Bupa Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 221 reviews matching the search See all 1,134 reviews
Productive, team based
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex11 January 2019
i had worked with bupa for 3 years in total. Very good company too work for. My typical day at work was looking after patients with assistance with personal care needs.
Pros
free lunches, paid breaks.
Cons
long days
fun place to work
SENIOR CARER (Current Employee) –  East Wittering1 January 2019
I have been with Bupa almost a year and can honestly say that I have never worked for a home like it before, fun and laughter everyday but the work gets done team work is a must.
Pros
free meal, great tranning
Fantastic Company
PEOPLE DELIVERY PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Field Based24 December 2018
Bupa is a great company to work for, it is very professional and supportive, Bupa’s values are at the core of the business.

The colleagues I work with at Bupa are very inclusive and supportive and collaboratively we are all working towards shared goals!
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, team work
Fun work place & Training available
Admin Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bupa London20 November 2018
Fun place to work.

long hours are tiring but if you like to work with old people and you think its rewarding then the job is for you.

Training is provided through out.

Management is not keen on providing full materials like bed sheets, towels, gloves, etc etc etc.
Staff is extremely friendly.......
Pros
Progressive Training available
Cons
Low pay rates
Don’t apply
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester31 October 2018
Awful place to work, no job security, take commission off you all the time not worth the stress or the amount of hours you do. Promised 1 late a week but 4/5 of them are lates! Not a sales job, not allowed to sell or advise wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy. Loosing staff quicker then they can get them in.
Pros
Cons
No flexibility, hardly ever get commission
It's a good company to work with
I cared for elderly clients which I enjoyed (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 October 2018
I learned a lot when working for them I have a lot of experience working with people and the public the manager was okay to work with I made a lot of friends
Pros
We got free meals when we were on a training course day
Cons
The hours were long 12hour shifts I did 4 nights
It was a good experience
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon29 September 2018
Working in Bupa was absolutely fine. However, I feel as if the salary was too low for my liking. The staff are very nice and welcoming and good at working as a part of a good team.
Worst job ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire8 September 2018
This was my worst job ever. Always short staffed because they pay minimum wage. Heavily reliant on agency staff who would have maximum cigarette breaks. If you speak to management they hear you out but nothing ever gets done. Bupa is the lowest pay care home in our area. The public areas are decorated beautifully but the resident’s room not very good. Bupa expect maximum commitment on very low pay. Maybe if you have a good Manager then things would be different!
Pros
Meeting and chatting to residents and their family
Cons
Long shift patterns and low pay
Amazing caring work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown6 September 2018
I enjoyed working for Bupa. It has given me lots of experience
The staff were amazing to work for and would also be really helpful if you needed someone to talk to.
They are respectful and would always encourage you to do more.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Activities coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire30 August 2018
I love Bupa and the care we give to the elderly to second to none.
The hours for staff are long and breaks are minimal.

A meal is provided which is good and uniform .
Activities are daily and cater for individual needs and abilities.
Pros
Very proffessional company. Feels like home
Cons
Constantly in the go. No time to rest.
Lacked leadership
Product and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 August 2018
BUPA care homes was a large organisation when I worked there and nobody seemed capable of managing the business as a whole, which caused confusion amongst the various departmental functions. It has since sold off a large portfolio of its homes.
One thing that BUPA care homes was passionate about was delivering the best care experience possible, but again this is often not possible with local authorities paying well under the market rate for publicly funded residents.
It's not a place to work if you get easily frustrated or need clear direction.
Pros
Good basic salary at head office
Cons
Low basic salary if you are a care worker.
Dreadful wages
Telephone counsellor (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester7 August 2018
Bupa are always recruiting bacp accredited counsellors... And hope to attract them for less than £13 an hour! That's too close to the minimum wage and its just not viable. If you were a trainee with few qualifications and extremely low expectations it might be worth a week working there... If only to show you what you don't ever want to do. I'm sure the staff are very nice and all that but their niceness won't pay yo mortgage.
Pros
Cons
Corporate prison working for a pyramid where you're the monkey and the money goes upwards.
Good to work for
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester30 July 2018
Nice place clean good place to work for hours r vert long tho organised nice resepsoin era wen u walk in all ways clean nd smells nice makes u welcome
Pros
Feee luch
Cons
Long houes
Awesome
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon30 July 2018
Ilove working for bupa they are great the induction was a wek long i got to know everything that i had to do whem i start i didnt have to pay for my bds and everybody was very suportive.
Pros
free food
avoid
Member Services advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey18 July 2018
during my time with Bupa, I was made to feel like a machine and didn't feel there was much of a work-life balance and although I'd met some lovely people the stress of the job was enough to make me want to move on
Pros
people, benefits, free gym
Cons
long hours, high stress
great colleagues
HCA (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 July 2018
its ok its a shame they stopped the free lunches on 12 hour shifts.
Managment wasnt greaqt at first but once manager changed it got better
rewarding...
Pros
residents
Cons
long hours, stopped free lunches, pay
Stressful job role
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire22 June 2018
Always short staffed
Expected to work more than double the hours contracted per month
Poor rates of pay for the amount of work produced
Other staff going off sick and making it difficult to get cover in the kitchen at short notice.
A good friendly atmosphere and caring organisation
Recruitment Adviser (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 June 2018
Bupa is a great organisation to work for, and make a huge difference in the healthcare sector.

There is a good work/life balance and good access to Bupa benefits, however the pay really needs to be looked at, a lot of staff feel under paid.
New manager every month
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Burley in Wharfedale27 May 2018
Every manager that comes in changes everything. The latest one has stopped the hot meals for some staff even though we have had them for years and they are still advertising them. Ruined staff morale all you get is a piece of toast or a biscuit. They pay basic wage then take away the only perk worth having. Manager has full english in front of staff then goes home early.
Pros
Used to get free lunch
Cons
Free lunch replaced with toast or a biscuit
Not good, no support for catering team from Home manager
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex4 May 2018
No support from home manager. Contracted to 40 hrs but most times do more, to much for manager to do, so cant concentrate on cooking. High staff turnover. Left to do there shifts. Bad experience in genreal. Pay is good other than that the rest is not so.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, little support