Bupa Employee Reviews in Staines-upon-Thames

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 1,108 reviews
fun workplace
customer Retention Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey25 September 2018
I found my time at Bupa to be both rewarding and Educational, I owe much of my experience to the opportunities provided to me from employment with them.

Working within the call centre environment much of the day might seem repetitive but every conversation was unique to the customer.

I found the hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers due to certain company processes or policies, however, I and the customer understood the reasons these were in place.

The call centre environment was a rewarding and fun place to work with high moral and great team efforts making each day enjoyable and different. There was a healthy level of competition among the department and team.

I did find the progression ladder to be rather difficult to climb.
bad workplace
Renewals Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey27 August 2018
worked at bupa for 6 weeks, I did the training in the classroom managed to pass 3 out of 4 competency tests and the 2 sign offs i failed the last test a few times, my probation was terminated and i was escorted out of the building. this has not put me in a financial crisis as i relocated to this area. i am not happy how i got treated towards the end
Pros
cheap breakfast
Cons
treated unfairly, bad workplace
avoid
Member Services advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey18 July 2018
during my time with Bupa, I was made to feel like a machine and didn't feel there was much of a work-life balance and although I'd met some lovely people the stress of the job was enough to make me want to move on
Pros
people, benefits, free gym
Cons
long hours, high stress
Fun and social work environment
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames21 March 2018
Great place to start of with. But at the end of the day, it is just a job, not a career. Management need to be more understanding and treat their staff like the adults they are, rather than school children.
Pros
Room for moving around internally
Cons
Management style
Unsupportive management
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames6 March 2018
Bupa don't seem to care that they have such a high turn over of staff. The inflexibility from them makes for a very difficult and stressful work environment. If you value your sanity and self confidence, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere for a job!
amazing people
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey1 March 2018
i have never worked at a company that has looked after its emplyees so well and the people i worked with were amazing
but the role i was in was not the role for me
Pros
the people the managers the company
Cons
the customers on the phone were just to much for me
became an impossible work environment
Various roles (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey20 February 2018
When I first started in 1995 it was a very enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunitoes to learn and advance through training and coaching. However, by the end of my time there the workplace environment had become almost intolerable due to various company strategy changes.
Pros
location and people
Cons
very boring
Great place to work for
Healthcare consultant/ Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames29 January 2018
Bupa is great place to work for. Apart from the salary there are many other benefits that you get including a free private medical insurance and a free on sight gym!

I work in the retention department which has great culture behind it. You are also provided with a 4 week classroom based training to learn products and services at the start of your career at Bupa.

All in all a good place to work for.
Long days worth nothing in the end!
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines14 November 2017
Management is terrible, they want to hear your feedback and do nothing with it. I know it is an office but the talking behind backs in horrid, can make you feel extremely uncomfortable at times. They expect you to work 8-8 to hit a target that is worth nothing in the end because if the quality team aren't your friends one month you're over. Shifts are alright if you're okay with working random shifts between 8-8 and the 1 Saturday in 4. Hard to swap shifts and book holiday if too many people are already on holiday. Hardest part is long phone calls with time wasting customers. Salary was different for different groups of new starters, basic salary isn't great for the effort you put in.
Pros
Good Benefits!
Cons
Long Hours, Management
Excellent place to work
Member Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey8 November 2017
Professional and fun environment to work with. Aids development as much as possible. Lots of great benefits. Depending on the department you work for, if it’s the contact centre there are many who wish to develop with few places to fill but generally still a great scope to develop.
counter productive and demoralising
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames22 October 2017
Only can only think of words to describe the company as a whole: Frustrating, demoralising, lack of investment, which speaks volumes really. I really can't think of anything more to say.
Productive workplace
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey29 March 2017
Great working environment and excellent benefits with the job very good social side to the job and great balance to work and home life and a fair salary to match the job
Pros
Free private health insurance
Good people to work with
Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  staines22 December 2016
BUPA is not so much a company , but a club in which all employeed are encouraged to be members. Working in application software support there was no such thing as a typical day, but, more often than not it was possible to leave work feeling that I had made a difference. My immediate management encouraged us to network with employees in other departments to solve problems / create solutions / gain knowledge becoming part of a temporary informal team that enabled people to come together and solve problems efficiently.
Pros
Healthcare / Pension / Investors in People
Cons
I forgot to concentrate on my own career
Caring Employer
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames10 November 2016
Busy working Service Desk environment
Friendly place to work
Learned Bespoke Applications
Calls regularly reviewed by management
Be prepared to tackle all sorts of problems with all levels of users from various parts of the Globe
Customer Service is key
Pros
Free Gym/Healthcare
Cons
Demanding Role -
petty and small minded managment, otherwise great job
Member Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-Upon-Thames[4]5 September 2016
co workers great job itself was great but higher management kept changing the goal posts which made advancement difficult unless your face fitted
Pros
gym
Cons
hours and petty rules
Busy and structured
Customer Complaints / Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines19 May 2016
Structured workday as per large and very busy call centre. Daily targets for every part of the work day from breaks to calls taken.
Great Experience
Healthcare consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines8 April 2016
Bupa was an amazing company to work for, very fair, approachable senior staff with any issues or if you wished to progress your career they can help develop skill to proceed.
Bupa Health Insurance
Deputy Sales Team Manager/Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee) –  Staines7 April 2016
Bupa as an organisation and an employer is a reliable one. I have worked here for approaching 6 years now and have enjoyed the various roles I have performed within and the development opportunities that I have worked towards and achieved.
Pros
Onsite Gym, Health Insurance included
Exciting and varied workplace with excellent training
Member Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Staines9 February 2016
Firstly, I found the 2 month intensive training programme to be very efficient, friendly and it put me (and my fellow colleagues) at great ease in such an overwhelming environment. We were coached and regularly assessed to identify how we could become better at our jobs. Working at Bupa was never dull, I never knew who I would be speaking to next or how I would be able to help them. After a month or two within the role I felt knowledgeable enough to use my own initiative in very difficult situations. It gave me great pride to hear how happy and relieved I was able to make people by doing my job.
I found the management as a whole to be quite distant from the Customer Service front lines, however my manager took the time to see how I was feeling and if there was anything we could do together to help me, in that context they were very supportive. However, it was not unheard of to have team meetings cancelled regularly, which didn't help the morale of the team as the communication between managers and them needed vast improvement. Most of my co-workers were amazingly helpful and supportive, though, which is necessary in an environment where you rely so heavily on each other. For me, the hardest part of the job was wanting to help someone but not being able to because I couldn't take more than an hour or two off the phone per week to look into queries and issues I had taken ownership of, but it was all worth it when I did manage to finish helping someone, it was very rewarding.
Pros
supportive environment, great benefits (health insurance etc).
Cons
very long periods of time on the phone with no rest-bite.
Part time work during college/university
Travel Consumer and Business Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines, ENG8 January 2016
Part time role while in college/university. Worked as multifunctional staff member and moved up to supervisor level. After that, moved into the projection team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.