Burberry Employee Reviews

Productive safe and fun work place
Senior Leather Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 June 2018
I did enjoy to work for Burberry each day during that period. A typical day at work like work, work... work... work... work. I learned to manage my time/tasks better there and to communicate with other cultures better internally/externally, verbally and emotionally.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches
work experience
Marketing Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London17 May 2018
• Supplied creative marketing ideas forward to the marketing team.
• Planned and executed the 'What Makes You Happy' campaign.
• Conducted external and internal research for their website.
• Collaborated with designers and the editorial team on marketing materials.
• Recommended merchandise to customers based on their needs and preferences
Line work and poor management
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Blyth9 May 2018
Thrown in the deep end straight away with next to none help from management and worked long hours in a hot factory its always contracted work so could be there a few days or a few weeks then your laid off.
relaxed and a great place to meet new friends
returns processor (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland20 April 2018
very bad job security, agencies are always used and people come and go all the time.
most permanent staff are great but the odd few like to make life hard for temporary workers
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
tedious work
Laid back
Freelance Retoucher (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 April 2018
Management allowed their artists to work freely and manage the time well once the brief is set. Creative position with self initiated time management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes disorganised management
Good for part time
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire25 March 2018
I did enjoy working here as the benefits were very good the only disadvantage is that the culture is so diverse that it shows a weakness in the management control.
Great company to work for
Franchise Sales (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2018
Burberry is a very good company to work for, and has a very nice culture. They offer free lunch, sample sales and staff discount. It is going through a lot of change at the moment which is very exciting for all employees.
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative / Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Blyth6 March 2018
A typical day at work would include getting orders ready for dispatch at a reasonable time set. However the time I have been working there I have learnt the actual meaning of teamwork and reasonability, everyone gets treated the same and problems get solved in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was the hours and how many breaks we get a day I feel like it just wasn't enough.
Pros
free lunches, easy work
Positive workplace
Financial Management Controller (Former Employee) –  Central London2 March 2018
A typical day at work would involve updating fixed asset additions accounts; monitoring and prepaying new property invoices; and updating the cash-flow analysis.
During my 8 years at Burberry, I learned about the management of GRIR accounts; the practical steps of fixed asset accounting; and accounting standards relating to operating leases. I also gained further facility with the SAP system.
The workplace culture was very positive and generally involved harmonious relations between colleagues. However, I felt my contributions to the efficiency and soundness of accounting and reporting were not particularly well valued by the management, who seemed to keep themselves rather remote from the operations of their teams.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job was the ability to work independently with control and sole responsibility for my areas of activity. I sometimes found the lack of leadership disappointing, but did not find it had much impact on my ability to deliver on the responsibilities I had taken on.
Pros
Free lunches; job stability; working independence
Cons
Restricted possibilities for advancement
fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland15 February 2018
a good company to work for very friendly and willing to train and coach you when you need it. the hardest part of the job is that you are standing for 12 hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fun workplace, slow on staff progress and decision making
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London13 February 2018
A young, international, fun work environment
However a avery heavy organisation where tasks are limited within a department, very slow development progress, slow opportunities for personal growth
"who you know and know what you achieve" culture
being an efficient, generous worker is no garantee for success.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefit package, international atmosphere
Nice work environment
IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westminster, Greater London28 January 2018
Nice work environment, have decent it infrastructure, good management, nice communication between management and teams members, Multicultural environment.
Good christmas job. I got along with everyone tbere and was fun but got lated of as soon as the work ended.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 January 2018
Some pate of the job are physical and others are borring. Worked threw the Christmas period and untill February the work stopped. I loved it there in till I hurt my arm.
Pros
Nice shifts
Cons
Low wage
Creative Working Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 January 2018
Beautiful offices, good working environment. Career progression limited, however some nice perks such as free lunches and generous discount. Management are supportive and the company culture is creative and fun .
Pros
Free Lunches and Discount
Cons
Limited career progression
FTSE 100 Company expect the best from their employees.
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2018
Burberry recruite the best and expect hard work and dedication. Provide ongoing training to improve and maintain standards.
Benefits include free lunches, the opportunity to purchase Burberry Shares. Staff discount and Long Services Awards.
Skivvy
Picker packer warehouse (Former Employee) –  Blyth22 December 2017
Rubbish job on feet all day.If you like that type of thing and wrapping all day go for it.See if you can choose ure job .stay away from packaging wrapping.Boring job.
Pros
Free bait
Cons
Long hours not enough breaks on feet long time
Great work benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bicester Village, Oxfordshire11 November 2017
A day at work would be typically 8 hours, but you could be required to do more. I learned how to give 1st class luxury service to customers, which required some more detailed attention. Some of the management are difficult to get along with, but some are really kind and helping. The most difficult part of the job is the what the management expect and require the staff to do, but the most enjoyable is the team and friends you make, which makes the job more rewarding
Pros
Pay, 20 Minutes paid break
Busy but fun
Shift Manager - Retail (Former Employee) –  Gatwick17 October 2017
Working at Gatwick Airport is a busy and demanding job - there is a constant flow of customers, and customer service is paramount.
The organisation is good at delivering good customer service.
Luxurious work place
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2017
It was a great experience, working in luxury store on Regent Street.A had to deal a various people with different coultures, different languages providing them a excellent client service.
Quality controller
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire17 September 2017
I inspected coats for any flaws. And to make sure that they was perfect. I enjoyed worling there. I got made redundant. I could work by myself or with others.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Noisy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burberry. Our community is ready to answer.