Bupa Employee Reviews for Senior Care Assistant

Worst place ive ever worked
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh29 November 2017
What a joke of a place to work for. Management allow bullying going on in there home. When u report it. They do nothing about it and let it continue. How does that make u feel and u have to leave with the lies that gets made about the person. Depending who you are if management dont like u they will do there best to get rid of u and if management like you and some1 reports you. They brush it under the carpet.
Pros
None for the time worked there
Cons
Management dont listen to u
Horrible place to work for
Senior Care Assistant (Nights) (Former Employee) –  Llanfyllin, Powys29 November 2017
Manager is a joke she has her favourites allows other carers verbally abuse other carers all she interested in get residents up early and early to bed some of the carers got no compassion at all don't know why they are in this field of work how they speak to residents I'm glad left the awful place backstabbing,lies,and bullying they speak one minute to you then ignore you the next manager speaks down to you thinks they are better than you.
Pros
Cons
Little pay, long hours, bullying
Over worked
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 October 2017
Bupa is a good place to work if you like a challenge and working long hours. The turn around in home managers is high if you get a good manager you'll love your job.
At the minute we don't have a good manager so moral is low and people want to leave.
Pros
Free meal, free uniform
Cons
Long hours and too much paper work
Productive at workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 September 2017
I am highly motivated and enthusiastic always willing to learn, work well with others as well as efficiently on my own.I am always up to new and exciting challenges and am looking to expand my knowledge, while also giving my best to my employer
Pros
Training
Cons
Horrible company, avoid at all costs.
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 September 2017
All about paperwork. They don't care about the resident's welfare at all. As a staff member you are just a number to them. Food appalling and at times had to fight for a packet of biscuits for the resident's. The company uses a lot of agency staff who don't have a clue and just sit down for most of the day on their mobile phone. Management are utterly useless. Never on the floor doing a walk around. Only come on to the floor to pick fault and bark orders at you. I would never recommend Bupa to anyone and I 100% regret working for this company. Avoid at all costs!!!!
Pros
Made some good friends
Paperwork led
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford27 September 2017
I found Bupa to be very paperwork led and task orientated. Paperwork appeared to be more important than giving good quality care to the residents.
There were some very good care Assistants there but very poor ones too.
When Management were informed, they brought in more paperwork.
I found that they pressured staff into working extreme hours and I personally found this unacceptable.
Call bells were ignored constantly, this was something that I had never come across in all my years of working in the Care environment!
I found their Induction training very good. It is a shame that this does not seem to be implemented in the Care Home!
Pros
Beautiful Residents
Cons
Task Orientated
Awrful
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 July 2017
No loyalty given from management. Lack of professionalism. Poor practice. No support offered. Staff not properly trained. Staff given promotions when shouldn't as not suitable for the job role
Believes its own hype
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire29 July 2017
Initially sounded great. Promises of support, training and development.
Poor induction training consisting of shoddy presentation.
Constantly changing rotas and shifts without asking or notice.
Poor management and unit managers should not have been nurses let alone left in charge.
Huge moaning culture within the staff team although some staff were diamonds and worth better.
Care standards were good although lacking staff numbers to be able to provide constant quality support.
Would never work for Bupa again, they beleive they are great and underneath they are no better if not worse than smaller care companies.
Poor breaks and only get the so called meal free when certain cooks are on.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Poor management, constant short notice changes, lack of staff, poor break times, unhappy staff
workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton12 June 2017
job security, is an issue as the company is now selling off their care and nursing facilities so job progression, is a concern. we found out just a few weeks before knowing that we might have to either find new jobs or stay and have our wages cut.

overall the company was brilliant but the selling of the company's asset and not knowing about it until the deal had gone through was a concern as staff were unsure whether they had a secure position.
Pros
staff
Cons
job security
Good environment and fun to work
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire11 June 2017
A good company to work with, very accommodating and understanding managers. Colleagues are hard workers and easy to go along with. Trainings always up to date. Uniforms are free and very supportive company.
Pros
Free lunches
Shocking company
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull5 May 2017
Love the staff I work with but absolutely no support from management. Nothing ever gets followed through. Staff members being paid different but doing the same job with same qualifications. Clients care needs not been met due to been so short staffed. Staff turnover speaks volumes. Currently looking for new job.
Pros
The clients and people I work with.
Cons
Everything.
one of the best places to work
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire15 March 2017
one of the best places to work. the thrill that you encounter every day and night makes you think. it is a really nice place to work with wonderful challenges.
Supportive employer
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire11 March 2017
I enjoy working for BUPA, very supportive employer. They understand the needs of people in their care. Management are good in the hope I work in. I enjoy going to work.
Pros
Free lunch and supportive
Cons
Work you to your limits for minimum pay and give no support
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parklands9 March 2017
This company is by far the worst I have ever worked for within the care sector, the staff are worked to their limits for minimum pay and they allow staffing ratios to fall beyond the safe levels that are put in place to protect residents and staff.

As a senior care assistant for Bupa you are promised that you will continue to develop and progress but this is nothing more than a ply to get you to work there with the hope of growth but in fact there is no support from managers and the company is far more concerned with making money than supporting and valuing their staff.

The residents are treated like prisoners and hardly ever have any stimulation other than when a singer or entertainment is put in place, sometimes a lamp which is more of a babies nursery lamp is put on in the corner of the lounge and they call it sensory.

Never seen a place like it.... boycott it
Pros
Cons
Money orientated
Good
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 March 2017
Great staff, great benefits, job security & career progression and just really enjoyable going into work. Management are great with any problems & nurses are very experienced.
bupa
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 January 2017
Work hard. Poor pay, understaffed, I feel bupa are more towards paperwork than quality of care and the best interests of staff/residents
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor pay
was good to be with resiedents
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent15 December 2016
I enjoyed my job but mangerment don't listen to what you have to say
I liked my co-workers we worked as a team hardest part is trying to please everyone
Pros
liked being withg resdients
Cons
hours to long
Not a good company
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon13 December 2016
Worked for Bupa for overall 4 years. Company itself is rubbish. It's all about the money coming in and not the residents or their staff. Management do not support their staff when many times have been asked for support. No team work and staff getting away with it (no actions were taken) a lot of times when two staff on one being a senior and doing senior duties as well as a carer one person was taken onto other wing as short leaving one staff member to 11 residents. Being classed as a residential unit, we were eventually told that it would be changing into light nursing as they were struggling to fill the beds. They didn't take into consideration of staffing levels or the residents needs. There is a mix of residential, dementia, light nursing and mental health. Whilst working there I have known it being a level of 15 residents with two staff members. One being a carer and one a senior and finding it very difficult. A lot of agency was used as quite a few original staff had left. Relatives and residents were at one point starting to notice the frustration and stress on staff which is never good. Pre admissions never actually met the residents character (management job).
Pros
Free food. Paid breaks (has now stopped with new staff)
Cons
Stressful job no support
Overworked understaffed
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Penrith9 December 2016
Bupa dont follow what they say there homes are all about. They make you work at hard staffing levels and area managers don't even want to know your name. Bupa push as much onto the care team as possible and when you raise a concern you are threatened with warnings.
Pros
Amazing residents
Cons
Underpayed, no support, pressure
Not happy
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkley21 November 2016
Change of management all the time no looking after the good hard working staff. No one is happy people are always leaving their jobs . Everyone is over wo
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.