Bupa Employee Reviews in Manchester

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 1,110 reviews
Don’t apply
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester31 October 2018
Awful place to work, no job security, take commission off you all the time not worth the stress or the amount of hours you do. Promised 1 late a week but 4/5 of them are lates! Not a sales job, not allowed to sell or advise wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy. Loosing staff quicker then they can get them in.
Pros
Cons
No flexibility, hardly ever get commission
Member services
Member Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 August 2018
Absolutely shocking place to work. Staff are treated like children and managers haven't go a clue about the job and no respect for their staff. Staff are not allowed to make their own decisions and need to go to managers to get answers on what should be common sense queries, half the time they pretend to be on the phone or fob you off. The quality team in this place are atrocious, they are in the job a couple of months and think they know it all. They justify keeping themselves in jobs by moving goalposts to catch the staff out and don't give adequate training, then failing the staff on quality, these people wouldn't last a week in the job. The member services area is in a mess as the staff get told one thing and then another. Whatever you DO NOT WORK IN MEMBER SERVICES. AVOID
Pros
I get to go home
Cons
Lots
Great company to work for in challenging times
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester UK16 January 2018
I worked for Bupa UK, during the GFC and it was a good experience. The pay could have been better, but due to the countries financial status, it was good to work for such a stable company.
Pros
on site Gym
Cons
Pay could have been better
Customer & results focused
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 December 2017
A good place to work, which is very much because of the people who work there. Puts the customer at the heart of everything it does but is very slow to react, make decisions and change.
Pros
People
Good work team on ground level
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 September 2017
Good team to work with but can often be disconnected from managment, this often leads to misunderstandind and communication issues. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Lunch included on long days
Cons
Usually 12 hour shifts
Good place to work job/lifestyle balance
Analyst (IT) (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 August 2017
Good place to work, friendly and free private healthcare
Free parking and free gym onsite.
Employee discounts on lots of shops and online deals.
Job/lifestyle balance, allows remote working.
Good for allowing me to participate in events and courses

Not good for career progression in my opinion for the career I wanted.
Not good for salary increases compared to other companies
Pros
Remote working, free private healthcare
Cons
Not much salary increase or career progression
Brilliant Tea, job security questionable
Hr System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 June 2017
Great place to work, however Job security can at times be pulled in to question.Salary and working hours very good depending on experience and the character of the individual
Pros
Team and People
Cons
Job security
Good
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 March 2017
Great staff, great benefits, job security & career progression and just really enjoyable going into work. Management are great with any problems & nurses are very experienced.
Good
Healthcare Executive (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK19 January 2017
It was thoroughly enjoyable to work for Bupa in their Salford offfice, and the change management experience was invaluable and challenging which I really appreciated.
Good
Quality Assurance officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 December 2016
As a result of the work I was involved in a The Co-Operative bank with regard to training and coaching I moved into a non-finance quality assessor role. Working in accordance with strict FCA guidelines we are aiding the staff at BUPA in their understanding of how to accurately identify and process a complaint. With the view to meeting an upcoming FCA audit we are currently assessing the phone calls from customers and tracking how they are firstly identified by the call team and then how they are processed. This requires an in-depth knowledge of the FCA regulations regarding complaint.
On this project I have worked closely with my Team manager in collating the MI in order to identify any issues with regards to quality. This was then relayed back to senior management along with suggestions as to how the education provided to colleagues can be improved. The project finished in October as the audit had been completed.
Member Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester25 October 2016
great place to work, friendly atmosphere and great team building. everybody is great to work with. all jobs are stressful, but there is always help. easy to get to.
Pros
free gym
Fun place to work
Bupa House keeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 July 2016
A day at work was working with residents which I enjoyed and I got on with a lot of staff but the management was very rude and I learn't a lot of respect i was only young and what I seen people passing away and being very ill brought me to have a lot of respect.
Pros
Free lunch
Great company
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  manchester21 October 2015
Excellent company to work for. Fantastic training and opportunities. Great people and highly effective management teams.
Patient focused
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 October 2015
A typical day at work for me involves working with patients, staff and external departments within Bupa. I strive to provide high standards of patient care with my teams and to provide a happy caring environment for everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my colleagues !!
Financial Administrator - Give Bupa a miss
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 September 2015
I worked for Bupa for 4 months, was told initially hours flexible, agreed with Home Manager I could leave 1750hrs to get train at 1800hrs to be home for 1830hrs, after 2 weeks she told me it had to be 1800hrs, which meant the next train was 1835 hrs not getting home till 1905hrs, have a small child and husband leaves for work at 1830hrs so it did not work, she would not move on the 1800hrs finish even though I was only taking a 10 minute break at lunch time. Also told after I took the job that I would have to work every other Saturday.
I have also been underpaid and am having to go to tribunal for what is rightfully owed. The Home Manager is the reason 90% of the staff want to leave, while working there 5 staff resigned, should of realised then what kind of company they are.
The other staff however are all very friendly and professional.
Went on a training course which took 4.5hrs travel time both ways, and was told I had to take the travel time as a holiday!!!
Pros
Excellent training/induction
Cons
Bad management
Health Assessor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG22 September 2015
Coming from a sports therapist background, I am now part of the Bupa health screening department in Manchester, Piccadily. My focus is taking part in the ‘longer happier lives’ Bupa campaign, promoting the company mission wherever possible. Part of my role is to provide an outstanding customer experience and to always go the extra mile. One of my targets for 2015 is to focus primarily on promoting a ‘healthy mind, healthy body’ attitude and to remind Bupas customers that their mental wellbeing is just as important as their physical health.
I look forward to raising awareness through visiting other Bupa sites and discussing this with the staff. I am really looking forward to helping our business grow in 2015 by continuing to offer Bupa customers the best experience when they visit our health centers.
Pros
good hours
Cons
private clients, high expectations
Range of skills learnt
BUPA (Administrative) (Former Employee) –  Manchester27 June 2015
A typical day during my work experience at BUPA involved recording absences from clients, logging receipts for client consultations on an Edexcel Spreadsheet and investigating Doctors' reports about our clients. I learnt skills such as how to behave in an office environment, which included how to address colleagues in a professional manner. Other skills included how to address clients and other formal personnel over the phone, as well as using a Spreadsheet to a professional manner.I found this opportunity to be of extreme value as it has taught me the skills which are applicable for any job that I can now use effectively in a confident manner. I also had the fortunate opportunity to sit in a conference which aimed to train colleagues in effectively counselling clients over the phone.
Pros
Range of skills learnt
Cons
Not as much contact with customers as desired
fun at work
care assistant (Former Employee) –  manchester11 May 2015
Supporting patients with personal care, watching and feeding. All collegues work collaboratively with patients to ensure that optimum care.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a bit far from my house
Great people focused company
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Manchester29 January 2015
Great company for development, strong management team,great benefits, dependent on location.
BUPA is not a good place to work.
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 October 2014
I used to be a senior carer but due to personal health I had to step down, now I'm a housekeeper and the job is hard. I have really bad knees and now they got me working 10 hour shifts without sitting down except on my break. Minimum wage. No sick pay. Can't even request a day off when you need one... I'm looking for different jobs. I will not stay longer than I have to.
Pros
work mates
Cons
bad pay, long hours, no sick pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.