Bupa Management reviews

Found 360 reviews matching the search See all 1,107 reviews
productive and enjoyable place
Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Horsforth14 November 2018
15years lived in Bupa enjoyed every moment .Learned lots about care, management, developed personal career.
Wok place culture was so positive ad very supportive .
Pros
Free lunch
Don’t apply
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester31 October 2018
Awful place to work, no job security, take commission off you all the time not worth the stress or the amount of hours you do. Promised 1 late a week but 4/5 of them are lates! Not a sales job, not allowed to sell or advise wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy. Loosing staff quicker then they can get them in.
Pros
Cons
No flexibility, hardly ever get commission
Great team just not great management
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  London21 October 2018
I enjoyed my time at Bupa and working with a great bunch of people but I don't think management was really interested in the staffs concerns. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a lot on your own and not having any management around to help/ back you.
They also didn't help advance the right people.
I would recommend this work place but only if you are happy to not go anywhere!
Pros
good holiday allowance
Cons
no advancement
Not Valued loyalty not rewarded
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire29 September 2018
Having worked for BUPA for 22 + years, I would certainly not recommend them as a Company to work for. After being classed as a Head of Department was downgraded to support. A responsible position and at the end earned 25p an hour more than a kitchen assistant. I was expected to be on call 24 hours a day and was not paid for this only if I actually had to go into the home.
BUPA are more concerned about paperwork (for my department of which I was the only one) being "compliant" than the needs of the residents. Introduced I pads - no training received and oh boy is it easy to cheat e.g. 6 monthly hot water temperatures, paper records every hot tap temperature I pad only requires you to put in one temperature. (As far as I am aware not CQC do not like it)
Staff have no respect for the building, equipment and decoration and management just shrug their shoulders and do nothing about it. Staff turnover is awful, they no longer seem to start than they leave.
I stayed so long because I enjoyed my job. I retired, not a thank you or anything, just deducted me 2.5 hours off my pay as I left early.
Pros
Cons
To numerous to mention
opinion
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire24 September 2018
You never got a thankyou from the manager for doing a good job, manager shouts at a staff in the middle of the home instead of taking them to the office and explaining what the employee might of done, the housekeeping staff had to clear up poo when they weren't suppose to. The staff always spoke in there own language when in staff room when the rule was that they were suppose to speak English when on site of the care home. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home. We were only aloud a 15 minute break at lunchtimes. Never see any top management at the Bupa care home.
The receptionist and administrator was fine.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, 15 minute lunch break, management.
Busy and fast paste
Diagnostics Imaging Secretary (Current Employee) –  BUPA Cromwell Hospital15 September 2018
Typical day at work; monitoring all areas of Radiology, supporting the internal teams and external teams, ensuring all reports are going out to the correct Doctors and address. Answering to incoming calls, redirecting calls to the correct area's in the Hospital. Responding to emails and faxes accordingly.
What I have learnt during my time here is to task management. How to prioritise problem solving. How to work with a big team and help all in various daily tasks.
As well as managing and supporting the team. I always hold meetings for Radiology and the occasional MDT meetings. Booking out boardrooms for the year and organising refreshments. I have numerous audits that I use to help run the daily duties smoothly and catch risks and solve/avoid near misses.
The hardest part of my job is that I am the only secretary in Radiology. Sometimes it does take a tole on my daily duties and I normally end up working over time to complete tasks.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I'm doing my part to ensure peoples health's are being solved.
Pros
Discount on gym membership
Worst job ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire8 September 2018
This was my worst job ever. Always short staffed because they pay minimum wage. Heavily reliant on agency staff who would have maximum cigarette breaks. If you speak to management they hear you out but nothing ever gets done. Bupa is the lowest pay care home in our area. The public areas are decorated beautifully but the resident’s room not very good. Bupa expect maximum commitment on very low pay. Maybe if you have a good Manager then things would be different!
Pros
Meeting and chatting to residents and their family
Cons
Long shift patterns and low pay
Caring workplace
Dementia/nursing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burley Hall - Cottingley Hall - Southlands31 August 2018
A typical carer job, help people where they need it, promote independence, looking out for their well being & their best interests and we do some paperwork.

Any job you have heart in you will learn many skills, such as with this job, my interpersonal skills have improve & so has my understanding of people with dementia & other health and mental problems, other than that it is the typical training you undergo in nursing & dementia care.

I have worked at 3 different Bupa homes, the first home, the management was absolutely abysmal, the second home I went to, the management was brilliant, and the newest home I am at, the management seems pretty good but not been there long enough to gain a true/full opinion yet, my main concern in terms of management is to be listened to and something productive comes out of that conversation.

The workplace culture at all 3 homes were good, staff & everyone very welcoming, made you feel like part of a team and most of them were fit for the job as they deeply cared & wanted to do what was best.

The hardest part of the job is getting close to the residents & families which is inevitable & having to see the decline of the resident, otherwise, I would say finicky changes to paperwork & extra work without much reward.

