Bupa Employee Reviews

Nice work place meeting new people,
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, & Leeds5 December 2017
To Provide Residents with High Standards of Quality Care.
To start at 20.00 -8am night shift is always different and challenging.look forward for each shift - {visaversa}
Ive learned every aspects of working for Bupa, been in care section 14 years. i never Judge a person or culture or disrespect in any way
The management are helpful and caring to all staff.
Hardest part of Job - every shift is different - looking and taking care of Dementia / Nursing/ Residential residents with all aspects of their needs on daily basis and - Everyone is an Individual person with an History.Background,and to Recognise a Problem and to understand. the person
To Build on a Relationship and Trust with staff and residents and other member of Staff.
Enjoyable moments - Seeing the residents Happy and for Me to have a Smile knowing Ive done my job right ready for the next Shift. and to go home feeling happy after a busy night shift. Im also helpful and Reliable/ Confident to Run a unit on my own and to work as a Team. To /Assist Help with Medication when needed to Assist with. 2 hourly night checks Update care plans etc make sure all residents are safe at all times.
To give residents there Dignity & Privacy. Confidential is Important. Safeguarding & Diversity & Equality is Quality of care..
Pros
Free meals - Free uniforms - Meet New People - Safe Secure Job.- enjoyable memories
Cons
Not enough pay - Long hours.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London3 December 2017
- Very vibrant culture
- A lot of support from management
- Enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with
- Hardest part of the job was managing time
good company
RBM/Regional Business Director (Former Employee) –  Bupa Harlow30 November 2017
good company, won many NHS contracts and delivered them to a high standard, was Antibiotics national lead. was in charge of many nurses and was lead on national nurse program
Worst place ive ever worked
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh29 November 2017
What a joke of a place to work for. Management allow bullying going on in there home. When u report it. They do nothing about it and let it continue. How does that make u feel and u have to leave with the lies that gets made about the person. Depending who you are if management dont like u they will do there best to get rid of u and if management like you and some1 reports you. They brush it under the carpet.
Pros
None for the time worked there
Cons
Management dont listen to u
Horrible place to work for
Senior Care Assistant (Nights) (Former Employee) –  Llanfyllin, Powys29 November 2017
Manager is a joke she has her favourites allows other carers verbally abuse other carers all she interested in get residents up early and early to bed some of the carers got no compassion at all don't know why they are in this field of work how they speak to residents I'm glad left the awful place backstabbing,lies,and bullying they speak one minute to you then ignore you the next manager speaks down to you thinks they are better than you.
Pros
Cons
Little pay, long hours, bullying
Enjoyable place to work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 November 2017
Support the elderly with mobility and personal hygiene
Ensuring the residents receive the right level of care to meet their daily lives
Tiding service user rooms/cleaning
Feeding the service users
Pros
Free transport to work on bank holidays
Cons
No comfortable rest area for breaks
Lovely place
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2017
Lovely friendly company.have met some lovely people and enjoyed interacting with patients.it has gave me confidence to better myself in caring for people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low wage
Fun and productive
Housekeeper Duties (Former Employee) –  East Dean27 November 2017
- Started at 8 am most days we had a short meeting and or training in health and safety or cleaning related.
- Management was alright.
- The staff were pleasant most of the times, a bit stressed out at times when under pressure.
- Having to clean 15 rooms in 5 hours, make beds, clean bathrooms some harder to clean (more dirty), empty bins, dust, polish and vacuum.
- The staff when not under pressure and the old people.
Pros
Breaks, tea and biscuits.
Cons
under pressure to clean 15 rooms in 5 hours.
Just a disgrace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elderslie27 November 2017
Well where do I start management not got a clue d and v constantly as they fling staff from unit to unit spreading infection place is disgusting out of date staff are ok most of them but stressed to extreme nyt shifts are under staff management leave without making sure nyt shifts are covered agency nurse constantly some help some dont they just sleep management dont bother about that residents are not cared for the way they deserve to be honestly we do try but can only do the best with what we have and its not good enough dont work here or put a loved one in here you will not get the respect or care you deserve

