Busy Bees Nurseries Employee Reviews

Divisional Director (Current Employee) –  South West30 October 2018
I’ve worked with Busy Bees for just over 2 years - the people I work with each and every day are amazing - I’m supported, valued and respected. The company is innovative, professional and completely dedicated to excellence in childcare and education
Pros
People - everyone is friendly, welcoming and professional. Great career opportunities
Amazing Company!
Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire22 October 2018
I have nothing but good comments regarding this company. However, I feel it necessary to say that my experiences are helped by working alongside an amazing group of people. The manager within my setting is open and friendly, willing to go the extra mile for all her staff, as well as for the children and the parents. Whilst hours can be long and over time can occur, this happens in all nurseries not just Busy Bees, it is apart of the job.
Whilst some people have commented saying management is poor, I feel it important to state that whilst this may be the experiences for some people at a few of the nurseries. More often than not Busy Bees nurseries are run by highly experienced managers. Having met most of the ladies that run the nurseries in my area, at different points in my career, I can safety say that each of them have helped me in some way. Even though I wasn’t from their setting, and for this I thank Busy Bees. Whilst some people look down on large chains, Busy Bees ensures that whilst each nursery is individually run by its select teams, Busy Bees as a whole are a family. One that works together to ensure the education and safety of young children.
Whether someone has a question, or just wants someone to talk too. Their is always someone somewhere within the group that can help. Whether it be someone from the head offices or someone from another setting. You can always find the help from somewhere around the country!
Pros
Training team
don’t put yourself through it, too much stress
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex18 October 2018
Terrible management, awful communication between management and staff, manager only cares about herself and what works well for her. Awful place. Everyone is very 2 faced
Pros
Depression for the rest of your life
Lovely company
Room Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands26 September 2018
I have worked with the company a number of years and have always loved it. I have just finnished my level 3 in leadership and management with B.B. training academy to.

I am aspiring assistant manager and my regional director and manager support me fully in progressing throughout the company encouraging me to do things to help my professional development for example supporting other nurseries on secondments. - although there is not enough nursery’s in the area to have a permanent move.

B.B. training academy is also fantastic and a real positive about working for the company.
Pros
B.B. training academy
Cons
Not all benefits such as discounted childcare are available for all sites.
Awful experience
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire21 September 2018
Busy Bee's was my first nursery experience, having never worked in a nursery before I was quite naïve to the nursery environment however even I could tell after a short while that this is NOT a good working environment. Firstly management was awful, the manager often had mood swings which made them unapproachable and therefore I felt that I could not openly talk about my concerns or feelings. Secondly staff were down right bullies towards particular members of staff, I always worried what was said about me behind my back. Thirdly the focus was neither on the welfare of the staff or the children. Staff often worked way after their shift finishing times, and I was never paid or given time back for the extra time I worked which ranged anything from 10 mins to 45 minutes. Staff were not supported with their mental health, I for one definitely felt the effects of being overworked with no one to talk to confidentially about how I felt, I feel that other staff members felt the same way as they were often stressed. Children were not offered a good nursery experience as there were so many ridiculous health and safety issues that we could not provide experiences that would give children the potential to develop different skills but more importantly have fun. Therefore the same activities and toys were used on a daily basis, making it tedious for both children and staff. I do not believe the pay reflects the work required for looking after children for 10-11 hours per day, I believe I was paid minimum wage, however staff younger than me were on less which was also a concern. As this is  more... a chain nursery I feel that personality is lost, the company is more concerned with keeping up appearances than looking after its staff and children correctly. I personally would not work again for busy bee's nor would I recommend it to any parents as I feel that there are other nurseries out there who treat their staff better and also provide better learning experiences for children. I wouldn't normally post a review however I felt compelled to after seeing that this company received an overall 4 star review. I know each place will differ and so will each experience but I feel that potential employee's should be aware of what they are letting themselves in for.  less
Pros
A couple of Friendships developed between geunine members of staff
Cons
poor working conditions, poor pay, lack of support, poor management
They do what they want
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 September 2018
Managers do what they want, they say they'll do but don't. E.g. Cover lunches. They leave before their shift ends. Nothing is taken into account from the staff members.

We don't get recognised for what we do and the effort put in - pay doesn't even worth it. There's minimal paper work which is easy to keep up with and we get to spend more time with the children - which is important.

