Busy Bees Nurseries Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire12 September 2018
I have worked for Busy Bees for just under two years and I love it. The company have the children at the centre of everything they do and they are consistently looking at what we offer the children and families and how we can get better. Staff training is the best I have known throughout my career in childcare and it gives us so many opportunities to progress in our own personal developement and can lead to promotion within the company. I would recommend anyone to work for Busy Bees.
Pros
Training, staff recognition, Support centre
Awful, horrible place to work
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bristol7 September 2018
Horrible place to work....
Management do not have a clue, laugh about things that shouldn’t happen if you report it.
Certain staff members bully you out of the work placement and make you feel uncomfortable.
Management can’t keep confidential information and blurt it around to every staff member.
It’s a very negative place to work and if you have a problem it never gets solved.
Staff are hardly ever in ratio.
I worked there work six months and so much happier out of there.
Vile place to work... feel sorry for the children that go there.
Pros
Non
Eye sore
Full time practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scotland2 September 2018
Poor company to work for disappointing.
No payslips have to view on internet a lot of trouble.
No support at all from management. Doesn’t appreciate staff.
Poor resources for children
Inexperienced,brash staff that are to young to handle children .
Not enough staff to cover children . Left with 20 odd children on your own . The true meaning of caring for the children there is poor, just gone. The price parents pay and there’s no outings, cold lunch served to children . So sad! Paper work is more important .
Pros
Lovely family’s
Cons
Holidays are poor don’t get holidays you would like
Not great.
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire30 August 2018
The pay isn’t great at all.
Lack of support from manager (always negative).
No room for promotion.
Expected to stay longer than your shift at end of day but without the manager even asking, assumed we have no life outside work.
Manager worked shorter hours than staff.
Promised lots of different aspects to Job role, and in the end not being given roles promised to you.
All staff very negative because of these things.
High demand from manager for the number of things to do, yet time away from the room is absolutely minimal (maybe a morning out every 2 months).
Made a great decision to change jobs, best thing I’ve ever done.
Pros
Appreciative parents
Cons
Long hours, no room for pay rises. Lack of appreciation from management
It was a very good work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longwell Green, Bristol29 August 2018
I learnt a lot there especially for when I had my own child it helped me do a lot of things with my 8 month old son and also it helped me to try and go a bit higher and that’s when I got a job working for a agency
Busybees excellent company
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh20 August 2018
Busybees is a company of change unlike more childcare providers they put the children at the centre of their values and beliefs.i have worked with busybees for nearly 4 years and I couldn’t be happier.They have a far more success rate through their talent management programmes and room for progression. Ever since joining this company I have the chance to progress and challenge myself.They have a wonderful training sector which means we get out on regular training and the staff team can challenge the self through their virtual learning too. Through the 10 years I have been in the early years sector iv never felt so at home or part of an organisation,that put my career at the centre of my progression. Busybees have supported me through my BA at Edinburgh Univeristy As I whole I don’t think I would work for any other company than busybees. I would encourage anyone that is looking for a new challenge or a chance to progress in their career to apply to busybees and for any students ambitious to take on the modern apprenticeship that they offer you will never look back
Pros
Excellent progression and dedication to staff and children
Glad to be out
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands19 August 2018
Worked for the company a long time working my way up the ladder, isn’t as rosy as it looks. No benefits at being at the top and no support what so ever from regional directors. They give you no praise to you or your staff for trying to do the best you can. They have there Clear favourites from being stuck up means you get your own way. No perks in the job role, salary low especially when expected to work long hours and get nothing back, bonuses unrealistic. t isn’t all what it seems anymore. It’s all money orientated & expansion not only in the uk but globally.
Great environment to work
Early Years Educator (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath17 August 2018
Great environment to work in with great opportunities. everyday is different with something new to learn and different activities to provide the children with
Awful place to work
QEYE (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire17 August 2018
I found my experience working here absolutely awful. I hated it. The nursery is run by a manager who clearly has favourites and just goes along with her favourites. Clear favouritism shown here. No support given to you and people act all nice to your face and speak about you behind your back. Working here is like being a pupil at school again. Only the manager joins in in talking badly about staff as well. The setting is poorly managed and the manager takes the fact that they are in a mood out on the staff. The staff always feel the brunt of the manager being miserable and moody. Doesn’t care about the staff, but more about their own financial income. The manager makes it pretty clear that it a rule for one and a rule for another. The manager is really rude in my personal opinion.

I would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Everything- not one pro in working here at all.
