Busy Bees Nurseries Employee Reviews

not all it seems!!
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  north somerset13 May 2018
i worked at busy bees for only a little while & what I seen was an eye opener to say the least, I was in the kitchen supposedly cooking but believe me what they were dishing out to the children was prosessed & frozen food & the wondered why the children did not eat it!!
Pros
Cons
all
Excellent workplace
Regional director (Current Employee) –  NSC13 May 2018
Great place to work for someone who wants progression, support and a long term career. Unlimited training opportunities, management support and a growing organisation. Some days a tough but there's always someone to help or to guide you through. Children and families are at the forefront of everything they do.
Pros
Great career opportunities, head office support, ongoing training
Fun workplace
Early Years Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire24 April 2018
It was good working here but after many thins happening at home I decided to leave
The staff were friendly and kind they made sure I was made welcome and made sure I was looked after
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Only gave it one star because there was no option for no stars
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex11 April 2018
Worst employers ever. Randomly ending an apprenticeships contract half way through the year without any warning of doing so. Selfish company.
Pay is a joke. The employers don’t get recognition for the good work they do. Overall horrible place to work. Save yourself time by not applying here, they’re more than likely to leave you in a bad place.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many
EYP (Former Employee) –  Dundee14 March 2018
I worked here on a part time basis for over 2 years, this is a great place to work, the all the staff are really nice and easy to talk to, they are all very supportive.
amazing place to work
School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Watford4 December 2017
really amazing place to work, great staff and provided amazing opportunities for me as a young individual starting out within a working environment doing something i love
Pros
spending time with children
Cons
tiring
Fun
Childcare level 2 (Former Employee) –  Netley14 September 2017
I loved doing WORK EXPERIENCE at busy bees as it was such a welcoming environment and everyday was new and exciting, i learnt loads of things here from how to respond to children's behavior and how to understand them.
Pros
creation of friendships
Fun work place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland1 September 2017
You would learn different things everyday at busy bee nursery as you would always be doing different things which makes it more exiting and interesting to do as a job. However the harderst part of the job would be dealing with naughty children however you gain more experience and gives you more of a challenge, more over this job is very enjoyable
Pros
Days out
Productive and experience
Childcare (Former Employee) –  Burntwood24 July 2017
Busy bee daycare gave me the experience I know through work experienceI learnt many things on how to take care of children in the stuff they use to make them succeed in life some days with a fun Sunday is a hard days that we had was trying to deal with children that We're challenging but all was really fun
Pros
Close to home but was very fun
Cons
Wasn't a permanent job
work experience
Traineeship (Former Employee) –  Wigan19 July 2017
when working at this company i learned a lot of knew skills and i learned a lot of knowledge and understanding about children from 0-5 years old, i worked in each individual age groups classes and learned how children grow, how they learn and use their intellectual, social and emotional skills. The culture is important at this company the children learn about each culture and how to respect one and another.
Pros
helpful team
Good workplace
Chef (Current Employee) –  Hempstead and Wigmore27 June 2017
Good workplace and very good company. Good hours and holiday. Flexible and always try to work with you and what hours you can offer. It's a bit of a shame that they are open in between Christmas and New Years.
work experince
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London19 June 2017
A typical day starts with long hours 7.00am-7.00pm
children start at 7.00am-12.30pm, 9.00am-12.00pm, 1.00pm-4.00pm or 1.00pm-7.00pm
Management involves the team of 35 staff on rotation, 140 children daily, providing quality care and customer satisfaction
Keep the team moltivated........
safeguarding and carying out risk assesments
Marketing working in partneship with parents and the community

Hardest part - long hours, obtaining motivated staff.

