Buy It Direct Employee Reviews

Brilliant company to work for
Team Leader Support (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield9 April 2019
I have been at BID for over 4 years and thoroughly enjoy working for such an innovative company. Each day is different which is exciting and seeing the company grow year on year makes you feel proud to be involved.
The Management team are highly supportive and the atmosphere in the customer service department really does lift everyone up. Management have always got their eye out for agents that work hard and will give opportunities for progression for people who are interested!
If you are looking to start a career with a company that makes you feel valued and helps you to develop yourself daily BID is the place to be!
Pros
Job security, excellent career progression, supportive management team and great staff morale
Cons
Dynamic and fun workplace with lots of room for progression
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire9 April 2019
If you're looking for a workplace that's dynamic, fun, friendly, constantly growing and somewhere with lots of room for progression, look no further than BID. With the company expanding in size continuously, it's a genuine thrill to see what the next big step forward the business will be taking each month, and what it means for your personal career. I've been with BID since leaving college and have averaged a promotion and pay rise every year - if you work hard, you're rewarded for it. The management team are fantastic and support you throughout your career, everyone in the office gets along and numerous team building events are staged annually. The general aura around the place is one of positivity and teamwork, so, all in all, it's an amazing place to work, would recommend!
Pros
Lots of progression, dynamic, friendly, good management, job security
Cons
N/a
Terrible soul destroying
Customer Complaints Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire29 March 2019
Worked here for 6 month. If your face fits your on a winner. Putting your hand up to ask for loo, to do your job and follow a chart which is more time consuming as like being back at school. Management have a rule for them but another for staff. New faces every month to find that by the end of the month they've left. You must be hard faced and have no compassion to be able to do the job.
Pros
Cons
Everything this company stands for
Appalling
Complaint Handler (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire15 March 2019
I worked here for nearly a year and I’ve never met such a fake unprofessional unpleasant rude stuckup gossip company in my life the plave is run like a child’s playground, the management don’t know the different between professional and offensive the colleagues get made to do all there dirty work they fob customers off with excuses and then have the audacity to say on every phone call I’m not here to fob you off with an excuse brilliant one liner always quoted not, They don’t care about certain staff and treat people differently I wish I knew the reviews before I worked here because I would never have gone through you have to put your hand in the air to to do your job and follow a flowchart like your back at school the whole system might look like it works for them but it doesn’t
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Everything else
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire27 November 2018
Good if you’re a driver, a lot of travelling involved.
Not the best work / life balance.
Lots of work hours on offer.
Early starts, with possible late finishes.

Late to find out when you’re working.
Pros
Nationwide travel
Cons
Bad work / life balance
Low morals and poor pay
Apprentice Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire7 November 2018
I would not recommend working for BID. Poor pay, management are terrible and the company is generally a set of cowboys. Normally did manage to finish on time but there was no other perks here. The technology was outdated and slow to adapt.
Pros
Normally finished on time
Cons
Low wage, Old tech, Poor Management, cowboys and slow to adapt
Terrible place to work
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Halifax4 July 2018
Overtime is a must and on there terms.
Middle mangement force you to work over most days regardless of childcare cost or commitments like having to pick your child up after school.
General attitude is one of a bullied environment.
Please avoid at all cost if you vaule your time amd life !
Pros
Nil
Cons
To long to list
A great place to work
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire21 June 2018
If you are looking for a fun place to work, with supportive management and a healthy work culture with strong company values then Buy it Direct is the place to be.

Management are approachble and open to new ideas. Staff have regular forums to bring forward ideas and suggestions, so staff actually have a voice unlike in some companies.

The company funds two parties per year, one held in the summer and one at Christmas. Staff are regularly recognised and thanked for their contributions.

Buy it Direct is genuinely a great place to work!
Pros
Great working enviroment with approachable management
Energetic and rewarding work
Website trader (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire20 June 2018
I was at BiD for nearly 5 years and developed some good friendships. I left for family reasons.

The business culture suits me because the company encourages you to be yourself. I previously worked for a corporate who tried to create a culture but it was a top down artificial approach and didn't ring true.

