Bupa Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Avoid at all costs
Health Care Assistant / House Keeper (Former Employee) –  New Milton3 June 2018
I worked in a 70+ bed home and most days there was only 2 housekeepers, and management said we had enough overall hours (including the laundry person) . Management didn’t care about any of their staff . Terrible company to work for, under staffed, under paid,
Pros
Training, free dbs
Cons
Under staffed, low wages, poor management
Loved it
House Keeper/ Carer (Former Employee) –  Cottenham13 April 2018
Everyone was friendly, we all worked well as a team. I sadly had t leave because of my own health, but the manager tried so much to support me.

I was a challenging, long day at work.
customer satisfaction
Care Assistant,Cleaner and house keeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 March 2018
Good company to work with because they care about their staff as well as their customers.Effective and innovative training to improve their staff.The care given to the elderly and vulnerable.
AVOID if you can
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh17 January 2018
terrible working environment. Management are notorious throughout Bupa homes for their bullying and horrible work ethic. they bully staff into leaving and breach their own policy to fire staff.
Pros
Cons
management, bad pay, no care for staff
Lovely place
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2017
Lovely friendly company.have met some lovely people and enjoyed interacting with patients.it has gave me confidence to better myself in caring for people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low wage
Fun and productive
Housekeeper Duties (Former Employee) –  East Dean27 November 2017
- Started at 8 am most days we had a short meeting and or training in health and safety or cleaning related.
- Management was alright.
- The staff were pleasant most of the times, a bit stressed out at times when under pressure.
- Having to clean 15 rooms in 5 hours, make beds, clean bathrooms some harder to clean (more dirty), empty bins, dust, polish and vacuum.
- The staff when not under pressure and the old people.
Pros
Breaks, tea and biscuits.
Cons
under pressure to clean 15 rooms in 5 hours.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire14 September 2017
Pension plan good
Don't know what other benefits they have left 13 years ago.

Good opportunity

Great place to work was very happy there only left because of contract change.

Other members of staff very friendly and patients very friendly

Taught you first aid
Pros
Lovely place
House keeping
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Norwich5 January 2017
It was a good job for someone that just left school was boring when working alone but had a good time when working with others they gave me to much work and not enough hours to do it in.
Cons
badly run by management low morale
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  painswick, glos13 December 2016
love co workers. most enjoyable part is people i work with and residents. management is awlful. hardest part extremely physical far too much demanded of you.
Pros
Cons
as before
interesting
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  London10 November 2016
All staff are helpful and willing to help, great environment to work in too. Staff are lovely and the food is nice.
It has just been redecorated and have lot of new improvements coming along soon too can't wait. listening to residents stories are amazing too.
Pros
free lunch
Fun place to work
Bupa House keeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 July 2016
A day at work was working with residents which I enjoyed and I got on with a lot of staff but the management was very rude and I learn't a lot of respect i was only young and what I seen people passing away and being very ill brought me to have a lot of respect.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Enjoyable workplace with great staff
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Llandrindod Wells1 June 2016
I've been working at BUPA for 5 years now and I've enjoyed every minute. throughout my time the staff have been excellent, very welcoming and supportive, willing to assist wherever possible. The only way I can truly describe the people I've work with are like a family. I've seen 2 changes of management and all three managers have been fantastic, wanting what's best for the home and the people within it and striving to accomplish that day-in day-out. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting close to the residents. It's the most enjoyable part as they are fantastic people with diverse personalities and the stories they tell are gripping, however when they leave or pass on, that is easily the hardest part of the job, especially if it's a resident you are close to. Overall I've loved my time at BUPA and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Manageable hours and shifts
Cons
Occasional upsets due to fast turnover of residents
good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  london20 April 2016
I have got good colleagues, team members and environment to shape my skills and knowledge in my all work place and made me expert, flexible and improved my confidence.
Pros
team members
Terrible place to work, never work for Bupa.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  london16 March 2016
Management are rude and theres no discretion at all.
Your made to feel like your nothing and spoken to like you cant do anything good or right.
Specially when you;ve been with the company for so long.
Low wages, no sick pay, although given hours you more than likely to work over that, so basically you work yourself to death and get no thanks for doing it.
For a health care company they are the worst ive ever known, there are no benefits from it at all apart from stress and illness.
The only good thing is the employees are lovely to work with and the residents are lovely to work with.
I used to love my job before bupa came along.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, no sick pay, minimum wage

Comment – 10 July 2017

Do not work for Bupa, management we terrible, and they make you do jobs that aren't even in your job description!

Bad place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Preston8 March 2016
Bupa is a terrible place to work for the pay is minimum wage,the amount of work you are expected to do is unbelievable.They make out on the adverts for a job that you are given all these benefits well you are given nothing only minimum pay it is the worst place I have ever worked
Pros
Cons
Lots
Professional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Watford21 January 2016
Working at BUPA was a great company to work for, they are all friendly and i felt like i fitted in straight away.

I learnt how it all works inside a care home, i would now feel comfy if a family member was to go into BUPA's hands for care.
It was hard getting to thats why im looking for somewhere closer.
I loved all the people there i felt like we was a team, but also at the same time i didn't feel like i fitted in.
Pros
Free lunches, Friendly
Cons
Don't communicate
Bupa
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Falkirk15 January 2016
Typical day is cleaning and hoovering residents rooms and generally cleaning units in the home....the good thing is getting to know all the residents who reside in the home
not a good company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hastings5 December 2015
working for bupa nice team of worker manger no help head office can not help you wage all way late close home down in days free food free parking free unform
Pros
free food
Cons
long day
ok to work for
Houskeeper (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT27 August 2015
I had 4 different parts of the building to clean so was kept busy during the day, was tired after a busy days work, co workers were easy to get a long with, and supportive always had the help when needed.
Cons
BUPA is not a good place to work.
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 October 2014
I used to be a senior carer but due to personal health I had to step down, now I'm a housekeeper and the job is hard. I have really bad knees and now they got me working 10 hour shifts without sitting down except on my break. Minimum wage. No sick pay. Can't even request a day off when you need one... I'm looking for different jobs. I will not stay longer than I have to.
Pros
work mates
Cons
bad pay, long hours, no sick pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.