Busy Bees Nurseries

Busy Bees Nurseries Employee Reviews

United Kingdom421 reviews
Management favouritism
I’ve work for busy bees in the past and loved working for to company, we were like a family!
when I went to uttoxeter after 3yr of leaving the company I was Thrilled to join the company again!

Unfortunately I didn’t have a good experience within my first week I had normal girly drama but nothing I couldn’t deal with, within a months time I wasgoing home upset As management wasn’t doing anything about it.

I moved within a months time and wouldn’t recommend the nursery due to that member of staff.
Fun and happy place.
A very lovely place to work, all the staff are friendly and I got along well with everyone. Would recommend to anyone, and really enjoyed all age groups.
Avoid
Stress is an understatement. High turn over of staff. Unprofessional management. Thieves in the building. You never get to go home at your finish time, generally an hour or so later so family life and home suffer. Dreadful favouritism and bullying. Two faced staff. Need I go on. My advice is avoid!!! I’ve seen staff crying on numerous occasion due to the stress. Paper work is far too much and expectations unrealistic and you hardly ever get time to actually be with the children.
Pros
Cons
Longs hours. Low pay. Unrealistic expectations. Spiteful staff. Unprofessional management.
easy to work as the staff are kind and friendly
i worked there for a week however i wish it was for longer as they provided a great workplace environment and all the staff was friendly sand easy to talk to however the only challenging aspect of the job was taking care of the children and having to act fast and smart when some accident had occurred
Pros
next to shops, free lunches
Cons
a little stressful when an accident occurs
Great Team
One of best nurseries I’ve worked in with lots of opportunity to move forward in your career. Work towards qualifications etc. Good communication as part of a team supporting one another.
Stressful!!!
I worked in the toddlers and preschool rooms. The toddlers had no set routine in the room to keep them busy. preschool room leader was arrogant and rude and I felt uncomfortable working in preschool. Other hand senior management was easy to approach and understanding
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not organised well
Awful
Treated awfully. No way to gain promotion. God forbid if you are ill or hurt. Manager and deputy manager where rude and two faced. Communication is awful between rooms and managers.
Pros
Relatively good pay
Cons
Managers are rude
Lovely place to work
I have worked for busy bees for a few years and I enjoy my job and time there. There are very supportive and understanding l. The children are keen to learn and parent partnership is second to none.
Horrible work environment
Staff are not valued at all. They make you feel utterly worthless. Long hours, minimum wage, high stress. I was there 5 months and the first month they didn't pay me for and I didn't receive a single pay slip the whole time I was there! A despicable company with a disgusting approach to childcare.
Would not recommend
Not a good company to work for. Some incredible employees but not valued or appreciated by senior management. We are all replaceable and disposable.
Staff in nurseries are fab but some senior staff are toxic. Would not recommend. To big with a culture of poor office politics and clix
Uncomfortable and judgemental.
Within this experience of work placement at Busy Bees Day Nursery, I wouldn't recommend the job to people searching for jobs. I found the setting a judgemental workplace to be in, including from both the nursery nurses and manager. I felt as though you were looked down upon when making suggestions with activates and to help the children's routines to be maintained. There were many days where children were given the same or similar meals and weren't given different foods to each, having an impact on their daily diet, especially when they were at the nursery full time. There were even times that parents were lied to, so that the nurses didn't have to explain situations or explain themselves. These included situations such as children not eating their meals or snacks and also when children didn't have naps either.
Horrible
This has to be one of the worst nurseries I have ever worked at, I only did seven months, they do not recognize any hard work by the staff, they do not thank you for going the extra mile. They do not want to give any relative support when you need it and are not willing to be accommodating when it comes to your own family and family needs.
Cons
good
good working environment. Time is flexible. You get help and support when needed. Will defo recommend as ever day is not the same. There is also allot of learning opportunities
Hi,

Thank you for your review about Busy Bees, we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with us and our future employees. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working with us. It is people like you that help Busy Bees give every child the best start in life.

Stressful
Management don’t care about certain staff! Long hours, not enough pay! Only cares about themselves. Treat unfairly! Awful place to work, I was pregnant and they don’t care about the welfare, breaks all confidently when talking to management
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review Busy Bees. We are sorry that you feel we are not following our Core Values of (Care / Service / Quality / Value). If you feel this is something you would like to discuss further, please contact me on vicoria.barker@busybees.com so I can help to improve things.

Terrible
Nursery life is good until the higher up management get involved! They only want you to progress personally if it suits them! They are all about having more staff that don’t really know the job role than supporting good loyal staff that are capable of progressing.
Constantly working extra hours and not getting paid for it!! Having to work weekends every so often for free for open days. Overworked and underpaid. Always having to do online training in your own time and not getting paid for it.

Commitment is key
No two days are the same and yes there are always challenges, but if your prepared to go the extra mile and are passionate about making a difference this company is definitely for you. Nothing in life is easy and if your expecting to do the bare minimum then this is not the place for you. Childcare is tough but if you put the effort in the rewards are endless - it’s about the children at the end of the day and they deserve the best

Fast paced
Work can become quite stressful at times but it is all worth it when you see how happy the children are. Management are very supportive and look after your well-being especially when your going through a rough time.

Terrible management ethos
Nursery it’s self is a lovely environment, staff team are amazing and the care they provide is fantastic.

Recent management changes are for the worse. New senior manager is profit oriented costing loyal long-standing relief staff their livelihood.

Unsupportive of staff health and wellbeing instead piling on pressure pushing you to breaking point. Entire management team left or leaving as a result.

Absolute shame - I’d rather be unemployed than unhappily employed by Busy Bee.
5 March 2020
Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Busy Bees. Our mission is to deliver high quality childcare and exiting opportunities for learning that give every child a head start as they prepare for school. Thank you for all that you have contributed to our children, despite your current feelings. Thank you for letting us know about how you feel and we will strive to do better because of this feedback.

Kind Regards,

Jenna
Poor management, stressful environment
A sad, disheartening experience, with an extremely poor manager, who takes the mental health of her staff as a big joke. You're made to feel extremely guilty for having time off sick. Things are said in the office in front of staff that maybe private with no regards to the persons thoughts and feelings.

Kind Regards,

Jenna
Workplace
Very focused, well run company.
Lots of changes all the time

Good Carer development

Supportive through training

Good teams at the nurseries

A lot of people work here for many years
Hi,

Thank you for your review about Busy Bees, we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with us and our future employees. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us. It is people like you that help Busy Bees give every child the best start in life.

Sarah
Poorly managed place to work
The atmosphere at Busy Bees Haling Park was always stressful and poorly managed. Staff are often left unsupported by members of the management team. The salary is definitely not worth the stress

Victoria
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Busy Bees Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.