Buy It Direct Employee Reviews

Amazing Company to be a part of
Advisory (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire24 May 2018
Every day is different and you are always learning. Many departments where you can progress up and into. Management is always looking for great talent and looks after their people. The atmosphere is amazing and there is always laughter and fun to be had. Its always busy here and the growth is tremendous so never a dull moment.
Always happy to come into work to see what the future holds. Many great benefits!
Pros
Rapidly growing company always looking for great talent!
Cons
Lots going on all the time, but to me thats a good thing!
Would always recommend working at Buy It Direct!
Product Trader (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire23 May 2018
I have worked with this company just short of 3 years and thoroughly enjoy my job. Buy It Direct really support career progression and management are always helpful. I personally find that i am constantly learning and developing on the job in more ways than just work related skills. This company has helped me become more confident as a person and I feel valued in my role.There is always a lot of work to be done and everyone is always busy which can be tough at times but this is true to any workplace/growing business and everyone in the business supports each other.
Pros
Good career progression, good atmosphere, friendly/helpful management, exciting/fast pace environment.
Cons
Some employees don't appreciate everything the business does for them, this shows in their attitude and affects the dynamic of the department.
Really good place to work if you put in the effort
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire23 May 2018
A fab place to work

A great supportive sales manager makes life a lot more enjoyable and easier.

Work hard to achieve desired bonus, don't work hard and get basic pay. Targets are achievable and bonuses are good.

Advance in your career if you want to, no pressure to if you don't want it.

Good team working environment where we all get on and laugh a lot, playful banter is essential to any work place and a fully supportive team is a must for me.

I do recommend working here - get ready for a fun challenge.
Pros
wages
OK place to work
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire23 May 2018
As companies go Buy it Direct are better than average to work for. Salaries could do with being reviewed as they are at the lower end, but there are staff benefits such as subsidised canteen, staff discounts, 2 paid for company parties, paid for team building. I work in a very friendly team which works hard but has fun too. I have worked at other companies where you get much less in terms of benefits. Management do listen to employees - there is a staff forum where issues are brought up and resolved.
Pros
Good staff discount, cheap lunch
Cons
salary a bit low
Customer Service Complaints Team
Customer Service Complaints Advisor (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire23 May 2018
I love working here, it's a fast paced environment and you have to be on the ball at all times.
We have a decent layout with a good standard of equipment provided.
I have no problems speaking to management and would be happy to go to them if I had any issues.
Definitely one of the best companies I have worked for and I have recommended friends to work here.
We have good team rapport and plenty of targets and prizes to be won on a weekly basis.
Pros
Job security, great atmosphere and team
Cons
Lower rate pay for this type of work, living wage would be nice
Shocking
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire16 May 2018
do not work here, worked here for a few months and can’t believe how unprofessional and backwards the environment was, little care for customers and employees, managers heard abusing there staff and constant swearing, there’s casual racism, and everyone hates each other, horrible environment that drains you, not a place if you want a long term career, this place is not worth the time and effort
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Everything just don’t do it
Don't matter how desperate you are don't work for them
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Elland21 April 2018
Working for them is not safe, mess everywhere awfully management, people sacked without reason, they hold your overtime pay for months, all suggestions from employees are ignored
Poor management
Slave (Former Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire21 February 2018
Very poorly managed company. (Offering to fight staff in car park) Management then place the blame on warehouse staff whenever things go wrong. Sometimes found myself unloading trailers with 30kg boxes on my own. Expected to do overtime or face the sack. If u want to be treat like a mug then this is a great place to work.
Pros
none at all
Cons
Management and location
Not safe
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire20 February 2018
Management don't have a clue what they are doing, health and safety is awful in the work place. Expect you to lift 50 kilo washers on your own. Short breaks. if your not liked by team you get bullied out your job.. forced overtime or sacked, don't feel like you have a safe job, not worth the pay or the stress
Cons
Too many to list
order picker
Order Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley6 February 2018
good enjoyable work place good hours of work some heavy lifting

bad no canteen the hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting of wood furnitrue small warehouse
rubbish
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Halifax5 January 2018
worst place i have ever worked get forced into overtime or get threatened with your job. management dont even know the job pay is rubbish there is no such thing as health and safety at this company what so ever.
Pros
no pros what so ever
Cons
too many cons to list
Heavy work poor management.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire20 November 2017
Started training at first was happy with the job and environment despite a few issues with health and safety e.g working too close to reach trucks in operation being a common careless mistake people made. Management put on a false impression of themselves and what they expect from their staff and how to support new starters. In to my 4th day of training got told not to come back after making a constant line of lies and excuses after i chased them up to find out why they came to that decision. In the end they just showed how unprofessional and contradicting the company is not caring how they get rid of people they don't like even if you are hardworking and new to the job it means nothing. I would discourage anyone wanting to work here as you will only be lead to disappointment and regrets. My advice find a better job and avoid this place like the plague!!!
Pros
Short journey to work.
Cons
Bad company poor management poor health and safety
Flexible work times but terrible pay
Junior Developer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire28 July 2017
The pay I received was terrible for the position I held and I was on more shelf stacking at previous employment. The department didn't sit well with the rest of the company leaving you feeling isolated. The office environment lacked the team atmosphere and was painfully quiet and under equipped.

My department manager was very understanding and helpful during my time at university. I had the opportunity to expand on my knowledge vastly during my time there.

Holidays were always easy to book.

The overall feel of the company felt incompetent and often like the general public had a poor opinion of us.
Pros
Lots of time to learn, friendly people
Cons
poor pay, poor environment and facilities, company lacks competence in areas
enjoyable and well paid.
Warehouse Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield13 March 2017
This job is very good for apprenticeships and they will ensure that you learn the appropriate skills needed for the job.The typical day will entail working on returned units and identifying faults while repairing the broken units. The hardest part of this job is learning how to repair the units but they ensure you are taught al the appropriate skills needed and will make sure you have supervision until you feel confident on your own.
Pros
Discount on products.
Cons
heavy lifting
it was a good job to start with but it was too unprofessional
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire27 February 2017
when i first started working at buy it direct I was happy with the team I was with and the job I was doing. I was delivering heavy items like tv's and fridges to houses in the north of England and working closely with the driver. sadly after a few months I was brought into the ware house to sweep and make tea after their were too many drivers mates to put in the vans so I was reduced to making tea and sweeping all day.
Pros
easy work
Cons
lack of respect from supervisors and managers
Hard work, but fun.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield29 February 2016
The work can often be long hours, and quite stressful during peak seasons. However, the management and other staff make this company a great place to work.
unorganised
HOME DELIVERY VAN DRIVER (Former Employee) –  east midlands8 January 2015
even though they advertise jobs as monday to friday 9 hours expect to be expected to do 7 days a week 15 hours a day. as a delivery driver you are also expected to bear the brunt of disgruntled customers , and make excuses for the companies short comings . you will be given unachievable delivery times , like being expected to get a double fridge freezer into a customers house and unpacked on your own within 7 minutes .
Pros
if they take you on or you last that long, good staff discount scheme
Cons
long hours, don't drive for these if you have a family life .
Friendly and Fun Workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  South Normanton, ENG27 February 2014
I never had one bad day at buy it direct i was always made to feel welcome by warehouse staff and management i feel that i learnt a lot of warehouse skills whilst working here... i would recommend this workplace to anybody
Pros
friendly staff and clean workplace