Bupa Employee Reviews in Staines-upon-Thames

Great place to work for
Healthcare consultant/ Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames29 January 2018
Bupa is great place to work for. Apart from the salary there are many other benefits that you get including a free private medical insurance and a free on sight gym!

I work in the retention department which has great culture behind it. You are also provided with a 4 week classroom based training to learn products and services at the start of your career at Bupa.

All in all a good place to work for.
Excellent place to work
Member Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey8 November 2017
Professional and fun environment to work with. Aids development as much as possible. Lots of great benefits. Depending on the department you work for, if it’s the contact centre there are many who wish to develop with few places to fill but generally still a great scope to develop.
counter productive and demoralising
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames22 October 2017
Only can only think of words to describe the company as a whole: Frustrating, demoralising, lack of investment, which speaks volumes really. I really can't think of anything more to say.
Productive workplace
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey29 March 2017
Great working environment and excellent benefits with the job very good social side to the job and great balance to work and home life and a fair salary to match the job
Pros
Free private health insurance
Good people to work with
Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  staines22 December 2016
BUPA is not so much a company , but a club in which all employeed are encouraged to be members. Working in application software support there was no such thing as a typical day, but, more often than not it was possible to leave work feeling that I had made a difference. My immediate management encouraged us to network with employees in other departments to solve problems / create solutions / gain knowledge becoming part of a temporary informal team that enabled people to come together and solve problems efficiently.
Pros
Healthcare / Pension / Investors in People
Cons
I forgot to concentrate on my own career
Caring Employer
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames10 November 2016
Busy working Service Desk environment
Friendly place to work
Learned Bespoke Applications
Calls regularly reviewed by management
Be prepared to tackle all sorts of problems with all levels of users from various parts of the Globe
Customer Service is key
Pros
Free Gym/Healthcare
Cons
Demanding Role -
petty and small minded managment, otherwise great job
Member Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines-Upon-Thames[4]5 September 2016
co workers great job itself was great but higher management kept changing the goal posts which made advancement difficult unless your face fitted
Pros
gym
Cons
hours and petty rules
Busy and structured
Customer Complaints / Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staines19 May 2016
Structured workday as per large and very busy call centre. Daily targets for every part of the work day from breaks to calls taken.
Great Experience
Healthcare consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines8 April 2016
Bupa was an amazing company to work for, very fair, approachable senior staff with any issues or if you wished to progress your career they can help develop skill to proceed.
Bupa Health Insurance
Deputy Sales Team Manager/Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee) –  Staines7 April 2016
Bupa as an organisation and an employer is a reliable one. I have worked here for approaching 6 years now and have enjoyed the various roles I have performed within and the development opportunities that I have worked towards and achieved.
Pros
Onsite Gym, Health Insurance included
Exciting and varied workplace with excellent training
Member Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Staines9 February 2016
Firstly, I found the 2 month intensive training programme to be very efficient, friendly and it put me (and my fellow colleagues) at great ease in such an overwhelming environment. We were coached and regularly assessed to identify how we could become better at our jobs. Working at Bupa was never dull, I never knew who I would be speaking to next or how I would be able to help them. After a month or two within the role I felt knowledgeable enough to use my own initiative in very difficult situations. It gave me great pride to hear how happy and relieved I was able to make people by doing my job.
I found the management as a whole to be quite distant from the Customer Service front lines, however my manager took the time to see how I was feeling and if there was anything we could do together to help me, in that context they were very supportive. However, it was not unheard of to have team meetings cancelled regularly, which didn't help the morale of the team as the communication between managers and them needed vast improvement. Most of my co-workers were amazingly helpful and supportive, though, which is necessary in an environment where you rely so heavily on each other. For me, the hardest part of the job was wanting to help someone but not being able to because I couldn't take more than an hour or two off the phone per week to look into queries and issues I had taken ownership of, but it was all worth it when I did manage to finish helping someone, it was very rewarding.
Pros
supportive environment, great benefits (health insurance etc).
Cons
very long periods of time on the phone with no rest-bite.
Part time work during college/university
Travel Consumer and Business Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines, ENG8 January 2016
Part time role while in college/university. Worked as multifunctional staff member and moved up to supervisor level. After that, moved into the projection team
Bupa stained customer services department
Customer services (Former Employee) –  Staines-Upon-Thames[4]8 November 2015
Worked at bupa staines in claims and customer services. Useless company and it changed my life not for the best in relation to career and many years to come. If I had never joined bupa my life would not be in the s..t its in now. I blame my stay at bupa one of the worst decisions i ever did and so regret staying there.

