Bupa Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Staff were all excellant during my training
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 May 2018
It was a good place to work but very stressful.i learned a lot about dementia care but unfortunately it wasnt the right job for me.i completed my training but decided against the role fulltime.
Pros
Meeting lovely peole
Terrible
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset10 May 2018
Management and higher dont care about residents. Whistleblowing reported multiple times but nothing done.
Paper work faked, threatened with being sacked if I didnt comply. Got sacked and reported everything to cqc.
An absolute joke
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton6 May 2018
Worked for bupa for 1 year at oak lodge. The management are an absolute joke, gossip is rife and they have no understanding and there is zero support. The worst company I have ever worked for. The only pro to working there was the residents and there families. Management speak to members of staff very rudely, favouritism throughout and constant backstabbing. You need a thick skin to work here. I wouldn't let them look after a gold fish let alone a family member.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Worst company and management
lovely staff and great residents
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 May 2018
the workers and the residents were lovely to work aside, the residents were all lovely and you were able to know them on a personal level, the staff were always there to help with any need
Productive and rewarding
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire3 April 2018
I worked with Bupa back in 2009, looking after the elderly and respecting their wishes. I enjoy working within the care industry and wish to make another career.
Pros
Great people
Cons
You can move from home to home.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 February 2018
Things could be better for staff and wages could be better and less paper work which would mean more time with residents. I personally enjoye working to both residents and their families.
productive
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford1 February 2018
a place where you can learn and grow and have opportunities to advance your career with training and development. the job can enhance your knowledge and having better understanding to do your job.
efficient workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackburn25 January 2018
I have worked for bupa for almost 2 years on the nursing dementia unit, while employed here I enjoyed the challenge and enjoyed working as part of a team as well as working alone
Always a opportunity for overtime
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 January 2018
always low staffing levels, management never seem to be there to give staff support when needed, the costs for residents stay is not worth the facilities or care they receive
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation
Lovely place to work excellent person centred care
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 January 2018
Worked here for five years.
Good management home is well ran.
Employees get free lunches. Paid breaks
Excellent person centred care.
Good CQC report.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Want to know more about Bupa?

Ask a question
wonderful experience
Care Assistant and kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 January 2018
working at Bupa care home is very satisfying as it help people with need as well as warm environment allow you to express yourself and the salary was really good. sometime can be difficult as it is 12 hours shift
Pros
good salary
Cons
long hours.
Lovely place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Market Lavington19 January 2018
Great place to work, although senior team and management can be fickle at times. I found the carers and residents great but some of the trained nurses not so nice.
work load unrealistic
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Croxteth16 January 2018
as long as you can turn a blind eye then you will fit in, me of course didn't and therefore had to leave as I chose to work to my job description by keeping residents safe
Review
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devizes12 January 2018
I loved working with elderly and dementia on a nursing unit. Bupa pay isn't the best. You have to work good as a team and unfortunately managing that team is difficult when your not listened to.
unprofessional and unsafe workplace.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
In the care home that I worked at I found it really unprofessional in all aspects. Members of staff answering their mobiles to take personal calls whilst looking after patients. There was a general "don't care" kind of attitude.
Being the newest member of staff (and youngest) i got no support from fellow carers, and management staff. I found myself asking questions all the time being new, and was made to feel that I was annoying them by asking. On several ocassions I voiced my concerns to them only to be told in a round a bout way to get on with it.
Too many so called managers appearing and disappearing daily, no routine and the staff used to tip ex out shifts they didnt want on the roster and change it to suit them! i hated it here and couldn't wait to leave. It almost put me off of the care profession.
Pros
the residents
Cons
the staff
Avoid at all costs !!!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands8 January 2018
Bupa like to give an image of being in the care industry, I would not put my relative in a Bupa care home. All Bupa care about is making money.
What kind of health care company doesn't pay sick pay ???
The worst paying care company out there- do your homework, your worth so much more.
We have a Regional Manager when inspects the home, she has no nursing or care experience, she is business orientated, only cares about filling beds and making money. Looks down on all staff, she is unapproachable, uncaring, cold & dismissive of everyone, insists on staff doing jobs that are not in their job description.
Long hours, unpaid breaks, short staffed.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Everything is bad
Fun work yet tiring
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havering-atte-Bower, Greater London7 January 2018
From mangement to colleagues great people enjoy bring with them but the only thing is working long hours in a day 12hrs shift Which is tiring at the end of the day. Great company though with free tea, coffee, lunch whatever you like.
Pros
Free lunch, tea, coffee
Means to an end
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Malvern10 December 2017
I'm sure not all BUPA establishments are the same, but the care home environment is never a good one. Unfortunately a common problem in care settings. Too much expected, too little given in return
Pros
Cons
Long hours, pressure to work more shifts
Nice work place meeting new people,
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, & Leeds5 December 2017
To Provide Residents with High Standards of Quality Care.
To start at 20.00 -8am night shift is always different and challenging.look forward for each shift - {visaversa}
Ive learned every aspects of working for Bupa, been in care section 14 years. i never Judge a person or culture or disrespect in any way
The management are helpful and caring to all staff.
Hardest part of Job - every shift is different - looking and taking care of Dementia / Nursing/ Residential residents with all aspects of their needs on daily basis and - Everyone is an Individual person with an History.Background,and to Recognise a Problem and to understand. the person
To Build on a Relationship and Trust with staff and residents and other member of Staff.
Enjoyable moments - Seeing the residents Happy and for Me to have a Smile knowing Ive done my job right ready for the next Shift. and to go home feeling happy after a busy night shift. Im also helpful and Reliable/ Confident to Run a unit on my own and to work as a Team. To /Assist Help with Medication when needed to Assist with. 2 hourly night checks Update care plans etc make sure all residents are safe at all times.
To give residents there Dignity & Privacy. Confidential is Important. Safeguarding & Diversity & Equality is Quality of care..
Pros
Free meals - Free uniforms - Meet New People - Safe Secure Job.- enjoyable memories
Cons
Not enough pay - Long hours.
Just a disgrace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elderslie27 November 2017
Well where do I start management not got a clue d and v constantly as they fling staff from unit to unit spreading infection place is disgusting out of date staff are ok most of them but stressed to extreme nyt shifts are under staff management leave without making sure nyt shifts are covered agency nurse constantly some help some dont they just sleep management dont bother about that residents are not cared for the way they deserve to be honestly we do try but can only do the best with what we have and its not good enough dont work here or put a loved one in here you will not get the respect or care you deserve

Incompetent !!!!!
Pros
Cons
Full shebang

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.

Bupa Reviews by Location