Enjoyable part is working as a family and as a team
Benefits
Small Nursey, Slow Progression.
Early Years Educator (Former Employee) –  Warton, Lancashire31 May 2017
A small welcoming nursery, unfortunately it is unsuited to someone looking to progress quickly. As the nursery has a small team of staff the workplace can be indentured with petty workplace politics and unnecessary and unprofessional clashes. However that is true of any job as part of a small team.
Pros
good shifts and working hours
Cons
possible commute
Fun and productive
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk7 May 2017
This was a 2 week experience to also complete my childcare course which they said I was very good at I found the children very fun to work with along with the staff they were very helpful and patient with me and made a lot of effort to make me feel welcome
start of the day
Trainee early years practitioner (Former Employee) –  Monifieth20 April 2017
My role was different i was there for suppy work whiling doing my level 3. my jobs was doing nappies and setting snacks and lunches and clover other member staffs lunches and whilieng their doing paperwork.i wasn't set in room ,i was base in all of the rooms. i really enjoy being in all of rooms its was the best way i got know all of staffs and children. Its really help with my training seeing how children learn and develop at different stage and development at different ages . the only down side i never shown how to do paperwork..
Informative and fun place to work.
Nursery assistant (Current Employee) –  Ilford5 March 2017
A typical day at work consisted and regular and scheduled activities for children based around their eating and sleeping schedules. this meant giving food and water to children throughout the day and keeping track of everything for parents who later came to collect their children, having a knowledge of what every child has behaved like during the day even if i have not worked with that child for my whole shift. Making sure i have a fun manner with the children and a professional but friendly relationship with the parents and ensuring that they have all the information that they need during they day too.
Pros
Very enjoyable and fun work to do, great management.
Cons
Not enough hours, low salary
Awful place to work
Childcare Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Surrey2 March 2017
Busy Bees have to be the most awful company I have ever worked for. Management are terrible, head office are worse " employees are only a number to us and easily replaceable" was unbelievably something that came out of the mouth of an area manager.

Busy Bees do not care about their staff wellbeing and pretend that they care for the children but all they care about is passing the Ofsted inspection. Staff are put under immense pressure to perform ridiculous tasks with very little breaks and fill in stupid amounts of paperwork in their own time.

I would NEVER work for this company again!!
Pros
Team work among employees (not management)
Cons
Long days, short breaks, rude management, no people skills, only interested in Ofsted outcome, high amounts of paperwork.
Company that takes pride in their employees and nurseries.
Senior room manager (Current Employee) –  Maidstone26 October 2016
As a valued member of staff at Maidstone Allington busy bees, I love my job. Busy bees care about their employees and this is shown through excellent rates of pay and benefits with the job too, which is great! :-)
My job is interesting every day, I have access to regular training which is great for progressing my career and I work with an incredible dedicated team.
Overall, busy bees is dedicated to each nursery which is seen through the positive impact on children and the staff team.
I highly recommend applying for exciting opportunities with busy bees, you won't regret it.
Pros
Excellent rates of pay, training, good opportunities for career progression, reduced childcare rates for employees.
Interesting workplace
HR Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Burntwood, ENG25 September 2015
- Lovely colleagues
- Different every day, new challenges and tasks
- Fast paced
- Good company to work for, well established, nurseries located across the UK
Hard work, long hours
Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 June 2015
Loved my job but don't expect much thanks from Management.
Co-workers fantastic and work very hard it's just such a shame that they dont get enough thanks for what they do.
Typical day starts at 7.30am (you get an hour or 30 min break the whole day) they provide breakfast, am snack, lunch and tea for the children so activities have to be fitted in between all the meal times. These include outdor activities twice a day, toothbrushing, story time, art/craft activities, sleep time (if age appropriate), literacy and numeracy activities. The nursery closes at 6pm, most staff work a 40 hr week with high chance of overtime. The hardest part is trying to fit it all into the one day especially quality time for activities. You are not given much time to plan or evaluate which was generally done in my own time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the children I looked after and the staff I worked with. Good team work (not including management) within the rooms.
Strict uniform code but not enough shirts etc provided.
Pros
Good teamwork, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, high staff turnover