Busy Bees Employee Reviews

Awful
Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland22 February 2018
Poor management, more interested in profit than staff, children or parents. High turnover of staff, pay good but very stressful, more interested in image than staff and children's welfare. An awful amount of paperwork, expected targets to be met asap but with little support and not enough staff to cover shifts so everyone ends up doing overtime which you don't get paid for, time in lieu promised but never delivered as there's never enough staff! HR department an absolute nightmare they never return calls or emails. Equipment and resources poor, badly needs replaced in most of their nurseries.
Pros
Decent rate of pay (depends on Nursery location)
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, poor management
nice people
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire16 February 2018
always enjoyed going in. people where friendly. learnt alot about how to keep on top of things with time keeping to. was always felt welcomed when i was there and never not
Awful place!
Qualified Early Years Educator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury4 February 2018
I hated every moment working at Busy Bees! It was managed poorly and I was ended up being bullied out by the manager. Obviously nothing got done about that. The children and staff are just numbers for their books and they’re more focused on Ofsted than anything else, again another tick in a box for their books. The only thing that kept me there was my key children and their lovely parents.
Pros
Pay was alright
Cons
Don’t feel appreciated
Unkind work environment
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire29 January 2018
Busy Bees isn’t a very nice place to work, there is a lot of gossip and clickiness, a lot of the staff are best friends and the wrong people are often put first. Not a very welcoming environment, no real training was offered, I was just thrown into the job. Staff and management not very keen to help and explain when unsure of something and have often had staff roll eyes at me.

A lot of paperwork, so much that staff was running back and forth and hardly had time to sit down with the children.

Worked as bank staff, and the pay was appalling and the hours changed all the time - one week you can have 60 hours, the next only 10.

Would avoid working for Busy Bees.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, sometimes no hours, unfriendly staff, unhelpful management, no training
workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Egham22 January 2018
i cleaned offices so it just felt normal
not to work with people I may know and will distract me
the hardest part of the job was most probably trying to clean without disturbing the people working late.
most enjoyable part of the job would probably be at he end of the day no mater how much you work it will al be worth it.
good workplace
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire21 January 2018
it was lovely to work there over summer.
I learnt lots and gained experience for my future career.
I have now gone on to UNI for my PGCE in Early Years.
A very supportive company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fradley, UK8 January 2018
I went to work for Busy Bees for a short period.My starting day i was shown around introduced to my team leader and the people i would work with.I was trained to recieve incoming calls from parents who were calling to check if they were entitled to help with there childcare cost for there children.There was a different range of parents that called from people who did not work to doctors.I had to work out from there salary what help they could recieve.Our calls were recorded by Busy Bees to which management would listen to the calls then every Friday you would have a meeting with your leaders who would support you in were you may need extra training or if you were worried over any calls they would advise you how to deal with the customer.I felt this job gave me a lot of confident on talking to parents.The company was pleasent caring clean and a pleasure to work for.I found the late shift that i had to do hard at the time due to my children being young at that point.I enjoyed the people i meet and the friends i made.
Pros
pleasent work place nice long dinner break
Cons
late hours i had to work
Fun place to work at but long days
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ryde, Isle of Wight7 January 2018
Busy Bees is a lovely little garden centre to visit but working there, you do not get to experience it in the way a customer would. It was a lovely place to work at but I am someone who likes to work in retail anyway. The hours were 9am to 5.30pm, which, for a 16 year old at the time, was an extremely long day. I would work every Saturday and Sunday also, however I was only employed for a 3-month contract over the Christmas period. It can go both ways working there, it may either be so hectic that you are tackling several tasks at once or so dead that you are reorganising the shelves just to find something to do.
Pros
Minor discount on stock
typical day at work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Emsworth, West Sussex2 January 2018
The company it's self is very friendly also are some customers. But being in that sort of industry isn't for all people including myself therefore, you don't always enjoy it.
Company only thinks about profit
Senior room mnager (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham18 December 2017
If staff have a sickness bug they often go to work rather than take time off due to treatment of staff who have time off. The company is very profit driven which has an impact on the staff and children's welfare.

The regional managers do not understand the EYFS.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Regional managers
Productive and fun workplace
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire6 December 2017
Extremely fun workplace, allows personal skills to expand. Loved doing work experience there as it let me have a introduction into nursery work. Loved it
Not great place to work
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London17 November 2017
Not great place to work. You won’t get balance between your life and work. It’s important to have this because we are not just born to work we have life outside of work. Too much gossip and very unkind colleagues no respect towards each other. No support with training and career development. If you looking for great place to work this isn’t the one.
Pros
Supporting Beautiful children and their families.
Cons
Long hours, no work balance, no further training
Outstanding
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 October 2017
An outstanding company commited to its staff and service users. The facilities are second to none with the more recent refurbishment making a lovely calm learning environment. Keep up the good work.
It is ok.
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire23 October 2017
The job is okay, nothing much to say about it. The staff are friendly and easy to get on with. The job itself is boring, nothing much to do. It can be tiring with some of the children but that is to be expected.
Cons
Rewarding at times but demanding
Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Home Based5 October 2017
The job role and expectations are very demanding and sometimes unreasonable with all the travelling.

The role is more and more about quantity and not quality in my opinion
Pros
Managing own diary
Great company to work for
CEO (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands4 October 2017
Great company to work for.
Happy fun environment
Working with children
Entertainment

Various working locations and each day is different.

Staff are great
Pros
Happy and fun working environment
it is ok
Nursery nurse (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear3 October 2017
I don't not want to put a review about were I work but overall it is an okay place to work to say the least, I would like to apply for other jobs as it is not flexible enough
Pros
jj
Cons
mnmn
Fun and Productive Workplace
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wymondham20 September 2017
Loved doing my work experience alongside my college course at this nursery. So much fun.
The women I worked with were all lovely considering I was the youngest and the least educated in the room, They treated me as one of the team! Gained so much confidence working with children at this workplace.
Avoid at all costs
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Surrey2 September 2017
Very bad. No support from Management. Management always first to leave. No regards or respect for staff, parents or children. Staff expected to stay late without notice and come in when sick. Ratios constantly broken.
Pros
Cons
Very very bad
good place to work if you are not bank as hours go up and down
bank early years educator (Current Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk25 July 2017
good team work, varied roles. its good and rewarding helping children .hardest part of job of job is to console a crying baby if you don't know what they want. management is good, have good opportunities to develop career through nvqs.
Pros
workig in a child orintated environment
Cons
not getting many hours in qiute periods if you are bank