Busy Bees Nurseries Employee Reviews

Not great.
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire30 August 2018
The pay isn’t great at all.
Lack of support from manager (always negative).
No room for promotion.
Expected to stay longer than your shift at end of day but without the manager even asking, assumed we have no life outside work.
Manager worked shorter hours than staff.
Promised lots of different aspects to Job role, and in the end not being given roles promised to you.
All staff very negative because of these things.
High demand from manager for the number of things to do, yet time away from the room is absolutely minimal (maybe a morning out every 2 months).
Made a great decision to change jobs, best thing I’ve ever done.
Pros
Appreciative parents
Cons
Long hours, no room for pay rises. Lack of appreciation from management
Glad to be out
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands19 August 2018
Worked for the company a long time working my way up the ladder, isn’t as rosy as it looks. No benefits at being at the top and no support what so ever from regional directors. They give you no praise to you or your staff for trying to do the best you can. They have there Clear favourites from being stuck up means you get your own way. No perks in the job role, salary low especially when expected to work long hours and get nothing back, bonuses unrealistic. t isn’t all what it seems anymore. It’s all money orientated & expansion not only in the uk but globally.
Lovely company
Room Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands26 September 2018
I have worked with the company a number of years and have always loved it. I have just finnished my level 3 in leadership and management with B.B. training academy to.

I am aspiring assistant manager and my regional director and manager support me fully in progressing throughout the company encouraging me to do things to help my professional development for example supporting other nurseries on secondments. - although there is not enough nursery’s in the area to have a permanent move.

B.B. training academy is also fantastic and a real positive about working for the company.
Pros
B.B. training academy
Cons
Not all benefits such as discounted childcare are available for all sites.
Poor company to work for
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire19 July 2018
I have worked for busy bees for only 1 year and it was the worst experience of my life.
Hours are long with only 30 minutes lunch. No work life balance
Manager young and inexperienced didn't know what was happening in the nursery .management did not care about some staff and children it's all about profit.
Policies and procedures not consistent across the rooms different rules for different staff.
You will only get on if you are liked by the manager.
Paper work is immense they have a form for everything
Can't complain about the salary
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, short lunch
Good staff/awful management and head office
Senior room manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow24 May 2018
I worked for 14 years both my children went to nursery
They say you leave management not the job and this is so true I did long hours and worked hard
My team were amazing, to the point most followed me when I left
The management don’t praise you, neither does head office
You only get were you want because who you know and how hard you suck up to the right people, not because your good at your job
You do get great benefits and pension
The team is what makes the nursery not the pen pushers
Pros
Good pension good team
Cons
Long hours/ treated rubbish and bad management
Child centred approach
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 August 2018
Busy Bees offers a different environment than your average day nursery for children to grow explore and learn.
There are plenty of opportunities for career progression.
The children are at the forefront of all decision making.
Working as a strong motivated and enthused team gives you plenty of opportunities for success.
Pros
Salary. Bonuses. Progression opportunities for the team.
Cons
Work/Life balance
A different kind of managment Role
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands14 November 2018
I have worked as nursery manager in a couple of different nursery settings, Busy Bees are completely different, the support network is good, salary is reasonable. The management role is very complex, you have various extra tasks as well as the daily running of the nursery, some managers have a nursery administrator. All in all the expectations in Busy Bees are high and the role is pressured,
Pros
Good support network
Cons
Unreasonable targets amd extra tasks pressured role
Excellent opportunities for progression
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 November 2018
I joined Busy Bees as a Nursery Manager. From day one my induction and support from my Regional Director and Supporting Manager was outstanding. You get support every step of the way but also get the chance to put your stamp on your nursery at the same time. I have been given the opportunity of lots of different training courses. Progression in the company is great. There are systems in place to allow staff to progress and be recognised for the hard work they put in. I cannot imagine working for any other company. I have come from small chains but felt i had no way to progress, Busy Bees have made me realise my options are endless.
Busy Bees believe in giving children the best start in life. This is evident by practice and training given to staff. Managers are constantly reviewed to ensure they are running their nursery to the highest standards. This is what i love about Busy Bees. You are always striving to be better and i feel a much more competant manager now i have been given this opportunity. Wages for Managers are good and Busy Bees believe in a good work life balance. Bonuses are available if you meet targets.
Pros
Progression, wage, training, support of senior management.
Busybees excellent company
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh20 August 2018
Busybees is a company of change unlike more childcare providers they put the children at the centre of their values and beliefs.i have worked with busybees for nearly 4 years and I couldn’t be happier.They have a far more success rate through their talent management programmes and room for progression. Ever since joining this company I have the chance to progress and challenge myself.They have a wonderful training sector which means we get out on regular training and the staff team can challenge the self through their virtual learning too. Through the 10 years I have been in the early years sector iv never felt so at home or part of an organisation,that put my career at the centre of my progression. Busybees have supported me through my BA at Edinburgh Univeristy As I whole I don’t think I would work for any other company than busybees. I would encourage anyone that is looking for a new challenge or a chance to progress in their career to apply to busybees and for any students ambitious to take on the modern apprenticeship that they offer you will never look back
Pros
Excellent progression and dedication to staff and children
Great Company!
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Surrey6 July 2018
I work for Busy Bees and they are a fantastic company to work for! They reward all staff for outstanding performance as well as inspirational teaching wth the children. The support network of the management team at head office and training academy create a robust structure which supports the nursery and staff.
Pros
Career progression and staff benefits

Want to know more about Busy Bees Nurseries?

