Bupa Employee Reviews

Ok place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2017
Not too bad of a place to work depends on the management.
Some really nice hom3s for residents.
Very good food choice for residents and workers.
Okay hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Over worked
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 October 2017
Bupa is a good place to work if you like a challenge and working long hours. The turn around in home managers is high if you get a good manager you'll love your job.
At the minute we don't have a good manager so moral is low and people want to leave.
Pros
Free meal, free uniform
Cons
Long hours and too much paper work
Productive at workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2017
I am highly motivated and enthusiastic always willing to learn, work well with others as well as efficiently on my own.I am always up to new and exciting challenges and am looking to expand my knowledge, while also giving my best to my employer
Pros
Training
Cons
Horrible company, avoid at all costs.
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 September 2017
All about paperwork. They don't care about the resident's welfare at all. As a staff member you are just a number to them. Food appalling and at times had to fight for a packet of biscuits for the resident's. The company uses a lot of agency staff who don't have a clue and just sit down for most of the day on their mobile phone. Management are utterly useless. Never on the floor doing a walk around. Only come on to the floor to pick fault and bark orders at you. I would never recommend Bupa to anyone and I 100% regret working for this company. Avoid at all costs!!!!
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
Poor wages poor staffing.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria28 September 2017
Poor wages. No flexibility to your outside life. Poor staffing isssues continuously. Poor quality of life for residents due to staff problems. Lack of appreciation from managers.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Long hours. Poor wages. Poor management.
Paperwork led
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford27 September 2017
I found Bupa to be very paperwork led and task orientated. Paperwork appeared to be more important than giving good quality care to the residents.
There were some very good care Assistants there but very poor ones too.
When Management were informed, they brought in more paperwork.
I found that they pressured staff into working extreme hours and I personally found this unacceptable.
Call bells were ignored constantly, this was something that I had never come across in all my years of working in the Care environment!
I found their Induction training very good. It is a shame that this does not seem to be implemented in the Care Home!
Pros
Beautiful Residents
Cons
Task Orientated
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire26 September 2017
Good comply that invest in staff. Excellent working hours.
Brilliant benefits including overtime bonuses and incentives.
Great opportunities for courses and learning new skills.
Hardest part of the job?? Getting attached to residents and then saying goodbye.
Pros
Free Uniforms, Good pay. Free Meals
Good work team on ground level
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 September 2017
Good team to work with but can often be disconnected from managment, this often leads to misunderstandind and communication issues. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Lunch included on long days
Cons
Usually 12 hour shifts
worst worst worst.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 September 2017
I worked in this company on a zero contract hours. If your on a 12 hour shift 8am - 8pm your first break since 8am will be around 3:30pm. you cannot even grab a drink. If you work on early 8am - 2pm expect no break at all. Understaff most of the time people just come and go due to unprofessionalism of management. If you complaint management will not give you 2 weeks shift. If contracted employee conplaint about overwork, rota schedule regarding shift and understaffing they will be advice to take a zero contract instead. I wasted 2 years of my life in this company.
Pros
free lunch but no time to take it.
Cons
lots to mention.
just ok
Customer Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex17 September 2017
loved working at Bupa global, but more can be improved. The work load and consistency is not always there are there's disparity of the information in between teams.
Fun work environment
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey17 September 2017
My typical day at work is fast paced and demanding however, very rewarding and no day is the same.
I have learnt to work as a team and improve time management skills. It helped me to adapt to different situations quickly and comfortably e.g. staffing issues and emergencies.
Lack of support and direction from management and are very demanding of the staff.
workplace culture is ok.
The hardest part of the job is working without support and direction from the management at all levels. Constant staffing issues leads to a demotivated and tired workforce which then leads to staff sickness, further adding to the already understaffed issue.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the residents.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
long hours, minimal pay, no staff recognition, the management.
back stabbing members
Care Asistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 September 2017
all the staff are too full of them selves and wll be nice to your face and grass you up to management and the shifts were too harsh for the salery u got
busy
Full-time employment (Former Employee) –  Reading15 September 2017
Busy as an administrator, having to work weekends here and there. no benefits or lunches. staffroom is only a kitchenette with bathrooms and a seating area - microwave and toaster, no coffee machines. lovely friendly staff, low salary.
Pros
friendly place to work, very enjoyable
Cons
weekend hours, no benefits.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire14 September 2017
Pension plan good
Don't know what other benefits they have left 13 years ago.

Good opportunity

Great place to work was very happy there only left because of contract change.

Other members of staff very friendly and patients very friendly

Taught you first aid
Pros
Lovely place
Extremely busy and varied
Regional Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Dunmow14 September 2017
Day rushes by, management very busy, many really good and dedicated staff.

Hardest - not enough hours in the day
Most enjoyable - working with people and making a difference
Productive, fun working place, hard working
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland13 September 2017
I've worked for Bupa for nearly 2 year now, and it's been the best place I've worked in. The best thing about working here is making the residents feel at home and know that they are cared for the way they want to be.
Some days could be a struggle, for example, being short staffed... but there are most days where you have the perfect day with amazing, friendly staff to support you.
Pros
Amazing sand friendly staff
overworked, no benefits, would not recommend
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire13 September 2017
Management only care about what inspectors have to say. They are not interested in what employees have to say. Employees break there back's making the residents live the best life that they can have, and get no recognition for it what so ever.
Pros
meeting good friends
Cons
extremely long shifts and bad pay rate
Well where do i start
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland12 September 2017
employed as a unit manager, but may as well been a general assistant as worked in all areas of the home.
never got a day off to myself due to ineffective poor management. Home had loads of potential , most staff were good and the residents were gr8 to work with, and i miss them greatly.
Im sure this home will drop in inspection ratings due to poor manager and staff retention/ motiivation.

Time BUPA started looking at staff retention trends and look at the common denominator, poor home management!!!
Pros
gr8 residents
Cons
no management support
good place to work, very rewarding .
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 September 2017
Every day brought different challenges, very good team spirit, the most enjoyable part of the job was making the residents smile.. I learned so much in my ten years going from carer to senior carer to team leader, the hardest part of my job was when a resident passed away and I had to notify the family. I worked with lots of carers from all different cultures and we all got on very well. The management was very good at encouraging you to do well and they offered a very good training program including NVQs .
Pros
Free lunches and tea and coffee, discounted health care, free uniforms
Cons
12 hour shifts
Fun
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bupa Cromwell Hospital7 September 2017
Great Staff and Benefits, brilliant location near to high street and transport links. Your part of a team with great courses to gain knowledge onsite.