Management are accessible and the business encourages you to implement your ideas and gives you responsibility

The MD is a little eccentric but is passionate and creative. In many ways the culture reflects him - if you put in a honest days work you will be looked after but if you are creative and commercial your career will rocket. They carry out what they sere is one person I work with who started off in the warehouse and is now a senior manager.
Pros
You can be yourself. Good bonuses.
Cons
Fast pace is not for everoone
Very Happy
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire24 May 2018
I have worked for Buy It Direct for nearly 12 years and it's been great for me. I have done the same job since the beginning, but that has been my own choice as there are always internal job opportunities available. I'm happy with my job and the people I work with. Most of the people on my team have been in the company a similar time to me, and we work well together. I have always got on well with Management and find them to be fair and always available if I need some advice. I mostly work off my own initiative and manage my own time, which works well for me. It's nice to be part of a team which has built up good relationships with our regular customers and feel proud that our customers are happy with the service we offer. Buy It Direct has grown into a large successful company with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
Pros
Great colleagues & management, opportunies for everyone.
Amazing Company to be a part of
Advisory (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire24 May 2018
Every day is different and you are always learning. Many departments where you can progress up and into. Management is always looking for great talent and looks after their people. The atmosphere is amazing and there is always laughter and fun to be had. Its always busy here and the growth is tremendous so never a dull moment.
Always happy to come into work to see what the future holds. Many great benefits!
Pros
Rapidly growing company always looking for great talent!
Cons
Lots going on all the time, but to me thats a good thing!
Would always recommend working at Buy It Direct!
Product Trader (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire23 May 2018
I have worked with this company just short of 3 years and thoroughly enjoy my job. Buy It Direct really support career progression and management are always helpful. I personally find that i am constantly learning and developing on the job in more ways than just work related skills. This company has helped me become more confident as a person and I feel valued in my role.There is always a lot of work to be done and everyone is always busy which can be tough at times but this is true to any workplace/growing business and everyone in the business supports each other.
Pros
Good career progression, good atmosphere, friendly/helpful management, exciting/fast pace environment.
Cons
Some employees don't appreciate everything the business does for them, this shows in their attitude and affects the dynamic of the department.
Really good place to work if you put in the effort
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  South Normanton, Derbyshire23 May 2018
A fab place to work

A great supportive sales manager makes life a lot more enjoyable and easier.

Work hard to achieve desired bonus, don't work hard and get basic pay. Targets are achievable and bonuses are good.

Advance in your career if you want to, no pressure to if you don't want it.

Good team working environment where we all get on and laugh a lot, playful banter is essential to any work place and a fully supportive team is a must for me.

I do recommend working here - get ready for a fun challenge.
Pros
wages
OK place to work
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire23 May 2018
As companies go Buy it Direct are better than average to work for. Salaries could do with being reviewed as they are at the lower end, but there are staff benefits such as subsidised canteen, staff discounts, 2 paid for company parties, paid for team building. I work in a very friendly team which works hard but has fun too. I have worked at other companies where you get much less in terms of benefits. Management do listen to employees - there is a staff forum where issues are brought up and resolved.
Pros
Good staff discount, cheap lunch
Cons
salary a bit low
Shocking
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire16 May 2018
do not work here, worked here for a few months and can’t believe how unprofessional and backwards the environment was, little care for customers and employees, managers heard abusing there staff and constant swearing, there’s casual racism, and everyone hates each other, horrible environment that drains you, not a place if you want a long term career, this place is not worth the time and effort
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Everything just don’t do it
Don't matter how desperate you are don't work for them
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Elland21 April 2018
Working for them is not safe, mess everywhere awfully management, people sacked without reason, they hold your overtime pay for months, all suggestions from employees are ignored
Poor management
Slave (Former Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire21 February 2018
Very poorly managed company. (Offering to fight staff in car park) Management then place the blame on warehouse staff whenever things go wrong. Sometimes found myself unloading trailers with 30kg boxes on my own. Expected to do overtime or face the sack. If u want to be treat like a mug then this is a great place to work.
Pros
none at all
Cons
Management and location
Not safe
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire20 February 2018
Management don't have a clue what they are doing, health and safety is awful in the work place. Expect you to lift 50 kilo washers on your own. Short breaks. if your not liked by team you get bullied out your job.. forced overtime or sacked, don't feel like you have a safe job, not worth the pay or the stress
Cons
Too many to list
order picker
Order Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley6 February 2018
good enjoyable work place good hours of work some heavy lifting

bad no canteen the hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting of wood furnitrue small warehouse
rubbish
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Halifax5 January 2018
worst place i have ever worked get forced into overtime or get threatened with your job. management dont even know the job pay is rubbish there is no such thing as health and safety at this company what so ever.
Pros
no pros what so ever
Cons
too many cons to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buy It Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

Buy It Direct Reviews by Location