Ask a question
Terrible in every
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midland24 June 2018
Busy bees care about nothing but money. Children and staff are last on the agenda. Whole companies are destroyed by regional directors that are that far removed from childcare and pressured to provide profit over quality. Paperwork is excessive, training is poor quality and recruitment is a joke. Ofsted inspections are nothing but a performance put on by staff drafted in on the empty promise of promotion. Busy bees are so self absorbed that they fail to upskill teams but brainwash them to tick outdated boxes that lack creativity and fun but allow health and safety to over power learning and exploration... Poor practice in everyway.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management, poor quality, built on lies
Busy bees godalming
Room Leader (Current Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey8 July 2018
Been at this setting for 4years now. Started at a very young age. This job has helped me so much with my confidence and has made me better around people boosting my people skills. I can't thank management enough as they have believed in me and pushed me to work to my full potential. They have benefits for working for the company and its the most rewarding job possible. We're like one big family. Many learning and training opportunities too.
Pros
Lots of training opportunities. Flexible days
Cons
No parking
Amazing Company!
Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire22 October 2018
I have nothing but good comments regarding this company. However, I feel it necessary to say that my experiences are helped by working alongside an amazing group of people. The manager within my setting is open and friendly, willing to go the extra mile for all her staff, as well as for the children and the parents. Whilst hours can be long and over time can occur, this happens in all nurseries not just Busy Bees, it is apart of the job.
Whilst some people have commented saying management is poor, I feel it important to state that whilst this may be the experiences for some people at a few of the nurseries. More often than not Busy Bees nurseries are run by highly experienced managers. Having met most of the ladies that run the nurseries in my area, at different points in my career, I can safety say that each of them have helped me in some way. Even though I wasn’t from their setting, and for this I thank Busy Bees. Whilst some people look down on large chains, Busy Bees ensures that whilst each nursery is individually run by its select teams, Busy Bees as a whole are a family. One that works together to ensure the education and safety of young children.
Whether someone has a question, or just wants someone to talk too. Their is always someone somewhere within the group that can help. Whether it be someone from the head offices or someone from another setting. You can always find the help from somewhere around the country!
Pros
Training team
Busy Bees
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds21 November 2018
I have worked for the company for almost 5 years.
My role is very varied and no 2 days are the same.
I enjoy working for the company, there are opportunities to develop your own learning and throughout my time I have been able to complete 2 NVQ Courses through the internal Busy Bees training academy.
There have been some recent acquisitions within the company which has opened up career development opportunities for staff.
Pros
Training Opportunities
Cons
An excellent place to work with fantastic career prospects.
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey6 July 2018
I have been lucky enough to have an amazing career so far. They have provided me with an excellent career progression and wonderful trainers. Their staff are all friendly and helpful. Working for a big company means there is a lot of support and the training department is very broad with lots of opportunities.
Pros
Supportive staff and management
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire6 August 2018
overall the workplace is good and its like any other company its what you make of it, there is lots of opportunity's to advance and develop, and busy bees are fantastic at rewarding nurseries when meeting targets. The company overall has a good feel and personally its down to the managers/rd's within the nursery and regions that make the experience for us as employees. The better the management team the better the experience, its not based on the company overall its down to the leadership within the setting and i have had nothing but outstanding management and leaders so my experience has been fantastic.
Pros
good benefit scheme
Lovely place to work
Senior Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire8 August 2018
I have found Busy Bees to be a great company to work for, they are a very supportive company, even during maternity leave they kept in contact and redefined my role helping me return to work with a busy life and two children. They have a strong support network, the management have supported me during my return, having regular meetings and conversations to make sure I'm settling back in well. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff I work with and the children we look after, seeing all the milestones they reach and supporting them in their development. Due to the constraints of my childcare, the late finish can sometimes be difficult, this I would say is the hardest part of my role, however this isn't a major issue, we've learnt to adapt as a family.
Pros
Support network
Cons
Closing time
Awful!
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent4 June 2018
Horrible place to work. Staff are kind to your face and extremely two faced behind your back. Management is way too young and inexperianced and is incapable of running the nursery to the standards you would expect. Half an hour lunch break for extremely long shifts is ridiculous. By the time you start to relax its time to go back to the room! Very limited in what you can plan and do with the children. HORRIBLE place to work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Low wage. Short lunch break. Incapable management
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire12 September 2018
I have worked for Busy Bees for just under two years and I love it. The company have the children at the centre of everything they do and they are consistently looking at what we offer the children and families and how we can get better. Staff training is the best I have known throughout my career in childcare and it gives us so many opportunities to progress in our own personal developement and can lead to promotion within the company. I would recommend anyone to work for Busy Bees.
Pros
Training, staff recognition, Support centre
Awful, horrible place to work
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bristol7 September 2018
Horrible place to work....
Management do not have a clue, laugh about things that shouldn’t happen if you report it.
Certain staff members bully you out of the work placement and make you feel uncomfortable.
Management can’t keep confidential information and blurt it around to every staff member.
It’s a very negative place to work and if you have a problem it never gets solved.
Staff are hardly ever in ratio.
I worked there work six months and so much happier out of there.
Vile place to work... feel sorry for the children that go there.
Pros
Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busy Bees Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.