You also domt get the hours you are contracted - I always get given under and when I say about it they just ignore it.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Hours, low pay
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire12 September 2018
I have worked for Busy Bees for just under two years and I love it. The company have the children at the centre of everything they do and they are consistently looking at what we offer the children and families and how we can get better. Staff training is the best I have known throughout my career in childcare and it gives us so many opportunities to progress in our own personal developement and can lead to promotion within the company. I would recommend anyone to work for Busy Bees.
Pros
Training, staff recognition, Support centre
Awful, horrible place to work
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bristol7 September 2018
Horrible place to work....
Management do not have a clue, laugh about things that shouldn’t happen if you report it.
Certain staff members bully you out of the work placement and make you feel uncomfortable.
Management can’t keep confidential information and blurt it around to every staff member.
It’s a very negative place to work and if you have a problem it never gets solved.
Staff are hardly ever in ratio.
I worked there work six months and so much happier out of there.
Vile place to work... feel sorry for the children that go there.
Pros
Non
Eye sore
Full time practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scotland2 September 2018
Poor company to work for disappointing.
No payslips have to view on internet a lot of trouble.
No support at all from management. Doesn’t appreciate staff.
Poor resources for children
Inexperienced,brash staff that are to young to handle children .
Not enough staff to cover children . Left with 20 odd children on your own . The true meaning of caring for the children there is poor, just gone. The price parents pay and there’s no outings, cold lunch served to children . So sad! Paper work is more important .
Pros
Lovely family’s
Cons
Holidays are poor don’t get holidays you would like
Not great.
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire30 August 2018
The pay isn’t great at all.
Lack of support from manager (always negative).
No room for promotion.
Expected to stay longer than your shift at end of day but without the manager even asking, assumed we have no life outside work.
Manager worked shorter hours than staff.
Promised lots of different aspects to Job role, and in the end not being given roles promised to you.
All staff very negative because of these things.
High demand from manager for the number of things to do, yet time away from the room is absolutely minimal (maybe a morning out every 2 months).
Made a great decision to change jobs, best thing I’ve ever done.
Pros
Appreciative parents
Cons
Long hours, no room for pay rises. Lack of appreciation from management
It was a very good work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longwell Green, Bristol29 August 2018
I learnt a lot there especially for when I had my own child it helped me do a lot of things with my 8 month old son and also it helped me to try and go a bit higher and that’s when I got a job working for a agency
Busybees excellent company
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh20 August 2018
Busybees is a company of change unlike more childcare providers they put the children at the centre of their values and beliefs.i have worked with busybees for nearly 4 years and I couldn’t be happier.They have a far more success rate through their talent management programmes and room for progression. Ever since joining this company I have the chance to progress and challenge myself.They have a wonderful training sector which means we get out on regular training and the staff team can challenge the self through their virtual learning too. Through the 10 years I have been in the early years sector iv never felt so at home or part of an organisation,that put my career at the centre of my progression. Busybees have supported me through my BA at Edinburgh Univeristy As I whole I don’t think I would work for any other company than busybees. I would encourage anyone that is looking for a new challenge or a chance to progress in their career to apply to busybees and for any students ambitious to take on the modern apprenticeship that they offer you will never look back
Pros
Excellent progression and dedication to staff and children
Glad to be out
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands19 August 2018
Worked for the company a long time working my way up the ladder, isn’t as rosy as it looks. No benefits at being at the top and no support what so ever from regional directors. They give you no praise to you or your staff for trying to do the best you can. They have there Clear favourites from being stuck up means you get your own way. No perks in the job role, salary low especially when expected to work long hours and get nothing back, bonuses unrealistic. t isn’t all what it seems anymore. It’s all money orientated & expansion not only in the uk but globally.
Great environment to work
Early Years Educator (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath17 August 2018
Great environment to work in with great opportunities. everyday is different with something new to learn and different activities to provide the children with
Awful place to work
QEYE (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire17 August 2018
I found my experience working here absolutely awful. I hated it. The nursery is run by a manager who clearly has favourites and just goes along with her favourites. Clear favouritism shown here. No support given to you and people act all nice to your face and speak about you behind your back. Working here is like being a pupil at school again. Only the manager joins in in talking badly about staff as well. The setting is poorly managed and the manager takes the fact that they are in a mood out on the staff. The staff always feel the brunt of the manager being miserable and moody. Doesn’t care about the staff, but more about their own financial income. The manager makes it pretty clear that it a rule for one and a rule for another. The manager is really rude in my personal opinion.

I would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Everything- not one pro in working here at all.
Child centred approach
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 August 2018
Busy Bees offers a different environment than your average day nursery for children to grow explore and learn.
There are plenty of opportunities for career progression.
The children are at the forefront of all decision making.
Working as a strong motivated and enthused team gives you plenty of opportunities for success.
Pros
Salary. Bonuses. Progression opportunities for the team.
Cons
Work/Life balance
Lovely place to work
Senior Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire8 August 2018
I have found Busy Bees to be a great company to work for, they are a very supportive company, even during maternity leave they kept in contact and redefined my role helping me return to work with a busy life and two children. They have a strong support network, the management have supported me during my return, having regular meetings and conversations to make sure I'm settling back in well. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff I work with and the children we look after, seeing all the milestones they reach and supporting them in their development. Due to the constraints of my childcare, the late finish can sometimes be difficult, this I would say is the hardest part of my role, however this isn't a major issue, we've learnt to adapt as a family.
Pros
Support network
Cons
Closing time
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire6 August 2018
overall the workplace is good and its like any other company its what you make of it, there is lots of opportunity's to advance and develop, and busy bees are fantastic at rewarding nurseries when meeting targets. The company overall has a good feel and personally its down to the managers/rd's within the nursery and regions that make the experience for us as employees. The better the management team the better the experience, its not based on the company overall its down to the leadership within the setting and i have had nothing but outstanding management and leaders so my experience has been fantastic.
Pros
good benefit scheme
Recommended workplace
Room manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire6 August 2018
I would like to highly recommend this work place. I came in as a qualified early years practitioner, over the past few years i have progressed through the nursery into assistant room manager and further still to room manager. The opportunities for progression are fantastic, so many opportunities to develop your skills through in house training all at the cost of the company. The hardest part of the job would be the work load, you need to be able to manage your time effectively to ensure that you complete all that is expected, however their is valuable members of the team that support you when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with the children, they are all wonderful and that is what makes the job for me, each day there is something different and wonderful that sends you home smiling.
Pros
The loving team, opportunities for training, opportunities for progression
Cons
Work load if not managed effectively
good place to work
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Cleadon and East Boldon5 August 2018
good hours,great atmosphere,good people to work for.excellent training good pay and conditions.good social life as well.good for advancement.great atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busy Bees Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.