Incompetent !!!!!
Pros
Cons
Full shebang
Passionate about high quality care
Regional Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex24 November 2017
I enjoyed working with BUPA which gave me an opportunity to support the team to deliver high quality care and ensure our residents get the lifestyle they are entitled to. I am very lucky to work with a great team of managers and staff.
Typical British workplace
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 November 2017
There is a factory mindset in place; punch in and punch out. Little emphasis on staff welfare or advancement, bottom line very much the focus . Blame culture in place. Face has to fit, if not, you are in danger of being removed.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Blame culture
Good place to work.
Area Trainer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Cheshire and Wales21 November 2017
Enjoyable time at Bupa. Loved every minute.Everyday different challenges.
Regular meetings with HM to discuss training needs and session dates .
Training materials good and easy for learners to follow.
Pros
free lunch. Good working environment, excellent care staff.
Cons
Frustrating at times. Communication poor.
Felt like I was being brain-washed
Member Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays19 November 2017
I lasted all of three months. Maybe I wasn't cut-out for the culture I found myself in and was too customer-orientated. Despite constantly receiving good reviews during training and scoring high, there was always a reason given to prevent me from moving forward out of the training academy. Was this because I am an older person and didn`t fit in with the young, vibrant workforce? I`ll never know. Everything is time-orientated to the minute - toilet breaks, lunch, blowing your nose etc. I was told off for being on the phone too long with a client who had discovered she had cancer. I went for a break and was stopped by a manager who wanted to discuss something (work issue); I didn`t manage to get my break and returned to my desk 2mins late and was told to take only 8mins for my next break instead of 10 to make it up! I felt like a hamster in a cage on a spinning wheel and unable to jump off...
Pros
Great subs. staff restaurant. Free parking. Beautiful location.
Cons
The culture and regime.
interesting and understanding
hca/activity co-ordinater (Former Employee) –  Kent17 November 2017
lot of running around hours are very long especially when short staff enjoyed speaking to residents and caring. hardest was when residents passed away. lots of paper work.
Pros
only on long day
Cons
very long hours
Rewarding job
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 November 2017
Preparing meals for residents throughout the day to provide a nutritious meal everyday. Most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of a resident who has enjoyed their meal.
Pros
free lunch
Great team
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire16 November 2017
Great care given throughout I worked with the elderly and it was very nice.because I was on agency I didn't always get shifts I needed but they tried to accommodate where possible
Pros
Cons
Low wage
It was good, but hard work mentally and physically
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 November 2017
First week of my training, experienced staff were very quick on giving out orders, using me as a spare part. And then there were times when I had to feed 4 people at once and other staff were moaning because I was not quick enough while they were just sitting around watching. Most of them often say in the lounge and watch me until I made a mistake and shout at me in front of everyone.

However, other staff members were more accommodating and accepting of me because I was very new to the caring role and trained me on manual handling etc.

Shifts aren’t too bad, residents are a mixed bunch depending how they were feeling I guess.

It’s a tough job and everyday was different. I enjoyed the clinical side of it all. If you do not enjoy dealing with poo etc then it’s a no go. Requires a strong stomach as well as being thick skinned to take on the abuse of other staff members and residents.
Pros
Nice uniform, nice varied shifts.
Cons
Stinks, lack of decent equipment
Long days worth nothing in the end!
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines14 November 2017
Management is terrible, they want to hear your feedback and do nothing with it. I know it is an office but the talking behind backs in horrid, can make you feel extremely uncomfortable at times. They expect you to work 8-8 to hit a target that is worth nothing in the end because if the quality team aren't your friends one month you're over. Shifts are alright if you're okay with working random shifts between 8-8 and the 1 Saturday in 4. Hard to swap shifts and book holiday if too many people are already on holiday. Hardest part is long phone calls with time wasting customers. Salary was different for different groups of new starters, basic salary isn't great for the effort you put in.
Pros
Good Benefits!
Cons
Long Hours, Management
fun fast pace workplace
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 November 2017
the management was not the best. the residents needs wasn't always met. the most challenging part of the job was using the equipment as wasn't always trained correctly. the down side to this job was the hours and there was never enough staff or pads for all the residents
A fun and friendly workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 November 2017
You learn to be more friendly in this environment and open to communicate with the care workers and old people. You also take part in activities with them which is quite fun and good for the community
Pros
Free Breakfast