Child centred approach
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 August 2018
Busy Bees offers a different environment than your average day nursery for children to grow explore and learn.
There are plenty of opportunities for career progression.
The children are at the forefront of all decision making.
Working as a strong motivated and enthused team gives you plenty of opportunities for success.
Pros
Salary. Bonuses. Progression opportunities for the team.
Cons
Work/Life balance
Lovely place to work
Senior Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire8 August 2018
I have found Busy Bees to be a great company to work for, they are a very supportive company, even during maternity leave they kept in contact and redefined my role helping me return to work with a busy life and two children. They have a strong support network, the management have supported me during my return, having regular meetings and conversations to make sure I'm settling back in well. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff I work with and the children we look after, seeing all the milestones they reach and supporting them in their development. Due to the constraints of my childcare, the late finish can sometimes be difficult, this I would say is the hardest part of my role, however this isn't a major issue, we've learnt to adapt as a family.
Pros
Support network
Cons
Closing time
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire6 August 2018
overall the workplace is good and its like any other company its what you make of it, there is lots of opportunity's to advance and develop, and busy bees are fantastic at rewarding nurseries when meeting targets. The company overall has a good feel and personally its down to the managers/rd's within the nursery and regions that make the experience for us as employees. The better the management team the better the experience, its not based on the company overall its down to the leadership within the setting and i have had nothing but outstanding management and leaders so my experience has been fantastic.
Pros
good benefit scheme
Recommended workplace
Room manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire6 August 2018
I would like to highly recommend this work place. I came in as a qualified early years practitioner, over the past few years i have progressed through the nursery into assistant room manager and further still to room manager. The opportunities for progression are fantastic, so many opportunities to develop your skills through in house training all at the cost of the company. The hardest part of the job would be the work load, you need to be able to manage your time effectively to ensure that you complete all that is expected, however their is valuable members of the team that support you when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with the children, they are all wonderful and that is what makes the job for me, each day there is something different and wonderful that sends you home smiling.
Pros
The loving team, opportunities for training, opportunities for progression
Cons
Work load if not managed effectively
good place to work
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Cleadon and East Boldon5 August 2018
good hours,great atmosphere,good people to work for.excellent training good pay and conditions.good social life as well.good for advancement.great atmosphere
Happy and inviting enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands2 August 2018
I have been in the company a while now and have worked my way up. I enjoy working for the company, the company gives you a lot of opportunities to better yourself and to go further in your career.
Pros
Good rate of pay
Absolutely Awful
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kent27 July 2018
Terrible company to do an apprenticeship. No help and support given. So called 'mentors' do not do anything except ignore you! If you want to get into childcare do not go through this company.
Awful company.
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire26 July 2018
The Nursery I was in was awful. Actual manger fine. But the staff were awful. Several members of staff including a senior member of staff who bullied others and I actually got assaulted by a senior member of staff, company descicion on punishment reflected them as a company. POOR! HR are very unhelpful and they clearly do not care about the staff. Turn over in all nurseries close to the one I worked it had an awful turnover. Many people left.
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage.
great opportunities for progression
Manager (Current Employee) –  cheadle Kingsway25 July 2018
I have worked for the company since 2006 and have progressed from nursery nurse to Manager.
The nursery i work at has a nice welcoming environment with a long standing hard working staff team.
As a team we enjoy providing outstanding care and supporting the children's development and well being which makes the job very rewarding.
Busy Bees provide lots of opportunities to develop through accredited training and courses which helps with the progression of the team.
Outstanding company and team
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  East Midlands21 July 2018
I have worked for Busy Bees for over 12 years and have enjoyed every moment. Starting from a Qualified Early Years Educator I have worked my way up the company to be Nursery Manager. Busy Bees have a dedicated training team who provide brilliant short courses for you and your team to upskill there qualifications. Working with the team here really does bring a smile to.my face everyday! The children are provided with such stimulating learning environments that I wouldn't pick anywhere else!

I would recommend working for Busy Bees to anyone!
Pros
Salary, great team, training
Poor company to work for
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire19 July 2018
I have worked for busy bees for only 1 year and it was the worst experience of my life.
Hours are long with only 30 minutes lunch. No work life balance
Manager young and inexperienced didn't know what was happening in the nursery .management did not care about some staff and children it's all about profit.
Policies and procedures not consistent across the rooms different rules for different staff.
You will only get on if you are liked by the manager.
Paper work is immense they have a form for everything
Can't complain about the salary
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, short lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busy Bees Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.