Busy Bees Employee Reviews

Busy Bees
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire31 July 2018
Since i turned 17, and using the Busy Bees nurseries as a placement whilst i was studying, i vowed that i would never work in a Nursery again. It was busy, the expectation for staff knowledge and quality care was so high and the days were long and often tiring. Fast forward, 6 years, i work for Busy Bees full time, as a Nursery Manager and in charge of my own setting. Busy Bees for me has offered outstanding training and continuous professional development with a new promotion averaging at one per year. If you work hard, you have the same work ethic and values as Busy Bees too, you will excel and be offered everything the company can offer you. I work alongside a team that have worked here for some as long as 20 years and they also feel very passionately about the company. Busy Bees also provides children with the best start in their early years and preparation for school and i for one love to be involved in that process, with a highly qualified staff team, good development statistics and a great comapny atmosphere. I would recommend Busy Bees to all.
Pros
Fantastic Training and Career Progression
Cons
High Expectations
Forward thinking company putting children at the centre of what they do!
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 July 2018
Since starting with Busy Bees it has been exciting to see how such a large company truly puts the children first. I have worked in the sector for many years but feel I have found a company that finally meets my values and morals. Busy Bees invest in their staff and work to make everyone feel valued and apprichiated in their role. Couldn’t have made a better decision for me and my family to move to this role.
Pros
Busy Bees Benefits
Oppourtunity, Progression and Support
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands16 July 2018
My days are dynamic, busy and rewarding.
Working in childcare is always a challenge and Busy Bees make it worth every moment. They genuinely care about the quality of childcare being given, and believe in investing back in to the nurseries to create amazing environments for teams to support children to thrive.
Management are supportive and the training team that work seamlessly alongside Busy Bees are always supporting staff to move forward within the company.
If you work hard and get results, you will reap the rewards in your personal life and career.
The CEO's and Directors are approachable, supportive and help you to share the pride in your achievements making sure that you are constantly striving for improvements and quality childcare. The acadmeic team have a genuine care and tonnes of knowledge in how children learn and how we can support them to be the best they can be.
I have been here for 10 years now and wouldn't be anywhere else in childcare.
Pros
Clear career progression
Cons
Can be stressful
nice place a bit clicky
Level 3 Nursery Practitioner Agency / (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth14 July 2018
Job ok support from some staff, others fighting to be management, lots of work to do, never enough time in day, only half hours break, no time out to do paper.
Pros
home life balance
Cons
never stop alot of work for money
Wouldn't recommend
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 July 2018
Busy bee's are awful to work for, they only care about the money and being outstanding. They only listen to the favorite staff members and if you're not a favorite or a 'good' practitioner then you don't matter.

You get paid minimum wage and it went up in April and i'm still getting paid the old minimum wage, which i can't live off. which I've spoke to management about and they don't care. Part time staff members don't get paid for bank holidays. Room leaders don't get recognized for what they do either.

Since i started and in appraisals, they say about training. what training? i haven't had any training and neither has any other staff member in the setting apart from the some of the senior staff.

Management get funny with you for ringing in sick and rush you back to work. They don't believe you when you're poorly either.

i love the staff members i work with, they make the job better, other than seeing the children learn and develop. Having nice colleagues that you get along with make it so much easier. Made a few friends for life.

I am always given less hours than i am contracted to and i don't get paid less than what i should.
Pros
colleagues, seeing the children learn and develop
Cons
wage, hours, management, area manager
Nice staff but management were a bit disorganised
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler's Ford18 June 2018
I enjoyed working with several colleagues. However, management were quite disorganised and I found this presented a few barriers. In addition there often is not enough money within the industry.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Disorganisation
nice staff management
qeye (Current Employee) –  Bamber Bridge, Lancashire11 June 2018
lovely place lovely kids staff and management . its just to busy .busy bees as a company give us no rewards so can b dishertining somedays . if we got rewards it would make the job alot better
Cons
to busy
Rewarding
NURSERY NURSE (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire16 May 2018
An excellent company to work for people who genuinely love children and wish to learn and progress. Excellent in house training is available to all employees.
Fun and great opportunities
Senior Room Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands11 May 2018
Busy bees are a great company to work for particularly if you want to progress. The training team a big and experienced and always willing to help.
Busy bees have a lot of support and therefore there is always someone to help
One word-awful!
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire7 May 2018
Shame there was a change in management and so many good practitioners left, although management and regional director only cared about obtaining that all important Ofsted Outstanding- clearly never to be obtained I'm afraid.

Staff turnover constant but totally understandable given the ridiculous paperwork expected and long hours/30 minutes lunch break not to mention in the summer, no air con and the staff can't wear sandals/cooler uniform but of course those in the office can do as they please.

