Bupa Employee Reviews

Excellent
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex10 April 2018
Great company to work for. Good values. Great development. Good training program. Excellent benefits. Communication strong across the business. Would highly recommend
You have to spend a lot of time with company to grow
Administrative support (Former Employee) –  Holyport, UK9 April 2018
Good place to work for ,they provide you all the health benefits and 401k ,very good staff and management .They care about their staff .Professional people overall .
Productive and rewarding
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire3 April 2018
I worked with Bupa back in 2009, looking after the elderly and respecting their wishes. I enjoy working within the care industry and wish to make another career.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Care Home Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley24 March 2018
Here my work involved lots of activities, it involved taking care of elderly people. It was a pleasure really. I spent more time just talking to the pensioners as opposed to anything else
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No salary
Richmond Village Northampton
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire24 March 2018
This is a great company they are able to appreciate staff and all management is very supportive all the time happy residents great staff and if you're a good person they'll appreciate you're value! Great food, clean all the time in the building and outside (great gardens) .
Pros
Paid brakes, great food, lovely staff
customer satisfaction
Care Assistant,Cleaner and house keeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 March 2018
Good company to work with because they care about their staff as well as their customers.Effective and innovative training to improve their staff.The care given to the elderly and vulnerable.
Fun and social work environment
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames21 March 2018
Great place to start of with. But at the end of the day, it is just a job, not a career. Management need to be more understanding and treat their staff like the adults they are, rather than school children.
Pros
Room for moving around internally
Cons
Management style
Bupa
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester19 March 2018
Running a 80 seat call centre was a new challenge which was very enjoyable.

The demands of working in a heavily regulated market yet developing process to become more efficient and effective was a very good experience.

Learnt a lot about coaching and developing people in this role and how to be more collaborative.
Hard work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough16 March 2018
Being a 24/7 operation means being available 7 days a week. Cannot always plan leisure time as often called in to cover absences. Long hours & little time off
Pros
Reasonably close to home
Cons
Challenging and loving workplace.
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge15 March 2018
Every day is different, each day presents new challenges which may need new approaches from myself and my team. I have learned a lot about working in care, not only the logistics of care and support, but also emotional intelligence and sensitivity.
The management is good, it is a tough job, a physically and emotionally draining job, yet the team and management show up and work their hardest until the day is through. Everyone there is commendable for their compassion and perseverance.
The hardest part of the job I believe is threefold. Firstly, when I first started I was very anxious, as working with vulnerable people who could be terribly injured if the slightest thing went wrong was on my mind. As time went on it became easier to relax. Secondly, the emotional roller-coaster that is within a care home makes the day even more challenging. Lastly, grieving for passed residents is an emotional challenge, as it is impossible to not grow attached to not only the residents, but their families also.
However, the team here is outstanding, all are committed and compassionate, and we all work together not only to do the job but to raise the morale within the workplace. I believe the support we get from each other is the best part of working here, and it helped me get through the harder times.
Pros
Great team, free lunches, emotional and physical support.
Cons
Long hours, emotionally and physically challenging.

Want to know more about Bupa?

Ask a question
Very focused on money making.
Receptionist and Administrator (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2018
Managers are far too young and b*tchy. Constantly talk about how poor other centres are and what they have 'achieved'. Poorly managed in terms of customer service and complaints.(passes buck)
behaviour is poor, is suppose to be a 'professional' place of work..all that matters to them is the money made that week. No unity as the pettyness rubs off on other colleagues.
Far too many favourites thats why there is such a high turn over in staff.
Quite stressful and should be titled somethong else other than receptionist due to all the other duties you habe to do for quite poor pay! Esp if you are in the city. Would recommend for experience but very little progression to work your way up.
Pros
Lunch hour
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, petty managers=petty colleagues
Really great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays6 March 2018
I really enjoy working here, best decision made. My boss is really focused on helping me manage my work life balance and what I want to get out of work and my development. Really love it,
Pros
conservatory, culture, management
Cons
pay could be better
Really great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays6 March 2018
Pros
conservatory, culture, management
Cons
pay could be better
Unsupportive management
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames6 March 2018
Bupa don't seem to care that they have such a high turn over of staff. The inflexibility from them makes for a very difficult and stressful work environment. If you value your sanity and self confidence, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere for a job!
I love it
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester6 March 2018
I'd never worked for a call centre before coming here and I wish all call centre workers cared as much as Bupa member service advisers do. Really friendly, helpful atmosphere, and if you want to get on, there are all kinds of opportunities to develop your career--not just on the call centre side of things.
Pros
Nice people, company actively promotes work/life balance
Cons
Some managers are better than others...
A great place to work
Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 March 2018
A great environment with friendly, helpful colleagues. Very understanding of childcare issues and open to flexible working. Management very approachable and helpful.
Pros
Great colleagues and flexible working
amazing people
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey1 March 2018
i have never worked at a company that has looked after its emplyees so well and the people i worked with were amazing
but the role i was in was not the role for me
Pros
the people the managers the company
Cons
the customers on the phone were just to much for me
Fun place
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
Best place to work! staff are friendly management are very kind, company is very supportive. always recommends to work in a friendly environment

amazing place to work!
became an impossible work environment
Various roles (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey20 February 2018
When I first started in 1995 it was a very enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunitoes to learn and advance through training and coaching. However, by the end of my time there the workplace environment had become almost intolerable due to various company strategy changes.
Pros
location and people
Cons
very boring
Excellent work place
Hospital Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester18 February 2018
As soon as you walked into the workplace you were happy, everyone would smile and say hello ask about your evening brilliant.
I learned a lot at Bupa medical terminology, how to get information at the tap of a button I even learned about Radiology and what the patient would need to do before a scan or X-ray.
The managers were very helpful and were always there for you to advise they never said well that was a silly question !
The hardest part of the job there wasn't one, the most enjoyable was helping people who had real problems.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
N/a