As others reviewers have said, BV is a very poor employer.
- Roles are advertised to cover a particular regional area, but this is a lie as I have been sent all over the country and rarely have a week in my own area.
- All the work is 'scheduled' by regional planners, who have no understanding of the job or the area. The work is chosen based on its postcode rather than any common sense.
- The planners don't actually contact the clients to arrange work, this is your role. But you have to do this in your own time.
- Managers are only interested in the figures and timesheets, and are not from a technical background. They therefore give little support to surveyors.
- There is very little progression or development available.
- The new contract means you have to do 2 hours a day of travel in your own time. So it is in reality a 50 hour working week (but only paid for 40)
- The work isn't finished when you get home, as you have to finish reports, plan work, do timesheets, answer emails, all unpaid.
- BV is seriously short of surveyors and most of the work is overdue. This results in unhappy clients, which you take the brunt of as you're the one on site.
Overall, the turnover of engineers is very high, and there is a reason for this.
Visiting different clients, who are generally good.
A very negative company to work for who will just grind you down.