then returning as renamed to Buzz, staff morale has gone down hill. You’re expected to have less than a weeks notice of your shifts, you are automatically put in for overtime without consent, hours can range from 11am till 3am the following day. Constantly on split shifts, expected to put extra work in without recognition.
Fun workplace
I never thought bingo was as good as a job as you would think, i love my job . My skills have developed so much from being at buzz bingo and i honestly feel a better person for it. My confidence has grown so much and it is because of the support and encouragement from managers and my team that i have overcome such a journey.
Rubbish
Wouldnt go back to buzz bingo ever again poor management have there favourites if face dont fit u woe be liked . Dont even get perks for working for the place. AVOID WORKING THERE . Its.also like big brother. Shame treat customers like dirt sometimes also
Awful Management
The job itself was very laid back and the customers were very nice. The main issue with this job is that the managers there have no idea how to speak to staff or how to run a successful team. They speak to staff like there children and there was absolutely no reward for doing a good job.
Buzz bingo summary
A good job to build your customer service experience, managing customers and keeping calm. Being very patient and always allowing the customers to be right even if they’re not.
Don't go near this place!!
Worked here for 6 months, had plenty of hours to begin with but once my living situation unexpectedly worsened, they completely washed their hands of any support for me. I was also sexually harassed and the company ignored and refused to do anything about it. Management are favouritists and very abusive to staff.
Not appreciated
Paperwork and training were lax at best, shift patterns and rotas were not thoughtful. Or put up with adequate time to plan ones life. Not receiving the 20 minutes, 'allocated' break time. Being pressured into doing multiple roles at once.
Buzz bingo
Great place to work, hours not the best very unsociable but fits in around my young children.
Great management team and very supportive as a club.

Would recommend
Typical day
The job itself is relitively easy to pick up. Very often the place is understaffed this can increase the workload of the individual quite significantly. Management range from being pro active to being stuck in the office.
Pros
Flexi working for students
Cons
Unsociable hours
Bexleyheath buzz bingo
I worked at the Bexleyheath Buzz Bingo for a little over 4 weeks
The colleagues are lovely

The managers are awful, they literally just have you running around on the floor when offered the job you’re told you’ll be learning bar, reception ect you literally just give out change for hours on your feet. New girl always gets told to do the jobs nobody else wants to do at the end of the night, I had a really big issue with managers. One manager when u started didn’t even greet me made me feel very uncomfortable like he had some sort of personal problem with me, the new manager that started after me (the main manager) was the actual reason I left, I had a family loss, was really suffering and still trying to come into work even though the mind wasn’t really there. The way this man spoke to me and tried to patronise me. Made me so angry and upset. As a manager you’re supposed to make sure your staff are well and good mentally instead he made me feel worse. Worst job I’ve ever had. Very unappreciative work place. Wouldn’t recommend
Pros
Colleagues/ food and drink staff discount
Cons
Everything else.
Disgusting
Treated like rubbish and disposable
Not given support

Rude management always on phones

No proper Training

No benefits to working here

So stressful and disgusting hours

I had no life

Never listened to

Just a number
Felt undervalued and unsupported, leadership from the top was death by email.
Lots of unhappy managers who would regularly discuss their discontent with senior leadership (behind closed doors) very sad as these managers were passionate about the business but were having the life sucked out of them.

OVERALL AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE
Avoid
I’ve never known such a toxic place to work. Harassed by management, when made a complaint, nothing was done. Harassed and abused by customers, again, nothing done.
Expected just to smile and take it.

Long working hours and split shifts.

Would not recommend this place to anyone. You are worked like a dog and made to become miserable.

Avoid at all costs if you value your social life and mental health.
Very good
Good company and wonderful staff they care about the customer and the customers experiences which is very rare the pay is good and the positions are flexible
uncompromising
Hours are short, so even low hour contracts have you working more days than not, little to no training provided, then just thrown in the deep end, newbies are given the tasks and shifts no one else wants to do, so a lot of lates and dog work. Talking to management about the problems yields little to no results.
Working for Buzz
The Job is not what you are told it is. Not enough training and stuck on 1 department all the time and no social life as the shifts are very long.
Customers can be very demanding and not supported by management
Avoid!
This place is horrific - management don’t have a clue about how to manage and even less of a clue about people’s mental health. Avoid as much as possible. They need 100 more staff and are reluctant to recruit (now I understand why!)
Always changing shifts, sometimes with no notice, no flexibility. Don’t listen when staff say they can’t work a specific time, day.

No sympathy when genuinely ill or unable to finish your shift (yes life happens). No compassion when it comes to staff having a family/ home life
Fun but can be pressured
Good place to work, no two days are the same. Varied job roles within the environment. Good team spirit, have fun whilst working. Would recommend to anyone
Host
Management was good then he moved to a bigger club and we got a new general manager she was abrupt and only cared about certain staff wouldn’t recommend it
Worst place I ever worked for
Management don’t care I step down from management as was not treated right gave my 12 years to them and been treated not nice them whole years but trying to get new job now
Rubbish
Not trained by the right people some staff think you are above the rest
and act like they are in charge then try go show you up when done wrong !!!!!