Busy Bees Nurseries Employee Reviews

Supportive, sector leading company
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  North West10 July 2018
I am a Regional Director with Busy Bees, I find my job most enjoyable as 2 days are never the same, my work is varied and interesting, I have been supported in the transition from Nursery Manager to Regional Director via my line manager, the outstanding training team and colleagues.
Busy Bees have a fantastic team available to support in all areas and this makes my job so much easier as there is always someone to call upon for any advice should it be needed.
The most enjoyable part of my job is visiting nurseries sharing their successes and seeing the children grow and develop.
Pros
great team, excellent training and support
Great supportive company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey10 July 2018
I have worked with BB for 15 years because they are supportive to you as an employee and encourage personal development by providing a range of quality training to you and the team. As a manager we receive support from our regional director and feel valued by them which I think is important.
Pros
Great incentives to employees
Busy bees godalming
Room Leader (Current Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey8 July 2018
Been at this setting for 4years now. Started at a very young age. This job has helped me so much with my confidence and has made me better around people boosting my people skills. I can't thank management enough as they have believed in me and pushed me to work to my full potential. They have benefits for working for the company and its the most rewarding job possible. We're like one big family. Many learning and training opportunities too.
Pros
Lots of training opportunities. Flexible days
Cons
No parking
Amazing company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey7 July 2018
The best company I have worked for they really care for their staff and it shows in the quality of care for children! Happy staff makes happy children.
Highly reccens busy bees!
Pros
Bonus, yearly pay reviews, own training accadamy
The best job I’ve ever had!
Senior Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey6 July 2018
I was given the opportunity to show my worth and have continued to progress ever since. I’ve had continued support from my seniors and fellow colleagues in a setting I feel very much at home in. I love my career and what I do on a daily basis and I’m lucky I get to do that somewhere that appreciates me as much as I appreciate them.
Pros
Career progressions within the company as a whole
Cons
No onsite staff parking
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey6 July 2018
Busy Bees are a large company but look after their staff. They have great incentives, good rates of pay. Lots of room for progression, if you work hard you'll reap the rewards.
Pros
Good pay and incentives
An excellent place to work with fantastic career prospects.
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey6 July 2018
I have been lucky enough to have an amazing career so far. They have provided me with an excellent career progression and wonderful trainers. Their staff are all friendly and helpful. Working for a big company means there is a lot of support and the training department is very broad with lots of opportunities.
Pros
Supportive staff and management
Great company to work for!
Room Leader (Current Employee) –  Surrey6 July 2018
I've been at this nursery for 12+ years. Great team spirt and on hard days we all pull together and make it fun. Love that I can do additional training and work my way up the career ladder. We all have hard days but it's the children that make it better and always puts a smile on my face. Looking forward to many more years with Busy Bees.
Pros
Career opportunities, childcare discounts, training
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey6 July 2018
Great company to work for, good salary, good people, you won’t regret joining the team, very rewarding job weather your in kitchen or with children directly
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours but worth it
Happy
Assistant Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Godalming, Surrey6 July 2018
I enjoy working for the nursery and get on well with all the team. Management are very supportive and everyone helps each other. Very supportive work colleagues and children seem happy within the setting
Pros
Friendly team

Want to know more about Busy Bees Nurseries?

Ask a question
Great company to work for!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  South West London, Greater London6 July 2018
I have been with Busy Bees for many years now and I'm in it for the long run. The training opportunities and career progression are never ending.
Great team environment and even though they are one of the largest child care providers you still get rewarded and noticed for your hard work!
Both my children attended their nurseries too and it's given them the best start in life!
Pros
Training and career opportunities
Great Company!
Nursery Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Surrey6 July 2018
I work for Busy Bees and they are a fantastic company to work for! They reward all staff for outstanding performance as well as inspirational teaching wth the children. The support network of the management team at head office and training academy create a robust structure which supports the nursery and staff.
Pros
Career progression and staff benefits
Terrible in every
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midland24 June 2018
Busy bees care about nothing but money. Children and staff are last on the agenda. Whole companies are destroyed by regional directors that are that far removed from childcare and pressured to provide profit over quality. Paperwork is excessive, training is poor quality and recruitment is a joke. Ofsted inspections are nothing but a performance put on by staff drafted in on the empty promise of promotion. Busy bees are so self absorbed that they fail to upskill teams but brainwash them to tick outdated boxes that lack creativity and fun but allow health and safety to over power learning and exploration... Poor practice in everyway.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management, poor quality, built on lies
Great
QEYE (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire14 June 2018
I love that there are lots of promotion opportunity's, and plenty of support to progress in my career.

Great team to work with and long standing staff, we are one big family.

I feel valued and listened to, I will happily go to my managers with any concerns or even just to have a chat about anything.

I can access training at any time using an online training portal to do courses whenever I want.
Senior Nursery staff
Senior Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent12 June 2018
Good place to work, it’s a Happy environment happy children and good room for progression. Management are happy to offer support and mentor staff as needed.
Pros
Flexible hours to meet family needs when possible
Awful!
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent4 June 2018
Horrible place to work. Staff are kind to your face and extremely two faced behind your back. Management is way too young and inexperianced and is incapable of running the nursery to the standards you would expect. Half an hour lunch break for extremely long shifts is ridiculous. By the time you start to relax its time to go back to the room! Very limited in what you can plan and do with the children. HORRIBLE place to work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Low wage. Short lunch break. Incapable management
Fun workplace
Early Years Practitioner - Bank Staff (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford31 May 2018
Interview
Initial Application form sent in followed by telephone interview and then formal interview at head office. Formal but friendly and approachable. Very open and made me feel at ease.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun
Bad company
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 May 2018
Awful company to work for, bad management head office just as bad. Staff turnover is dreadful. Company Promise you great benefits then take them off you as soon as you are given them.
Cons
Good staff/awful management and head office
Senior room manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow24 May 2018
I worked for 14 years both my children went to nursery
They say you leave management not the job and this is so true I did long hours and worked hard
My team were amazing, to the point most followed me when I left
The management don’t praise you, neither does head office
You only get were you want because who you know and how hard you suck up to the right people, not because your good at your job
You do get great benefits and pension
The team is what makes the nursery not the pen pushers
Pros
Good pension good team
Cons
Long hours/ treated rubbish and bad management
Excellent workplace
Regional director (Current Employee) –  NSC13 May 2018
Great place to work for someone who wants progression, support and a long term career. Unlimited training opportunities, management support and a growing organisation. Some days a tough but there's always someone to help or to guide you through. Children and families are at the forefront of everything they do.
Pros
Great career opportunities, head office support, ongoing training
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busy Bees Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.