Bupa Employee Reviews

Bupa
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester19 March 2018
Running a 80 seat call centre was a new challenge which was very enjoyable.

The demands of working in a heavily regulated market yet developing process to become more efficient and effective was a very good experience.

Learnt a lot about coaching and developing people in this role and how to be more collaborative.
Hard work
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough16 March 2018
Being a 24/7 operation means being available 7 days a week. Cannot always plan leisure time as often called in to cover absences. Long hours & little time off
Pros
Reasonably close to home
Cons
Challenging and loving workplace.
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge15 March 2018
Every day is different, each day presents new challenges which may need new approaches from myself and my team. I have learned a lot about working in care, not only the logistics of care and support, but also emotional intelligence and sensitivity.
The management is good, it is a tough job, a physically and emotionally draining job, yet the team and management show up and work their hardest until the day is through. Everyone there is commendable for their compassion and perseverance.
The hardest part of the job I believe is threefold. Firstly, when I first started I was very anxious, as working with vulnerable people who could be terribly injured if the slightest thing went wrong was on my mind. As time went on it became easier to relax. Secondly, the emotional roller-coaster that is within a care home makes the day even more challenging. Lastly, grieving for passed residents is an emotional challenge, as it is impossible to not grow attached to not only the residents, but their families also.
However, the team here is outstanding, all are committed and compassionate, and we all work together not only to do the job but to raise the morale within the workplace. I believe the support we get from each other is the best part of working here, and it helped me get through the harder times.
Pros
Great team, free lunches, emotional and physical support.
Cons
Long hours, emotionally and physically challenging.
Very focused on money making.
Receptionist and Administrator (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2018
Managers are far too young and b*tchy. Constantly talk about how poor other centres are and what they have 'achieved'. Poorly managed in terms of customer service and complaints.(passes buck)
behaviour is poor, is suppose to be a 'professional' place of work..all that matters to them is the money made that week. No unity as the pettyness rubs off on other colleagues.
Far too many favourites thats why there is such a high turn over in staff.
Quite stressful and should be titled somethong else other than receptionist due to all the other duties you habe to do for quite poor pay! Esp if you are in the city. Would recommend for experience but very little progression to work your way up.
Pros
Lunch hour
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, petty managers=petty colleagues
Really great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays6 March 2018
I really enjoy working here, best decision made. My boss is really focused on helping me manage my work life balance and what I want to get out of work and my development. Really love it,
Pros
conservatory, culture, management
Cons
pay could be better
Really great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays6 March 2018
Pros
conservatory, culture, management
Cons
pay could be better
Unsupportive management
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames6 March 2018
Bupa don't seem to care that they have such a high turn over of staff. The inflexibility from them makes for a very difficult and stressful work environment. If you value your sanity and self confidence, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere for a job!
I love it
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester6 March 2018
I'd never worked for a call centre before coming here and I wish all call centre workers cared as much as Bupa member service advisers do. Really friendly, helpful atmosphere, and if you want to get on, there are all kinds of opportunities to develop your career--not just on the call centre side of things.
Pros
Nice people, company actively promotes work/life balance
Cons
Some managers are better than others...
A great place to work
Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 March 2018
A great environment with friendly, helpful colleagues. Very understanding of childcare issues and open to flexible working. Management very approachable and helpful.
Pros
Great colleagues and flexible working
amazing people
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey1 March 2018
i have never worked at a company that has looked after its emplyees so well and the people i worked with were amazing
but the role i was in was not the role for me
Pros
the people the managers the company
Cons
the customers on the phone were just to much for me
Fun place
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
Best place to work! staff are friendly management are very kind, company is very supportive. always recommends to work in a friendly environment

amazing place to work!
became an impossible work environment
Various roles (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey20 February 2018
When I first started in 1995 it was a very enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunitoes to learn and advance through training and coaching. However, by the end of my time there the workplace environment had become almost intolerable due to various company strategy changes.
Pros
location and people
Cons
very boring
Excellent work place
Hospital Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester18 February 2018
As soon as you walked into the workplace you were happy, everyone would smile and say hello ask about your evening brilliant.
I learned a lot at Bupa medical terminology, how to get information at the tap of a button I even learned about Radiology and what the patient would need to do before a scan or X-ray.
The managers were very helpful and were always there for you to advise they never said well that was a silly question !
The hardest part of the job there wasn't one, the most enjoyable was helping people who had real problems.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
N/a
You can move from home to home.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 February 2018
Things could be better for staff and wages could be better and less paper work which would mean more time with residents. I personally enjoye working to both residents and their families.
Cons
Great employer and fantastic colleagues
Procure to Pay team member (Former Employee) –  Horsforth, West Yorkshire17 February 2018
Great company with some opportunities for advancement, fantastic environment and work life balance. Management can be hit and miss but overall i found them to be very good. Rewarded for exceptional work.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Not a lot of progression opportunities
short staff long hour
day staff (Former Employee) –  Farnham16 February 2018
staff are very short during the day and a lot is expected to do during the day shift residents can be very demanding and bossy. call bells will consant go off and if you don’t answer them on time the manager complains. free food and drinks whenever. can get along with staff. if you fit in!.. unable to spend time with residents. in the mornings a lot of residents don’t get done by night staff. so a lot is expected to do including doing them breakfast. lunch, putting plates and stuff in dishwasher up to 6 times throughout the day probably more depends how many residents use cups and plates and cutlery’s. doing lots of paperwork’s, and the manager is always walking about watching you like a hawk and you feel as your doing something wrong.
if you work night shift and request food they leave it in the fridge for 12 hours from that day lunch and for you to heat up yourself with microwave, the benifits are misleading. be warned when working for bupa a lot is expected. the seniors role are the medications round and if you make a mistake with the mar sheets you could seriously get in deep hole for it and sacked. mamagerment is awful if you talk in confidential somehow all the others staff knows about it. then the residents starts asking questions. nice home but you just got to fit in or you get pushed out.
Pros
free foods and drinks
Cons
long hours and a lot is expected to do
Hard and Hot
Domestic Cleaner in Bupa Carehome (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London16 February 2018
Working as a domestic cleaner I found working in the dementia environment both physically hard amd emotionally very upsetting. It began to be a real chore to attend as I felt it was making me depressed. Although I had an excellent attendance record it wore me down until I had to leave, even though I couldn't afford to.
Average
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire15 February 2018
Not the best company to work for, often expected to do more than your job for minimum wage. However, all staff are good to work with makes the job better.
Poor leadership and dispensable workforce
Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 February 2018
Bupa values its managers and uts managers only, particularly in the recruitment department where you only progress if you suck up to the right people. Processes are rarely followed and the business is not open and honest. The recruitment work is no different to call centre of agency work with unrealistic targets and poor salary offerings.
Saldly bula do not keep the end user at the heart of what they do as they are a profit oriented business
Pros
You'll like your colleagues
Cons
Literally everything else
initially I enjoyed working in this care home.
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 February 2018
My first year in this position was a great experience, after that as I was moved around it became difficult to deal with.
Although I made my views known to management nothing much was changed and I did not get the job satisfaction that I desired. The hardest part of my job was lack of good staff in a highly demanding unit.