I read a lot of the negative comments about bupa and totally agree with all of them. Nasty place nasty people . avoid them like the plague.
Straight forward
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Staines-Upon-Thames[4]2 November 2015
A typical day at work is pretty much straight forward. Everyone individually knows what they are doing, if not there is a a very supportive management whatever you need help with.
often fun workplace, friendly staff and management.
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Staines, Middlesex21 September 2015
a typical day at work would include, signing in on time as shifts often vary, working an 8 hour day. Set up systems ready to take inbound calls in the customer retention department (Loyalty) usually looking to turn around customer cancellations, or to help deal with any objections usually in relation to price. i would generate quotations, have extended conversations sometimes over an hour to help the member to a resolution they are satisfied with.
i learned valuable people skills in terms of empathy and holding these long conversations, how to build rapport with members and holding their interest. also i learned valuable system skills.
management would consist of the department being split up into individual teams, usually around 8 members of staff. we would be managed by looking at quality of our conversations, and on statistics relating to the amount of cancellation turn arounds.
my co workers were all very nice, and we all got on very well, and helped each other improve where we could.
the hardest part of my job was that the conversations would have to revolve around a strict script, so conversation was not free we would have to follow these guidelines which could often be a challenge both me myself and for the member i was talking to. although i was able to adapt this script myself to make it sound more like a natural conversation.
the most enjoyable part of the job would be working within our teams, we would often do things together inside and outside of work, and we were encouraged to all motivate each other whilst at work.
Also we would often hold charity fundraisers
  more... at work that would be enjoyable each time with a different theme for the day.  less
Pros
free onsite gym, cheap canteen
Cons
working some saturdays, scripted conversations
Sales Quality Consultant
Sales Quality Consultant (Current Employee) –  Staines16 July 2015
Interactive busy day monitoring sales calls to ensure abiding by the FCA guilines and that no customer/members are being mislead or given advice as we are a non-advised business. I have learned team work but also how to work independently, am able to be organised and this has also helped in personal life. Good communication skills approachable and also no question is stupid if it gains knowledge and improvement. Had working co-workers differnet ages, cultures and countries. Hardest part of the job is not to become complacent and always ensure that feedback and the way I /we work is new and makes improvements. Most enjoyable part of the role is to impact the business for change in preventing risk to the customer getting it right first time and being part of the Bupa 2020 vision of happier healthier lives.
Pros
Meal allowance, health insurance, free parking and free tea, coffee and water
Cons
Long communte to work
Excellent award winning company. Fantastic place to work!
Member Services Advisor & Report Analysis (Former Employee) –  Staines Upon Thames7 December 2014
My typical day would include:
- Giving advice to our members with cover under their particular policy.
- Giving advice & training to co-workers
- Assessing medical reports for our members

I have learnt a vast amount at Bupa but in particular i have gained a vast amount of medical knowledge. I also feel i have brilliant customer services skills and am a team player as this is key within any business.

I have always loved working with other people and helping co workers as i feel this is what makes a business work and also makes my life more enjoyable.

The hardest part of my job was leaving as i loved everyone i worked with and thoroughly enjoyed my role throughout the 7 years but my partner was offered work here in Australia and i want to try something different and expand my skills.

The most enjoyable part of my role would have been talking to different people every day and helping our members stay healthy.
fast paced business environment
Benefits manager (Current Employee) –  staines10 November 2014
Lead project manager on identifying the costs of system messages in the company operating across a wide variety of services such as business strategy, marketing, financial and management controls, human resources, information technology, e-business, operations and process improvement.
Typical day to day role
Deputy Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines3 October 2014
• Managing and organising my time smartly for maximum efficiency
• The ability to keep myself and my team calm in a highly regulated, competitive and high pressure sales environment.
• Leading a team of front-line sales representatives for new and existing business.
• Worked in an inbound and outbound team with the ability to exceed targets on both teams.
• Targeted on sales, cross sales, conversion ( Leads x Quote to Sale), work time and dials per hour – exceeding all
• Ability to more than often close sales with a first call resolution
• Matching products to an individual’s needs
• Ability to provide world class customer service and treat customers fairly.
Day to Day Review
Service Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Staines, ENG17 August 2014
My day at Bupa would consist of collation and analysis of my teams performance from the previous day.
I would have a morning meeting with the senior managers to agree targets and focus for the day.
I would be dealing with customer complaints and doing call monitoring each day to ensure our KPI's had been achieved
Pros
Free parking, nice enviroment
Cons
Shift work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.