The most enjoyable part of the job, which is the most important part in my opinion, is spending time with the residents, taking to them, getting to know them so they're comfortable within their own/new home as even the more independent residents feel frustrated & isolated at times so it is nice to make a difference to their
  more... life by sitting & having a chat with them, make it feel like home, even to brighten up their day is an achievement, mental well-being is extremely important.  less
Pros
Job satisfaction, Free lunches, Nice environment
Cons
Not being listened to, Paperwork, Being short staffed
bad workplace
Renewals Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey27 August 2018
worked at bupa for 6 weeks, I did the training in the classroom managed to pass 3 out of 4 competency tests and the 2 sign offs i failed the last test a few times, my probation was terminated and i was escorted out of the building. this has not put me in a financial crisis as i relocated to this area. i am not happy how i got treated towards the end
Pros
cheap breakfast
Cons
treated unfairly, bad workplace
Great place to work!
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester20 August 2018
My experience of working for Bupa EAP has been very positive. I have always been supported by my managers and clinical leads. Throughout my time at Bupa I have learnt and developed both professionally and personally with the help and support from management. I think Bupa EAP is a great place to work as the team spirit is great and everyone looks out for each other, but most importantly Bupa EAP care about their staff and customers and they place Mental Health in the heart of their organisation with a caring attitude.
Pros
Health Insurance, Brand New Building, Great Restaurant and Cafe, Good Values and Ethos
Member services
Member Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 August 2018
Absolutely shocking place to work. Staff are treated like children and managers haven't go a clue about the job and no respect for their staff. Staff are not allowed to make their own decisions and need to go to managers to get answers on what should be common sense queries, half the time they pretend to be on the phone or fob you off. The quality team in this place are atrocious, they are in the job a couple of months and think they know it all. They justify keeping themselves in jobs by moving goalposts to catch the staff out and don't give adequate training, then failing the staff on quality, these people wouldn't last a week in the job. The member services area is in a mess as the staff get told one thing and then another. Whatever you DO NOT WORK IN MEMBER SERVICES. AVOID
Pros
I get to go home
Cons
Lots
Long hours for little pay and no t valued
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  St marys Luton17 August 2018
When I first started was good management and staff were hard working but after a few years of being there a new manager started was worse than anything really brought the home down so many good staff left after being there for years says a lot about how it was run very poor not sure why still in position but the company it self was good not aware of how bad the manager was as was well able to hide what was going on but I’m sure they must be wondering why so many staff left in a year they staff that were there were some of best Carers I ever worked with and the administrator was very rude and unhelpful always moaning about having to help if asked and always wanted to know everyone business
Pros
Contract hours
Cons
Bad management
NOT a good company to work for
support worker (Former Employee) –  Bridport, Dorset7 August 2018
Not a good company to work for, they put money above care, promissed NVQ training, was always a reason why training could'nt be started, this perticular Home was run under a dictatorship, all the young staff going sick all the time, and the same staff, staff were picking and choosing who to work with and who not to work with, then failing to turn up for shifts
Pros
free meals
Cons
too many hours
Not enough staff and management who dont care
Care Assistant/Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield Peverel, Essex4 August 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. No support from the team, management don't care about anyone. The number of staff is way too low and if you bring this up they don't listen to you.

Overall I wouldn't suggest anyone to work here.
Pros
Food provided
Cons
Long hours, no staff
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester1 August 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. This is a mentally draining roll. I would avoid at all costs most staff are either off sick or hoping to leave asap. Most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
awessome sauce
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 July 2018
nice home and great career prospects with the opportunity to progress if you wish, the management where friendly and very informative and gave me all the relevant information i needed
Pros
excellent carrer prospects
Cons
Good place to work however can be political within management.
Service Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford qu20 July 2018
Good company to work for however management from a senior level can be inconsistent. This can cause stress and mixed priorities however the job in itself is paid well and the training is sufficient at entry level.
some shift rivalry
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe18 July 2018
A lot of rivalry between day and night shifts. Teams worked well together. Some members of the management team have very poor management skills. They talked about employees without their consent.
Pros
meal provided
Cons
staffing issues
productive workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 July 2018
i really enjoyed my time with bupa. it wasnt always the best but all in all the professionalism helped to get difficult tasks easier. a typical day was always hectic as it was a dementia unit but i welcomed the challenge. the management was good. the culture in the place was not always the best as there was alot of bias at times.
Horrible
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire14 June 2018
Working at bupa was the worse job I have ever worked for. All memebers of staff are two faced and bullies, you get no help or training what so ever and just made to get on with the job, first day of the job I was meant to have a shadow day where i watch a memeber of staff do my job, but no one turned up so just sat and done nothing for 8 hours, manager was a rude and lazy and doesn't care about her resident's, only good thing i learnt at bupa is to never let anyone i know go to that home!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.