Such a shame as it's the poor children who suffer.

A company who supports those that like to suck up to managers and do as they are told and managers who need training on data protection and confidentiality as that was shocking!

Prefer not to give any stars, but the one star is for the excellent staff that come and go and the lovely children!
Cons

Want to know more about Busy Bees?

Ask a question
Soul consuming
EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire11 April 2018
Throughout my time working here I started as an apprentice which was a great time, no paperwork and everything is pretty easy HOWEVER after working thee as a non apprentice I figured childcare is not what it seems, its paper work after paperwork and nothing much about childcare. With EYFS tracking and OFSTED reports and LA tracking you don't get much time to enjoy company with the kids to help nurture them. The only enjoyable part of the job that I wouldn't change is the relationships you build with the kids and parents as they grow and move up.
Pros
Bonds with the children and parents
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, Low morale
Children have made my job worthwhile
Early year's educator (Current Employee) –  Gillingham2 April 2018
Everyday is different, and the children are very entertaining, as we play and learn together. Sometimes they choose what we learn, or we explore a new topic either daily or weekly, expanding their minds.
Pros
The children
enjoyable and rewarding
early years educator (Current Employee) –  portsmouth12 March 2018
every day is a different experience, some days the children are creative and some they are energetic. everyday you learnt a little more about each child's personality and watched them grow.
Management were supportive overall but they also had issues and jobs to do as well as look over us, we were trusted to make decisions and built good relationships with them.
The hardest part of the job is when the children are upset or when they argue with one another.
the most enjoyable that's watching children take their first steps, or watch them as they achieve something that was once impossible for them.
Pros
friendly work colleagues
Cons
long hours, wage
Woodley branch is AWFUL
Nursery assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodley8 March 2018
I hated working here it was SO boring & draining, sat in a hot stuffy smelly room all day long. The staff were very two faced and the management was awful spoke to you like you’re rubbish & they made you feel worthless as well. Oh and the pay was dreadful. The manager made me go in whilst I was ill with a sickness bug & was horrible to me when I had to leave early from being sick. They don’t care for the children clearly! Leaving was the best thing I done!
Friendly
Nursery worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham7 March 2018
I was at the nursery to do work experience. I was there for 2 weeks, but it was such a great experience and would not mind doing it again. Every day was most definitely not the same. I was in different rooms each day
Pros
Gaining communication
A very badly run nursery
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  West Lothian1 March 2018
The managers could not care less about you. You are simply there to make up numbers and smile when parents come to collect their children. The parents bring their children in when they are sick (norovirus, gastroenteritis, etc) so you get sick too, and again the managers could not care less. All the other staff members care about is getting to Friday so they can go out and get completely plastered (not the message I would want to be sending to the children). All of the staff members have their favourite children. If you’re not one of their favourites or are “naughty” then the poor kids just get left to their own devices and are ignored/are always last to get attention. You’re expected to be a cleaner too, and clean out the kitchens and toilets. Staff are constantly stressed out because there is no control over these children as there is simply not enough staff. It sometimes fell below the ratio of adults to children. Forget teaching the children anything, the place is an absolute riot. You get paid minimum wage, which makes this job simply not worth it.
Awful
Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland22 February 2018
Poor management, more interested in profit than staff, children or parents. High turnover of staff, pay good but very stressful, more interested in image than staff and children's welfare. An awful amount of paperwork, expected targets to be met asap but with little support and not enough staff to cover shifts so everyone ends up doing overtime which you don't get paid for, time in lieu promised but never delivered as there's never enough staff! HR department an absolute nightmare they never return calls or emails. Equipment and resources poor, badly needs replaced in most of their nurseries.
Pros
Decent rate of pay (depends on Nursery location)
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, poor management
Avoid if possible
Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich18 February 2018
I worked at Busy Bees for 2 and a half years and although it started out well, it soon went down hill. Although they give you lots of training and have their own training centres which is good, you have lots expected of you. It’s fast paced, lots of paperwork, sometimes long days as they are always short staffed. Management are unorganised and sometimes rude. Pay isn’t great for the job you do either
Pros
Litany of training
Cons
Long hours, pay, management
nice people
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire16 February 2018
always enjoyed going in. people where friendly. learnt alot about how to keep on top of things with time keeping to. was always felt welcomed when i was there and never not
Awful place!
Qualified Early Years Educator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury4 February 2018
I hated every moment working at Busy Bees! It was managed poorly and I was ended up being bullied out by the manager. Obviously nothing got done about that. The children and staff are just numbers for their books and they’re more focused on Ofsted than anything else, again another tick in a box for their books. The only thing that kept me there was my key children and their lovely parents.
Pros
Pay was alright
Cons
Don’t feel appreciated