Bupa Employee Reviews

Found 863 reviews matching the search See all 1,130 reviews
productive workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 July 2018
i really enjoyed my time with bupa. it wasnt always the best but all in all the professionalism helped to get difficult tasks easier. a typical day was always hectic as it was a dementia unit but i welcomed the challenge. the management was good. the culture in the place was not always the best as there was alot of bias at times.
was my second home
Care Assistant/Unit manager (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey27 June 2018
I am lucky I was part of the team for 7 years. Lovely home , very good, strong team. I learned a lot. I had the best deputy for many years before she moved away then had a super HM for a year.
Stressful job role
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire22 June 2018
Always short staffed
Expected to work more than double the hours contracted per month
Poor rates of pay for the amount of work produced
Other staff going off sick and making it difficult to get cover in the kitchen at short notice.
A great place to work with great ethics
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex19 June 2018
Bupa is a great company to work for, they have a brilliant culture and vision which is delivered from the top down. They install the right values which creates a positive working environment for all.

Whilst my time at Bupa U not only developed hugely as a leader but made some great friends for life

The hardest part of my time at Bupa was being made redundant. It was very hard for me to move on. I still look back at my time as very positive. I would highly recommend Bupa as an employer of choice
Pros
My personal development and growth
Cons
Leaving
Opportunities for Great Career Progression
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead17 June 2018
The company truly invests in their people.
Every person may have different experiences in their workplace but I could say that the place I work in is composed of great people that strives as a team to deliver the best care possible for our residents.
A good friendly atmosphere and caring organisation
Recruitment Adviser (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 June 2018
Bupa is a great organisation to work for, and make a huge difference in the healthcare sector.

There is a good work/life balance and good access to Bupa benefits, however the pay really needs to be looked at, a lot of staff feel under paid.
Horrible
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire14 June 2018
Working at bupa was the worse job I have ever worked for. All memebers of staff are two faced and bullies, you get no help or training what so ever and just made to get on with the job, first day of the job I was meant to have a shadow day where i watch a memeber of staff do my job, but no one turned up so just sat and done nothing for 8 hours, manager was a rude and lazy and doesn't care about her resident's, only good thing i learnt at bupa is to never let anyone i know go to that home!
Avoid at all costs
Health Care Assistant / House Keeper (Former Employee) –  New Milton3 June 2018
I worked in a 70+ bed home and most days there was only 2 housekeepers, and management said we had enough overall hours (including the laundry person) . Management didn’t care about any of their staff . Terrible company to work for, under staffed, under paid,
Pros
Training, free dbs
Cons
Under staffed, low wages, poor management
New manager every month
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Burley in Wharfedale27 May 2018
Every manager that comes in changes everything. The latest one has stopped the hot meals for some staff even though we have had them for years and they are still advertising them. Ruined staff morale all you get is a piece of toast or a biscuit. They pay basic wage then take away the only perk worth having. Manager has full english in front of staff then goes home early.
Pros
Used to get free lunch
Cons
Free lunch replaced with toast or a biscuit
Staff were all excellant during my training
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 May 2018
It was a good place to work but very stressful.i learned a lot about dementia care but unfortunately it wasnt the right job for me.i completed my training but decided against the role fulltime.
Pros
Meeting lovely peole
Cons
Hard work but lovely atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Stowmarket21 May 2018
Being a housekeeper at Bupa includes cleaning the residents rooms, the day room, dining room, kitchen, washing up, hoovering and emptying the bins. I get along with everyone there and the carers that I work alongside are lovely. The residents can be very sweet and it's lovely getting to have a chat with them when you can.
Terrible place to work!
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
Micro managing, know-it-all manager with patronising tone on a daily basis. Makes new starters feel inadequate. Some staff are nice, others act like they are above you. Need training on training new staff with warmth and not throw them at the deep end. Awful place to work as hours are long, awful shifts, low pay and its all about being the medical staff PAs.
Terrible
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset10 May 2018
Management and higher dont care about residents. Whistleblowing reported multiple times but nothing done.
Paper work faked, threatened with being sacked if I didnt comply. Got sacked and reported everything to cqc.
An absolute joke
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton6 May 2018
Worked for bupa for 1 year at oak lodge. The management are an absolute joke, gossip is rife and they have no understanding and there is zero support. The worst company I have ever worked for. The only pro to working there was the residents and there families. Management speak to members of staff very rudely, favouritism throughout and constant backstabbing. You need a thick skin to work here. I wouldn't let them look after a gold fish let alone a family member.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Worst company and management
lovely staff and great residents
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 May 2018
the workers and the residents were lovely to work aside, the residents were all lovely and you were able to know them on a personal level, the staff were always there to help with any need
Not good, no support for catering team from Home manager
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex4 May 2018
No support from home manager. Contracted to 40 hrs but most times do more, to much for manager to do, so cant concentrate on cooking. High staff turnover. Left to do there shifts. Bad experience in genreal. Pay is good other than that the rest is not so.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, little support
Good if better management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester1 May 2018
When you first start the training program is excellent and once you settle into your department it is well looked after. However the organization of department to department, manager to manager is absolutely poor. You would think a mental breakdown would be enough for another manager to inform your own manager to make them aware would be a simple task but this isn't the case at Bupa. Everyone but the employees are cared for, the managers are never around but they always ask you to inform them of things. The mental health policies have upgraded but there is little to none support on our own mental health. Target driven roles with impossible to achieve targets but at least they put in extra training for you, it doesn't always go ahead though..
Pros
Nice people, good salary, good hours
Cons
Terrible management and communication
Poor management
Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Various29 April 2018
Area trainer.2013_2016.
Part of a large team with a manager who was not supportive.You work hard to make relationships with the care staff you train and build up a rapport with the home managers to get home compliancy rates up.Manager expected you to jump through hoops,but never came to home managers meetings and say that your not a team player and are negative.
So glad to be out of it.
Pros
Free lunch!! Lovely care staff in care homes.
Cons
Poor manager. Long hours .
care home
BUPA's objective is to help people lead longer (Former Employee) –  Evercreech, Somerset26 April 2018
work in a care home is never easy but the team can make it better. learned some things that may not seem usefull now but later on in life they will, management was flexible but not as flexible as expected , wages / work is really unfair in any care house , hardest part of job is feeding time :) most enjoyable part is the time you get to spend with resident
Not good place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands23 April 2018
Unfortunately due to poor and unprofessional management Coventry Bupa office became an unpleasant place to work
Favouritism is thriving, no payrise for years, b ullying and haras sment from managers and their favourites....
I would not recommend this place even to enemy.
Pros
Cons
Poor management