Bupa Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Found 259 reviews matching the search See all 1,108 reviews
It was a good experience
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon29 September 2018
Working in Bupa was absolutely fine. However, I feel as if the salary was too low for my liking. The staff are very nice and welcoming and good at working as a part of a good team.
Old glory dying in the worst way
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne11 September 2018
Whether Bupa was good at some point ages ago or not, is an opinion. Now a days Bupa is one of the worst Healthcare services for elderly people in the UK.

They just gave up time ago and all they are expecting is eventually shut down or sell the care homes to other companies like HC One (which is giving worst service even).

Since time ago they has stopped any important investment in the Healthcare field, keeping minimum wage for their HCA staff, they don't care about residents, just profits.

Are just places where you wouldn't like to take to a member of your family at all.
Pros
Cons
So many
Worst job ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire8 September 2018
This was my worst job ever. Always short staffed because they pay minimum wage. Heavily reliant on agency staff who would have maximum cigarette breaks. If you speak to management they hear you out but nothing ever gets done. Bupa is the lowest pay care home in our area. The public areas are decorated beautifully but the resident’s room not very good. Bupa expect maximum commitment on very low pay. Maybe if you have a good Manager then things would be different!
Pros
Meeting and chatting to residents and their family
Cons
Long shift patterns and low pay
Amazing caring work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown6 September 2018
I enjoyed working for Bupa. It has given me lots of experience
The staff were amazing to work for and would also be really helpful if you needed someone to talk to.
They are respectful and would always encourage you to do more.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough staff and management who dont care
Care Assistant/Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield Peverel, Essex4 August 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. No support from the team, management don't care about anyone. The number of staff is way too low and if you bring this up they don't listen to you.

Overall I wouldn't suggest anyone to work here.
Pros
Food provided
Cons
Long hours, no staff
Good to work for
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester30 July 2018
Nice place clean good place to work for hours r vert long tho organised nice resepsoin era wen u walk in all ways clean nd smells nice makes u welcome
Pros
Feee luch
Cons
Long houes
Awesome
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon30 July 2018
Ilove working for bupa they are great the induction was a wek long i got to know everything that i had to do whem i start i didnt have to pay for my bds and everybody was very suportive.
Pros
free food
awessome sauce
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 July 2018
nice home and great career prospects with the opportunity to progress if you wish, the management where friendly and very informative and gave me all the relevant information i needed
Pros
excellent carrer prospects
productive workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex2 July 2018
i really enjoyed my time with bupa. it wasnt always the best but all in all the professionalism helped to get difficult tasks easier. a typical day was always hectic as it was a dementia unit but i welcomed the challenge. the management was good. the culture in the place was not always the best as there was alot of bias at times.
New manager every month
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Burley in Wharfedale27 May 2018
Every manager that comes in changes everything. The latest one has stopped the hot meals for some staff even though we have had them for years and they are still advertising them. Ruined staff morale all you get is a piece of toast or a biscuit. They pay basic wage then take away the only perk worth having. Manager has full english in front of staff then goes home early.
Pros
Used to get free lunch
Cons
Free lunch replaced with toast or a biscuit
Staff were all excellant during my training
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 May 2018
It was a good place to work but very stressful.i learned a lot about dementia care but unfortunately it wasnt the right job for me.i completed my training but decided against the role fulltime.
Pros
Meeting lovely peole
Terrible
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset10 May 2018
Management and higher dont care about residents. Whistleblowing reported multiple times but nothing done.
Paper work faked, threatened with being sacked if I didnt comply. Got sacked and reported everything to cqc.
An absolute joke
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton6 May 2018
Worked for bupa for 1 year at oak lodge. The management are an absolute joke, gossip is rife and they have no understanding and there is zero support. The worst company I have ever worked for. The only pro to working there was the residents and there families. Management speak to members of staff very rudely, favouritism throughout and constant backstabbing. You need a thick skin to work here. I wouldn't let them look after a gold fish let alone a family member.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Worst company and management
lovely staff and great residents
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 May 2018
the workers and the residents were lovely to work aside, the residents were all lovely and you were able to know them on a personal level, the staff were always there to help with any need
Productive and rewarding
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire3 April 2018
I worked with Bupa back in 2009, looking after the elderly and respecting their wishes. I enjoy working within the care industry and wish to make another career.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Care Home Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley24 March 2018
Here my work involved lots of activities, it involved taking care of elderly people. It was a pleasure really. I spent more time just talking to the pensioners as opposed to anything else
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No salary
You can move from home to home.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 February 2018
Things could be better for staff and wages could be better and less paper work which would mean more time with residents. I personally enjoye working to both residents and their families.
productive
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford1 February 2018
a place where you can learn and grow and have opportunities to advance your career with training and development. the job can enhance your knowledge and having better understanding to do your job.
efficient workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackburn25 January 2018
I have worked for bupa for almost 2 years on the nursing dementia unit, while employed here I enjoyed the challenge and enjoyed working as part of a team as well as working alone
Always a opportunity for overtime
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 January 2018
always low staffing levels, management never seem to be there to give staff support when needed, the costs for residents stay is not worth the facilities or care they receive
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.

Bupa Reviews by Location