Burtons Biscuits

Burtons Biscuits Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
Very hard and difficult job but if you manage to do it it is very active and not boring. People are very friendly and productive even if payment, especially for overtime is not as used to be.
Pros
Very nice co-workers. Very high security and management. awesome people and supportive.
Cons
Minimum pay. In some units very difficult work places, so many people come and leave after some time.
Very poor communication and poor quality and very poor the way you was treated and spoken to by the team leader and management sometimes the staff was very offensive
All staff other than the manager and one team leader were agency. So all line leaders were in the knowledge there job was as safe as the operatives even after 5/6 years of loyalty as I witnessed two people who had served this time be sacked over a menial dispute.

Also they bare no responsibility for vulnerable staff members during the pandemic.
Pros
3 breaks/8hr shift. Usually 15 minutes so eat your food fast.
Cons
Poor communication, unrealistic targets (regarding safety of staff) etc.
Poorly management!!!! I never seen s*it managers like at Burton’s.No education and experience in biscuits industry.They can’t manage people.If u aren’t from Burton’s friends or family(clique),your job is on the packing floor like a human-robo or zombie 🧟‍♂️.They are treating people very bad...If you aren’t put “ finger into manager a*se u are enemy. Absolutely PRISON CAMPUS..There are a lot of sad and backstabber people.Avoid this place!!
i was in charge of ordering laundry and lockers for the whole factory, all employees including ordering locker keys, cleaning equipment, sending invoices to companies to pay for stock and clothing for all the seven hundred and fifty plus staff. i would order safety equipment including shoes for all employees. i also worked in the shop supplying staff with stock for their own consumption.
Bullying is rife especially from management and anyone who has a bit of authority apart from a few ,
Some managers have their favourites and they are allowed to do what they like
Pros
Cons
Bullying
I worked here for 8 years and I'm now reapplying as I think it's the only time I've ever actally been happy within a work place work colleges became friend the management on the night shift were fantastic like one big family
Money is ok and there is plenty of overtime and opportunity to work your way up, but there is a deep bulling culture that has evolved over the last 10 years which has made it an unpleasant place to work for anyone who is not staff. If you are thick skinned you can almost enjoy it as good friendships can be made there but that is small consolation if your not the type of person who likes being told what to do.
They don't do baggage handling there.
The staff are OK.

If you don't pull your weight, you won't last there.

You have to get moving a bit now & again.
Worked there for going on 2 years and NEVER took a day off for illness’s or any other reason....so called Supervisors on each unit talk to you like dirt as do the So called Management.....I warn everyone not to work there.....As soon as it went quiet for work they let me go but kept some people that had took lots of time off.Complete bunch of WAN..RS
not enjoyable when first started was fun exciting but now, all the managers want to do is ruin everyone enjoying there work life. in this current heat the company have offered nothing to help the staff.
Great people to work with but management could treat them better. not bad hours although sometimes shifts can feel longer if the machines break but overall its good.
Pros
cheap busciuts
Cons
management expect to much
If you work for an agency at Blackpool Burton's biscuits, be warned your job is not safe at any point and you have very little chance of gaining permanent work with this company. I've left a full time permanent job thinking I would be better if here. I've just worked almost three weeks and my agency sent me a text saying don't go back into work due to volumes, with no real explanation what's going on. I'm left now out if work with no idea what's happening. I was told when I got the job that if you work 12 weeks without having a day off, you'll be paid a bonus of around a thousand pounds, thats why I went for this job. So ive turned in for every shift, never been late, and ive worked the best I can. Now I'm left jobless with no income and no money to pay my bills in coming weeks. I'm so annoyed because staff at my agency said it was ongoing work, and staff I asked at Burton's they told me there is lots if work here due to how busy they are, yet ive got a text on bank holiday Monday telling me I'm not required due to volumes. I should get part of my bonus due to not working not being my fault. But I bet I don't haha, so funny this situation ive found myself in, I'm fuming with how ive been treated and lied to. You can if your lucky enough to be selected get temporary contracts with Burton's biscuits, but they are what they say they are until they don't need you, so beware of this. They are very strict and don't take absence from work nicely so if you can't turn in for every shift on time, I'd advise you not to work at Burton's. I feel totally used and lied to so other people - more...
Does not invest in people, no company values, directors with no people skills and only interested in bonuses.
Staff are treated unfairly depending in which part of the country they are, even though they promote ‘one team’.

If you don’t mind treading on people trying to get to the top then this company is for you.

Needs changing from the top down if its wants to succeed.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unappreciated
The factory is too hot, no aircon.
Not allowed to work if you are unwell, but penalized if you are off work because of illness.

Stupid amount of gossip and bullying in the factory.

at least half the management has never done or know anything about the production and machine operating yet expect you to perform miracles.

The hygiene is laughable as is the health and safety.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
I enjoy my time working for Burtons Biscuits Company, the company has provided me with a large amount of support and growth within my time over the last 7 years
Pros
Job enjoyment
Cons
N/a
worked night shifts , hard works, very busy working evirroment and was very noisy due to loud machinery , i enjoyed working there but left due to being on a temp contract
Not knowing what you are working until the end of the week. Amazing place to be if you like gossip because that is what you will get and hear. Managers and leaders have their favourite and if you are not one of them you will know about it. "Production Operative" no just call it packing
Pros
When the shift finally ends.
Cons
working there.
Avoid like the plague. Hygiene could be a lot better, also the staff treat you like dirt. Been there a couple of months, never been trained just chucked in the deep end and told to crack on with it. If you don’t get it or don’t understand the staff give you verbal abuse, any information disclosed will eventually get spread around by supervisors/ management. Way too much bullying by other colleges.
Pros
Half price biscuits
Cons
Long hours, no air conditioning, hot weather.
Been employed by burtons for a number of years and have seen a rapid decline in the company,mostly through bad management and low morale on the shop floor ,resulting in numerous cases of bullying between workers..it's not a good atmosphere there.the hygiene could also be a lot better.
Pros
Na
Cons
Too hot, lack of aircon
Good place to work with some fantastic people. The role was quite challenging and hours could be long but i enjoyed my time there. Management were very demanding. Pros outweigh the cons which is rare nowadays.
Pros
Good salary. Good workforce. Fantastic products.
Cons
Had to cover colleagues holidays by means of overtime for no extra pay. Work life balance.