Burberry Employee Reviews

productive and high intensity workplace
product developer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 November 2018
On a personal level, Burberry is a great place to work, the team culture is very strong and the majority of people there are there to work together. However the company does operate in fast and ever-changing environment so it can be very stressful, round the clock work.
Really Good Benefits
APP Associate (Current Employee) –  Street19 August 2018
Amazing benefits and shares scheme. Fun and friendly workplace/enviroment. Good rewards and incentive. Useful training workshops and great work culture.
Pros
Free Snacks
was ok
Assistant Designer (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire16 August 2018
the atmosphere was awful. It was based in castleford , worst area of yorkshire. The work was fun however i was only there for a short space of time because it was work placement
Ok
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire6 August 2018
Burberry is good and dynamic company I am proud to do I work in this company. I am not satisfied of payment because I am a fast and dynamic and quickly I develop their umiejetnisci. Burberry equally pays people slow and people fast with this I am not satisfied
Pros
Good job Accuracy Good organization
Cons
Low pay
was a great place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Blyth24 July 2018
I loved working at Burberry and learning new aspects to the job I enjoyed been part of their team. The only thing I didn't enjoy was constantly wondering if your name was going to be called over the tannoy to be laid off.
Pros
free lunch and fruit
Cons
unpredictable
great workplace
Temporary Job (Former Employee) –  Blyth3 July 2018
very friendly in the job and you always had something to do, easy job to get the hang of! im gutted my time came to an end hardest part was on feet all day
Pros
free lunch
Cons
on feet all day
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland2 July 2018
good place to work, but lack of job security. good opportunities to work in different sections of the company. training well organized. management are friendly
Productive safe and fun work place
Senior Leather Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 June 2018
I did enjoy to work for Burberry each day during that period. A typical day at work like work, work... work... work... work. I learned to manage my time/tasks better there and to communicate with other cultures better internally/externally, verbally and emotionally.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches
work experience
Marketing Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London17 May 2018
• Supplied creative marketing ideas forward to the marketing team.
• Planned and executed the 'What Makes You Happy' campaign.
• Conducted external and internal research for their website.
• Collaborated with designers and the editorial team on marketing materials.
• Recommended merchandise to customers based on their needs and preferences
Line work and poor management
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Blyth9 May 2018
Thrown in the deep end straight away with next to none help from management and worked long hours in a hot factory its always contracted work so could be there a few days or a few weeks then your laid off.
exciting place to work
PR Intern (Former Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London27 April 2018
I was an intern at Burberry and thoroughly enjoyed the experience I received. My team was friendly and I was continuously busy all day so it was a great overall learning experience.
Pros
free lunches
Good place to work.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ashington23 April 2018
I learned how to pick and pack a box with goods in to a high standard. The management were really friendly and helpful. Workplace was very busy most of the time. The hardest part of the job would be standing for about 11 hours. The most enjoyable part would be meeting new people.
Pros
Free tea & coffee
Cons
relaxed and a great place to meet new friends
returns processor (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland20 April 2018
very bad job security, agencies are always used and people come and go all the time.
most permanent staff are great but the odd few like to make life hard for temporary workers
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
tedious work
Laid back
Freelance Retoucher (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 April 2018
Management allowed their artists to work freely and manage the time well once the brief is set. Creative position with self initiated time management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes disorganised management
Good for part time
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire25 March 2018
I did enjoy working here as the benefits were very good the only disadvantage is that the culture is so diverse that it shows a weakness in the management control.
Great company to work for
Franchise Sales (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2018
Burberry is a very good company to work for, and has a very nice culture. They offer free lunch, sample sales and staff discount. It is going through a lot of change at the moment which is very exciting for all employees.
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative / Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Blyth6 March 2018
A typical day at work would include getting orders ready for dispatch at a reasonable time set. However the time I have been working there I have learnt the actual meaning of teamwork and reasonability, everyone gets treated the same and problems get solved in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was the hours and how many breaks we get a day I feel like it just wasn't enough.
Pros
free lunches, easy work
Positive workplace
Financial Management Controller (Former Employee) –  Central London2 March 2018
A typical day at work would involve updating fixed asset additions accounts; monitoring and prepaying new property invoices; and updating the cash-flow analysis.
During my 8 years at Burberry, I learned about the management of GRIR accounts; the practical steps of fixed asset accounting; and accounting standards relating to operating leases. I also gained further facility with the SAP system.
The workplace culture was very positive and generally involved harmonious relations between colleagues. However, I felt my contributions to the efficiency and soundness of accounting and reporting were not particularly well valued by the management, who seemed to keep themselves rather remote from the operations of their teams.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was the ability to work independently with control and sole responsibility for my areas of activity. I sometimes found the lack of leadership disappointing, but did not find it had much impact on my ability to deliver on the responsibilities I had taken on.
Pros
Free lunches; job stability; working independence
Cons
Restricted possibilities for advancement
fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland15 February 2018
a good company to work for very friendly and willing to train and coach you when you need it. the hardest part of the job is that you are standing for 12 hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fun workplace, slow on staff progress and decision making
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London13 February 2018
A young, international, fun work environment
However a avery heavy organisation where tasks are limited within a department, very slow development progress, slow opportunities for personal growth
"who you know and know what you achieve" culture
being an efficient, generous worker is no garantee for success.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefit package, international atmosphere