BuroHappold Engineering

BuroHappold Engineering Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
it’s ok friendly cooperative place
full of engineers in structural engineering and highways in middle east ..........................................
workplace culture is great, a good work life balance.
although it can be quite challenging, no day is the same. The employees are great, and every one knows everyone with a friendly hello.
Slick, modern offices. Great location. Lovely people, lots of socials. Some amazing work being done by some very skilled individuals. They expect a high level of quality in their staff and the results show in their success.
Complete lack of positivity or cooperation, appalling leadership and mentoring throughout at all levels. Working at this company had a negative impact on my mental health. Rewards are minimal, overtime is expected but not paid, culture is toxic. I do not recommend this company.
On a day to day basis, work on a range of projects which keeps the job interesting. The range of work Is interesting too.
The management is good. Workplace culture is good.
I worked there for a week for work experience in my fourth year of high school. The team were very welcoming and helped me fit in. I worked with structural engineers, design team and Eco engineers.
Specialised in Architecture and engineering. Strong culture of innovation and creativity. International focus. Strong partnership leadership team. Great place to start and develop a career.
rules for employees are not applied to the Partners, if you are not a Partner you will never get anywhere !

nice offices though and some nice people to work with
Great culture with good work ethics (diverse).
Working with a lot of smart people, but sometimes there is a lack of management and organisation. Workdays can sometimes be long, but are manageable and there is a lot of flexibility in working hours. Current office environment is however not sub par, they do not 'practice what they preach' with regards to health and well-being in this office.
I developed a number of great skills working at Burohappold.
The office had a fun and laid back atmosphere with no obvious hierarchal issues.

I supported partners in the various disciplines and always felt encouraged to achieve more by them.

I would recommend BuroHappold for engineers all of levels and also recommend if you're looking for a starting support role.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Not a lot of room for progression for support staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BuroHappold Engineering?
Buro Happold is a welcoming and fun place to work. The significant projects allow you to develop a high status project portlio and career with added benefits such as chartership training schemes. The average salary is below other similar companies which is the companies biggest downfall.
Pros
Chartership training scheme
Cons
Long hours at times
Positiva, magníficas condiciones de trabajo alto nivel de proyectos.
Great people and great projects. Given freedom to develop and work on projects you find engaging. The salary is bad, and the HR department are not flexible or too helpful.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
long hours, poor salary
Buro Happold must be one of the best engineering companies to work for, depending on which office you are based at. You will be working with highly motivated and industry leading engineers. I got a lot of support and inspiration from my seniors and colleagues. However, I was not satisfied with the managers in my base office.

Pros: You come in contact with the best people in the industry, you get to work on great projects.

Cons: You probably won't get paid for doing overtime. Some of the managers do not know how to manage their junior staff.
Pros
Great work colleagues, amazing projects and career prospects
Cons
Unsatisfactory management, no overtime pay
By undertaking the project gained leadership skills, negotiation skills, project management, CAD experience, punctuality in meeting deadlines and sound understanding of mechanical product design, manufacturing and assembly process.
Burohappold give you opportunity to work a a huge amount of projects thus letting you develop your skills and knowledge at a fast rate!
Buro Happold have been involved in world class high profile projects for nearly forty years. Having spent nearly ten years with the company myself I have been involved in a long list of prestigious projects. You can expected to be treated as a grown up and personal development is encouraged by various in house training events etc.
This is a very good company and the best place to start your career. The benefits are quite good and the colleagues are kind and helpful.
Very hard place to work without any support from management, OR HR
I have never ever seen such a turn over in staff , business support and engineers, in all my working life.

Very dishonest company, lots of untruths told any one coming in soon changes their mind and stars looking elsewhere.

Regional operations manager very controlling, nobody is allowed an opinion unless it goes through them first.

Quite a few promises made but not kept

Some of the partners of ok, but others are so far away from reality, for an engineering company,

Senior managment has no problem bawling team members out if front of whoever maybe around.

Pay is rubbish.

No breaks,
Pros
Christmas party, and free boozy BBQ's
Cons
long hours and no respect
Rôle de technicien CAD avec des fonction de gestion de projet et de manipulation de données.

Durant les 8 ans j'ai bénéficier de nombreuses promotions.

Le management était excellent et l'équipe soudée.

L'aspect le plus difficile est la diversité de savoir requise et la nécessité d'une constante mise à jour de ses connaissances. Le rôle était très polyvalent.

L'aspect le plus agréable est la variété des projets.
Producing good work quality, working on international projects.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BuroHappold Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.
BuroHappold Engineering Reviews by Location